Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
What has happen?? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
What has happen?? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
What has happen?? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
What has happen?? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
What has happen?? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
What has happen?? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
What has happen?? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
What has happen?? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
What has happen?? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

What has happen??

Go down 
+4
White Rock
PWNERX
Mass Distraction
KobaltZero
8 posters
AuthorMessage
KobaltZero
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
KobaltZero

What has happen?? Empty
PostSubject: What has happen??   What has happen?? EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 4:48 pm

Hey guys, i dont know if you remember me my name was HellStride and Switchmynd when i joined this site over 5 years ago. Its crazy looking at it now. What has happen around here it used to be booming? Hello Mass and Ghost good to see yall again!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

What has happen?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has happen??   What has happen?? EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 7:42 am

Yep, I remember those names. It is a shame that Down decided to abandon this place once and for all...
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

What has happen?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has happen??   What has happen?? EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 6:08 pm

I recall both names!
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

What has happen?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has happen??   What has happen?? EmptyMon Nov 06, 2017 3:32 am

This happened to a lot of online communities I know, that once used to have new posts practically every few minutes of the day. However, I blame Facebook for stealing all the once loyal users of message boards linked to popular websites. Forums are practically dead now, and I know people still like to visit forums, but then if there's not many other visitors, people won't be willing to stay around.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

What has happen?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has happen??   What has happen?? EmptyMon Nov 06, 2017 4:06 am

White Rock wrote:
This happened to a lot of online communities I know, that once used to have new posts practically every few minutes of the day. However, I blame Facebook for stealing all the once loyal users of message boards linked to popular websites. Forums are practically dead now, and I know people still like to visit forums, but then if there's not many other visitors, people won't be willing to stay around.

I haven't been on Facebook for almost two years now, so that's that...
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

What has happen?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has happen??   What has happen?? EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 3:11 am

Forums used to be more popular than Facebook. I myself don't know what is so special about social media. Unlike forums, there is next to no moderation.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

What has happen?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has happen??   What has happen?? EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 2:26 pm

White Rock wrote:
Forums used to be more popular than Facebook. I myself don't know what is so special about social media. Unlike forums, there is next to no moderation.
Probably used as a validation tool for some. For others, it's a way to spread their creations, products, videos, etc.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

What has happen?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has happen??   What has happen?? EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 2:53 am

Yep. But I still think Facebook is drowning the popularity of bulletin board services. This is because people have everything in one place now. Although we should be grateful that forums like this still exist, as most of the popular forums from back in my day have since been closed down. Some fans lost interest or got too busy to run a site.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

What has happen?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has happen??   What has happen?? EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 10:57 am

Yeah, forums always leave a bit of nostaglia for me.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

What has happen?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has happen??   What has happen?? EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 7:16 pm

Nobudy wrote:

Hey pal, welcome back. I'm sure I'd remember you. By the way this is very true. There's this feeling and a huge part of me, the urgency of keep comin' back to this forum is priceless. There were a lot of good memories here. Still I'm glad that somehow the admins are still here. Surely I will go back here once in a while and nothing can stop me. I miss you all.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

What has happen?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has happen??   What has happen?? EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 11:05 pm

I still try posting when I have reason to
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

What has happen?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has happen??   What has happen?? EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 7:50 am

We were still going strong in the lead up to RE7, but last years snafu with the URL/domain. Or whatever that was, kinda killed this place. And its never fully recovered. Sad
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

What has happen?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has happen??   What has happen?? EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 3:44 pm

Not to dampen anyone's spirits or anything, but I'm beginning to wonder if survival horror (as a genre) will be completely dead in a few more years. It's great that we got 7 of course, and some other notable games, but I just think that the genre has slipped down the slope a lot. Since 4 in 2005, I've had my interest depleting a lot. Now that they are nothing like 'the old ones' at all, I just find I lose a lot of interest. They still reference Raccoon City in games like 7 to waken people up. But we all know the series as we knew it, has died a horrible death due to "Action Horror" games and Resident Evil has been reincarnated over and over as inferior products, with Capcom still managing to bounce back somehow. But I don't know. I'm just not as much into it as I was around 15 long years ago.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

What has happen?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has happen??   What has happen?? EmptyTue Mar 06, 2018 9:30 am

Well hopefully REmake 2 will turn it around for the old school fans. Personally REVII was everything i needed in a return to form for the series. But i understand that not everyone saw it that way.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

What has happen?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has happen??   What has happen?? EmptySun Apr 08, 2018 9:10 pm

Well, I hope so too. None of us want to see the series die, because it's like a way of life for some people. Unfortunately, we can all agree that Capcom milks the series with a lot of this unnecessary, churned out crap. If they could stop doing that, things might be okay. Another issue is that I just hate how a game has a great story, that could be followed up on. Rather than doing that, Capcom just makes a sequel eventually that has zero to do with the previous game. So things are a huge mess.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

What has happen?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has happen??   What has happen?? EmptySun Apr 15, 2018 6:46 am

White Rock wrote:
Not to dampen anyone's spirits or anything, but I'm beginning to wonder if survival horror (as a genre) will be completely dead in a few more years. It's great that we got 7 of course, and some other notable games, but I just think that the genre has slipped down the slope a lot. Since 4 in 2005, I've had my interest depleting a lot. Now that they are nothing like 'the old ones' at all, I just find I lose a lot of interest. They still reference Raccoon City in games like 7 to waken people up. But we all know the series as we knew it, has died a horrible death due to "Action Horror" games and Resident Evil has been reincarnated over and over as inferior products, with Capcom still managing to bounce back somehow. But I don't know. I'm just not as much into it as I was around 15 long years ago.

The thing is, genres are like fads and they come and go. Some are very popular for a time and then fade into the sidelines while another, more popular genre takes its place as the current fad. This has happened with a lot of games, mainly the rise and fall of Call of Duty and Battlefield style war FPS games, since they aren't nearly as much talked about or quoted nowadays despite still selling rather well. Then came the zombie survival genre spearheaded by DayZ, then replaced by just plain old survival games like Rust and Ark. Those games are now in the past, too, since the new king of the proverbial hill is the battle royale genre, aka games like PUBG and Fortnite.

Horror games have definitely found a lot more footing in recent years, as the whole genre was almost swept into obscurity numerous times. We can thank games like Amnesia, and popular people who played them and showed them to people, like Pewdiepie, for making the horror genre in general relevant again. I personally don't think survival horror genre is going anywhere soon, as the whole fad at the moment relies on just that, survival. Games like classic RE might not be anywhere near similar to games like Fortnite, but the very core is the same: to survive. This is my personal reasoning for the survival horror genre to stay relevant, even if it might not be the most talked about out there. We are still getting neat new horror games almost daily and RE7 itself went and became Capcom's third best selling initial release of an RE game and 4th best selling initial release in general, just after Street Fighter 2, Resident Evil 6 and Resident Evil 5. This, if anything, means there's hope for the series (and the genre it represents) in the future.

As a side note, if you, personally, aren't into the genre anymore it's not the genre's fault. A genre in itself doesn't really change, all it can do is spawn sub genres. The genre itself might still be going strong even if you didn't much care about it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

What has happen?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has happen??   What has happen?? EmptySun May 27, 2018 2:18 pm

Yeah. So many people are living in the past with RE in general. Always complaining that the graphics are better, but the camera angles aren't right or this, that and the next thing isn't what it used to be in such and such year, and the series is going in a direction it shouldn't be, and blah, blah, blah. What do they expect? Capcom, like any company, has to be in touch with whatever the market has going for it at the moment. Obsessively complaining about Shinji Mikami not being there any more suggests to me that some of these old-school YouTubers just aren't happy.

Of course, that isn't to say people should enjoy it when a series is screwed up in a bad way, but expecting an almost copy and paste format each time a new game is released is too much and Capcom did that for so many games, but yes, when a big change does occur, people still cast up all the negative aspects of doing so. Sometimes change is just necessary and at times, kind of inevitable. In the same way people go on about modern day films and music. Although I can see their point. Because pop music now is so horrendous and Hollywood is just rebooting every franchise under the sun so they can make that quick dollar. However, it is a business just the same.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

What has happen?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has happen??   What has happen?? EmptyFri Sep 14, 2018 1:58 pm

White Rock wrote:
Yeah. So many people are living in the past with RE in general. Always complaining that the graphics are better, but the camera angles aren't right or this, that and the next thing isn't what it used to be in such and such year, and the series is going in a direction it shouldn't be, and blah, blah, blah. What do they expect? Capcom, like any company, has to be in touch with whatever the market has going for it at the moment. Obsessively complaining about Shinji Mikami not being there any more suggests to me that some of these old-school YouTubers just aren't happy.
For me, it just comes down to the fact that the series has evolved into something I really don't enjoy anymore.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

What has happen?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has happen??   What has happen?? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 8:44 am

RebelliousQueen wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

Hey pal, welcome back. I'm sure I'd remember you. By the way this is very true. There's this feeling and a huge part of me, the urgency of keep comin' back to this forum is priceless. There were a lot of good memories here. Still I'm glad that somehow the admins are still here. Surely I will go back here once in a while and nothing can stop me. I miss you all.
The feeling is mutual. Here I am almost a year later thans to that urge to come back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What has happen?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has happen??   What has happen?? Empty

Back to top Go down

What has happen??
Page 1 of 1