HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
newbielives
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC Empty
PostSubject: How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC   How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Hi everyone, this is my first post.

Hopefully you guys can help me.
My first foray into RE was with RE4(PS2) and I was just having a blast knifing the chainsaw dudes and clearing every zombie I could in a stage before leaving for the next area.
After beating RE4 and hearing that RE5 was coming out, I went bonkers for RE and bought a used GameCube RE-Remake, RE-Zero, RE2, RE3, RE Code Veronica(ps2).
All excited with my newly acquired collection I held my breath and began my journey into RE1 Remake

It was then that the rug was pulled from beneath me and I was left dumbfounded by how I should play this game.
I tried knifing the zombies, but that pretty much resulted in me getting bitten.
I tried standing far to one side of a wall and wait for my chance to dash around the zombie in the tight hallways but that always resulted in me getting bitten

I watched some speed runs, and it was like uhh I want to play this game not memorize every freaking detail then play it.
My friend who is a RE(PS1) veteran even tried his corner knife trick in the Remake but it does not work as the zombies will actually walk around the corner lol

Yes I could shoot the zombies, but I must Conserve my ammo:P (Or do I?)

Right now I'm just kinda stuck, I've played the game systematically torching those pesky zombie before they could come back to life, saving after solving each major puzzle, shooting zombies in the face, but now I've caught a snag, I only have ONE RIBBON left and I can't find my next Ribbon batch.
So I've come this far to draining the pool and meeting the sharks only to be left feeling like the game is fighting me because the way I was playing it was all wrong.

I'm willing to start over, I just want to understand how to play this game, is it all just about running and expecting to get bitten (never fighting back) and then memorizing all the puzzles or can you actually play this game in real time and enjoy the moment and still progress through this game having fun battling zombies.
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC   How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 12:30 pm

Remake doesnt just look better... There were several AI bugs fixed... Thats why you cant always just knife every creature out there... But im not sure how cant you evade zombies... I mean everybody can do taht =D They r too slow
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC   How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 3:53 pm

Take everything you learned in RE4 and throw it out the window, because it's not going to be any help. REmake is survival horror, not Gears of Evil.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC   How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 6:11 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Take everything you learned in RE4 and throw it out the window, because it's not going to be any help. REmake is survival horror, not Gears of Evil.

I think that RE4 will help plenty, the others should definately not be ignored at any costs, but RE4 is an important one too.Smile
Back to top Go down
newbielives
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC   How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 7:02 pm

Thanks for replying, I will have another go with my main focus on evading those ^SLOW^ zombies instead of killing them
What do you do in tight hallways?
Is there any trick, technique? Football fake?

Thanks

frodomir wrote:
Remake doesnt just look better... There were several AI bugs fixed... Thats why you cant always just knife every creature out there... But im not sure how cant you evade zombies... I mean everybody can do taht =D They r too slow
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC   How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 9:12 pm

Spike991 wrote:
I think that RE4 will help plenty, the others should definately not be ignored at any costs, but RE4 is an important one too.Smile
Gameplay skills learned in RE4 are useless in REmake because RE4's combat focused more on strategy (e.g., shooting a running ganados in the knee to knock him down). Someone going from RE4 into REmake, or RE2 or 3, are going to expect to be aiming freely at the knees and heads of zombies, which RE4 taught them was important. But in the previous games, you can't do that so it's best to just throw that strategy out the window all-together because it won't help them.

Slightly off topic here, but it really annoys me when I hear of someone being "disappointed" with REmake, RE2, RE3, etc., after transitioning to them from RE4. Mad But that's just a little rant of mine and not directed at anyone here.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC   How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 9:14 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Gameplay skills learned in RE4 are useless in REmake because RE4's combat focused more on strategy (e.g., shooting a running ganados in the knee to knock him down). Someone going from RE4 into REmake, or RE2 or 3, are going to expect to be aiming freely at the knees and heads of zombies, which RE4 taught them was important. But in the previous games, you can't do that so it's best to just throw that strategy out the window all-together because it won't help them.

Slightly off topic here, but it really annoys me when I hear of someone being "disappointed" with REmake, RE2, RE3, etc., after transitioning to them from RE4. Mad But that's just a little rant of mine and not directed at anyone here.

Yeah, I feel that it is better to start with the earlier games, and then make the transition to the newer camera, but there are a few different tactics taken when dealing with the enemies, the aiming being the most important.Smile
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC   How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 11:28 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Compared to way yo play it RE 4 is useless... You cant aim for head now... Well you can but its harder to hit them directly...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
bravotwozero007
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
bravotwozero007

PostSubject: Re: How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC   How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 8:43 am

i try and run around the zombies, unless there is no way past,you will save alot of ammo that way and health needed for later on in the game, but as an earlier poster said, take all you have learnt from re4 and throw it out of the window
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC   How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC Empty

Back to top Go down

How are you suppose to play RE Remake for GC
Page 1 of 1