Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 1 Beta EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 1 Beta EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 1 Beta EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 1 Beta EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 1 Beta EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 1 Beta EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 1 Beta EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 1 Beta EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 1 Beta EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 1 Beta

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TwistedThrill44
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
TwistedThrill44

Steam : TwistedThrill44

Resident Evil 1 Beta Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil 1 Beta   Resident Evil 1 Beta EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:36 pm

Hey, everyone.

First post here, looking to actually talk about some Resident Evil and show off my videos to some of you.
Anyway, as the title suggests, I found a Resident Evil Beta on the internet, dating back to the
4th of August 1995 . Either way, this version is completely different to the version
that we all came to love. I recorded my findings in a video that I hope will interest the forum.
A view would be nice, because it is rather interesting on how much the game has changed, and in the
timespan that it was changed in. I plan on doing some other betas, such as the Resident Evil 1.5 beta, and
other ones. The link to the video is down below, along with an embedded version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94sJ8t8RXYY

Thanks,
TwistedThrill44

Last edited by TwistedThrill44 on Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:47 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Can't get the embed code to work)
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Beta   Resident Evil 1 Beta EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 12:17 am

Ah that Beta =P there is currently 3 for re1 that are available:

- The one you have shown (Its August btw.)
- October 95 Sample Build (Has a totally different Menu too the one in final.)
- Beta RE1 with debug menu unlocked.

Not 100% sure if you are using the patches Martin Biohazard/Dark Biohazard created for them, they unlock more rooms you can't access you can read about those and grab them here: REmods RE1 sample patches/hacks

If your going too do 1.5 make sure its the November 1996 build and not that thing that was leaked last year where 'that' team hacked it too a poor state that no one could play it. When it comes too the real deal again Martin created a patch that unlocks more stuff in the build and again you can grab that stuff here:
REmodding Martin Biohazard 1.5 real build patches/hacks

Quite a bunch of stuff I can help you out with too since I've been given access too a lot of the stuff you can't access in those builds and through my own investigating, not a bad video so far can't wait too see your next one!
Back to top Go down
TwistedThrill44
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
TwistedThrill44

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Beta   Resident Evil 1 Beta EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 3:23 am

Thanks for confirming the date, I shall change that.
I'm pretty sure that I have all of the betas for Resident Evil 1 and 2 that we're commercially available, but I shall have to check. As for the 1.5 beta, I have no clue if it is a hacked version or not. Since I got mine from an external website. But, before I record a video on it. Would it be possible for you to view a livestream and tell me if it is the hacked copy or not?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Beta   Resident Evil 1 Beta EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 5:29 am

TwistedThrill44 wrote:
Thanks for confirming the date, I shall change that.
I'm pretty sure that I have all of the betas for Resident Evil 1 and 2 that we're commercially available, but I shall have to check. As for the 1.5 beta, I have no clue if it is a hacked version or not. Since I got mine from an external website. But, before I record a video on it. Would it be possible for you to view a livestream and tell me if it is the hacked copy or not?

Thanks.

I can easily tell you what the hacked version is, that version is all in English the real 1.5 build is all in Japanese apart from the title screen the options are in English in game everything is Japanese, hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
TwistedThrill44
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
TwistedThrill44

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Beta   Resident Evil 1 Beta EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 5:47 am

Thanks, I'll have a check now.

Edit

Well, I had a look, it is the original 1.5 and not a hacked version. It's also a bit buggier than I thought it was going to be. But, after all, it is a beta and damn it! If only I could read Japanese.

Last edited by TwistedThrill44 on Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updating post)
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Beta   Resident Evil 1 Beta EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 8:44 am

TwistedThrill44 wrote:
Thanks, I'll have a check now.

Edit

Well, I had a look, it is the original 1.5 and not a hacked version. It's also a bit buggier than I thought it was going to be. But, after all, it is a beta and damn it! If only I could read Japanese.

The lines have had a rough translation from a member of the community if that will help.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Beta   Resident Evil 1 Beta EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 2:45 pm

Welp. The prototype RE was even more difficult than Original RE: You can't even see or manage the inventory!
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
TwistedThrill44
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
TwistedThrill44

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Beta   Resident Evil 1 Beta EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 3:03 pm

You have infinite health and ammo in the beta, so it levels out.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Beta   Resident Evil 1 Beta EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 8:41 pm

TwistedThrill44 wrote:
You have infinite health and ammo in the beta, so it levels out.

Or it's a way of being a dick to players by having them being Nye indestructible and unable to win due to not knowing whether or not you have this key...and not being able to combine items.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Beta   Resident Evil 1 Beta EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 2:17 am

PWNERX wrote:
Welp. The prototype RE was even more difficult than Original RE: You can't even see or manage the inventory!

That's because they had no inventory coded then, it wouldn't be until the 2nd sample build that you could actually use that. Even 1.5's November 96 build had no way of combining some items or even checking them as they still needed too be coded in, whether they were or not in a later build no one knows. So its not difficulty its implementation =P
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Beta   Resident Evil 1 Beta EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 10:40 am

Thanks for sharing man! I love seeing stuff like this that i never seen before. I really hope someone can finish 1.5 because i don't want to mess with it and then not be able to finish lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
TwistedThrill44
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
TwistedThrill44

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Beta   Resident Evil 1 Beta EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 10:45 am

I'm still dabbling in 1.5. But hopefully I shall have a video out soon. I'm just slightly scared that I might completely break the game when playing it in the video, as I have done before.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Beta   Resident Evil 1 Beta EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:58 pm

PWNERX wrote:

Can't be any worse than the original idea for RE1, which was having it as a first person shooter :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Beta   Resident Evil 1 Beta Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 1 Beta
Page 1 of 1