Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Pre Remake2 Release? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Pre Remake2 Release? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Pre Remake2 Release? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Pre Remake2 Release? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Pre Remake2 Release? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Pre Remake2 Release? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Pre Remake2 Release? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Pre Remake2 Release? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Pre Remake2 Release? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Pre Remake2 Release?

Go down 
+2
PWNERX
Ssplain
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

Pre Remake2 Release? Empty
PostSubject: Pre Remake2 Release?   Pre Remake2 Release? EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 4:50 pm

Capcom has started a trend with their remastered releases as of late (be it knowing or unknowing of them). Before each remaster release we have had another feature spotlighting one of the characters that are to appear in the game.

[*]Before the release of the REmake remaster we got Revelations 2. This game spotlighted Barry Burton who is character from REmake.
[*]Before the release of RE0 Remastered there was a live play spotlighting Rebecca Chambers who is the protagonist of RE0.

With REmake 2 coming in the near future do you think we will have some form of release spotlighting one of the characters from within the game? If so what kind of release would you enjoy seeing the most? A game, a CGI movie, or maybe a book?

Finally, which character from the game would you like to see?
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Pre Remake2 Release?   Pre Remake2 Release? EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 7:06 pm

We're already getting a CGI movie with Leon and Chris.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Pre Remake2 Release?   Pre Remake2 Release? EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 11:33 pm

I think it's just coincidence.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Pre Remake2 Release?   Pre Remake2 Release? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 9:14 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
I think it's just coincidence.

Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Pre Remake2 Release?   Pre Remake2 Release? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 11:35 am

It very well could be coincedental. IMO I think it was a marketing and sales strategy. We had not seen Barry or Rebecca in a title in over a decade (excluding mercenaries of course). Both of them appeared in another release almost simultaneously with the release of their remastered appearance.

If we are getting a CGI movie with Leon, then again this trend would be continued, be it coincedental or not. I think it is a great method to give newer fans a better connection to older characters before playing the remastered titles.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Pre Remake2 Release?   Pre Remake2 Release? EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 1:08 am

Last year around TGS, I was hopeful for Revelations 3 news, giving that the other ones were out 3 years apart. As much as these games are great for bringing back long forgotten characters, they ended the last two Revelations games with hints of sequels. So I think in all honesty, that I want to see them more.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Pre Remake2 Release?   Pre Remake2 Release? EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 2:37 pm

I'm still waiting on REmake 2 news
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Pre Remake2 Release?   Pre Remake2 Release? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 1:05 am

Same here, although I do feel that it's going to be so unfaithful to the original game. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Pre Remake2 Release?   Pre Remake2 Release? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 3:53 am

You know, I've been thinking about game remakes as of late, since they are what companies at the moment are doing. Should it really matter if a remake is not super faithful to the original? I mean, sure, it'd be fantastic if they were, but in the end if you want to play the original, you can always go back to it. If the remake deviates from the original but is good nonetheless, then that's great. If it sucks anyway, then people will forget it and it will fade into obscurity like the remake of Survivor. Didn't know there was a remake of that? That's because it sucked super bad and was forgotten by just about everyone ever.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Pre Remake2 Release?   Pre Remake2 Release? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 2:18 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
You know, I've been thinking about game remakes as of late, since they are what companies at the moment are doing. Should it really matter if a remake is not super faithful to the original? I mean, sure, it'd be fantastic if they were, but in the end if you want to play the original, you can always go back to it. If the remake deviates from the original but is good nonetheless, then that's great. If it sucks anyway, then people will forget it and it will fade into obscurity like the remake of Survivor. Didn't know there was a remake of that? That's because it sucked super bad and was forgotten by just about everyone ever.

Whoa whoa whoa, back up. By Survivor, do you mean Resident Evil Survivor, or the TV series?
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Pre Remake2 Release?   Pre Remake2 Release? EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 9:18 am

News could be imminent. E3 isn't that far off, after all.

Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Pre Remake2 Release?   Pre Remake2 Release? EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 10:26 am

Oh boy, hope something actually happens...
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Pre Remake2 Release?   Pre Remake2 Release? EmptyWed May 02, 2018 3:37 am

PWNERX wrote:
Whoa whoa whoa, back up. By Survivor, do you mean Resident Evil Survivor, or the TV series?

The game Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Pre Remake2 Release?   Pre Remake2 Release? EmptyWed May 02, 2018 7:13 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

The game Very Happy

Research tells me that a fan-made remake in the style of the PSX trilogy is in the works, but doesn't tell me that a Survivor remake was ever a thing otherwise.

EXPLAIN THYSELF
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Pre Remake2 Release?   Pre Remake2 Release? EmptyThu May 03, 2018 6:14 am

PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

The game Very Happy

Research tells me that a fan-made remake in the style of the PSX trilogy is in the works, but doesn't tell me that a Survivor remake was ever a thing otherwise.

EXPLAIN THYSELF

There was a remake for the PC with mouse control for aiming. It used very similar looking assets as the PS1 game but it was actually built from scratch to allow the whole mouse aiming and other PC controls, with a completely new engine. Sadly enough, rebuilding the game didn't go too well and it was riddled with bugs and glitches. The game was only released in China and the planned international release was cancelled due to poor reception and, well, the game being complete shite and nigh unplayable. Since back in those days official patches for games weren't as prevalent as today, even on PC, the game was left on its testing grounds and never released internationally. To this day the Chinese PC remake is quite possibly the rarest official Resident Evil game. Trust me, I've tried to find one for years and haven't even been able to find a working rip of the game.

I actually didn't know about a fan remake, sounds awesome.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Pre Remake2 Release?   Pre Remake2 Release? EmptyThu May 03, 2018 3:09 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

The game Very Happy

EXPLAIN THYSELF

There was a remake for the PC with mouse control for aiming. It used very similar looking assets as the PS1 game but it was actually built from scratch to allow the whole mouse aiming and other PC controls, with a completely new engine. Sadly enough, rebuilding the game didn't go too well and it was riddled with bugs and glitches. The game was only released in China and the planned international release was cancelled due to poor reception and, well, the game being complete shite and nigh unplayable. Since back in those days official patches for games weren't as prevalent as today, even on PC, the game was left on its testing grounds and never released internationally. To this day the Chinese PC remake is quite possibly the rarest official Resident Evil game. Trust me, I've tried to find one for years and haven't even been able to find a working rip of the game.

I actually didn't know about a fan remake, sounds awesome.

Well then, that's interesting.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Pre Remake2 Release?   Pre Remake2 Release? EmptyWed May 09, 2018 6:24 pm

I have a question. An honest answer would be appreciated.

If this ends up being a total failure for whatever reason, will you definitely stop being a fan or will you shrug it off because it is a remake and still support Capcom?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Pre Remake2 Release?   Pre Remake2 Release? EmptySat May 12, 2018 1:20 am

Why would one terrible release make me not be a fan? I can't expect everything they push out to be gold. I mean, we've had the travesty of Operation Raccoon City's marketing with all its lies and technically having to buy the game twice to get the whole story (though most of the blame goes to Slant Six), we have had the utter failure that was Umbrella Corps and we have had games like Survivor 2, Resident Evil 2 on the Game.Com and some of the worst mobile games on the market with Missions et cetera. I didn't even like Darkside Chronicles or Code: Veronica. If they drop the ball with one remake I think at this point I would be able to move on from that. It's not like I would just give up on a franchise I have wasted so much money and time on.

Just as a disclaimer, of course I'd be pissed if they messed this up. I have been pissed at this series before. I just don't think it could ever be so bad it would make me give up on 20 years of good memories.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre Remake2 Release?   Pre Remake2 Release? Empty

Back to top Go down

Pre Remake2 Release?
Page 1 of 1