Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The Controls Poll EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The Controls Poll EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The Controls Poll EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The Controls Poll EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The Controls Poll EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The Controls Poll EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The Controls Poll EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The Controls Poll EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The Controls Poll EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The Controls Poll

Go down 
+5
Ghost Leader
PWNERX
Mass Distraction
DampRevil
MSR
9 posters

Which Controls YOU Want?
Classic RE Controls
The Controls Poll Vote_lcap22%The Controls Poll Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Mainstream Controls
The Controls Poll Vote_lcap33%The Controls Poll Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Don't Care Either Way
The Controls Poll Vote_lcap22%The Controls Poll Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Other
The Controls Poll Vote_lcap11%The Controls Poll Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
I Support Moon Colonization But Not Gingrich
The Controls Poll Vote_lcap11%The Controls Poll Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

The Controls Poll Empty
PostSubject: The Controls Poll   The Controls Poll EmptyMon May 12, 2014 1:40 pm

Those who aren't a fan of the RE series and have just played maybe one or two games, generally seem to dissaprove of RE's classic and unique controls. Often referring to them as being a relic and just difficult to play with.

Alternatively, a majority of the actual fans of the series, while possibly having a learning curve with the very first RE experience, have absolutely no problem whatsoever with RE's classic controls.

Some, including myself, are even against the changing of what made the series cool and different for them to begin with. Versus changing the controls to please and appeal to the 'mainstream' audience who don't know the first thing about RE and just want to play with the FPS or action-shooter controls that they are already accustomed to.

I personally don't think its fair for those mainstreamers to demand such a change. Stfu or don't play the game nimrod. It would be akin to me complaining about a series that i dont even play or like very much, like MvC or Street Fighter, and saying it should play like Smackdown Vs Raw, because i don't like the controls for those aforementioned fighting games.

But what do other fans want? Classic controls, which would include possibly being tank-like for instance. More mainstream? We saw something sorta resembling that in ORC. Or do you just adapt to however the game plays regardless? Any other control suggestions?
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

The Controls Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Controls Poll   The Controls Poll EmptyMon May 12, 2014 2:51 pm

Mainstream controls. The tank controls were great for the earlier Resident Evil titles, but it wouldn't work now-a-days. The game could still be survival horror with mainstream controls.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

The Controls Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Controls Poll   The Controls Poll EmptyTue May 13, 2014 2:23 am

You know me, I'll play the games regardless.

Just as long as it doesn't control like Missions or Survivor 2.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

The Controls Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Controls Poll   The Controls Poll EmptyTue May 13, 2014 4:35 am

I don't care either way/ However, you can have a 3rd person survival horror, just look at Wii Sports Boxing!
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

The Controls Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Controls Poll   The Controls Poll EmptyTue May 13, 2014 9:33 am

I still support moon colonization, but not Gingrich.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

The Controls Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Controls Poll   The Controls Poll EmptyTue May 13, 2014 10:03 am

DampRevil wrote:
Mainstream controls. The tank controls were great for the earlier Resident Evil titles, but it wouldn't work now-a-days. The game could still be survival horror with mainstream controls.

Classic controls could work fine. Especially if the game is survival horror, and not a shoot 'em up style game like ORC or CoD. See Resident Evil Revelations.

RE6 had pretty nice controls i thought. It was shooter-esque at first, but you could tweak them to play classic. With the added awesomeness of the rolling and melee attacks.

And those work wonders for me. Surely Mass Distraction hasn't yet forgotten my Rape Trains in RE6 Mercs! RE6 isn't exactly tank-like, but they're pretty perfect.

I'd consider what we saw in ORC to be pretty Mainstream. If that is what we get again then i may not play the game. I won't naively devour every scrap of RE that Crapcom throws my way. Great! I'm turning into GL!? Next thing you know i'm gonna have a referrence in my sig of RE's lifespan; 1996-2015(Or whichever year RE7 will come out).
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

The Controls Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Controls Poll   The Controls Poll EmptyTue May 13, 2014 10:36 am

I prefer the classic controls. BUT of the gamecube controls. The characters moved more realistic and you can feel their weight, on the early ps1 games they can be pretty dated.

Next I think that the over the shoulder RE4 camera was awesome, but after it got cool I dislike it, hipster symdrome I guess
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

The Controls Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Controls Poll   The Controls Poll EmptyTue May 13, 2014 11:38 am

Teh Spike wrote:

Classic controls could work fine. Especially if the game is survival horror, and not a shoot 'em up style game like ORC or CoD. See Resident Evil Revelations.
Resident Evil: Revelations has mainstream controls, at least the 3DS version does. I've played the demo for Unveiled Edition and even the classic controls still feel mainstream.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

The Controls Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Controls Poll   The Controls Poll EmptyTue May 13, 2014 1:22 pm

DampRevil wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:

Resident Evil: Revelations has mainstream controls, at least the 3DS version does. I've played the demo for Unveiled Edition and even the classic controls still feel mainstream.

Revelations controls are not mainstream. They control tank-like, just like RE4 and RE5 before it, except if you hold L it allows for you strafe around freely, even while aiming. And it also has the option for a shooter scheme, but it still plays very much like the classic controls.

And the 3DS version of Revelations, and Mercs3D, had a plethora different control options, including a first person view, which is omit from the console port.

@PAULSAMSON, the Gamecube controls were the best!
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

The Controls Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Controls Poll   The Controls Poll EmptyTue May 13, 2014 3:54 pm

I'm still not sure I'd consider Resident Evil 4-Resident Evil:Revelations as "classic" when it comes to the controls. They don't feel like they play like the earlier games, in my opinion. The controls may be more restrictive than games like Resident Evil 6, but players still have way more freedom over the character than we did in the earlier titles.

I think new Resident Evil titles should play like Resident Evil 5. It's not too restrictive, but it's not too free. I think Resident Evil 5 perfected the control system.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

The Controls Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Controls Poll   The Controls Poll EmptyTue May 13, 2014 6:33 pm

I'm not really a fan of RE6's controls tbh, no matter how much I tweak them it won't feel like classic for me even if I am using square to shoot and the left stick to aim. I can deal with them, but I'd rather have controls more like REV's even if they want to implement RE6's rolling and sprinting in the next game. Assuming the next game is an over the shoulder one, my ideal choice would be if they had both Rev's shooter and classic controls as options along with an optional stick configuration similar to the "Legacy" configuration from COD: Black Ops; Left stick lets you move forward/backward and rotates your character, the right stick controls vertical aiming and strafing. I voted for other.

Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

The Controls Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Controls Poll   The Controls Poll EmptyTue May 13, 2014 8:17 pm

DampRevil wrote:
I'm still not sure I'd consider Resident Evil 4-Resident Evil:Revelations as "classic" when it comes to the controls. They don't feel like they play like the earlier games, in my opinion. The controls may be more restrictive than games like Resident Evil 6, but players still have way more freedom over the character than we did in the earlier titles.

I think new Resident Evil titles should play like Resident Evil 5. It's not too restrictive, but it's not too free. I think Resident Evil 5 perfected the control system.

You should consider RE4-RER controls classic. They play the same as RE1-RE3, but OTS instead of the fixed camera angles. The angles aren't directly related to the control schemes.

Lemme give an example using RE4 on GC and RE2 on GC. RE2 is easily a classic RE game that also utilizes fixed camera angles, while RE4 has an Over The Shoulder camera.

The way your character controls in RE2 & RE4 are both tank like, as well as all buttom controls being the same; Z for map, Y for inventory, B to run, A for action, Hold R to aim/A to shoot.

Not sure how you feel, but Teh Spike promises they are the same. So if RE2's controls are classic, and RE4's controls are the same as RE2's, then ifsofacto, RE4 has classic controls.

Mainstream would be closer to ORC and sort of RE6, and certainly games like GTAV and Gears.

@Narwhals, glad to hear someone else tweaked RE6's controls to play more like classic. Most seem to just play default. What don't you like about RE6's controls though? I think they work quite nicely.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

The Controls Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Controls Poll   The Controls Poll EmptyTue May 13, 2014 10:54 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
DampRevil wrote:

You should consider RE4-RER controls classic. They play the same as RE1-RE3, but OTS instead of the fixed camera angles. The angles aren't directly related to the control schemes.

Lemme give an example using RE4 on GC and RE2 on GC. RE2 is easily a classic RE game that also utilizes fixed camera angles, while RE4 has an Over The Shoulder camera.

The way your character controls in RE2 & RE4 are both tank like, as well as all buttom controls being the same; Z for map, Y for inventory, B to run, A for action, Hold R to aim/A to shoot.

Not sure how you feel, but Teh Spike promises they are the same. So if RE2's controls are classic, and RE4's controls are the same as RE2's, then ifsofacto, RE4 has classic controls.

Mainstream would be closer to ORC and sort of RE6, and certainly games like GTAV and Gears.

@Narwhals, glad to hear someone else tweaked RE6's controls to play more like classic. Most seem to just play default. What don't you like about RE6's controls though? I think they work quite nicely.

My main complaint is that I have to manually control the camera the whole time, every RE game other than 6 has it so that the camera is simply tied to the character's movement, whether it's fixed cameras based on where you're at or if it just follows your back. Even in ORC and and Rev's shooter controls, you never had to use extra effort just on the camera. This isn't necessarily bad, and there are plenty of games I like that do the same thing, but it'll never feel like RE if I have to move it myself.

So basically, they work fine, they're just not my preference.

About the RE4 controls, the only major difference is in the aiming (well, RE4 also has more weight to it than RE1-3, but the same could be said of Remake and Zero). Other than that, it's the same. Team IGAS even managed to make an over the shoulder mini game in RE1.5 without modifying the controls.

Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

The Controls Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Controls Poll   The Controls Poll EmptyWed May 14, 2014 12:15 am

Teh Spike wrote:

They're similar, but not the same. The same buttons are used to run, aim, shoot, etc but there's also a lot of changes too. In the older games you can only turn your character in four directions, while the newer games allow you to freely control you character. The same applies for aiming. You can also walk/reload while moving too which wasn't included in the earlier games.

Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 5, and Resident Evil: Revelations may not be as mainstream as Resident Evil 6 or Operation Raccoon City, but I certainly wouldn't say they're classic either. That's just my opinion though.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

The Controls Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Controls Poll   The Controls Poll EmptyWed May 14, 2014 9:01 am

As long as you have consistant control of your character I'm fine. In Resident Evil 6, theres a scene where you're running up from a sinking sub and the water is steadily rising, with no warning, the camera switches to a fixed angel and the controls switch to classic and you don't know which way is up, down, left, or right. I died at the hands of water multiple times. Water was my worst enemy. Resident Evil 6 was shit as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

The Controls Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Controls Poll   The Controls Poll EmptyWed May 14, 2014 9:14 am

DampRevil wrote:
They're similar, but not the same. The same buttons are used to run, aim, shoot, etc but there's also a lot of changes too. In the older games you can only turn your character in four directions, while the newer games allow you to freely control you character. The same applies for aiming. You can also walk/reload while moving too which wasn't included in the earlier games.

Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 5, and Resident Evil: Revelations may not be as mainstream as Resident Evil 6 or Operation Raccoon City, but I certainly wouldn't say they're classic either. That's just my opinion though.

When's the last time you played RE4? Because while RE5 and Rev have a more mainstream control by default, RE4 doesn't have that; you can't move at all while reloading and the movement is just as limited as the old games; you can only move forward/backward and rotate your character.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

The Controls Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Controls Poll   The Controls Poll EmptyWed May 14, 2014 12:41 pm

37 Narwhals wrote:
DampRevil wrote:

When's the last time you played RE4? Because while RE5 and Rev have a more mainstream control by default, RE4 doesn't have that; you can't move at all while reloading and the movement is just as limited as the old games; you can only move forward/backward and rotate your character.

Thank you Narwhals. I was starting to feel like i was talking to a wall.

@DampRevil, I haven't played any RE games in a long while, yet Teh Spike still remembers how those games play. I know them like the back of my hand, and you best believe Teh Spike knows the back of his hand pretty damn well!

I think it's clear here now that you are simply mistaken, no harm, no foul. But jesus christ son go pop in RE4 and run through the village or something. The controls are the same, I Promise. And yes 37N, the aiming in RE4 allows you to freely aim wherever instead of the previous aiming just Up, Down, or Forward.

Also Damp, while RE5 and Rev allow the player to strafe around freely, it's only if you Hold a button to do so. RE5 doesn't even let you move while aiming at all.

As for RE6, yes you can move around far less restrictively, but you may notice it still moves like a tank pretty much. The character NEVER runs backwards, or to the side. If while running forward you move the analogue stick to the left, your character will completely turn and run that way, or turn around if you run backwards. It's actually very similar to the movement in the Outbreak games, if you use the analogue instead of the D-Pad.

Also you could move while aiming/shooting in Outbreak File#2.

@Vandal, I died by water, once. Because of that particular angle I couldn't see there was ladder i supposed to climb.

You should do a walkthrough of RE6, I'd enjoy watching. It'd be amusing watching you get killed by a plethora of random camera changes and a butt-load of QTE's! lol
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

The Controls Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Controls Poll   The Controls Poll EmptyWed May 14, 2014 1:49 pm

37 Narwhals wrote:
DampRevil wrote:

Wasn't RE5 exactly like that too? People even went as far as complaining it was just a reskinned RE4.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

The Controls Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Controls Poll   The Controls Poll EmptyWed May 14, 2014 3:24 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
DampRevil wrote:

Wasn't RE5 exactly like that too? People even went as far as complaining it was just a reskinned RE4.
I think the default controls in 5 at least allowed strafing, since it used a more shooter style configuration, IIRC, although you could switch it to be exactly like 4. I could be wrong though, as I don't actually own a copy of 5 to check.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

The Controls Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Controls Poll   The Controls Poll EmptyWed May 14, 2014 8:29 pm

37 Narwhals wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
DampRevil wrote:

I think the default controls in 5 at least allowed strafing, since it used a more shooter style configuration, IIRC, although you could switch it to be exactly like 4. I could be wrong though, as I don't actually own a copy of 5 to check.

Come on now Narwhals, you were so close. But yes, you're right, RE5's default is the shooter type which has strafing, but still not while aiming. It also has the control scheme i use, that plays exactly like RE4, i believe it's type D. Then thare variations of the shooter and classic having either strafing or no strafing.

Teh Spike only plays with classic, like a BOSS.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

The Controls Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Controls Poll   The Controls Poll EmptyThu May 15, 2014 3:28 am

37 Narwhals wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:
DampRevil wrote:

I own 5, and with the exception of the streamlined inventory, it was nearly identical with 4.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

The Controls Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Controls Poll   The Controls Poll EmptyThu May 15, 2014 5:54 am

The mainstream controls are much easier to use, especially for aiming on the PC versions of RE.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

The Controls Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Controls Poll   The Controls Poll EmptyThu May 15, 2014 6:39 am

Try playing RE4 hd after playing RE5/6/ORC.... confusing as fuck, and no, you can't change the controls on RE4.

I'm not saying either is good or bad, but I tried it a while ago and I just couldn't get used to it for a long while.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

The Controls Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Controls Poll   The Controls Poll EmptyThu May 15, 2014 11:23 pm

Pau Diaz wrote:
The mainstream controls are much easier to use, especially for aiming on the PC versions of RE.

Are we wanting "easy" controls?

Easy? Forget making the game the unique experience that Resident Evil has always been, let's just make it easily accessible to anyone and everyone. And most especially the gamers that don't even play the games.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

The Controls Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Controls Poll   The Controls Poll EmptySat May 17, 2014 11:46 am

I'm all for making games more difficult but that should in no way have anything to do with the controls. If controls are what make a game hard instead of the gameplay itself, those are bad controls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Controls Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Controls Poll   The Controls Poll Empty

Back to top Go down

The Controls Poll
Page 1 of 1