Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
REF's Like/Dislike System EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
REF's Like/Dislike System EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
REF's Like/Dislike System EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
REF's Like/Dislike System EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
REF's Like/Dislike System EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
REF's Like/Dislike System EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
REF's Like/Dislike System EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
REF's Like/Dislike System EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
REF's Like/Dislike System EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

REF's Like/Dislike System

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

REF's Like/Dislike System Empty
PostSubject: REF's Like/Dislike System   REF's Like/Dislike System EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 5:16 am

What do you think of it?

And why does REF have it? Does REF really need it? What is this, Fagbook? MySpace? Xangia? No.

I'm not entirely against it, but I personally kinda dislike it. I mean I went and seeked out and Liked 4 or 5 of Jamesy's posts so that he wasn't in the negatives, but he's all of a sudden -2. He is at 1 Like at the time of this post. We'll see how long thay lasts. Bastards.

I also had a few dislikes(thanks guys). I just don't know that we need a Like/Dislike feature on a forum like REF.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: REF's Like/Dislike System   REF's Like/Dislike System EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 9:49 am

Teh Spike wrote:
What do you think of it?
I like it. My only complaint is that there isn't a one-click way to see what posts have been liked.

Quote :
And why does REF have it? Does REF really need it? What is this, Fagbook? MySpace? Xangia? No.
Plenty of forums have like systems or other similar systems. It doesn't make them Facebook or MySpace. And what the hell is Xangia?

Quote :
I'm not entirely against it, but I personally kinda dislike it. I mean I went and seeked out and Liked 4 or 5 of Jamesy's posts so that he wasn't in the negatives, but he's all of a sudden -2. He is at 1 Like at the time of this post. We'll see how long thay lasts. Bastards.
No offense to Jamesy, but some of his posts can be a bit... eh, how should I put this... out there. I'm sorry that he gets dislikes, but the whole point of the system is to distinguish between good and bad posts. It doesn't make the person giving dislikes a bastard.

Quote :
I also had a few dislikes(thanks guys).
I'm sorry that happened, but the whole point of the system... Well, you get the picture.

Quote :
I just don't know that we need a Like/Dislike feature on a forum like REF.
Duly noted, but we'll see what others think. We aren't going to disable it just because one person doesn't agree with it.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: REF's Like/Dislike System   REF's Like/Dislike System EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 10:03 am

I am not on these forums too often anymore so take it as you will.

IMO there is no need for a like / dislike button. If you dislike it then post and explain why and everyone will get the idea. No need to disagree twice over one post.

Also it may discourage posting. Some people may just click dislike and leave it at that rather than add to the constructive conversation.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: REF's Like/Dislike System   REF's Like/Dislike System EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 11:22 am

I think the system is fun, and it makes some people think about what they post. Even if you think you don't care, that's always in the back of your mind. I do agree I'd like it a lit more if you knew who was liking or disliking what. It's also fun to look at members who I won't mention but you can clearly see had -6 likes. I find that hilarious.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: REF's Like/Dislike System   REF's Like/Dislike System EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 11:31 am

I'm okay with the like/dislike system, but I have noticed a problem with it.

If I agree with someone but don't have anything worth adding, that's when I'd usually like their post. BUT when someone else already said in a post that they agree, then it'll be assumed that that person liked it, so I have to make a post anyway just so they know more than one person agreed. At that point the like is pointless because I'd just be agreeing twice.

So maybe it would be good to add a thing to the posts listing the usernames of people who liked the post?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: REF's Like/Dislike System   REF's Like/Dislike System EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 11:37 am

I can't find a way to do that, I've been looking into it for a while now too.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: REF's Like/Dislike System   REF's Like/Dislike System EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 12:11 pm

I was pretty much on the fence about it, but eh, I dont really care that much. It is somewhat humorous and amusing, and im sure it's mainly just Vandal disliking all my posts, he seems to have the jolliest time with this feature.

But I think the hammer has hit the nail on the head, it could literally detract and discourage forum activity. Why dont we also bring back the quick chat thing. That's probably best for business.

@GL, Xangia is an old social networking site much like FB and Myspace. I didnt use it but I knew people that did.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: REF's Like/Dislike System   REF's Like/Dislike System EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 12:35 pm

Absolutely, I also love the fact that you're taking it so seriously that you must use two accounts to like your own posts. That's like masturbating in front of a mirror dude, you're not fooling anyone.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: REF's Like/Dislike System   REF's Like/Dislike System EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 12:44 pm

Vandal wrote:
Absolutely, I also love the fact that you're taking it so seriously that you must use two accounts to like your own posts. That's like masturbating in front of a mirror dude, you're not fooling anyone.

Dayum Vandal, you caught me with my pants down! No pun intended. Actually pun intended. I did use my original account to like my own posts, only once, i'm guilty. Buttt it was an isolated thing, I didn't and dont plan on doing that again. I wasn't trying to fool anyone!
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: REF's Like/Dislike System   REF's Like/Dislike System EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 12:55 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Dayum Vandal, you caught me with my pants down! No pun intended. Actually pun intended. I did use my original account to like my own posts, only once, i'm guilty. Buttt it was an isolated thing, I didn't and dont plan on doing that again. I wasn't trying to fool anyone!
Whatever you say.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REF's Like/Dislike System   REF's Like/Dislike System Empty

Back to top Go down

REF's Like/Dislike System
Page 1 of 1