Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE6 to be a reboot? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE6 to be a reboot? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE6 to be a reboot? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE6 to be a reboot? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE6 to be a reboot? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE6 to be a reboot? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE6 to be a reboot? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE6 to be a reboot? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE6 to be a reboot? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE6 to be a reboot?

Go down 
+9
Lunar6000
duralumin
Wesker
Regenerator
Spike991
frodomir
lyfesArcanum
ChrisSherry
Ghost Leader
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

RE6 to be a reboot? Empty
PostSubject: RE6 to be a reboot?   RE6 to be a reboot? EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 2:13 am

Quote :
With less than a month to go before Resident Evil 5 hits, 1Up is digging into the game to unearth a lot of new information including an interesting interview with the game's producer.

If this short intro to the week-long package can be believed, it sounds like Jun Takeuchi has finally come to the same realization that a lot of gamers have, it's time for the basic framework and mechanics of Resident Evil to get an overhaul.

In what is destined to be the first genuinely epic game of 2009, Resident Evil 5 is practically guaranteed to be the last of its kind, with the game's producer, Jun Takeuchi, assuring us that a reboot is in order for the inevitable Resident Evil 6. That's not to suggest that there's anything wrong with the evil at hand. Quite the opposite; it's awesome fun, and we've beaten the game from beginning to end, and have a week's worth of detailed, insider info for you to enjoy.

While the new footage, preview and "secrets" all sound interesting, what I'm waiting for is the full Takeuchi interview set to hit the site on Wednesday.

Come on Takeuchi, no more zombie pinata.
Link

While I'm disappointed with where the franchise has gone with RE4 & 5, I don't really know what to say about this.

If they do reboot it, will there be all new characters, or will existing ones be used but altered? I don't really think anyone can replace the likes of Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire, Rebecca, and Wesker.
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: RE6 to be a reboot?   RE6 to be a reboot? EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 4:21 am

I don't think I like this, I want RE6 to be a sequel.
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: RE6 to be a reboot?   RE6 to be a reboot? EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 4:50 am

ChrisSherry wrote:
I think it will all depend on how RE5 ends up playing out and where it ends. It's possible that they finished off the story, and that's why they might remake. I think a remake of RE2 would be pretty cool, with Leon and Claire.
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: RE6 to be a reboot?   RE6 to be a reboot? EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 7:00 am

ChrisSherry wrote:

Same with me... Reboot is just too stupid now... First changing system... SUX... Or second... Starting story with new characters and deleting old... OMFG WHAT A BLOODY NOOBS!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: RE6 to be a reboot?   RE6 to be a reboot? EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 8:25 am

Yeah, it would be just stupid. I think they shouldn't. I mean why would you want to reboot a great game series? you really can't. Sad
I want a sequel! Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE6 to be a reboot?   RE6 to be a reboot? EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 12:32 pm

lyfesArcanum wrote:
I think it will all depend on how RE5 ends up playing out and where it ends. It's possible that they finished off the story, and that's why they might remake. I think a remake of RE2 would be pretty cool, with Leon and Claire.
Reboot, not remake. It means they'll ignore everything that happened in the games previously and start anew.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE6 to be a reboot?   RE6 to be a reboot? EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 5:42 pm

That might be interesting, like a spin-off, I like all of the games so far, and after RE5 ends we will probably see how it will turn out, RE6 that is, if there will be one, but there doesn't at this point seem to be much that they can do, this seems like a finale right now, after RE5 we will know.Smile
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: RE6 to be a reboot?   RE6 to be a reboot? EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 7:14 pm

Spike991 wrote:
That might be interesting, like a spin-off, I like all of the games so far, and after RE5 ends we will probably see how it will turn out, RE6 that is, if there will be one, but there doesn't at this point seem to be much that they can do, this seems like a finale right now, after RE5 we will know.Smile
I agree...nobody should jump to conclusions this early about RE6
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: RE6 to be a reboot?   RE6 to be a reboot? EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 8:03 pm

Spike991 wrote:

Yeah, it does seem like RE5 will be the finale, but, there might be, I hope Smile

Quote :
I agree...nobody should jump to conclusions this early about RE6

Good point, things change Smile
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: RE6 to be a reboot?   RE6 to be a reboot? EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 3:42 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:
Reboot, not remake. It means they'll ignore everything that happened in the games previously and start anew.
Oh... right. Well, it may be cool. I think it might be fun to play a whole different side of the story. Maybe they will introduce new characters but keep the old ones as well? As sort of back-story people?
Then again, it is still only a rumor, we will have to wait and see. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE6 to be a reboot?   RE6 to be a reboot? EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 11:22 am

lyfesArcanum wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:
Oh... right. Well, it may be cool. I think it might be fun to play a whole different side of the story. Maybe they will introduce new characters but keep the old ones as well? As sort of back-story people?
Then again, it is still only a rumor, we will have to wait and see. Very Happy

The RE storyline that exists is amazing, but it has pretty much had all of it's juice squeezed out, it might be a smart move to reboot, or just do side-stories until they figure something out...Smile
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Cerberus
Cerberus
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: RE6 to be a reboot?   RE6 to be a reboot? EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 1:34 pm

Hadn't seen that image before.
Jill dies in RE5? Neutral

RE6 to be a reboot? Custom_1235430189968_re5
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE6 to be a reboot?   RE6 to be a reboot? EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 5:25 pm

Wesker wrote:
Hadn't seen that image before.
Jill dies in RE5? Neutral

RE6 to be a reboot? Custom_1235430189968_re5

It would seem so, this would have been before the events of the game start anyway, since her gravestone was shown as a flashback early on in the game's intro.:

RE6 to be a reboot? Jill_s10

Also a reboot might not be that bad, just look at the show Angel, it is a spin-off of Buffy The Vampire Slayer, and it was an awesome show, RE6 could be Angel.Smile
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Cerberus
Cerberus
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: RE6 to be a reboot?   RE6 to be a reboot? EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 5:48 pm

Spike991 wrote:

Also a reboot might not be that bad, just look at the show Angel, it is a spin-off of Buffy The Vampire Slayer, and it was an awesome show, RE6 could be Angel.Smile

I wouldn't compare Resident Evil to a tv show...

By the way who deleted my post? Wasn't cool.
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: RE6 to be a reboot?   RE6 to be a reboot? EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 6:56 pm

Wesker wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Maybe it was against rules? Or you lagged out while typing... What did u write
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
Wesker
Cerberus
Cerberus
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: RE6 to be a reboot?   RE6 to be a reboot? EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 7:30 pm

frodomir wrote:

Maybe it was against rules? Or you lagged out while typing... What did u write

Wasn't against the rules and I didn't lag out. I wrote "That's it. I'm out to kill Takeuchi."
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: RE6 to be a reboot?   RE6 to be a reboot? EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 10:04 pm

Quote :
Also a reboot might not be that bad, just look at the show Angel, it is a spin-off of Buffy The Vampire Slayer, and it was an awesome show, RE6 could be Angel.

Angel was ok, but, not as good as Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Smile

I would pick a Spin-off over a Reboot.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE6 to be a reboot?   RE6 to be a reboot? EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 1:56 pm

Wesker wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

That was me, sorry to have to do that, but you had a double-post.
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: RE6 to be a reboot?   RE6 to be a reboot? EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 6:49 am

A Jun Takeuchi Interview. He talks about RE6 a little. (But, They are only thinking about it right now.)

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/24/joystiq-interview-jun-takeuchi-page-3/
Back to top Go down
duralumin
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
duralumin

PostSubject: Re: RE6 to be a reboot?   RE6 to be a reboot? EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 7:42 pm

Wesker wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

I really don't think he was trying to compare RE to a TV show...just trying to make the point that going in a new direction isn't always a bad thing. Honestly, I think a reboot may be about due...and for my part welcome. We've pretty much run the gamut with what you can do with the characters...going too far may make people lose interest...like the old saying "kicking a dead horse". I love the established characters as much as anybody around, and I want it to stay that way. And in reality, for me at least RE4 was somewhat of a departure from the established RE universe (and not a totally welcome one at that). It'll be interesting to see what happens...let's hope that RE5 does well enough (and I'm pretty sure it will) to warrant pursuing further avenues with the RE world.
Back to top Go down
http://www.independenceproductions.gobot.com
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE6 to be a reboot?   RE6 to be a reboot? EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 4:41 pm

duralumin wrote:
Wesker wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

I really don't think he was trying to compare RE to a TV show...just trying to make the point that going in a new direction isn't always a bad thing. Honestly, I think a reboot may be about due...and for my part welcome. We've pretty much run the gamut with what you can do with the characters...going too far may make people lose interest...like the old saying "kicking a dead horse". I love the established characters as much as anybody around, and I want it to stay that way. And in reality, for me at least RE4 was somewhat of a departure from the established RE universe (and not a totally welcome one at that). It'll be interesting to see what happens...let's hope that RE5 does well enough (and I'm pretty sure it will) to warrant pursuing further avenues with the RE world.

That could be nice, I wouldn't mind seeing some new characters, and even cameos from established characters.Smile
Back to top Go down
Lunar6000
Cerberus
Cerberus
Lunar6000

PostSubject: Re: RE6 to be a reboot?   RE6 to be a reboot? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 2:35 pm

A reboot would be terrible if its a start over.

Only good way to do the reboot is if it follows the movies story arch with Alice. Alice would be sweet to play as or see in the games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Lunar6000
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: RE6 to be a reboot?   RE6 to be a reboot? EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 8:21 pm

Gameplay wise: Reboot Please
Storyline wise: Don't Reboot, just move Forward using the elements that were already set in place by previous games
Genre Wise: Hang back and stick to the roots, Horror.

*cries to self*... I miss the zombies....
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: RE6 to be a reboot?   RE6 to be a reboot? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 9:47 am

They really should bring back the zombies in Re6.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: RE6 to be a reboot?   RE6 to be a reboot? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 9:49 am

As I've said before, if Alice ever becomes part of the games, I'll give up the franchise. Telekinesis doesn't belong in RE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE6 to be a reboot?   RE6 to be a reboot? Empty

Back to top Go down

RE6 to be a reboot?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next