HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??

Go down 
+6
MSR
EQOAnostalgia
PWNERX
PAULSAMSON
Ghost Leader
zeolite
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
zeolite
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
zeolite

RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? Empty
PostSubject: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 2:23 pm

On RE1 for PS1, at the start in the dining room when Barry says "Jill, see if you can find any more clues. I'll be examining this" if you go back into the main hall instead of through the door near the fireplace where you find the first zombie you see a cut-scene where Wesker says "investigate if you hear any gun fire." You then automatically walk back into the dining room. If you try to go back to the main hall twice more Barry says "losing heart Jill? That's not like you." Then when you walk past the grandfather clock it chimes and the zombie enters the room. Later on when you go to where Kenneth's body and ammo should be they're not there.

I've tried the things mentioned in the paragraph above and they do happen. I'm sure I read on some website ages ago that if you do this then later on when you go to the room where you find the researcher's will you find Barry tearing up documents and Jill asks him what he is doing but I have not been able to make this next bit happen. I was wondering whether anyone else has come across this.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 2:56 am

My GF, who occasionally lurks here, asked me to tell you this.

Quote :
If I remember correctly, there are four requirements to viewing the cutscene in which Barry destroys the file evidence: return to Wesker before investigating the gunshot, waste time, open the front door, and grab the shotgun early in the game--which triggers the infamous Jill Sandwhich cutscene. Zeolite didn't mention opening the front door or grabbing the shotty early.

That should work, if memory serves.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 5:32 am

Ghost Leader wrote:

Quote :
If I remember correctly, there are four requirements to viewing the cutscene in which Barry destroys the file evidence: return to Wesker before investigating the gunshot, waste time, open the front door, and grab the shotgun early in the game--which triggers the infamous Jill Sandwhich cutscene. Zeolite didn't mention opening the front door or grabbing the shotty early.

and that was on the original? I heard the evidence cutscene happening in the remake, maybe it happens in both games, dunno
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 7:01 am

I think I may have seen this once on RE1 on the PS1...however, my memory sucks. Damn Total Recall...
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 8:22 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

Quote :

and that was on the original? I heard the evidence cutscene happening in the remake, maybe it happens in both games, dunno
It's in the Arrange Mode of Director's Cut, at least. I haven't played the original (the mode in DC or the actual original) in decades.
Back to top Go down
zeolite
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
zeolite

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 12:49 pm

The first bit with the zombie walking into the dining room before you find it eating Kenneth definitely happens in the original RE for PS1.

When you say "waste time" do you mean just stand around for several minutes?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 1:20 am

zeolite wrote:
When you say "waste time" do you mean just stand around for several minutes?

GL's super awesome GF wrote:
Waste time by not investigating the other rooms--which triggers the arrival of Kenneth's zombie. There are several scene variations throughout the game, but the one you're looking for (Barry destroying evidence) is largely dependent upon lifting the shotgun early. This sets off a chain reaction of subsequent scene variations with Barry. You'll know you're on the right track if you find Barry on the balcony with Forest.

So yeah, pretty much just find a safe room and muck about for ten minutes or so.
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 10:44 am

I seen all of this years ago because back then i played RE 1 like... obsessively. Some of that MIGHT have had to do with the fact that i only had a few games at the time and was too young to get a job and buy more...  lol! 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 11:09 am

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
Some of that MIGHT have had to do with the fact that i only had a few games at the time and was too young to get a job and buy more...  lol! 
There was always thievery and shoplifting. Razz 
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 2:37 am

In REmake, if you want to see specific cutscenes, you gotta be careful where you walk. Like you can't see the collapsing ceiling scene with Barry saving you as Jill, if you encounter him in the main hall where he gives you Acid Rounds first, for instance. There is a cool little cutscene with Barry out on the balcony where Forest Speyer was pecked to death by T-infected crows. In the scene, instead of just seeing Chris or Jill look at Forest's corpse in horror, it actually shows you coming up on Barry examining the body, and he gives you the Grenade Launcher. This is only with Jill in REmake though, of course.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 3:58 am

Wait, so that Barry and the grenade launcher thing only happens in the remake?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 4:04 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

If you are referring to the actual cutscene in which Barry personally gives Jill the Grenade Launcher out on the balcony in REmake, then yes. That isn't in RE1 as far as Teh Spike knows, just REmake. It's a cool little cutscene, but you can only watch it if Barry hasn't saved you from the collapsing ceiling or given you acid rounds yet. Which is why you gotta be careful with where you go and what you do in the mansion in REmake. If you want to watch that cutscene, that is.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 4:07 am

Teh Spike wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

If you are referring to the actual cutscene in which Barry personally gives Jill the Grenade Launcher out on the balcony in REmake, then yes. That isn't in RE1 as far as Teh Spike knows, just REmake. It's a cool little cutscene, but you can only watch it if Barry hasn't saved you from the collapsing ceiling or given you acid rounds yet. Which is why you gotta be careful with where you go and what you do in the mansion in REmake. If you want to watch that cutscene, that is.

Aw man... That means I've been trying to make it happen in Director's Cut for nothing.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 4:11 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Aw man... That means I've been trying to make it happen in Director's Cut for nothing.

Awww....don't beat yourself up, Mass. You know, Benjamin Franklin found 100 ways not to make a light bulb before he actually made a light bulb. Just look at the glass half full instead of half empty!
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 10:23 am

Teh Spike wrote:
You know, Benjamin Franklin found 100 ways not to make a light bulb before he actually made a light bulb.
Actually, it was Humphrey Davy who invented the light bulb.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 10:37 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I'm not sure how to make it happen but it's there. Here's the only video I could find that actually shows the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 2:41 pm

Nice find, Narwhals. Teh Spike didn't know about that.

Teh Spike: 1

37 Narwhals: 1

Ghost Leader wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
You know, Benjamin Franklin found 100 ways not to make a light bulb before he actually made a light bulb.

What are you, some kind of Historian? Well, Ben Jamin' Franklin did create something. Maybe it was him finding out about how to use electricity. Which is like a precursor to the invention of the Light Bulb!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 12:27 am

37 Narwhals wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I'm not sure how to make it happen but it's there. Here's the only video I could find that actually shows the whole thing.

Sweet! I knew there had to be something behind my efforts. Sure I have not been able to make that thing happen but it's good to know it's still there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 12:16 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
What are you, some kind of Historian?
Yeah, as a matter of fact, I am.
Back to top Go down
zeolite
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
zeolite

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 1:35 pm

What's with the graphics on that video? Those graphics are not from the PS1 version. The Jill model looks different. My first thought was that someone had faked it using a modelling package until Barry spoke and the voice was perfect. Also, the left-hand door from the hall to the dining room was opened instead of the right-hand one, which looked wrong to me.

I haven't been able to access the scene with Barry handing Jill the researcher's will yet. Here's some video evidence that it should exist (from the same people as the video above):

Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 3:03 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
What are you, some kind of Historian?
Yeah, as a matter of fact, I am.

Well congratulations! *clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*clap*

*further applause*

zeolite wrote:
What's with the graphics on that video? Those graphics are not from the PS1 version. The Jill model looks different. My first thought was that someone had faked it using a modelling package until Barry spoke and the voice was perfect. Also, the left-hand door from the hall to the dining room was opened instead of the right-hand one, which looked wrong to me.

I haven't been able to access the scene with Barry handing Jill the researcher's will yet. Here's some video evidence that it should exist (from the same people as the video above)

It could be from one of the other releases of RE1. RE1 is a bit of a whore like that, it's on so many consoles. Teh Spike actually owns a few different copies of RE1. I has RE1(Ps1), Director's Cut(Ps1), REmake(GC), REmake(Wii), REDS, and Biohazard REmake(Wii, but it's a Japanese copy, obvious by the Biohazard title).

As for that scene you are referring to, Zeolite, Teh Spike believes that's the one where Jill says her line, "There's a page missing!". That's one of Teh Spike's favourite lines. Right up there with, "You're right!" and "Wesker! Where on earth have you bean?" She said "been" strange because of her Canadian accent, Jill's RE1 Voice Actress.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 3:09 pm

Teh Spike wrote:

Ghost Leader wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:

What are you, some kind of Historian? Well, Ben Jamin' Franklin did create something. Maybe it was him finding out about how to use electricity. Which is like a precursor to the invention of the Light Bulb!
Don't you mean Thomas Edison?
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 3:16 pm

Vandal wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:

Ghost Leader wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:

Okay, let's settle this once and for all! This is an answer Teh Spike found via Google.

"First light by electric:
1809 - Humphry Davy, an English chemist, invented the first electric light. Davy connected two wires to a battery and attached a charcoal strip betwween the other ends of the wires. The charged carbon glowed making the first arc lamp.

First light by electric in a vacuum:
1820 - Warren De la Rue enclosed a platinum coil in an evacuated tube and passed an electric current through it. His lamp design was worked but the cost of the precious metal platinum made this an impossible invention for wide-spread use.

Edison just made longer burning filaments:
1879 - Thomas Alva Edison invented a carbon filament that burned for forty hours. Edison placed his filament in an oxygenless bulb. (Edison evolved his designs for the lightbulb based on the 1875 patent he purchased from inventors, Henry Woodward and Matthew Evans.) "

And as for Ben Franklin, as an inventor, he is known for the lightning rod, bifocals, and the Franklin stove, among other inventions.

Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 3:33 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:

Ghost Leader wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:

Okay, let's settle this once and for all! This is an answer Teh Spike found via Google.

And as for Ben Franklin, as an inventor, he is known for the lightning rod, bifocals, and the Franklin stove, among other inventions.
I wasn't questioning who invented the lightbulb, though I find it funny that you went through all that trouble. I was asking if you meant Thomas Edison instead of Ben Franklin in your earlier posts.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 6:48 pm

Vandal wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:

Ghost Leader wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:

I wasn't questioning who invented the lightbulb, though I find it funny that you went through all that trouble. I was asking if you meant Thomas Edison instead of Ben Franklin in your earlier posts.

Yes, that 60 seconds that Teh Spike spent using Google to find just who invented the light bulb...how will Teh Spike ever get that time back??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??   RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story?? Empty

Back to top Go down

RE1 (PS1): Jill and Barry's secret alternative story??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next