HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film

Go down 
+3
Spike991
duralumin
Soul
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

Playstation Network The Beret

Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film   Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 4:05 am

land of the dead was not made to be a serious film.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film   Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 4:20 am

charlieRE2 wrote:
land of the dead was not made to be a serious film.
That's sort of moot, though. Regardless of that (assuming you mean it literally rather than as personal criticism of the movie), it's still even more of a farce than those Return of the Living Dead movies. And, like I said, it destroyed all respect I had for Romero's movie-making abilities.
Back to top Go down
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

PostSubject: Re: Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film   Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 3:31 pm

shinji mikami took alot of influence from romero. so i will never lose respect for him.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film   Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 5:51 pm

charlieRE2 wrote:
shinji mikami took alot of influence from romero. so i will never lose respect for him.

Well I probably won't lose any respect for Romero, but I just didn't care for Land...

It seems like it wasn't really meant to be serious, not exactly sure how to explain it, but it certainly didn't seem like it was made to make you jump out of your seat though.Smile
Back to top Go down
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

PostSubject: Re: Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film   Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 4:14 pm

land of the dead was by no means amazing but still he should of made the RE films in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
duralumin
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
duralumin

PostSubject: Re: Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film   Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 7:47 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Duralumin, you may not fully understand what I meant with the credit company analogy. Credit companies make a lot of money in questionable ways. In my opinion, Anderson made a lot of money in a questionable way. He took someone's creation and molded and obscured it to make money. My personal philosophy is that if you want to use someone else's creation, then you use it exactly. I have no doubts that the movies were successful as the box office numbers speak for themselves.

@Spike: I see where you're coming from. I'm glad that you can see past what I cannot. It means you have more things to enjoy than I. Smile
...Questionable? Again, comparing credit card company behavior to some bloke making a movie...well...a little envelope pushing. After all, Capcom, and previous RE game developers, gave the thumbs up to Anderson's treatment. After the Romero firing by Constantin Film was when Anderson was brought in. You act as if Anderson snuck in his versions of RE using black helicopters no less. Again, NK, I'm not the biggest fan of the live-action movies...but I think it borders on hilarious to say that Anderson fleshed out his evil plans for world domination via RE films. Chuck, yer so right as "Land" was a poke at the "haves" and "have nots" in our society..almost comedic and intentional farce in every way: Romero has always stated that for him horror (and in particular zombie films) have always been more of a vehicle for him to tell stories of revolution. Watch Romero's Diary Of The Dead for a nitty gritty zombie film...good stuff. As for Romero's movie making abilities?...check out Bruiser. Very haunting. Romero all the way...definitely should have been him at the helm of the RE films, but with that being said I can still enjoy the Anderson movies to some degree. Not a problem at all if the films brought people into the gaming fold. It shouldn't be an issue at all IMO...after all it's just entertainment...not a cure for cancer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.independenceproductions.gobot.com
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film   Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 8:31 pm

Well it's just my philosophy. And I never said he was planning world domination...but now that you mention it...
Back to top Go down
duralumin
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
duralumin

PostSubject: Re: Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film   Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 3:55 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Well it's just my philosophy. And I never said he was planning world domination...but now that you mention it...
LOL! You never know. Y'know NK, I think for the most part we both are on the same page. You have a visceral reaction to the Anderson films, and while I can watch them and somewhat appreciate them, I still see them as falling WAY WAY short of what they might have been. So we share a common point there for certain. It might've been interesting to have been introduced to the games as Soul has been via the films, but I gotta be honest and say I'm glad it was the other way around for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.independenceproductions.gobot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film   Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who was introduced to RE by Anderson's First Film
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2