Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Who/what is Ivy in RE2?

Go down 
+4
Ghost Leader
MSR
PWNERX
zeolite
8 posters
AuthorMessage
zeolite
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
zeolite

Who/what is Ivy in RE2? Empty
PostSubject: Who/what is Ivy in RE2?   Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 11:48 am

I know the licker gets its name from an operation report (by "David Ford" IIRC) saying the police officers have tentatively named the creature the "licker" because of its long piercing tongue. I keep seeing references on this forum and other places to the "ivy" creature(s). By process of elimination I'm thinking it must be the plants in the laboratory that spit acid at you but I can't think of anything in RE2 that gives them the name "ivy". Can anyone help me out here?
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Who/what is Ivy in RE2?   Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 11:50 am

Yes, that. That thing in the labs....or those things in there...they are Ivy's.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
zeolite
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
zeolite

PostSubject: Re: Who/what is Ivy in RE2?   Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 12:02 pm

But where did that name come from? In RE1 you find some slides that can be viewed on a projector that tell you the names of all the creatures developed by Umbrella (Cerberus, Neptune, Tyrant, etc.). I still have no clue where in the game you find out that those things are called ivies.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Who/what is Ivy in RE2?   Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 12:26 pm

zeolite wrote:
I know the licker gets its name from an operation report (by "David Ford" IIRC) saying the police officers have tentatively named the creature the "licker" because of its long piercing tongue. I keep seeing references on this forum and other places to the "ivy" creature(s). By process of elimination I'm thinking it must be the plants in the laboratory that spit acid at you but I can't think of anything in RE2 that gives them the name "ivy". Can anyone help me out here?

I believe in RE2 wasn't it referred to as a "lance-like toungue"? I know I've read both that and "long piercing tongue", but I believe it was different from RE2 to UC's Files.

As for how it was named? Probably named by the Umbrella scientists that created it. I mean, sure, Ivy isn't on the slideshow seen in RE1 under the mansion, and we didn't find a File for it like for Plant 42, but you know what? We also never saw Jake's mother, but we know Wesker got some action from some lady, right? See, he's not gay! Maybe he just didn't really like Excella. And Chris is his nemesis. Anyway, by the same logic, there has to be a slideshow somewhere in the universe of RE that shows Ivies, Chimeras, Giant Moth, El Gigante, etc.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Who/what is Ivy in RE2?   Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 4:56 pm

Officially, Ivy is called Plant 43.

http://www.residentevilumbrella.webs.com/ivyplants.htm

As to where the "Ivy" name came from, I don't recall ever finding anything in the games. The reason they don't appear in the slideshow in RE1 is because they likely hadn't been created yet.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Who/what is Ivy in RE2?   Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 8:14 pm

I think there is a File in Umbrella Chronicles.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Who/what is Ivy in RE2?   Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 12:00 am

There won't be a file in UC Ivy is an unofficial name Plant 43 was given, its real name for all intents and purposes is Plant 43. Its original predecessor was the infamous Plant 42 from the Guardhouse in RE 1. Its updated version the Ivy + YX is encountered in Darkside Chronicles that is all Ivy is, a biped plant BOW that spews acid or wraps you with its vines and poisons you.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Who/what is Ivy in RE2?   Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 4:09 pm

DXP wrote:
poisons you.

Isn't that a different kind of Ivy, though? Like, the ones made stronger by the BOW gas or something. At least I don't remember ever getting poisoned by the regular Ivies.

Darkside Chronicles had files that used the name Ivy, by the way.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Who/what is Ivy in RE2?   Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 6:17 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
DXP wrote:
poisons you.

Isn't that a different kind of Ivy, though? Like, the ones made stronger by the BOW gas or something.
Yeah, the red Ivy. The green ones mutate into them if you release the P-Epsilon gas.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Who/what is Ivy in RE2?   Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 7:58 pm

DXP wrote:
There won't be a file in UC Ivy is an unofficial name Plant 43 was given, its real name for all intents and purposes is Plant 43. Its original predecessor was the infamous Plant 42 from the Guardhouse in RE 1. Its updated version the Ivy + YX is encountered in Darkside Chronicles that is all Ivy is, a biped plant BOW that spews acid or wraps you with its vines and poisons you.

No, I'm pretty sure I read a File about the Ivy in UC.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Who/what is Ivy in RE2?   Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 2:37 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
DXP wrote:
poisons you.

Isn't that a different kind of Ivy, though? Like, the ones made stronger by the BOW gas or something.
Yeah, the red Ivy. The green ones mutate into them if you release the P-Epsilon gas.

Yes, that was the name of the gas. I wasn't sure, despite playing through the game numerous times Razz I don't think I've ever released the gas though, I'd rather deal with instakill lickers than carry blue herbs around.

PWNERX wrote:
DXP wrote:
There won't be a file in UC

I think the file you're talking about was named "Ivy Notes", yes? Just checked on IGN. In addition to that there were at least two files on Ivies in Darkside Chronicles, if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Who/what is Ivy in RE2?   Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 3:50 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
DXP wrote:
poisons you.

Yes, that was the name of the gas. I wasn't sure, despite playing through the game numerous times Razz I don't think I've ever released the gas though, I'd rather deal with instakill lickers than carry blue herbs around.
They really aren't all that much of a threat, you just have to keep out of their range.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Who/what is Ivy in RE2?   Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 7:40 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
DXP wrote:
poisons you.

PWNERX wrote:
DXP wrote:
There won't be a file in UC

I think the file you're talking about was named "Ivy Notes", yes? Just checked on IGN. In addition to that there were at least two files on Ivies in Darkside Chronicles, if I remember correctly.

I was riiiiggghhhhhtttt.....
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Who/what is Ivy in RE2?   Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 10:35 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
DXP wrote:
poisons you.

They really aren't all that much of a threat, you just have to keep out of their range.

Eh, I already hate killing the regular Ivies so I don't want anymore hassle to that. I would have to carry a grenade launcher with flame rounds with me too. I'm much better killing lickers with a shotgun that has way more ammo.

I guess this all comes to the traumatizing moment I was instakilled by an Ivy after not saving at all.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Who/what is Ivy in RE2?   Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 11:02 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

Isn't that a different kind of Ivy, though? Like, the ones made stronger by the BOW gas or something. At least I don't remember ever getting poisoned by the regular Ivies.

Both versions can poison you, as for that file in DSC it doesn't count towards Capcom's original canon. Ivy is a name given too it its not its real code name, Plant 43 is that...of course though when you have the capcon now they love nothing more than retconning shit.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Who/what is Ivy in RE2?   Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 1:54 pm

DXP wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Both versions can poison you, as for that file in DSC it doesn't count towards Capcom's original canon. Ivy is a name given too it its not its real code name, Plant 43 is that...of course though when you have the capcon now they love nothing more than retconning shit.

Retcon or not, it's still canon. Of course it's not a real codename, it's a nickname given to the creature. It's not like the people not working for Umbrella just mysteriously knew the codename or something.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Who/what is Ivy in RE2?   Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 5:53 am

Ivy looks like a humanoid plant. Maybe it's a result of fusing human genes and plant seeds and designing them to adapt to the bipedal environment. Then again, I'm not sure. The fusion of genetic material looks pretty complex to me.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Who/what is Ivy in RE2?   Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 6:08 pm

Pau Diaz wrote:
Ivy looks like a humanoid plant. Maybe it's a result of fusing human genes and plant seeds and designing them to adapt to the bipedal environment. Then again, I'm not sure. The fusion of genetic material looks pretty complex to me.

Well yeah, I'm pretty sure there was a document that described how a handful of scientists went and dug a hole and then planted some plant seeds and a human body in the ground with some T-virus and after awhile an Ivy sprouted.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Who/what is Ivy in RE2?   Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 3:01 am

Spike 4:20 wrote:
Pau Diaz wrote:

Well yeah, I'm pretty sure there was a document that described how a handful of scientists went and dug a hole and then planted some plant seeds and a human body in the ground with some T-virus and after awhile an Ivy sprouted.

Yeah, this sounds very likely. The T-Virus assimilates new genetic material, so it makes sense that the seeds and the the substance of the human body came together to make a new entity. I wish we'd have seen it in action. It would've been great.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Who/what is Ivy in RE2?   Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 2:20 pm

Pau Diaz wrote:
Spike 4:20 wrote:
Pau Diaz wrote:

Yeah, this sounds very likely. The T-Virus assimilates new genetic material, so it makes sense that the seeds and the the substance of the human body came together to make a new entity. I wish we'd have seen it in action. It would've been great.

It's a process they called "Photosynthesis". I don't remember where that File was at. I'll get back to ya on that one. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zeolite
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
zeolite

PostSubject: Re: Who/what is Ivy in RE2?   Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 8:15 am

I always wondered what the P-Epsilon gas did. I assumed it made enemies easier to kill. I can't believe I never noticed that it makes the "Ivy" plants turn red.
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: Who/what is Ivy in RE2?   Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 4:30 pm

P-Epsilon was supposed to destroy the infected in case of an accident. But over time the plants developed antibodies to the gas, so when you activated it, it actually made them more potent and poisonous.
Back to top Go down
zeolite
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
zeolite

PostSubject: Re: Who/what is Ivy in RE2?   Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 5:50 am

Two related questions:

1. Everybody knows the snake in RE1 is called "Yawn" because of the noise it makes. I'm guessing that not canon, it's just a nickname that every RE1 fan in the world seems to know, probably invented in some strategy guide long ago.

2. Why do people refer to Tyrant 103 from RE2 as Mr. X?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Who/what is Ivy in RE2?   Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 6:47 am

zeolite wrote:
Two related questions:

1. Everybody knows the snake in RE1 is called "Yawn" because of the noise it makes. I'm guessing that not canon, it's just a nickname that every RE1 fan in the world seems to know, probably invented in some strategy guide long ago.

2. Why do people refer to Tyrant 103 from RE2 as Mr. X?

1. The name is mentioned in the Japan exclusive Capcom book Inside of Biohazard and later in the files of Umbrella Chronicles, namely the "Yawn Notes". The reason for the naming you mentioned is correct and apparently, according to the book, the name was given by the Arklay Laboratory team.

2. It seems that the name came from the merchandise. For example, the Palisades figure of the character is titled on the box as Mr. X. The name was also used by Claire in the novelization of RE2.
Who/what is Ivy in RE2? Residentevilmrxfigure
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: Who/what is Ivy in RE2?   Who/what is Ivy in RE2? EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 7:28 am

It's not for the noise it makes, it's because it appears to be yawning when it opens its mouth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who/what is Ivy in RE2?   Who/what is Ivy in RE2? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who/what is Ivy in RE2?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Resident Evil :: Resident Evil Discussion :: Main Series-
Jump to: