HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post

Go down 
+10
EQOAnostalgia
Pau Diaz
Vandal
PWNERX
DXP
37 Narwhals
Amadeus31B
DampRevil
MSR
PAULSAMSON
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post   The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 5:06 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
You were with ProjectUmbrella? How'd you end up from there to here? Very Happy I've read a ton of the translations the site has. Kind of a hobby of mine to read behind the scenes stuff about video game series that I like.

Does anyone here look at PU vs REF like a Globogym vs Average Joe's gymnasium?

Reading into RE's backstory is definately one of the really interesting parts about these games. Of course if you are post-RE5 RE games, then all of the text in the game is so tiny that you require a magnifying glass just to see it.
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post   The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 5:06 pm

We translated the Japanese archives books as unfortunately the official English versions had several glaring errors. As for the rest well sadly they will never see the light of day in English I'm afraid. That's the price of loving a Japanese gaming franchise.

There is an extremely rare English version of The True Story behind biohazard available which was released with the Sega Saturn version of Resident Evil. I'll see if I can find a transcript.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post   The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 5:22 pm

TheBatMan wrote:
There is an extremely rare English version of The True Story behind biohazard available which was released with the Sega Saturn version of Resident Evil. I'll see if I can find a transcript.

And thus you have added another ridiculously expensive item on my list of things I need to have.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post   The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 5:54 pm

TheBatMan wrote:
We translated the Japanese archives books as unfortunately the official English versions had several glaring errors. As for the rest well sadly they will never see the light of day in English I'm afraid. That's the price of loving a Japanese gaming franchise.

Errors? There are no errors, the Umbrella Resident Evil Countermeasure Service is real! I know it's true because I read it in the official Resident Evil Archives book!
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post   The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 6:06 pm

TheBatMan wrote:
unfortunately the official English versions had several glaring errors.
My personal favorite being "A Resident Evil has been detected." lol! 
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post   The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 11:55 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
I still think it was kinda "bad" to use classic characters in the trailers and in the game covers as important parts when they have little to no participation in the game. As I said in another post, Carlos Jill and Sherry have a stronger role in the Spec Ops DLCs, but of course if we talk about ORC we talk about the main game with the Wolf Pack, where besides Nicholai the rest of the characters can merely be represented as cameos.

They never really elaborated on the significance of anything having to do with Leon or any of the other major characters from the RE series in ORC. In fact, while on the subject of anyone feeling like there was some false advertising for this game, well my copy for 360 doesn't even have Leon on it. The cover shows some of the Wolf Pack and a Tyrant, while the back simply has a pretty cool pic of the Wolf Pack in the shadows and a gameplay still. No Leon or Nicholai.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post   The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 10:19 am

Spike 4:20 wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
I still think it was kinda "bad" to use classic characters in the trailers and in the game covers as important parts when they have little to no participation in the game. As I said in another post, Carlos Jill and Sherry have a stronger role in the Spec Ops DLCs, but of course if we talk about ORC we talk about the main game with the Wolf Pack, where besides Nicholai the rest of the characters can merely be represented as cameos.

They never really elaborated on the significance of anything having to do with Leon or any of the other major characters from the RE series in ORC. In fact, while on the subject of anyone feeling like there was some false advertising for this game, well my copy for 360 doesn't even have Leon on it. The cover shows some of the Wolf Pack and a Tyrant, while the back simply has a pretty cool pic of the Wolf Pack in the shadows and a gameplay still. No Leon or Nicholai.

Yup, my PS3 version has the same covers. There's a nice silhouette of a T-103 in the background of the front cover too.

On a related note, I just watched Avengers Confidential: Black Widow & Punisher on DVD and the cover has Thor, Ironman and Hulk in addition to Black Widow and Punisher even though they only appear in a rather short fight scene near the end, yet I still don't feel like I would have been screwed. This wasn't their movie anyway.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post   The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 1:39 pm

What is this I read about enemies soaking up bullets? I played on normal and it did not take much to knock them down.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post   The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 3:38 pm

Pau Diaz wrote:
What is this I read about enemies soaking up bullets? I played on normal and it did not take much to knock them down.

They don't take much on Veteran either if you land headshots instead of body shots.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post   The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 2:57 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Pau Diaz wrote:

They don't take much on Veteran either if you land headshots instead of body shots.

Well, that makes the prospect of a replay inviting.

What's up with the hunters being able to deflect bullets from their scaly parts? That wasn't included in Revelations or any other previous game.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post   The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 2:47 pm

Pau Diaz wrote:
What's up with the hunters being able to deflect bullets from their scaly parts? That wasn't included in Revelations or any other previous game.

I don't particularly remember that because I never personally played through the entirety of ORC, but that is pretty cool. And would give Hunters more of a chance in this OTS camera era.

Anyone notice how off the movements of the Hunters are in OTS RE games? REvelations and ORC(although I don't really remember the Hunters in this one too well) just seem to have odd movements from the Hunter enemies. While I feel their movements in earlier RE games, i.e. REmake, RE3, etc., looks way better. Kind of in that same way that the Plaga infected Majini will run up to your face and just stand there instead of viciously attacking you.

There was one time in RE1 where I had a Hunter on either side of me just taking turns swiping at me. Needless to say my health got really low, I was able to access my inventory and use the one herb I had, and then they took turns swiping at me some more...before I was eventually able to luckily get off one shot from my shotgun. Which is hard to do because you can't aim when Hunters are swiping you! But yeah, near death experience.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post   The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 3:39 am

What I'd like to know is why the game was such a showcase of the main characters? It was more about them that it was about the larger picture? They shoot through places like a breeze, never dealing with people as more than extra enemies to be overcome, instead of pieces of the puzzle. Sherry is merely to be rescued and revealed as a part of the story that is over and done with once she is extracted. Leon and Claire are just add ins that make up part of the objectives of the game, not the story itself.
Back to top Go down
Mullet_Wesker
Cerberus
Cerberus
Mullet_Wesker

Playstation Network Mullet_Wesker

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post   The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:44 pm

I could have been happy with this game if it had just had a real, structured narrative. To me, the biggest issue is that there is no story; it's simply a series of missions with an evil Umbrella executive yelling at you.

Could the gameplay have been better? Yes, but it got the job done. Did we need all the cameos of the series star characters? No, but what we got was garbage. I recall seeing footage of Jill and Carlos in pre-release trailers, yet they were only available in the DLC.

And speaking of the DLC, isn't it sad that that campaign was better than what shipped with the base game?
Back to top Go down
http://taylorjosephdean.com
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post   The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 12:09 pm

There was a link to explain how to swap enemy models, but now the link is dead. Can anyone let me know how to swap the enemy dead of ORC or if there is a website that explains how?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post   The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 1:14 pm

Pau Diaz wrote:
There was a link to explain how to swap enemy models, but now the link is dead. Can anyone let me know how to swap the enemy dead of ORC or if there is a website that explains how?

My answer would be as good as one I could google, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post   The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 7:10 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Pau Diaz wrote:

My answer would be as good as one I could google, sorry.

Oh well, no worries. I will continue the search. By the way, the Tyrant's lethal move when he lifts the person up by the head confuses me a little. At first it looks like he's performing a head crushing squeeze and then he seems to take the player by the jaw or the face. Is this a camera glitch, or does the move work on some principal?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post   The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Operation Raccon City Post
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3