HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Anderson is starting to work on the next film. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Anderson is starting to work on the next film. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Anderson is starting to work on the next film. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Anderson is starting to work on the next film. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Anderson is starting to work on the next film. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Anderson is starting to work on the next film. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Anderson is starting to work on the next film. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Anderson is starting to work on the next film. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Anderson is starting to work on the next film. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Anderson is starting to work on the next film.

Go down 
+5
PWNERX
PAULSAMSON
TheSkinniMini1
Ghost Leader
DampRevil
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheSkinniMini1
Cerberus
Cerberus
TheSkinniMini1

Anderson is starting to work on the next film. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anderson is starting to work on the next film.   Anderson is starting to work on the next film. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 8:03 am

DampRevil wrote:

I don't think it has anything to do with Rebecca's skills. None of the film counterparts have stayed true to their game counterparts. I just believe Anderson has no interest in using Rebecca. In a trivia book for the film series, it was stated that Anderson used Jill, Claire, and Rebecca for a basis to create Alice. Anderson definitely knows who Rebecca is, but again, I believe he doesn't have any interest in including her in the film series.
That's what you think and that's cool, but I truly believe her skills in comparison to the other girls is the reason he isn't interesting in adding her because nothing else makes sense. For a "forgotten" character, she has a considerable amount of people in her fanbase and has made two full fedged (and playable) canon appearances in the games. So she definitely has the importance compared to Barry and Carlos and the popularity, so what's else could be the reason he isn't interested? It's obvious to me that he probably feels she's not as BA as the other three women. Yet like you said most of them hasn't been 100% faithful to their game counterpart, so he could just add the Badass qualities that he feels she's lacking. So IMO there's no excuse for her to not have been a part of the film universe be it in a main or small role. That's just how I feel about it.

I also never heard Alice was based off Rebecca before so that's news to me. Do you remember the name of the trivia book?

Quote :
Anderson will probably handle the screen time in the new film like he has the others. Most of it will go to Alice and those who are accompanying her. If anyone branches off and goes somewhere without Alice, we won't be seeing much of them. I do agree that Chris and Leon will probably take a back seat. I see Alice, Claire, and Jill taking the most prominent roles in the film as Milla did say she would like the three of them to team up.
I don't think that formula will work this time around esp if all the game characters that's still alive are included in the film along with original characters like K-Mart and Becky or even Angela if he decides to bring her back for the film. It definitely won't work if this last film is only one as well. I think or at least hope that he can strike a better balance this time around (even though we all agree the guys will be seen the least). Anderson can (and really should) show the other characters even without Alice being with them. It wouldn't take away from her being the main character.

Quote :
While some of the other characters inclusions feel random, they were added due to their importance/popularity in the game series. I don't see Jake being Alice's son because she already has Becky. I'm sure what Jake may have brought to the film will be covered by Becky.
This still doesn't change the fact that Claire's appearance in Extinction, Chris' in Afterlife, and Leon, Barry, and Ada's in Retribution all felt as random (not that's it's a problem as they had to be added somehow) as you're assuming Jake's will be if he is added to the next film.

Also if we are going by things like importance and/or popularity as a reason to add those characters, Jake was pretty important in the lastest game of the series. So bc of that fact there is a strong possibility (not guaranteed) that he will be added whether it will be seen as random or not.

I don't agree that Becky basically took away Jake's chance to be added into the films. So Alice can't be his mother (this isn't a bad thing). I still believe that if he is added Anderson will connect them somehow someway.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

Anderson is starting to work on the next film. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anderson is starting to work on the next film.   Anderson is starting to work on the next film. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 8:49 pm

TheSkinniMini1 wrote:

That's what you think and that's cool, but I truly believe her skills in comparison to the other girls is the reason he isn't interesting in adding her because nothing else makes sense. For a "forgotten" character, she has a considerable amount of people in her fanbase and has made two full fedged (and playable) canon appearances in the games. So she definitely has the importance compared to Barry and Carlos and the popularity, so what's else could be the reason he isn't interested? It's obvious to me that he probably feels she's not as BA as the other three women. Yet like you said most of them hasn't been 100% faithful to their game counterpart, so he could just add the Badass qualities that he feels she's lacking. So IMO there's no excuse for her to not have been a part of the film universe be it in a main or small role. That's just how I feel about it.

I also never heard Alice was based off Rebecca before so that's news to me. Do you remember the name of the trivia book?
I see where you're coming from but I just don't think that's why Anderson didn't include Rebecca. Seeming as if Alice is partly based on Rebecca, that means Anderson has to see some sort of badass quality in Rebecca. I truly believe Anderson just doesn't want to use her. He has Alice, Jill, Claire, and Ada. That's enough "badass females", and with Jill and Claire being the main females of the game universe it's not surprising that they're in the films. Ada was added because the fans voiced to Anderson that they wanted her included. It all comes down to popularity. While Rebecca is popular, she doesn't have the following that Jill, Claire, and Ada have. That's why I believe Rebecca hasn't made an appearance. Here's the link to that trivia book!

TheSkinniMini1 wrote:
I don't think that formula will work this time around esp if all the game characters that's still alive are included in the film along with original characters like K-Mart and Becky or even Angela if he decides to bring her back for the film. It definitely won't work if this last film is only one as well. I think or at least hope that he can strike a better balance this time around (even though we all agree the guys will be seen the least). Anderson can (and really should) show the other characters even without Alice being with them. It wouldn't take away from her being the main character.
I don't think Anderson will make any changes to the screen time issue. Every movie has solely focused on Alice, so it's probably not going to change now, especially in the very last one.

TheSkinniMini1 wrote:
This still doesn't change the fact that Claire's appearance in Extinction, Chris' in Afterlife, and Leon, Barry, and Ada's in Retribution all felt as random (not that's it's a problem as they had to be added somehow) as you're assuming Jake's will be if he is added to the next film.

Also if we are going by things like importance and/or popularity as a reason to add those characters, Jake was pretty important in the lastest game of the series. So bc of that fact there is a strong possibility (not guaranteed) that he will be added whether it will be seen as random or not.

I don't agree that Becky basically took away Jake's chance to be added into the films. So Alice can't be his mother (this isn't a bad thing).  I still believe that if he is added Anderson will connect them somehow someway.
While Claire, Chris, Leon, Barry, and Ada all felt random, they were added for reasons. Claire was meant to be in Apocalypse in place of Jill. However, all of the actresses who were going to play Claire kept leaving the project. So Anderson wrote Claire out and added Jill. Since Sienna was unable to film Extinction, Anderson said that he needed another female lead. He added Claire in place of Jill. Claire's inclusion in Extinction isn't as random as you might think. Leon, Ada, and Barry were added purely for fan service, while that's not a good reason, it's the best we've gotten. I'm not quite sure the reason for Chris though. It probably had something to do with Chris being a main character in the game series and being the main character of Resident Evil 5, which Afterlife is based on.

While Jake was important to Resident Evil 6, I still don't believe he'll be in the film. During a set visit for Retribution, it was revealed to the visitor that Becky will be extremely important in the next film. Becky is the reason I believe Jake will be absent from the next film. If Becky is so important, why do we need Jake? I'll post the interview from the set visit if I can find it.
Back to top Go down

Anderson is starting to work on the next film.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2