Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne)

Go down 
+7
Nobudy
37 Narwhals
Vandal
Aegis
Mass Distraction
DXP
ChickenHeart
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) Empty
PostSubject: Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne)   Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:02 pm

Has anyone else purchased one? I got a Playstation 4 tonight. I stopped at Wal-Mart to get some milk and there was one just sitting all alone in the case. I couldn't just let it there all by itself so I bought it. There wasn't a huge selection of games to choose from so I went with Battlefield 4. Considering we're still in the transition period I wasn't expecting my mind to be blown but it looks like there's a lot of potential. I'm not really sold on how much it wants you to be connected via social media though. The first thing it wants you to do when you log into your account is to use your first and last name (you can opt to go by your PS name) and then connect to your Facebook to share achievements. I guess it would be cool if you had a FB profile with all your gaming friends but I'm sure my family members don't really care that I beat the first level of Battlefield 4. I'm also still not happy that I now have to pay to play on the internet but I guess I gotta accept the fact that the days of free online play are about over.

Sidenote: I'm sure someone will say "Why isn't the WiiU included?" It's a terrible system that's why. Nintendo is just lucky it has multiple beloved franchises and a stranglehold on the handheld department. Without those two things Nintendo would be like Sega right now.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne)   Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 12:41 am

Not really all that interested in 'next gen' current gen still has a lot of potential...although if your a glorified graphic whore(not saying you are its just the feeling I get from people i've spoken too about it.) The next gen is the way too go...me i'm more on the PC side of things now..never used to be might get one in the next few years but not really interested at the moment..
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne)   Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 8:13 am

Nope. Waiting for more games, a slim model and a Vita bundle.

If the next RE happens before any of that I might have to change my plans.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Aegis
Zombie
Zombie
Aegis

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne)   Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 10:06 am

Why would a graphic whore go for next gen systems early? The graphics are always the last to catch up. Graphics whores own PCs.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne)   Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 10:44 am

I got the Xbone for a few games, I got Dead Rising 3 and Forza, but honestly, I don't see why they can't also be on the 360. The graphics aren't too great and the kinnect doesn't offer that much honestly.

Kind of waiting on Titanfall though.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne)   Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 12:07 pm

Nah, I'm not really interested in the new consoles. I haven't really seen anything that would justify spending that much money on one, I'd probably be better off just getting a $400 video card for my PC.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne)   Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 12:29 pm

I'm waiting for a price drop. It'll probably take a year or two.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne)   Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 7:05 pm

I'm interested in getting a PS4 but only when more quality exclusives are available.
I've never went out and bought a new console on the first year, it's pointless considering the price of them and the fact that there is nothing to play.
Furthermore I've got a PC for all cross platform titles and that blows the consoles out the water in regards to performance and graphical performance.
I can see this "next gen" ports on PC actually running pretty shit in comparison to last gen.
Console exclusive are seeming like a thing of the past anyway, any game that's a must have seems to be cross platform now and majority of titles are hinted to get a PC port now because the market is increasing so we could seen see franchises like Final Fantasy coming over to the PC and Kojima has already claimed that he is hoping to get future Metal Gear's coming over, so until such games are not available PC only then will I purchase a PS4.
Only exclusives I've seen so far are racing games which I do not care much for and as good as killzone looks and IS, I wouldn't go and buy a PS4 over it.
Ryse is pretty linear gameplay-wise and as far as it's bragging about graphics, it's pretty mediocre and doesn't look to great IMO.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne)   Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 1:51 pm

ChickenHeart wrote:
Has anyone else purchased one? I got a Playstation 4 tonight. I stopped at Wal-Mart to get some milk and there was one just sitting all alone in the case. I couldn't just let it there all by itself so I bought it. There wasn't a huge selection of games to choose from so I went with Battlefield 4. Considering we're still in the transition period I wasn't expecting my mind to be blown but it looks like there's a lot of potential. I'm not really sold on how much it wants you to be connected via social media though. The first thing it wants you to do when you log into your account is to use your first and last name (you can opt to go by your PS name) and then connect to your Facebook to share achievements. I guess it would be cool if you had a FB profile with all your gaming friends but I'm sure my family members don't really care that I beat the first level of Battlefield 4. I'm also still not happy that I now have to pay to play on the internet but I guess I gotta accept the fact that the days of free online play are about over.

Sidenote: I'm sure someone will say "Why isn't the WiiU included?" It's a terrible system that's why. Nintendo is just lucky it has multiple beloved franchises and a stranglehold on the handheld department. Without those two things Nintendo would be like Sega right now.

I agree about the Wii-U. I honestly dont want one, but I need the new Smash Bros. Likewise I dont really care to have an Xbox 1 or Ps4. Ill concentrate on getting a ps3.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne)   Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:27 am

Aegis wrote:
Why would a graphic whore go for next gen systems early? The graphics are always the last to catch up. Graphics whores own PCs.

So I must be a graphic whore yet I play games that are over 16 years old on my pc? Don't tar every PC user/gamer with the same brush that's the last thing you should do... Gaming crowd nowadays is all about graphics never about the game itself that in itself makes me sick.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne)   Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 6:49 am

I still play DooM. I like when Games are Big and Fun, not 5 hours long and only cuz of pretty environments that you won't notice.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne)   Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 8:33 am

Aegis wrote:

So I must be a graphical Whore as well ?
I'm the same as DXP I also play games that like 10 - 15 years old on my PC.
I've also been gaming since a young age and started during the 8-bit era so how does this make me a graphic whore ?
Just because I see the evident profit to gain from having a custom build PC in comparison to playing solely on my consoles and also having a much smoother
gaming experience as a bonus does not make me only care about graphics.
The sad reality is that everywhere you look the demographic of gamers that mostly go on about graphics are Xbox and PS fanboys.
They are at constant hardware war with each other.
PC trolls just jump in to have a bit of fun with the whole "pc master race" thing.
So please, look before you leap next time, okay.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne)   Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 2:20 pm

The only PC fanboy I know of is ChrisRedfieldRE156. :-)

You know, some of my friends are all into mainstream games and always cream their pants when new games are released, and think im weird for being more excited to play an older game, LotR: Two Towers for instance. Which is such a BEAST game! Fight for middle earth!
Back to top Go down
Aegis
Zombie
Zombie
Aegis

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne)   Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 4:43 pm

Wow, calm down ladies. If we would all kindly put on our reading comprehension hats, we would all notice that I did NOT say that anyone owning a PC is a graphic whore. It should have been quite obvious to anyone with a basic knowledge of the English language that the implication was that IF someone is really a graphic whore, they would get a PC. But since you two seem to be so hellbent on getting offended, I have taken it upon myself to soak this post in a strong mixture of condemnation and sarcasm, for your pleasure. By the way, I grew up playing PC games, from the time we only had paint on the old Macs to Oregon Trail up to the original (not Jaguar, so not 100% original) AvP to UT2K3 to Battlefield 1942/Secret Weapons of WWII to freaking Ultima Online (when Renaissance was the most recent version) and the first Diablo when every gamer finally started learning how to hack in the mainstream right up to LoL and Minecraft. I'm not anti-PC at all. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne)   Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 5:17 pm

Aegis wrote:
Wow, calm down ladies. If we would all kindly put on our reading comprehension hats, we would all notice that I did NOT say that anyone owning a PC is a graphic whore. It should have been quite obvious to anyone with a basic knowledge of the English language that the implication was that IF someone is really a graphic whore, they would get a PC. But since you two seem to be so hellbent on getting offended, I have taken it upon myself to soak this post in a strong mixture of condemnation and sarcasm, for your pleasure. By the way, I grew up playing PC games, from the time we only had paint on the old Macs to Oregon Trail up to the original (not Jaguar, so not 100% original) AvP to UT2K3 to Battlefield 1942/Secret Weapons of WWII to freaking Ultima Online (when Renaissance was the most recent version) and the first Diablo when every gamer finally started learning how to hack in the mainstream right up to LoL and Minecraft. I'm not anti-PC at all. Thanks.

Once you have stopped being a sarcastic little asshole and "trying" to give an English lecture to adults when you are still in school, then please kindly look over your comment once again.
"Graphics whores own PCs" and now you are saying "I did NOT say that anyone owning a PC is a graphic whore"
I will just leave they quotes there and let it sink for a while, maybe you will eventually notice your own mistake.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne)   Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 7:28 pm

Mcghie wrote:
Once you have stopped being a sarcastic little asshole and "trying" to give an English lecture to adults when you are still in school, then please kindly look over your comment once again.
"Graphics whores own PCs" and now you are saying "I did NOT say that anyone owning a PC is a graphic whore"
I will just leave they quotes there and let it sink for a while, maybe you will eventually notice your own mistake.
Am I the only one seeing the distinction between both statements? He's saying all graphics whores are PC gamers, not that all PC gamers are graphics whores. Like how all thumbs are fingers, but not all fingers are thumbs.

If somebody's being a sarcastic asswipe, I'm all for treating that person in kind. But in this case, it's you and DXP that seem to be getting defensive and misconstruing Aegis' statements.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne)   Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 8:00 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
Am I the only one seeing the distinction between both statements? He's saying all graphics whores are PC gamers, not that all PC gamers are graphics whores. Like how all thumbs are fingers, but not all fingers are thumbs.

If somebody's being a sarcastic asswipe, I'm all for treating that person in kind. But in this case, it's you and DXP that seem to be getting defensive and misconstruing Aegis' statements.

Im not sure I understand. You mean like howww not every person with a mustache is a child molester but every child molester has a mustache?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne)   Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 9:03 pm

The Spike wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

Im not sure I understand. You mean like howww not every person with a mustache is a child molester but every child molester has a mustache?
Um... no, because not every child molester has a mustache. Neutral 
Back to top Go down
Aegis
Zombie
Zombie
Aegis

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne)   Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 9:07 pm

Ghost is right. I was saying that if someone is really a whore for graphics, they generally get the platform with the best graphics, which is the PC. Therefore, graphics whores own PCs. But not everyone who owns a PC owns it for graphics. Clear as crystal!
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne)   Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 4:13 pm

Aegis wrote:
Ghost is right. I was saying that if someone is really a whore for graphics, they generally get the platform with the best graphics, which is the PC. Therefore, graphics whores own PCs. But not everyone who owns a PC owns it for graphics. Clear as crystal!

If it where written in more a coherent structure then the main point you where trying to put across wouldn't have been misconstrued.
For instance, "Graphic whores tend to go for PC gaming as their platform of choice, as a PC is understandably the more powerful platform in regards to graphical performance" or , " Graphic whores tend to shift towards PC gaming".
The statement "graphic whores own PC's", is very vague and therefore with no connecting evidence explaining that you are not targeting PC gaming in whole but only a small demographic then of course people will get the wrong idea.
I still stand by my original comment, me and DXP had every right to press you on it.
Now that it is explained in better detail everything is fine now and I can now see your intended point that you wished to put across.  
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne)   Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 4:48 pm

Mcghie wrote:
If it where written in more a coherent structure then the main point you where trying to put across wouldn't have been misconstrued.
It was written just fine and the meaning easily understandable. It's not his fault that it went over your head.

Quote :
The statement "graphic whores own PC's", is very vague and therefore with no connecting evidence explaining that you are not targeting PC gaming in whole but only a small demographic then of course people will get the wrong idea.
No, it's not vague at all. Saying graphics whores own PCs is a simple statement of fact, no more vague than saying water is wet or fire is hot.

Quote :
I still stand by my original comment, me and DXP had every right to press you on it.
Your original comment that not all PC gamers are graphics whores? Nobody here made any such claim otherwise, so there was no reason to press anyone on it.
Back to top Go down
Aegis
Zombie
Zombie
Aegis

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne)   Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 5:04 pm

If my original statement was merely vague, one would think the proper response would be to ask for clarification. Instead, you assumed I was trashing on PC owners. Anyway, I think I have hijacked this thread enough. Although we may all have opened the thread up a bit to PC gaming, as well as next gen systems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne)   Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne) Empty

Back to top Go down

Next Gen Systems (PS4/XboxOne)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Others :: Off Topic :: Video Games-
Jump to: