Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Any flight game players? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Any flight game players? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Any flight game players? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Any flight game players? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Any flight game players? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Any flight game players? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Any flight game players? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Any flight game players? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Any flight game players? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Any flight game players?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Any flight game players? Empty
PostSubject: Any flight game players?   Any flight game players? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 6:41 am

Are there any other flight game (either full sim or arcade) players here?

I've played most Ace Combat games since AC04 and the earliest flight games I remember playing was the Strike series and MiG-29 Fulcrum back in the days of the Sega Channel. Another one I got some time after SC's discontinuation was called F-117 Night Storm with a story mode spanning the F-117 Night Hawk stealth fighter-bomber's service career from testing in the 80s to Operation: Desert Storm.

More recently I've played the PS1 games Soviet and Nuclear Strike (the former only on PS3, but I had the latter on PS1) and Apache Air Assault. Right now, my favorite would have to be Tom Clancy's HAWX due to it having a number of aircraft not commonly featured in flight games.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Any flight game players?   Any flight game players? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 8:36 am

Pilotwings ftw.

Now srsly, I played a lot of the ps1 and ps2 era of ace combat. Tried the new "free to play" on ps3 too, felt nice but that microtransaction shit made me quit.

I used to rent Desert Strike for genesis a lot as a kid, and 1942 on famicom was very addicting.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Any flight game players?   Any flight game players? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 8:37 am

I don't have a thing for Flight Games, but I did buy a Wingman Flight Stick at a yard sale.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Any flight game players?   Any flight game players? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 9:50 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Now srsly, I played a lot of the ps1 and ps2 era of ace combat.
I played Ace Combat 3 on PS1, but my copy was unfortunately bugged and would always freeze after completing the first mission, so I could never advance through it. I played the shit out of AC04, though. AC5 is probably my favorite of the entire series because I felt it had both the best story and best roster of aircraft. ACZ was okay and I enjoyed it, but not as much as 5. I rented 6, but never bought it due to my 360 RRoDing and never delved very deeply into it. I have Assault Horizon as well, but despite the new features like helicopters, bombers, and gunships, I'm not too thrilled with it because of the real world setting. I prefer the Strangereal setting.

Quote :
Tried the new "free to play" on ps3 too, felt nice but that microtransaction shit made me quit.
Yeah, that part didn't appeal to me either. I fail to understand how it can be called "free to play" when you have to buy "fuel" to actually play it. More like "free to acquire, pay to play", IMO. That, and I generally prefer single player modes in games over the free-for-alls that make up multi-player these days.

Quote :
I used to rent Desert Strike for genesis a lot as a kid
I remember Desert Strike, yeah. Urban Strike was actually the first of the Strike games I played, though. Not that its expanded amount of missions or pilotable vehicles fostered any dislike or disappointment for Desert, as I had great fun with it. The Strike series is one of a few I'd really like to see revived.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Any flight game players?   Any flight game players? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 2:26 pm

No love for pilotwings?......ok
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Any flight game players?   Any flight game players? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 11:48 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
I thought by "now srsly" that that was a joke? I've never actually heard of a game called that.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Any flight game players?   Any flight game players? EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 12:00 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
I thought by "now srsly" that that was a joke? I've never actually heard of a game called that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilotwings_(series)

Nuff said. Been around since the SNES days.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Any flight game players?   Any flight game players? EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 6:40 am

PWNERX wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilotwings_(series)

Nuff said. Been around since the SNES days.
Never heard of it. It's really not my thing anyway, I prefer combat-based flight games.

On another note, I do vaguely remember playing Top Gun: The Second Mission on NES.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Any flight game players?   Any flight game players? EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 7:16 am

I prefer SHMUPs myself Razz

I think the only "realistic" flying games I've ever played are F-15 Strike Eagle for the NES and Wings for Amiga, both of which I happen to own.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Any flight game players?   Any flight game players? EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 11:03 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:

is very fun, but since is cartoony and nintendo-like feel it isn't considering an actual flight game. There's a N64 version but I've never played it.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Any flight game players?   Any flight game players? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 3:09 pm

Teh_Spike used to play the dogfights in SW Battlefront II.

Otherwise, usually acts such as flying or swimming in games are usually pretty atrocious. Mainly the controls.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Any flight game players?   Any flight game players? EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 6:04 pm

MSR wrote:
Otherwise, usually acts such as flying or swimming in games are usually pretty atrocious. Mainly the controls.
No, not "usually". Very rarely, I'd say. They just take a little getting used to since the sensitivity and timing will be different between games.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Any flight game players?   Any flight game players? EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 7:44 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
MSR wrote:
No, not "usually". Very rarely, I'd say. They just take a little getting used to since the sensitivity and timing will be different between games.

No, not "very rarely". Teh Spike says, quite often. Quite often the controls are inverted, among other things and just hard to work with. You wanna swim? Play Echo The Dolphin.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Any flight game players?   Any flight game players? EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 2:19 am

Controls inverted? Like, when a game has a flying/swimming stage? I've never had that happen.

I do agree, swimming levels (or water levels in general) are usually the most annoying ones. Flight levels, on the other hand, I tend to enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Any flight game players?   Any flight game players? EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 7:48 am

MSR wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
MSR wrote:

No, not "very rarely". Teh Spike says, quite often. Quite often the controls are inverted, among other things and just hard to work with. You wanna swim? Play Echo The Dolphin.
Inverted? What do you mean?
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Any flight game players?   Any flight game players? EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 8:18 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
MSR wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
MSR wrote:

Inverted? What do you mean?

Inverted controls in a flying/swimming level and/or a N64 FPS or FPA (First Person Adventure) means pressing down goes up, and vice-versa.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Any flight game players?   Any flight game players? EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 12:31 pm

Funny thing, I just finished playing a weirdo flight game on PS2 where there was a tank level and in that one the controls were inverted, not in the actual flight missions.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Any flight game players?   Any flight game players? EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 12:34 pm

There is an option to invert the aimng in RE4.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Any flight game players?   Any flight game players? EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 2:08 pm

There is an option to invert aiming in almost every single shooter out there. Your point?
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Any flight game players?   Any flight game players? EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 2:50 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Your point?

RE4 was the first RE to implement the option to have inverted aiming, and even to this day is still one of the few games in the series with this option. Teh Spike doesn't care about other shooters.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Any flight game players?   Any flight game players? EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 3:40 pm

MSR wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Your point?

RE4 was the first RE to implement the option to have inverted aiming, and even to this day is still one of the few games in the series with this option. Teh Spike doesn't care about other shooters.

I still fail to see your point. That has nothing to do with flying games or the inversion of controls changing during gameplay whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Any flight game players?   Any flight game players? EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 7:59 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
MSR wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Your point?

I still fail to see your point.

That sounds like a personal problem.

Quote :
That has nothing to do with flying games or the inversion of controls changing during gameplay whatsoever.

Teh_Spike says it's relevant in the sense that we're talking about controls. Furthermore, we're defining and discussing what invert is in gameplay. And Teh Spike gave a prime example of inverted controls in the RE series, because maybe not everyone knew about that. Still confused? Teh Spike can only simplify this and spell it out so much.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Any flight game players?   Any flight game players? EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 11:01 pm

I play with inverted up/down controls in any game with the option, not just shooters or flight sims. I find it to be more natural based on the direction that a vertebrate's head moves when looking up or down. They tilt their head forward to look down, whereas they tilt it back to look up. Translated to a D pad or analogue stick, forward = up and back = down.

And besides, that's what you do when actually flying an airplane. Push the stick or yolk forward to descend and pull it back to ascend.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Any flight game players?   Any flight game players? EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 11:13 am

Fair enough. To each their own. Teh Spike can sometimes do inverted controls, just depends on the game. For instance games where you control a camera to view something, I.e. Trophies, figurines, etc. in games like Smash Bros or RE5 Teh Spike finds feasible. Really though, you can get used to anything with time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any flight game players?   Any flight game players? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any flight game players?
Page 1 of 1