Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
One more bloody day! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
One more bloody day! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
One more bloody day! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
One more bloody day! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
One more bloody day! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
One more bloody day! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
One more bloody day! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
One more bloody day! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
One more bloody day! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

One more bloody day!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

One more bloody day! Empty
PostSubject: One more bloody day!   One more bloody day! EmptyWed Jan 23, 2019 3:42 pm

Just one. One! Relive the zombie infested city that perished on 1 October, 1998, with a 2019 feel. bounce
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: One more bloody day!   One more bloody day! EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 4:35 am

Could you start being a little more clear in your topics? lol
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: One more bloody day!   One more bloody day! EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 8:05 am

The RE2 remake is out tomorrow!

I'm looking forward to the Ghost Survivors (free update) mode in March. There's a new campaign where you get to play as Robert Kendo. He's the guy in the original RE2 that you seen in the gun store near the beginning of either scenario. You can also play an Umbrella soldier, and the mayor's daughter.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: One more bloody day!   One more bloody day! EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 10:49 am

White Rock wrote:
The RE2 remake is out tomorrow!
I was not aware of that. I can't get it day one anyway, though.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: One more bloody day!   One more bloody day! EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 9:30 pm

Oh, that sucks for sure. But not as much as me not being able to live stream on YouTube for 3 months, although I'll admit, that was my fault. And I also found myself getting banned from posting in the official RE2 thread on NeoGAF, which is pretty much the only large scale forum community that I still post at. But sadly, all of those cretins are evidently fanboys who are not actually true fans. They love Capcom and support what they do, sure, but they also claim that they don't care about the series either way.

Seriously. They said they haven't 'cared about the plot' in years and want further remakes. What the hell? But they said that...

How can one not care about the story and all the material fans have been collecting for years? That's the backbone (or spirit) of the whole franchise, even though yes, the game style in any game matters very much so. That isn't to be disputed. This is an important factor, obviously. But these are members that likely began with 4 or even 7 - and they call themselves true fans. Ha-ha.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: One more bloody day!   One more bloody day! EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 6:33 am

Yeah, unfortunately, the constant URL switching has significantly hurt our activity level here, too. Crying or Very sad

RE4 was the tipping point for me. The game became an action shooter first and a horror game second. Then, as you said, they did away with Umbrella, a villain we'd been heavily invested in, in the game's damn opening monologue, making matters even worse. I don't know about anyone else, but I saw that as a major cop out by Capcom at best and an overt "fuck you" to those fans invested in the story at worst. So, the way I see it, what's the point in getting invested in the story when the threat of Capcom abruptly ending it with a few narrated words looms over us?

Last edited by Ghost Leader on Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: One more bloody day!   One more bloody day! EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 1:24 am

Wow. What a game. I attempted it twice tonight. The first time, I ran out of bullets. After a nap, I tried again, and got much further. Unfortunately, I ran out of bullets and got killed by zombies. Make sure you don't miss, by the way. Ammo is not in massive amounts. It can be awkward to shoot them in the faces because they swagger about.

You need to do a mental summary in your head of where all the rooms are, or really learn how to use the map. Otherwise, you can get screwed.

All in all, it's a great new take on the original.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: One more bloody day!   One more bloody day! EmptySat Jan 26, 2019 1:35 pm

Now beat it again using nothing but red herbs.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: One more bloody day!   One more bloody day! EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 7:32 am

I died once today, because I did not scan a power unit in time to unlock a door. Mr. X is chasing you.

I am in the sewers as Ada, not long after Leon gets shot by Annette.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: One more bloody day!   One more bloody day! EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 10:47 am

Remember, use NOTHING but red herbs. No guns, no bullets, no knives, nothing. Need to fight a zombie? Swat it with a red herb until it dies.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: One more bloody day!   One more bloody day! EmptyMon Jan 28, 2019 7:56 pm

There is actually the option not to use healing items and you get an achievement. It is the hardest one to gain, I think.

My opinion is that this is just like all the recent sequels. It is RE4 in Raccoon City. So I cannot see the remake of people's dreams ever coming true.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: One more bloody day!   One more bloody day! EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 2:29 pm

So, does Jill's boyfriend make a reappearance or is the picture mysteriously absent? Razz
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: One more bloody day!   One more bloody day! EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 10:48 pm

You'll get all that in the remake of 3 - coming next, because it's Capcom! They love milking shit. pig
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: One more bloody day!   One more bloody day! EmptyWed Jan 30, 2019 11:33 am

White Rock wrote:
You'll get all that in the remake of 3 - coming next, because it's Capcom! They love milking shit. pig
I've heard those rumors around the web, but I have yet to find anything that actually corroborates them. Most point to a Facebook post by Capcom about having their own stalker and sharing a picture of Nemesis, but when pressed they said there were no RE3 remake plans.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: One more bloody day!   One more bloody day! EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 5:15 am

RE8 rumours are circulating that it's about the creators of Eveline being exposed on a secret island.

https://screenrant.com/resident-evil-8-rumors-details-hook-man/

I'm half for a RE3 remake and half not for it. I don't care about non canonical games, to be honest...

With that said, I can see why a lot of fanboys would want to hear Nemesis roaring STARS and in full HD.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: One more bloody day!   One more bloody day! EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 10:15 pm

White Rock wrote:
I'm half for a RE3 remake and half not for it. I don't care about non canonical games, to be honest...

With that said, I can see why a lot of fanboys would want to hear Nemesis roaring STARS and in full HD.
There wouldn't be any real issue adapting the remakes into canon, since none of the more recent games have ever gone into any super-detailed recaps of events in Raccoon City and most likely never will.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: One more bloody day!   One more bloody day! EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 1:44 am

I have to start this game again, because I'm out of healing items right at the last damn boss. Evil or Very Mad

Also, Super Tyrant? What a laughable name...
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: One more bloody day!   One more bloody day! EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 9:09 pm

Okay, just a little reality check for Capcom: a flashbang grenade going off in a person's mouth, alive or undead, is going to result in blood, brains, and bone fragments spread all over the room, not a mere moment of disorientation. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: One more bloody day!   One more bloody day! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 2:23 am

Well, I believe you need to shoot the grenade. I think the game generally lacks any sense of realism.

In the opening scene, Leon can shoot a zombie in the head once and it goes down for good. In the actual game, not even a shotgun has the capability to do that. And then there's the zombies that are standing behind the gate, that cannot be killed no matter how many times they are shot at. Michael Does Life uploaded some interesting videos to his YouTube channel showing all of these flaws.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: One more bloody day!   One more bloody day! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 8:27 pm

I have shot them, it doesn't change anything. As for zombie headshots, the game would be too easy even on its hardest difficulty setting if they all went down for good with one shot.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: One more bloody day!   One more bloody day! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 5:13 am

They removed the ivy monsters. Now you get man shaped vines. That is...just not the same as the original. :/

Capcom dropped the ball with some aspects of the game, but I will not nitpick everything...
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: One more bloody day!   One more bloody day! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 9:28 am

White Rock wrote:
They removed the ivy monsters. Now you get man shaped vines. That is...just not the same as the original. :/
Those are Ivies, just given a sleeker design. Whether it's better than the original design or not is subjective.

Quote :
Capcom dropped the ball with some aspects of the game, but I will not nitpick everything...
It does leave a bit to be desired. It feels like they went the Twin Snakes route by focusing more on the graphical aspects than properly expanding and enhancing the game world itself like they did with the RE1 remake. I'm particularly annoyed at them cutting out practically the entire opening trek to the police station through the city streets and Kendo's Gunshop from the start of the game.

Something else that bugs me is Leon and Claire acting like lovesick teenagers anytime they interact. Why they thought this was needed or even desired is beyond me. And why do they cross paths less than they did in the original?

Overall, and despite a few more super minor nitpicks not worth going into, I do like the game, but it isn't the remake that RE2 truly deserved and it actually makes me a little weary that Capcom might similarly half ass an RE3 remake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One more bloody day!   One more bloody day! Empty

Back to top Go down

One more bloody day!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Resident Evil :: Resident Evil Discussion-
Jump to: