HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The resident evil series have turned into action games

Go down 
+8
Ghost Leader
AzureSparkle
Mass Distraction
Ssplain
00biohazard
Valentine Fan
ThomVD
chrisredfielmusculo
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

The resident evil series have turned into action games  Empty
PostSubject: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 10:50 am

sort of recently i had the chance to buy and complete resident evil code veronica x
and it instantly became my favourite resident evil game of all time,i was actually sort of sorry after i completed it since it made me want much more

i am only 18 years old,comparing to some of you that have been following the series for a much longer time than i have
yet i still remembre playing a lot of the old games,and i can pretty much say that the series just arent what they used to be,lets face it the series havent been about survival horror since post resident evil 4(spoiler alert!)
wich might not be exactly a bad thing since it keeped the series alive

i know,this subject has been beaten to death countless times and it oftentimes ends with people getting mad at each other(usually old fans vs "recent fans") but i really want to hear what some of you guys think about this,mostly how the series have evolved over the years turning into what they are now

and i actually like resident evil 4 and resident evil 5,mostly because i have always found the gameplay of both games very adictive

heres the residente evil series over the years

resident evil 1
The resident evil series have turned into action games  Resident-evil-deadly-silence-20051103064205477

resident evil 2

The resident evil series have turned into action games  Th?&id=HN.608005964657525449&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1

residente evil 3

The resident evil series have turned into action games  Th?&id=HN.608002429904160496&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1

code veronica x

The resident evil series have turned into action games  Th?&id=HN.608025657081990463&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1

resident evil 4

The resident evil series have turned into action games  Th?&id=HN.607998143512772766&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1

resident evil 5

The resident evil series have turned into action games  9k=

resident evil 5 gold edition

The resident evil series have turned into action games  Th?&id=HN.608018733592873904&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1

resident evil 6

The resident evil series have turned into action games  2Q==
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 11:40 am

Chris <3 Oh my god, you are back!!! I love you bro, no homo.

I prefer older RE games because I found them more immersive, and I liked the puzzle based gameplay. RE4 is one of my favourite games though, but for very different reasons. I liked 5 but 6 was really bland.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 11:47 am

I prefer the older ones because the atmosphere is just incredible. The music, the way the mansion is in the RE1/Remake, the way the entire city feels in RE2/RE3, it's all utterly amazing.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 11:49 am

Valentine Fan wrote:
I prefer the older ones because the atmosphere is just incredible. The music, the way the mansion is in the RE1/Remake, the way the entire city feels in RE2/RE3, it's all utterly amazing.

you have to play code veronica x
its really good believe me, and i know exactly what you mean
the old games so immersive
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 11:58 am

'sup. Logged in 'cause of reasons. RER2 cutscenes look ps2. That is all
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 12:04 pm

00biohazard wrote:
'sup. Logged in 'cause of reasons. RER2 cutscenes look ps2. That is all

10/10 made me laugh
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 12:19 pm

chrisredfielmusculo wrote:
Valentine Fan wrote:

you have to play code veronica x
its really good believe me, and i know exactly what you mean
the old games so  immersive

I have Smile I've played every 'main' series game. Atmosphere in that game is amazing as well
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 1:32 pm

I prefer the old games any day, but am over all a fan of Resident Evil. I will play any game no matter which type of game play it presents but will always prefer the classic styles. Revelations was fantastic and my favorite modern title by a long shot. I think this is majorly due to Capcom working with the limits of the 3ds. When the game was ported it felt much like an older title due to these limitations and I think it over all made for a better title.

The old titles worked around these limitations building suspense through atmosphere and the unknown. The newer titles build suspense because you know you are about to be swarmed by enemies at any given moment and have to be quick on your feet (or hands).

I have enjoyed everything from Gaiden to Re6 and I am sure I will enjoy all future titles regardless of their play style.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 1:39 pm

I also started playing Code Veronica recently. I don't like it. Quite possibly my least favorite out of the games in the series that actually work, meaning there are not many games below it on my list. I find it fun up until the Ashford mansion on Rockfort, after which it becomes a tedious fetch quest with terrible "puzzles". It starts getting kinda okay again after you get to the Antarctic base with Chris but still, not enough to save it for me.

I like both the old games and new ones equally as all of them have a certain charm to them and the changing gameplay from one story to another prevents them from repeating themselves. There are only a few exceptions when I found myself not really liking the game I was playing, CV being one of them. Sorry CV fans but I find the game to be quite poop.

Still, I'm equally excited for RER2 and REHD. I liked the first Revelations and I've played through the original RE more times than I can remember so I'm quite certain I'm in for some good entertainment.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 1:45 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I also started playing Code Veronica recently. I don't like it. Quite possibly my least favorite out of the games in the series that actually work, meaning there are not many games below it on my list. I find it fun up until the Ashford mansion on Rockfort, after which it becomes a tedious fetch quest with terrible "puzzles". It starts getting kinda okay again after you get to the Antarctic base with Chris but still, not enough to save it for me.

I like both the old games and new ones equally as all of them have a certain charm to them and the changing gameplay from one story to another prevents them from repeating themselves. There are only a few exceptions when I found myself not really liking the game I was playing, CV being one of them. Sorry CV fans but I find the game to be quite poop.

Still, I'm equally excited for RER2 and REHD. I liked the first Revelations and I've played through the original RE more times than I can remember so I'm quite certain I'm in for some good entertainment.

aldo i like code veronica i completly get it
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 1:51 pm

I actually really liked Code Veronica. I loved the atmosphere's, the new monsters and the returning characters. The one thing I didn't like about the game was the Veronica virus itself. I think I ranted on the forums about it somewhere before.. but Alexia being able to grow the infinitely long tentacle vine things really bugged me.. haha get it.. bugged me? nevermind...

But really, I thought that was a bit much. Other than some to far-fetched characteristics of that virus I love it.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 1:54 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

it sort of goes on for a litle to long doesnt it?
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 2:25 pm

I loved how cryptic parts of that game were. In fact, the new titles lack cryptic moments like the old games had. The diaries from re1, Brian Irons from re2, re3 in general seemed really dark, CVX had multiple moments like that. The newer titles just don't bring about that sense of darkness IMO. I do miss that.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 3:24 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

Code Veronica? It kinda does, yeah, but that's not my main gripe with the game. RE6 was ridiculously long but I still like it.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 3:51 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Code Veronica? It kinda does, yeah, but that's not my main gripe with the game. RE6 was ridiculously long but I still like it.

whats your grip?
i hated residente evil 6,literally played the whole game thinking the next chapter would be better
finished it and never touched it again

just glad i got it at the time by second hand
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 4:16 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

whats your grip?
i hated residente evil 6,literally played the whole game thinking the next chapter would be better
finished it and never touched it again

just glad i got it at the time by second hand

It feels like I'm just running around doing meaningless tasks, even moreso than in other RE games I've played. Some of the puzzles are booooring (although there are a few good ones) and they just went crazy with the fetching part of RE games with all the emblems and keys and cranks and valves and so on. I love the Hunter design in this game but the enemy placement (especially the hunters) sucks since they fly at you from miles away and from places you can't see, often getting me killed before I can do anything. Don't even get me started on the ridiculous requirements for an A rank.

As for RE6, I've enjoyed it quite a bit. The only thigns I didn't really like were the latter part of Leon's scenario with Simmons and his ridiculous forms, Lepotitsa, the final boss of Chris' campaign, the sudden camera angle changes at certain parts and how Chris' campaign for whatever reason had the least ammo drops. Not my favorite RE but nowhere near my least favorite. An average entry in the series.
Back to top Go down
AzureSparkle
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
AzureSparkle

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 4:57 pm

It is true though, RE is becoming more action like with slippery movement, loose camera, and cover systems...what has it become?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 5:22 pm

AzureSparkle wrote:
It is true though, RE is becoming more action like with slippery movement, loose camera, and cover systems...what has it become?

An action series? I don't mind as long as it works well and is fun to play. At least the Revelations seem to try to stay on the horror side of the series.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 6:21 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
AzureSparkle wrote:

An action series? I don't mind as long as it works well and is fun to play. At least the Revelations seem to try to stay on the horror side of the series.

it started like this

The resident evil series have turned into action games  Th?&id=HN.607994591589368137&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1

now its like this

The resident evil series have turned into action games  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkPy0LFnbrvOTeRSn54LxtBOkEwNBmBTkszCXj5pMTbzgTloES
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 6:28 am

I do agree they need to tone down the melee. Keep it realistic at least. RE4-6 have been a little to far over the top, which each title getting progressively further over the top. I did not care for the slam from Leon in re4 either. I mean, why not just a smooth pistolwhip? It would probably be the most effective melee anyways.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 7:00 am

Ssplain wrote:
I do agree they need to tone down the melee. Keep it realistic at least. RE4-6 have been a little to far over the top, which each title getting progressively further over the top. I did not care for the slam from Leon in re4 either. I mean, why not just a smooth pistolwhip? It would probably be the most effective melee anyways.

honestly i didnt hate the melee in resident evil4,it was just a couple of kicks and throws in specific situations
in resident evil 5 they went a litle further,lots of fun but a litle too much
but in resident evil 6 they over did it,you can pretty much in a literal way beat da living shit of zombies
without even needing to use weapons,i completed the whole leon part barely using guns

btw i still believe that lost in nightmares is literally
exactly what they should have had after re4 in every game

its a perfect blend of everything,the survival horror part is still present(not to the same extent than the old games but still) with a nice touch of action
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 7:23 am

btw i still believe that lost in nightmares is literally
exactly what they should have had after re4 in every game

its a perfect blend of everything,the survival horror part is still present(not to the same extent than the old games but still) with a nice touch of action

I think Resident Evil: Revelations got a lot right. I think if they just improve on that they will have it down going forward. It sells at a higher price than RE6 which would lead one to believe the demand for Revelations is higher. If the demand for a spin off title is higher than a numbered title, that spin off did something right.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 7:49 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
AzureSparkle wrote:

it started like this

The resident evil series have turned into action games  Th?&id=HN.607994591589368137&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1

now its like this

The resident evil series have turned into action games  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkPy0LFnbrvOTeRSn54LxtBOkEwNBmBTkszCXj5pMTbzgTloES

I know, I've played the games. I was just pointing out that they have become action games.

Fixed your double post, by the way Razz
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 4:48 pm

I don't mind the idea of a hand-to-hand combat system in the games, but it should be something a bit more grounded in reality and not so over the top, none of that crap like was shown in RE5 with pro wrestling moves and shit. And it should only be usable against enemies that are too close to use your weapon on.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 4:58 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
I don't mind the idea of a hand-to-hand combat system in the games, but it should be something a bit more grounded in reality and not so over the top, none of that crap like was shown in RE5 with pro wrestling moves and shit. And it should only be usable against enemies that are too close to use your weapon on.

Kind of like the self defense items in Remake? Just remove the use limit and that would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  Empty

Back to top Go down

The resident evil series have turned into action games
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next