Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Roleplaying Guidebook EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Roleplaying Guidebook EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Roleplaying Guidebook EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Roleplaying Guidebook EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Roleplaying Guidebook EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Roleplaying Guidebook EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Roleplaying Guidebook EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Roleplaying Guidebook EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Roleplaying Guidebook EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Roleplaying Guidebook

Go down 
+5
Lukong
PWNERX
MSR
ThriftyNovistador
Ssplain
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Roleplaying Guidebook Empty
PostSubject: Roleplaying Guidebook   Roleplaying Guidebook EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 2:32 pm

What is Roleplaying?
Imagine interactive storytelling through posts on the forums; the best way to describe it is Group Effort FanFiction. A single member (known as the Game Master or GM) sets the stage for members of the community come to post in a thread that makes up a cohesive story that everyone gets to take part of.

How does one Roleplay?
Each player interacts with one another in either conversation, team work, or combat in order to achieve a goal set by the GM. Each member is required to read every post in order to keep continuity, and properly respond to each member when being posted at.

Why Roleplay?
Create your own characters and interact with canonical characters,  or play as main series characters themselves. The choice is yours; you want to see Chris and Jill finally close the deal? Or if you want, make Chris go after Leon? Or perhaps you want to chase Chris' tail. The choice is yours.

Choosing a Character
As mentioned before, you can either create your own character or play a canon character from the Resident Evil series. In each roleplay that you participate in, you're required to make a character sheet for each character you play.

Below are examples of character sheets of original characters.

Good Character Sheets of Original Characters:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Bad Character Sheets of Original Characters:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Examples of Canon Characters Sheets:

The Dark Knight:

Roman Sionis:

Post questions and I'll do my best to answer them. If this is something you guys would be into, I'll dedicate my time to help out the roleplaying community here.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Guidebook   Roleplaying Guidebook EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 3:39 am

I don't even have to read this to know how it works.

Because this isn't the first time.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Guidebook   Roleplaying Guidebook EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 6:31 am

Ah, not your first rodeo? Good stuff, though it would be good to look over character sheets. Once we have several people involved, we'll have a create your own story roleplay around here. I'm thinking it could be as simple as Raccoon City survivors.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Guidebook   Roleplaying Guidebook EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 1:12 pm

I've RPed before as well, although I think I've since outgrown the practice.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Guidebook   Roleplaying Guidebook EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 4:47 pm

Could be fun. I have never RP'ed outside of the gaming world. If this happens I will keep an eye on it to see what it is like. I will probably join in after some observation.

If enough people do get involved this could be a fun ongoing community event. Maybe even pre-made canon character sheets that people can print for easy access if they are new?
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Guidebook   Roleplaying Guidebook EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 6:36 pm

Hmmm. Whose the dungeon master? And GL you're never too old for RPing!!!
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Guidebook   Roleplaying Guidebook EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 6:56 am

Ssplain wrote:
Could be fun. I have never RP'ed outside of the gaming world. If this happens I will keep an eye on it to see what it is like. I will probably join in after some observation.

If enough people do get involved this could be a fun ongoing community event. Maybe even pre-made canon character sheets that people can print for easy access if they are new?
Yeah, I figured it would be a decent forum-wide event members could just all partake in. I suppose I'll be making the character sheets of canon characters for others to use, I'm not sure about printing out a sheet though. I've never done that before. I don't plan on using dice or a board.

I also thought it would be best for the first Raccoon City RP to only be original characters, so no one would feel the pressure of having to be completely accurate with the characters, and the GM could just control any canon characters that members interact with.

MSR wrote:
Hmmm. Whose the dungeon master? And GL you're never too old for RPing!!!

I'll be GMing this first RP, but I'm sure as others continue different RPs, different people can GM their own.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Guidebook   Roleplaying Guidebook EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 11:53 am

I kinda would like to make a custom character. I can draw a picture and everything
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Guidebook   Roleplaying Guidebook EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 12:12 pm

MSR wrote:
I kinda would like to make a custom character. I can draw a picture and everything
Feel free to do that, be sure to take a look at the examples of character sheets of good and bad original characters.

I'll be posting a thread for Raccoon City RP soon, where members can post their character sheets to join the RP.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Guidebook   Roleplaying Guidebook EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 4:48 pm

MSR wrote:
And GL you're never too old for RPing!!!
Maybe, but in my writing I generally put more emphasis on human interaction rather than long internal monologues like most RP posts consist of, which sometimes rubs people the wrong way. Don't get me wrong, RPing is definitely fun, but my writing style has come to be incompatible with it.

I would link to a sample of my RPing, but it's on another RE site and that's against the rules (stupid rule if you ask me, but Down's the CiC who makes the rules and I respect that).
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Guidebook   Roleplaying Guidebook EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 10:44 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
MSR wrote:
And GL you're never too old for RPing!!!
Maybe, but in my writing I generally put more emphasis on human interaction rather than long internal monologues like most RP posts consist of, which sometimes rubs people the wrong way. Don't get me wrong, RPing is definitely fun, but my writing style has come to be incompatible with it.

I would link to a sample of my RPing, but it's on another RE site and that's against the rules (stupid rule if you ask me, but Down's the CiC who makes the rules and I respect that).

I wouldnt mind RP the way you described at all. Interaction as in dialogue?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Guidebook   Roleplaying Guidebook EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 8:09 am

Well, you can post a sample of how you do things. This is how I RP when it's one on one, I don't think there's generally any internal monologue, though I'm sure some players do that. This seems to be more of a conversation.

Spoiler:

And here's a bit from an RP where I had several interactions with multiple players, as you can see, it's mainly player interactions as you explained.

Spoiler:

I'd like to see a copy/paste of what your RP is like. My point is, I've never really monologued an RP before, I do care more about member interaction than a character going off in the world and doing their own thing. I'd prefer the members sticking together so I can GM everyone at the same time instead of having to post separately for a single member as well as the others in the group.
Back to top Go down
ThriftyNovistador
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
ThriftyNovistador

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Guidebook   Roleplaying Guidebook EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 6:57 pm

Here's an RP sample I did awhile back! It's a bit long winded but it's a favorite of mine:

RP Sample:
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Guidebook   Roleplaying Guidebook EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 9:16 pm

Here's an excerpt from one of mine. My character was Nova (yeah, lame, I know), the others are NPCs and one other member character. Now mind you it's a cut-and-paste from 2008 and my writing has improved significantly since then, so if you judge me, I'll ban you. Razz

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Guidebook   Roleplaying Guidebook EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 11:54 pm

Ahahaha thats great stuff guys. When does it begin? Hows this all gonna work. btw Teh Spike is only gonna do it if Ghost does it.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Guidebook   Roleplaying Guidebook EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 12:02 am

@Ghost: Honestly, it doesn't look different from the way I roleplay with my other DC friends. I've seen the roleplays here before I wiped them out... they were pretty attrocious, so the way you do it is the same format I'll be conducting my roleplays.

@Spike: Once we have a decent enough group. If both of you join, I'll be happy to start it up right away. If Ssplain decideds to throw his hat in the ring, we could wait for him too.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Guidebook   Roleplaying Guidebook EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 5:12 pm

I already have my character waiting and ready for RPing.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Guidebook   Roleplaying Guidebook EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 2:13 pm

Teh Spike's character will be ready by tomorrow. Later today at the earliest, though.

Leave it to RP to bring everyone together. Funny how it works when everyone's pretending to be someone else!

Ssplain should def get in on this RP action too, naw mean?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Guidebook   Roleplaying Guidebook EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 5:59 pm

Hope so, more the merrier. I just figured it might bring us together, and liven up the community more... which is what I was aiming for.
Back to top Go down
Lukong
Cerberus
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Guidebook   Roleplaying Guidebook EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 10:42 pm

So were suppose to make a character...I did something like this a long time ago (Power was to use Matter & Energy w/Scienfic Moves like Composite, Ionic)...Adapted to REverse

“...”

Name: Piers Nivans
Alias: N/A (C-Virus)
Height: 178 cm (5 ft 10 in) (Depends on Form)
Weight: 67 kg (147 lb) (Depends on Form)
Hair: Faux Hawk
Skin: Harden/Jagged Green Flesh with Red Cracks, with Yellow Mustard slime mostly on Right side
Eyes: Right is is Cloudy & has jumping Gray Sparks inside and Left is normal
Alignment: Dead
Affiliations: High-Ranking BSAA Officer, Top-Ranking BSAA Sniper, Sub-Captain of Alpha Team
Attire: Torn BSAA Uniform

Race: C-Virus User

Odd Feature: Starts off with no memory at the bottom of an ocean using pieces of Haos (Credits to Wiki) to stay alive

Abilities
- Toaster: Boil Lifeforms with Electrical current (Higher Liquid Percentage = Higher Damage...Revelation Enemies)
- Reptile Skin: Cause Yellow Mustard slime to form a Battery Acid Gas
- Circuit: Use electric current to hack computers and security systems (Kinda makes him a Watchdog)
- Fuse Blow: Release an enormous electrical charge cause Lifeforms to perma-stun (Ending)
- Spinal Zap: Hit specific points of body to paralyze it (Credits to Wiki)
- Haos Form: Turn into a jelly crystal body (Visible Parasite & Bones) causing every touch to deliver a devastating shock that eats it's target, but form can be puddle or humanoid form can move fast

Weaknesses
- Lack of Liquids or Currents
- Shooting at Parasite while in Haos Form (Cause the Parasite acts as Brain)

Origin
- Work along side Chris Redfield, but during a mission to rescue Sherry Birkin and Jake Muller (Wesker's Son) died in action saving Chris Redfield from a Haos
- Cause the Parasite has taken over his Organs (Heart, Brain, Lungs, etc) he can not remember or needs to live like a human, but must feed off Liquids or Currents

Last edited by Lukong on Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Guidebook   Roleplaying Guidebook EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 11:04 pm

Are you trying to say I'm a day dreamer just because I can control my dreams?
Back to top Go down
Lukong
Cerberus
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Guidebook   Roleplaying Guidebook EmptySun Jun 14, 2015 11:28 pm

Please Delete

Last edited by Lukong on Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Guidebook   Roleplaying Guidebook EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 8:45 am

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything about it....
(this shits too complicated for me...)
Back to top Go down
Lukong
Cerberus
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Guidebook   Roleplaying Guidebook EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 3:57 pm

Please delete

Last edited by Lukong on Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Guidebook   Roleplaying Guidebook EmptyMon Jun 15, 2015 4:02 pm

Still have no clue what you're talking about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying Guidebook   Roleplaying Guidebook Empty

Back to top Go down

Roleplaying Guidebook
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Resident Evil :: Resident Evil Discussion :: Resident Evil Roleplaying-
Jump to: