Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Are There Any Writers Here? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Are There Any Writers Here? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Are There Any Writers Here? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Are There Any Writers Here? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Are There Any Writers Here? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Are There Any Writers Here? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Are There Any Writers Here? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Are There Any Writers Here? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Are There Any Writers Here? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Are There Any Writers Here?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

Are There Any Writers Here? Empty
PostSubject: Are There Any Writers Here?   Are There Any Writers Here? EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 7:43 pm

So I'm currently in the process of writing a book series, and so far all is going well! I was curious if any other members here have a passion for writing? I've read some of the fan fictions here and they're all pretty good.

Out of curiosity, does anyone here hope to become an author one day?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Are There Any Writers Here?   Are There Any Writers Here? EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 11:48 pm

I write, but have no interest in being a published author. Nothing turns something you love into something you hate more than making it an obligation.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Are There Any Writers Here?   Are There Any Writers Here? EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 6:38 am

I like script writing. And at one point, was writing a Killer Instinct script.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Are There Any Writers Here?   Are There Any Writers Here? EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 4:52 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
I write, but have no interest in being a published author. Nothing turns something you love into something you hate more than making it an obligation.

That's great advice! You don't want to turn a hobby into a chore, I guess I don't find writing to be an obligation though.

PWNERX wrote:
I like script writing. And at one point, was writing a Killer Instinct script.

Did you ever finish it? I've tried script writing before, but I found it really confusing.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Are There Any Writers Here?   Are There Any Writers Here? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 12:30 am

I write short stories and turn them into comic pages whenever I get time.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Are There Any Writers Here?   Are There Any Writers Here? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 8:48 am

The Killer Instinct script I have is about halfway finished. It has more character development than the games, but is still accurate to the characters personalities (Orchid is a cunning secret agent, Jago is a quiet and collected shinobi-like monk, TJ is a man who seeks redemption but still has a tough guy attitude, Sabrewulf is a rich German with some pretty severe Bipolar and Lycanthropy issues, Thunder is a Native American who is searching for his missing brother Eagle, Glacius is a somewhat passive prisoner of Ultratech who will do what he is asked to be set free, Cinder is a former prisoner-turned-firespawn who is coaxed by his Ultratech "Therapist" (he cannot deal with the pressures of the transformation alone, which would mean lost money on the experiment) to enter the tournament so that he can hopefully win a cure from the company who refuses to help him any further, Riptor is a very intelligent and genetically engineered Raptor who is angered by some of Ultratech's other creations being more well looked upon, Spinal is an ancient spirit who is forcefully bound to do Ultratech's bidding, Fulgore is a machine that is meant to terminate possible threats to the companies agenda, and Eyedol, who is an ancient warlord released on accident by some end game chaos between Jago and Fulgore.) Simply put, there are also various sub characters as well, like Chris Tilston, who accompanies Thunder, or a Muai Thai fighter (an British Woman named Anna Frost) that is supposed to be a rival for Combo. Also, a lot of these guys die.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Are There Any Writers Here?   Are There Any Writers Here? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 11:49 am

Vandal wrote:
I would love to do comics, but I can't draw. It's cool that you can though!

PWNERX wrote:
The Killer Instinct script I have is about halfway finished. It has more character development than the games, but is still accurate to the characters personalities (Orchid is a cunning secret agent, Jago is a quiet and collected shinobi-like monk, TJ is a man who seeks redemption but still has a tough guy attitude, Sabrewulf is a rich German with some pretty severe Bipolar and Lycanthropy issues, Thunder is a Native American who is searching for his missing brother Eagle, Glacius is a somewhat passive prisoner of Ultratech who will do what he is asked to be set free, Cinder is a former prisoner-turned-firespawn who is coaxed by his Ultratech "Therapist" (he cannot deal with the pressures of the transformation alone, which would mean lost money on the experiment) to enter the tournament so that he can hopefully win a cure from the company who refuses to help him any further, Riptor is a very intelligent and genetically engineered Raptor who is angered by some of Ultratech's other creations being more well looked upon, Spinal is an ancient spirit who is forcefully bound to do Ultratech's bidding, Fulgore is a machine that is meant to terminate possible threats to the companies agenda, and Eyedol, who is an ancient warlord released on accident by some end game chaos between Jago and Fulgore.) Simply put, there are also various sub characters as well, like Chris Tilston, who accompanies Thunder, or a Muai Thai fighter (an British Woman named Anna Frost) that is supposed to be a rival for Combo. Also, a lot of these guys die.
Sounds complex, but that's always the best type of story in my opinion. Are the ideas here an original take on the game or are you just turning the game into a screenplay?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Are There Any Writers Here?   Are There Any Writers Here? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 4:04 am

DampRevil wrote:
That's great advice! You don't want to turn a hobby into a chore, I guess I don't find writing to be an obligation though.
What I mean is, I want to do it because I want to, not because I have to.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Are There Any Writers Here?   Are There Any Writers Here? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 11:34 am

DampRevil wrote:
Vandal wrote:
I would love to do comics, but I can't draw. It's cool that you can though!

PWNERX wrote:
Sounds complex, but that's always the best type of story in my opinion. Are the ideas here an original take on the game or are you just turning the game into a screenplay?

Both, because the original story had very little to offer (unless you actually knew about the comics), and because of the ideas placed in Killer Instinct. A large and powerful corporation holds a tournament at it's own headquarters, and whoever wins gets a grand prize of whatever the victor decides. The battles are no holds barred, and the fighters will do whatever it takes to win. That's a simple premise, right?
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Are There Any Writers Here?   Are There Any Writers Here? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 3:40 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
That's probably the case with most writers though. None of them probably feel like they have to write.

PWNERX wrote:
Both, because the original story had very little to offer (unless you actually knew about the comics), and because of the ideas placed in Killer Instinct. A large and powerful corporation holds a tournament at it's own headquarters, and whoever wins gets a grand prize of whatever the victor decides. The battles are no holds barred, and the fighters will do whatever it takes to win. That's a simple premise, right?
When it's stripped to it's basics, yeah it seems simple! Sometimes, less is more though!
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Are There Any Writers Here?   Are There Any Writers Here? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 4:48 pm

DampRevil wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
That's probably the case with most writers though. None of them probably feel like they have to write.

PWNERX wrote:
When it's stripped to it's basics, yeah it seems simple! Sometimes, less is more though!

I figure that the most I go into in terms of additional story would be the people at Ultratech and how they react with the fights that they monitor. Especially when a fight between Jago and Fulgore gets so out of hand that they inadvertently cause Ultratech's systems to go haywire, making their power core to begin to melt down, causing the VR Rooms to glitch out (why else would you fight on a roof or in TJ's hometown or a Germans own Castle home?) and eventually releasing Eyedol, who massacres the staff of Ultratech, killing the companies CEO, and then chasing down the remaining survivors. Heck, even Riptor kills some employees after being released.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Are There Any Writers Here?   Are There Any Writers Here? EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 5:39 pm

Sounds interesting! Have you made anymore progress on it?
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Are There Any Writers Here?   Are There Any Writers Here? EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 4:36 am

DampRevil wrote:
Sounds interesting! Have you made anymore progress on it?

As of right now, my script is just sitting in a notebook...
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Are There Any Writers Here?   Are There Any Writers Here? EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 3:54 am

Teh Spike isn't a writer, but I do draw comics. Been trying to do more with that whenever I have free time. If you've been around the forums here for a minute, you'd probably get a kick out of my comics. The character I created in the comics is called, "Major Spike".

Teh Spike also appreciate Vandal's art style. Vandal is quite the artist, but he also uses stuff like watercolor and all kinds of other stuff. I only use a mechanical pencil. Teh Spike is picky sometimes.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Are There Any Writers Here?   Are There Any Writers Here? EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 8:25 am

I draw too, but I tend to make "little" mistakes, and then have to start all over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are There Any Writers Here?   Are There Any Writers Here? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are There Any Writers Here?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Others :: Off Topic :: Literature-
Jump to: