HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills Empty
PostSubject: Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills   Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 8:05 am

Since I don't want to start repeating everything that has already been discussed on the site I'm just going to present these in a more news-y way.

Alone in the Dark: Illumination gets announced

A new AitD game, going by the subtitle Illumination, gets announced six years after the less-than-stellar Alone in the Dark released in 2008. With a new developer working on it there's still hope for the upcoming horror game. However, according to the latest trend of having a co-operative multiplayer present in some form, there will be a co-op multiplayer mode available in the game. Make of that what you will, for all we know it has nothing to do with the story and is just an extra mode.

Here's the story synopsis:
"Alone in the Dark brings you to the abandoned town of Lorwich, Virginia. Located near Virginia’s southern border, Lorwich was a flourishing industrial town with a bustling business generated by the local mines. These prosperous days came to an end when a flood devastated the mining facility, leaving behind nothing but destruction in its wake. The disaster forced an immediate evacuation, leaving the town desolate. It has been years since the accident, and the town has long been forgotten.

But the cause of the accident is still a mystery, and years later, nobody dares step foot in the town for fear of what lies there. There have been numerous reports of strange creatures and a dark, brooding fog within the town. Some locals who believe in the supernatural say that there lurks an ever-present force known as The Darkness. The Darkness can reveal itself in many ways, such as fog, apparitions, and creatures. It has cast its spell over Lorwich, enveloping everything in its path. It is up to you to defend the town by fighting back the Forces of Darkness."

That sounds an awful lot like the plot of Silent Hill there, just with a flood instead instead of a fire. Then again, I haven't played any of the previous games so I can't really say if this is a new plot point or not.

The game will feature four main characters, The Hunter (a direct decendant of Edward Carnby), The Witch (great-granddaughter of Emily Hartwood), The Priest (with a whole lot of The Excorcist vibe going on) and The Engineer (not the TF2 kind) and a story that spans four campaigns.

A demo of the game, along with Atari's new horror title Haunted House: Cryptic Graves, will be playable at PAX Prime.

Official website: http://www.aitd.com/

Resident Evil Revelations 2 is a thing

And that is its official name. Last night Capcom sneakily released a teaser trailer for the game on their official YouTube channel that... doesn't really show all that much. It tickles our nostalgia bones by opening with their trademark door opening sequence and having a woman hold a little chalkboard with "itchy tasty" scribbled on it just before the zombies brak out. Yes, zombies. There's also a little hint in the video as to what we're going to be seeing later on: a man with a TerraSave shirt on. Let the Claire rumors commence. More to be revealed at Tokyo Game Show, September 18th-21st, promises Capc(p)om.

Current release schedule is only "early 2015" and the game will be released on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC.

[Source]

[Discussion]

Resident Evil HD

Here's some footage on the upcoming HD remaster of the 2002 remake.

You wouldn't believe how much this is getting shat on by Nintendo elitists and graphics purists in the comments.

Rely on Horror interviewed Yoshiaki Hirabayashi, read the interview [here].

Comparison images. Thanks to 37 Narwhals for finding this.

As per usual, there's now a viral campaign available for the game also: http://game.capcom.com/campaign/biohd/lang.html

Oh yeah, almost forgot. If you want the retail version, the Asian (not Japanese) version will have English voice acting and subtitles. You can pre-order it from Play Asia, free of shipping costs.

[Discussion]

Silent Hills: The Summary

• Teaser and demo for PS4 released.
  • Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro are working on the game with Norman Reedus playing the as of yet unnamed main character.
  • The game is made with the Fox Engine and looks gorgeous.
  • The developers are thinking of giving the player an option between first and third person views, ala Revelations on 3DS.
  • Akira Yamaoka has voiced his interest to create a soundtrack for the game.
  • The solution to the demo's final puzzle is beyond evil.
  • The demo was made to look and work "badly" to confuse players, yet they cracked the impossible final puzzle and revealed it to be a Silent Hill game in a mere 4 hours.
  • The teaser (obviously) isn't an accurate representation of the actual game.
  • Kojima has stated that he wants to make the game as scary as humanly possible, possibly to the point not everyone will be able to finish it.
  • Perhaps jokingly, the team has thought about adding a pair of trousers in the Special Edition because you'll soil yours.
  • Current release schedule is supposedly sometime in 2015 and it will be released at least on PS4. No other system revealed yet.
  • Konami has plans for some form of a presentation for the game at TGS.

I think that wraps up just about everything we know about the game thus far. Knowing Kojima, the blanket will stay firmly on the game for quite some time.

[Discussion]

Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills Silent-Hills-Logo

EDIT: Guillermo del Toro talks about his involvement in Silent Hills.

Recent Evil Within news

Three voice actors for the game were revealed. The game's main character Sebastian Castellanos will be played by Anson Mount (Cullen Bahannon from Hell on Wheels), the secondary main character Juli Kidman by Jennifer Carpenter (Debra Morgan from Dexter) and Jackie Earle Haley (Rorschach, the new Freddy Krueger) as the game's main villain Ruvik. You can see a video of them below.

There will be a season pass available for the game, entailing side stories with Juli and The Keeper.

The game is currently available for pre-order on Steam.

[Discussion]

Overkill's Walking Dead

Now that the final chapter to Walking Dead Season 2 has been released (if you haven't played that yet DO IT NOW) there's going to be a while until we get Season 3, which has already been announced. Of course we'll have the TV show to watch for some of that time but if a game is what you want, a game is what you'll get. Overkill, best known for their Payday series, has announced a co-op zombie romp set within the Walking Dead universe. I just hope it has split-screen.

Spoilerriffic Walking Dead general discussion

Random mobile release plugs

Bioshock and Corpse Party are now available on the iOS.

Five Nights at Freddy's is now available on Android systems. Read Vandal's thread about the game [here].

Don't Starve: Giant Edition is coming to PS Vita as a cross-buy.

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:49 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills   Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 11:58 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
That sounds an awful lot like the plot of Silent Hill there, just with a flood instead instead of a fire. Then again, I haven't played any of the previous games so I can't really say if this is a new plot point or not.

I think it's new, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they're simply being inspired by Centralia, Pennsylvania (despite it 'coincidentally' being set in Virginia, the same state as the SH movie, IIRC). The co-op FPS thing really doesn't inspire confidence to me though.

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills   Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 1:46 am

37 Narwhals wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I think it's new, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they're simply being inspired by Centralia, Pennsylvania (despite it 'coincidentally' being set in Virginia, the same state as the SH movie, IIRC). The co-op FPS thing really doesn't inspire confidence to me though.

The town of Silent Hill is heavily inspired by Centralia, too. Is there any actual proof it'll be an FPS, though? I mean, yes, it's being made by a company named Pure FPS and the teaser is shot from a first person view but is that still any conclusive evidence?
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills   Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 11:11 am

Turns out it is actually third person. This article makes it sound kinda like Alan Wake meets Left 4 Dead.

http://www.gamefront.com/alone-in-the-dark-illumination-preview-less-alone-than-before/
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills   Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:28 am

37 Narwhals wrote:
This article makes it sound kinda like Alan Wake meets Left 4 Dead...

...in Silent Hill.

Not letting that go. In any case, the game sounds pretty fun. Changing environments and item locations, tactical elements, invincible enemies with only one weakness and a full 12 hour single player campaign you use to unlock the multiplayer. I just wish there'd be split-screen co-op for at least two people.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills   Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 11:13 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
...in Silent Hill.

Not letting that go.
Pretty much. I was just saying that the story synopsis is basically "Centralia happened, then monsters showed up" and that's not hard to come up with for anyone who's heard of the town. I never denied that Silent Hill already did the same thing. It's a shame that split-screen isn't common anymore, playing with randoms online doesn't have the same flair.

Also the Silent Hills video was removed by the user.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills   Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 4:50 am

37 Narwhals wrote:
Also the Silent Hills video was removed by the user.
Fixed.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills   Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 9:30 am

I know Silent Hills and RE are recieving a lot of attention but Until Dawn looks interesting. It's pretty much a horror version of Heavy Rain.

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills   Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 9:53 am

Oh yeah, it's that Sony game that claims, along with many others, to "change the horror genre". I think that change part has to do with VR and motion controls but I'm interested nonetheless. At least it'll most likely be a fun small scale horror romp like Daylight and OutLast. I doubt the story is as deep as Heavy Rain though. It is a game version of a slasher flick, after all.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills   Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 9:02 pm

This guy lays everything out perfectly...

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills   Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 4:33 am

That all sounds really cool and interesting but I'm still holding my reservations since there's no saying where a new IP like this is going. Interesting stuff though. The game's been on my buy list for quite some time now.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills   Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 7:57 pm

New trailer for Together in the Light: Darkness

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills   Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills Empty

Back to top Go down

Horror Gaming News, 01/09/14 - Walking Dead, Alone in the Dark & Silent Hills
Page 1 of 1