Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Nobody is playing RE6 anymore

Go down 
+5
Pau Diaz
PAULSAMSON
Mass Distraction
Vandal
VitalSigns
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
VitalSigns
Cerberus
Cerberus
VitalSigns

Nobody is playing RE6 anymore Empty
PostSubject: Nobody is playing RE6 anymore   Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 9:38 am

I went to try to play a mercenaries game, only found a single open game. What happened to everyone? The game hasn't even been out for 2 years yet.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is playing RE6 anymore   Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 9:44 am

It's because the game is bad.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is playing RE6 anymore   Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 10:01 am

Opinions, opinions. There are people who like the game, you know?

I think it has a lot to do with the actual bullcrap of having to buy a majority of the maps.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is playing RE6 anymore   Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 10:02 am

Didn't the game only come with like 3 or 4 maps and then make everything else DLC? On top of that, the game modes were all DLC too. Other games would come with more than one multiplayer option.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is playing RE6 anymore   Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 10:08 am

funny, for co op is always full of people, same with RE5
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is playing RE6 anymore   Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 10:33 am

Vandal wrote:
Didn't the game only come with like 3 or 4 maps and then make everything else DLC? On top of that, the game modes were all DLC too. Other games would come with more than one multiplayer option.
Three maps, yeah. That was reeeeeally a deal breaker for people.

PAULSAMSON wrote:
funny, for co op is always full of people, same with RE5
Yep. More evidence on the underperformance of the minigames in this title.
Back to top Go down
VitalSigns
Cerberus
Cerberus
VitalSigns

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is playing RE6 anymore   Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 10:50 am

Vandal wrote:

Yeah, all 6 maps and the two game modes are a total of $5, on any other game you'd probably be be forking over $20.(I'm looking at you Call of Duty)
Just about every game has DLC now, I'm not sure why people act surprised every time they find out the creators held back content for DLC.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is playing RE6 anymore   Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 11:06 am

VitalSigns wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Yeah, all 6 maps and the two game modes are a total of $5, on any other game you'd probably be be forking over $20.
Just about every game has DLC now, I'm not sure why people act surprised every time they find out the creators held back content for DLC.
It's not that we're surprised, it's the fact that bullshit like that is a norm, and we have the right to complain.

Capcom use to be against DLC because they just didn't know how to utilize it, but once they figured it out they literally abused the crap out of it. A whole chapter of Azura's Wrath was chopped for DLC, characters were already on the disc of MVC3 and Streetfighter X Tekken.

I don't mind DLC like extra story, or other add ons, but when something was clearly supposed to be appart of the game, then I have a problem with that.
Back to top Go down
VitalSigns
Cerberus
Cerberus
VitalSigns

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is playing RE6 anymore   Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 11:28 am

Vandal wrote:

It's not that we're surprised, it's the fact that bullshit like that is a norm, and we have the right to complain.

Capcom use to be against DLC because they just didn't know how to utilize it, but once they figured it out they literally abused the crap out of it. A whole chapter of Azura's Wrath was chopped for DLC, characters were already on the disc of MVC3 and Streetfighter X Tekken.

I don't mind DLC like extra story, or other add ons, but when something was clearly supposed to be appart of the game, then I have a problem with that.

Greedy people gonna greed.

Activision is no stranger to the ol' DLC, and releasing the same game every 6 months and forcing you to either buy it or end up having to play in the ghost town of multiplayer mode that was overflowing with people a week before(ironically they end up all begging Activision to let them buy the maps from the previous game). The fact that Capcom only charged $3 for each set of 3 maps showed they aren't as proficient at ripping off their loyal fans as Activision.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is playing RE6 anymore   Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 12:02 pm

I've had a similar problem. Will try tonight and see if anyone's available to play with.
Back to top Go down
VitalSigns
Cerberus
Cerberus
VitalSigns

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is playing RE6 anymore   Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 4:28 pm

A thought occurred, I believe DLC is the game creators way of protesting used game sales. Since SOPA didn't work, they make everyone buy half the game individually.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is playing RE6 anymore   Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 4:42 pm

Now THAT is evil. We're one step closer to a digital Umbrella. They are slowly becoming what they have had us destroy for years.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is playing RE6 anymore   Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 5:21 pm

I actively took part in helping to make sure SOPA and CISPA died. The purpose of the former and a clause in the latter was to eliminate the fair use policy in copyright law.
Back to top Go down
VitalSigns
Cerberus
Cerberus
VitalSigns

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is playing RE6 anymore   Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 10:46 am

The problem with those is, if I was understanding it right, to use an example: since GM owned the rights to a car design, wouldn't they be able to say they still own the rights to all used cars? "Want to sell a used car? Well, if you pay GM a fee you're free to do it."
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is playing RE6 anymore   Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 10:46 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
I actively took part in helping to make sure SOPA and CISPA died. The purpose of the former and a clause in the latter was to eliminate the fair use policy in copyright law.

Thank you I guess Razz
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is playing RE6 anymore   Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 2:17 pm

VitalSigns wrote:
A thought occurred, I believe DLC is the game creators way of protesting used game sales. Since SOPA didn't work, they make everyone buy half the game individually.
Actually for true game developers who want to get their product out for people to enjoy, they used DLC to help fund their next games. Look at it this way; you just had a huge release, people love your game and buy it. After they finish it, that's normally the end and the consumer moves onto the next product and the cashflow stops. What do you do?

Well seeing as you already have your game complete, come out with worthy content so the consumers will keep sending green your way to help fund the next big project.

Other game developers that pump out a game each year abuse DLC.
Back to top Go down
VitalSigns
Cerberus
Cerberus
VitalSigns

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is playing RE6 anymore   Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 8:46 pm

I just fired up the campaign thinking I would give it another run-through to refresh my memory and holy shit, I completely forgot about the number of QTEs and their resulting cheap deaths.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is playing RE6 anymore   Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 3:35 am

I tried to play Onslaught, Predator, Agent Hunt, but there were no players to be found. Indeed, it does appear that no one is interested in playing RE6 anymore.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is playing RE6 anymore   Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 5:38 am

VitalSigns wrote:
I just fired up the campaign thinking I would give it another run-through to refresh my memory and holy shit, I completely forgot about the number of QTEs and their resulting cheap deaths.

There is an option to turn those off now. It was added in a patch, thankfully.

Pau Diaz wrote:
I tried to play Onslaught, Predator, Agent Hunt, but there were no players to be found. Indeed, it does appear that no one is interested in playing RE6 anymore.

More like no one is interested in playing the DLC modes. It was said on the previous page that campaign players are still plentiful.
Back to top Go down
AzureSparkle
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
AzureSparkle

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is playing RE6 anymore   Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 12:54 pm

Meh I stopped playing a long time ago not even Mercenaries kept me coming back
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is playing RE6 anymore   Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 1:38 pm

AzureSparkle wrote:
Agreed, Mercenaries just wasn't that exciting. Mainly because there were only three maps, the rest you had to pay for.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is playing RE6 anymore   Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 2:19 pm

Vandal wrote:
AzureSparkle wrote:
Agreed, Mercenaries just wasn't that exciting. Mainly because there were only three maps, the rest you had to pay for.
I had all of the maps and it still got old pretty fast. I think the mode felt too constrained in 6. It's pretty easy to kill 150 enemies if you have a good co op partner so I just kept getting S ranks which kept cutting the matches short. RE5 mercs was better IMO.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is playing RE6 anymore   Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 2:24 pm

37 Narwhals wrote:
Vandal wrote:
AzureSparkle wrote:
I had all of the maps and it still got old pretty fast. I think the mode felt too constrained in 6. It's pretty easy to kill 150 enemies if you have a good co op partner so I just kept getting S ranks which kept cutting the matches short. RE5 mercs was better IMO.
Also true, even with a co-op partner, it was tough to even kill all the enemies. In RE6, you could easily get a 150 combo.
Back to top Go down
VitalSigns
Cerberus
Cerberus
VitalSigns

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is playing RE6 anymore   Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 3:06 pm

The same reason mercenaries is bad is the same reason RE6 is so good: the combat system. On one hand it's good during gameplay because you avoid a lot of the cheap deaths you got in RE5 because you couldn't move an aim at the same time. However, when it comes time for mercs you can easily shoot one guy, then do a flying kick on his buddy, then stomp his face and without loss of momentum you deliver a gut punch to a 3rd guy and finish with a bone crunching roundhouse.
You can move fluidly from guy to guy without the pullback from a bad combat system, making those 150 combo chains a breeze.
Though, the fact that there is 20 minutes until the combo times out doesn't help.

I think with only a few changes RE6 could make mercs a challenge again:
1. Reduce the leeway time between combos
2. Get rid of or reduce the number of the orange hour glasses that give you an extra 30-60 seconds
3. Reduce the melee bonus time from 5 seconds to 3.
4. Increase the score required for each rank to a more realistic value

Pretty sure that would toughen up merc mode to where an S rank wasn't a foregone conclusion.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is playing RE6 anymore   Nobody is playing RE6 anymore EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 3:25 pm

For me it's really not the difficulty that pushed me away from RE6 mercs, it's the lack of unlockable stuff. I mean, all of the characters are unlocked through the main campaign, so are the measly two extra stages in addition to the one already unlocked. Then, if you want the extra costumes, you'd have to go to their website to get them. It's just too much of a hassle with little to no reward. I much preferred RE4/5/3D Mercs because they had so much going for them, especially with the stages.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nobody is playing RE6 anymore   Nobody is playing RE6 anymore Empty

Back to top Go down

Nobody is playing RE6 anymore
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next