Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Did YOU get GTA V???

Go down 
+11
sirjibbs323
Nobudy
ZombiePrincess
Aegis
Known_Hero
ThomVD
Ghost Leader
DXP
Vandal
Mass Distraction
PWNERX
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Did you get the game or not?!
Yes:
Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 Vote_lcap67%Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 67% [ 10 ]
No:
Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 Vote_lcap33%Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
ZombiePrincess
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ZombiePrincess

Playstation Network MisfitSilentts

Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did YOU get GTA V???   Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 8:12 am

I finally got my copy and I love it so far. Granted, I had to delete my DC Universe Online in order to have room, but that beats deleting all my other save data.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheKidsInYourCorner
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Did YOU get GTA V???   Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 1:50 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I was talking with GL about old characters from the series appearing in the new HD universe. Thought I'd mention a couple more who have apparently made their way from the old GTAIII era to where the series stands now.

First is the band Love Fist from Vice City. Their logo can be seen in the loading screen and there's one side mission that has to do with them.

Next, there's a reference to the Grove Street Family that still might be a thing. If anything, this is the "counterpart" I was talking about. [source]
It's still been only background or "unseen" characters, not major ones, that have crossed over so far. Lazlow (he writes dialogue for the game, so his return in IV was expected), radio host Fernando Martinez, Crow advertised on a billboard, etc.. Same goes for Jock Cranley.

Not Love Fist as a whole, just Willie (with a new spelling). But still, a background character like I said above. And the 80s haven't technically "happened" yet in the GTA IV Era, so it's easy to work in all these GTA Vice City elements (like Love Fist and Lazlow's radio hosting history) as filler material that could be newly-expanded on should Rockstar decide to make another period GTA set in the 80s.

All that is, is graffiti on a wall with, "Welcome back. We missed you last time.", beneath it. It's the developers giving gamers a welcome back to San Andreas. The guys in green are members of the Chamberlain Gangster Families (Franklin and Lamar's gang). They're referred to by the initials "CGF" a few times and Trever in one mission will yell, "Chamberlain Gangsters for life!", during a gunfight.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Did YOU get GTA V???   Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 5:35 pm

I'll be honest about one thing I don't like about GTA is the way of making money. The only near reliable way to get some big cash is via Lester's missions. But before and After that, it's pretty time consuming and/or difficult. People keep saying "Buy stocks", but the stock prices end up going down or they don't go very high before going down again therefore forcing you to sell them without or with a bit of profit. If only the vigilante mission was there. That was how I used to make money.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Did YOU get GTA V???   Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 3:47 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I was talking with GL about old characters from the series appearing in the new HD universe. Thought I'd mention a couple more who have apparently made their way from the old GTAIII era to where the series stands now.

First is the band Love Fist from Vice City. Their logo can be seen in the loading screen and there's one side mission that has to do with them.

Next, there's a reference to the Grove Street Family that still might be a thing. If anything, this is the "counterpart" I was talking about. [source]
It's still been only background or "unseen" characters, not major ones, that have crossed over so far. Lazlow (he writes dialogue for the game, so his return in IV was expected), radio host Fernando Martinez, Crow advertised on a billboard, etc.. Same goes for Jock Cranley.

Not Love Fist as a whole, just Willie (with a new spelling). But still, a background character like I said above. And the 80s haven't technically "happened" yet in the GTA IV Era, so it's easy to work in all these GTA Vice City elements (like Love Fist and Lazlow's radio hosting history) as filler material that could be newly-expanded on should Rockstar decide to make another period GTA set in the 80s.

All that is, is graffiti on a wall with, "Welcome back. We missed you last time.", beneath it. It's the developers giving gamers a welcome back to San Andreas. The guys in green are members of the Chamberlain Gangster Families (Franklin and Lamar's gang). They're referred to by the initials "CGF" a few times and Trever in one mission will yell, "Chamberlain Gangsters for life!", during a gunfight.
Okay, maybe I jupmed the gun on the last one but still. If minor/background characters have alternate versions, that would at least go for the hypotethical possibility of old main characters having alternate versions. Now, I know nothing like that has been shown, but it still doesn't rule out the possibility.

Nobudy wrote:
I'll be honest about one thing I don't like about GTA is the way of making money. The only near reliable way to get some big cash is via Lester's missions. But before and After that, it's pretty time consuming and/or difficult. People keep saying "Buy stocks", but the stock prices end up going down or they don't go very high before going down again therefore forcing you to sell them without or with a bit of profit. If only the vigilante mission was there. That was how I used to make money.
I just keep attacking every armored van I see on the town to get quick buck, in addition to finding the bail jumpers for Maude. Haven't ran out of money yet, except for Franklin because of car tuning. Still, I've gotten a lot of that back via street races and robbing those armored vans.

You used vigilante missions to get money? I used the taxi services Very Happy GTAIII is the only one where I have actually spent a lot of time doing those, though I propably should go back to IV and finish them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Did YOU get GTA V???   Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 5:27 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Okay, maybe I jupmed the gun on the last one but still. If minor/background characters have alternate versions, that would at least go for the hypotethical possibility of old main characters having alternate versions. Now, I know nothing like that has been shown, but it still doesn't rule out the possibility.
We have to go with what the games gives us, and so far they haven't given us anything in regards to Claude, Tommy, CJ, Vic, or Tony.

Quote :
Haven't ran out of money yet, except for Franklin because of car tuning.
Buy the LS Customs up outside of Sandy Shores, you can mod cars for free there.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Did YOU get GTA V???   Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 6:14 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Quote :
Haven't ran out of money yet, except for Franklin because of car tuning.
Buy the LS Customs up outside of Sandy Shores, you can mod cars for free there.
See, the problem is that I don't have enough money to buy any properties. Yet.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Did YOU get GTA V???   Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 8:21 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

Nobudy wrote:
I'll be honest about one thing I don't like about GTA  is the way of making money. The only near reliable way to get some big cash is via Lester's missions. But before and After that, it's pretty time consuming and/or difficult. People keep saying "Buy stocks", but the stock prices end up going down or they don't go very high before going down again therefore forcing you to sell them without or with a bit of profit. If only the vigilante mission was there. That was how I used to make money.
I just keep attacking every armored van I see on the town to get quick buck, in addition to finding the bail jumpers for Maude. Haven't ran out of money yet, except for Franklin because of car tuning. Still, I've gotten a lot of that back via street races and robbing those armored vans.

You used vigilante missions to get money? I used the taxi services :DGTAIII is the only one where I have actually spent a lot of time doing those, though I propably should go back to IV and finish them.
Doing the Vigilante missions in the hunter was the best way to do it. You have unlimited rockets, unlimited auto aiming machine guns, and no need to follow roads since you can fly to your enemies. After some levels, you make 100,000+ in one level. After doing a few hundred levels, you'll max out on the amount of cash you have so you won't need to worry about cash ever again. It took about two hours on average for me. Either way, making money in GTA V is more time consuming than the other games to date IMO.
Back to top Go down
Revan XI9
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Revan XI9

Playstation Network ThanatosXI9

PostSubject: Re: Did YOU get GTA V???   Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 12:13 am

I don't honestly spend much money in that game, but I'm SURE that will change when GTAO releases.
Back to top Go down
http://fallen-writings.tumblr.com/
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Did YOU get GTA V???   Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 9:12 am

Revan XI9 wrote:
I don't honestly spend much money in that game, but I'm SURE that will change when GTAO releases.
What sucks is that money made in GTA:O cam't be carried over to the single player game.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Did YOU get GTA V???   Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 4:55 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Agreed. Just like the abandoned mansion in Alderney was like a tribute to Salvatore Leone-s home in Liberty city, doesn-t mean it existed. They're just little tributes and easter eggs littered around the games. The liberty city families are different, Los Santos is different, elements of the other games exist as reference but are not part of the HD universe. The Grove street in GTA San Andreas is not the same as the Grove Street in GTA V, canonically. A gangster even references the fact that grove street once belonged to the Chamberlain families, but it doesn't confirm the existence of CJ, since Los Santos HD version have the same gangs, and could've had previous historyin that universe. GTA IV, Episodes from Liberty City, and GTA V are all one universe. The 3D era is another.
Back to top Go down
Revan XI9
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Revan XI9

Playstation Network ThanatosXI9

PostSubject: Re: Did YOU get GTA V???   Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 5:44 pm

ZombiePrincess wrote:
I finally got my copy and I love it so far. Granted, I had to delete my DC Universe Online in order to have room, but that beats deleting all my other save data.
I know that feel, I had to as well
Back to top Go down
http://fallen-writings.tumblr.com/
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Did YOU get GTA V???   Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 2:53 am

00biohazard wrote:
GTA IV, Episodes from Liberty City, and GTA V are all one universe.
Don't forget Chinatown Wars. In any case, I dropped my case about the storyline carrying over a few pages ago but I still would like to say that there is nothing that would contradict the possibility of alternate universe versions. Sure, none of it has been shown but the throwbacks and minor characters do point to that direction.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Did YOU get GTA V???   Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 11:18 am

What if the protagonists we have now are HD era versions of the 3D era characters. I'd say Franklin is this Universe's CJ, Johnny is the HD era version of Victor, Micheal to Claude (not counting the mute thing), Trevor as Tommy, I guess Luis could be Toni, and Huang to Mike. Nikko is his own man.
Back to top Go down
Aegis
Zombie
Zombie
Aegis

PostSubject: Re: Did YOU get GTA V???   Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 12:04 pm

How is michael not tommy.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Did YOU get GTA V???   Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 5:10 pm

Michael isn't Tommy or Claude because he's Michael. Same goes for any other comparison. Plain and simple. I'll admit there are some parallels in the personalities of GTA V's protagonists with those of previous games, but they're entirely different characters.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Did YOU get GTA V???   Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 10:47 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Michael isn't Tommy or Claude because he's Michael. Same goes for any other comparison. Plain and simple. I'll admit there are some parallels in the personalities of GTA V's protagonists with those of previous games, but they're entirely different characters.
It was just another multiverse theory I had. One could have a white version of myself with a completely different name and bloodline only being related "multiversally".
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Did YOU get GTA V???   Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 3:11 am

Nobudy wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
It was just another multiverse theory I had. One could have a white version of myself with a completely different name and bloodline only being related "multiversally".
Ever seen The One? Something like that?
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Did YOU get GTA V???   Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 3:45 am

Nobudy wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Through this...I can be Turok.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Did YOU get GTA V???   Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 5:38 am

Okay, don't misinterpret this as me being snippy, but this is getting ridiculous now. The GTA III Era protagonists do not presently exist in the current series of games unless the developers specifically say so, which they have not (IIRC, a link to one of the Rockstar Q&As I posted in the other topic explained why they went with new characters instead of rehashing old ones). There's no multi-verse or other alternate universes or a dozen Jet Lis running around or anything like that, GTA IV was a reboot of the franchise because current gen consoles could create larger, more detailed game worlds and it would make no sense for a game industry leader like Rockstar Games to not take advantage of this. Why is this so difficult to accept? Just about every new Final Fantasy game that comes out is a standalone with no canon connection to its predecessor, yet no one seems to have any issue accepting that Cloud and Tidus and Tifa and Yuna don't exist in the same world. Big deal, they threw in some background characters for background roles. Willie from Love Fist shows up in one mission where Trevor punches his lights out. Jock Cranley is a voice on the radio and a face on billboards. I didn't even know what Lazlow looked like until 2009.

And just for additional point-proving, this graffiti can be found in several run-down apartments in GTA IV.

http://www.grandtheftwiki.com/images/RIP_graffiti_%28GTA4%29.png

Note in a couple of places it quite clearly reads "RIP Toni" and "RIP Claude".

Last edited by Ghost Leader on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Did YOU get GTA V???   Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 5:46 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Okay, don't misinterpret this as me being snippy, but this is getting ridiculous now. The GTA III Era protagonists do not presently exist in the current series of games unless the developers specifically say so, which they have not (IIRC, a link to one of the Rockstar Q&As I posted in the other topic explained why they went with new characters instead of rehashing old ones). There's no multi-verse or other alternate universes or a dozen Jet Lis running around or anything like that, GTA IV was a reboot of the franchise because current gen consoles could create larger, more detailed game worlds and it would make no sense for a game industry leader like Rockstar Games to not take advantage of this. Why is this so difficult to accept? Just about every new Final Fantasy game that comes out is a standalone with no canon connection to its predecessor, yet no one seems to have any issue accepting that Cloud and Tidus and Tifa and Yuna don't exist in the same world. Big deal, they threw in some background characters for background roles. Willie from Love Fist shows up in one mission where Trevor punches his lights out. Jock Cranley is a voice on the radio and a face on billboards. I didn't even know what Lazlow looked like until 2009.

And just for additional point-proving, this graffiti can be found in several run-down apartments in GTA IV.

http://www.grandtheftwiki.com/images/RIP_graffiti_%28GTA4%29.png

Note in a couple of places it quite clearly reads "RIP Toni" and "RIP Claude".
I don't play Final Fantasy, but I do know of it. So, I wouldn't know how their structure of canon would be. Nor would I know about the characters. I always assumed the graffiti meant that the 3D era was over, and it won't be coming back.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Did YOU get GTA V???   Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 6:41 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
There's no multi-verse or other alternate universes or a dozen Jet Lis running around or anything like that
I want to point out that when I said "something like The One" I meant Nobudy's comment about multiple versions of himself. I wasn't talking about the games anymore, I think I have made my point about the whole deal already.

As for your comment about Cloud, Tidus, Tifa and Yuna... Funny thing, they actually do exist in the same world. I can't believe you actually picked the two FF games that actually take place in the same universe, just in different time periods xD
Back to top Go down
sirjibbs323
Cerberus
Cerberus

Playstation Network sirjibs323

PostSubject: Re: Did YOU get GTA V???   Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 6:47 am

so online is up people character customisation is god awful the only good thing i saw so far is u can depoist money from your phone
Back to top Go down
Aegis
Zombie
Zombie
Aegis

PostSubject: Re: Did YOU get GTA V???   Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 7:04 am

i think I saw tommy in a cutscenes in GTA v.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Did YOU get GTA V???   Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 1:22 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
As for your comment about Cloud, Tidus, Tifa and Yuna... Funny thing, they actually do exist in the same world. I can't believe you actually picked the two FF games that actually take place in the same universe, just in different time periods xD
Okay then, Cloud and Lightning don't exist in the same world.

Aegis wrote:
i think I saw tommy in a cutscenes in GTA v.
Pics or it didn't happen.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Did YOU get GTA V???   Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 6:14 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Okay then, Cloud and Lightning don't exist in the same world.
Much better Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did YOU get GTA V???   Did YOU get GTA V??? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Did YOU get GTA V???
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Others :: Off Topic :: Video Games-
Jump to: