HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???

Go down 
+11
White Rock
Nobudy
Industrial Ridden
PAULSAMSON
Ghost Leader
Vandal
37 Narwhals
NiteKrawler
Mass Distraction
PWNERX
TwerkinBirkin
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 1:01 am

00biohazard wrote:
Silent Hill Downpour came out not so long ago, the game wasn't EXACTLY golden era silent hill, but it was a fine piece of artistic horror, it was great, and while the gameplay wasn't the smoothest, the simple yet effective story, the eeriness of the ambient and the music made the game different, modern and terrifying. But I read somewhere that the sales weren't very great, even though the game got positive reviews. I don't think there's room in this ADD, stupid COD nine year old tailored market for games with true horror and artistic merit.
I'm guessing a part of the reason for the poor sales is the fact that the game was released unfinished. It was glitchy, had lots of bugs and for some people was practically unplayable. That's why I didn't buy it myself until it had been fully patched and even now it still suffers from random glitching and framerate drops. They rushed the game and it cost them.

The same reasons affected the sales of the HD Collection, which never even got patched on the XBox because f*** you. Thankfully the PS3 version that I have got patched but even then, it's still suffering from the same problems as Downpour, minus the framerate drops.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 1:08 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
00biohazard wrote:
Silent Hill Downpour came out not so long ago, the game wasn't EXACTLY golden era silent hill, but it was a fine piece of artistic horror, it was great, and while the gameplay wasn't the smoothest, the simple yet effective story, the eeriness of the ambient and the music made the game different, modern and terrifying. But I read somewhere that the sales weren't very great, even though the game got positive reviews. I don't think there's room in this ADD, stupid COD nine year old tailored market for games with true horror and artistic merit.
I'm guessing a part of the reason for the poor sales is the fact that the game was released unfinished. It was glitchy, had lots of bugs and for some people was practically unplayable. That's why I didn't buy it myself until it had been fully patched and even now it still suffers from random glitching and framerate drops. They rushed the game and it cost them.

The same reasons affected the sales of the HD Collection, which never even got patched on the XBox because f*** you. Thankfully the PS3 version that I have got patched but even then, it's still suffering from the same problems as Downpour, minus the framerate drops.
I played Dowmpour No prob :S
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 3:41 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
00biohazard wrote:

My HD Collection doesn't bug up in any way. AND it is the unpatched Xbox version.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 5:58 am

00biohazard wrote:
So you have absolutely no lagging or twitching during gameplay or when the game is loading new areas?

PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
00biohazard wrote:

My HD Collection doesn't bug up in any way. AND it is the unpatched Xbox version.
It's still unfinished. Say whatever you want but it is a commonly known fact that a lot of the art assets and such (parts of the fog, for example) are broken or missing due to it having been developed from an unfinished code. Konami even went as far as giving out a free game from their catalogue to everyone who decided to send the game back to them.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 8:10 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
00biohazard wrote:
So you have absolutely no lagging or twitching during gameplay or when the game is loading new areas?

PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
00biohazard wrote:

It's still unfinished. Say whatever you want but it is a commonly known fact that a lot of the art assets and such (parts of the fog, for example) are broken or missing due to it having been developed from an unfinished code. Konami even went as far as giving out a free game from their catalogue to everyone who decided to send the game back to them.
Can I has Contra III???Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 8:44 am

I doubt they are doing it anymore and it was a specific list including some of their latest games.
Back to top Go down
Deagle50
Zombie
Zombie
Deagle50

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 2:04 pm

I heard that if the new RE doesn't sell like the first few, that they may abandon
the series.

@PWNERX : I think I know where you stole that sign lol! 
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 2:18 pm

Capcom's expectations are way too high.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 2:23 pm

Vandal wrote:
Capcom's expectations are way too high.
Capcom's expectations for there games...
are too damn high!!
Back to top Go down
Deagle50
Zombie
Zombie
Deagle50

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 2:32 pm

Well, I hope they can pull it off.

The guy that told me this is obsessed with anything RE, and he wouldn't joke
about something like this.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 2:55 pm

Deagle50 wrote:

Hmm, I would need to find a link before I can believe that to be frank.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 3:56 pm

Deagle50 wrote:
I heard that if the new RE doesn't sell like the first few, that they may abandon
the series.
If it isn't profitable, then I'm sure they'll give up eventually. However, selling like the first few won't fix the problem. Sales are doing just as well as they've always done, and half of Capcom's top ten selling games are still RE games (5,2,6,3, and 1, in that order). The problem is that Capcom is spending much more money to make them now.

Sales reference http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 9:56 pm

I see a trend here. Notice that 5 and 2 are the most selling games while 6 and 3 trail behind. Five and Two were more polished versions of their roots. Six and Three continued the trend, while one was a root of its own. Capcom might just try something new with 7.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 6:46 am

Nobudy wrote:
I see a trend here. Notice that 5 and 2 are the most selling games while 6 and 3 trail behind. Five and Two were more polished versions of their roots. Six and Three continued the trend, while one was a root of its own. Capcom might just try something new with 7.
This was exactly my trilogy theory I had with Resident Evil. Spoke with a friend about it last night; Code Veronica was supposed to be Resident Evil 3 and Capcom was tempted to put a number after Resident Evil Revelations. It was the game that fans wanted.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 11:47 am

Where's 4 on that list of most selling games? I swear it is still the best selling RE with all of its versions.

Vandal wrote:
Deagle50 wrote:

Hmm, I would need to find a link before I can believe that to be frank.
I'll second that. Everything on the internet needs a credible source to be verified.

Vandal wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
This was exactly my trilogy theory I had with Resident Evil. Spoke with a friend about it last night; Code Veronica was supposed to be Resident Evil 3 and Capcom was tempted to put a number after Resident Evil Revelations. It was the game that fans wanted.
It was not. I think I've already proven this theory wrong. The developers only feel it is the true sequel but it was never intended as such. Also, I need a source on Capcom wanting to have make Revelations a numbered title.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 2:53 pm

I believe it's somewhere in this interview, and I misspoke; it wasn't Capcom wanting to have number behind it, it was the game developers.

I currently don't have time to watch it. But I think it's this interview.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 3:25 pm

It would definitely help if that video was in English or at least had proper subtitles Razz
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 3:58 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Well they did say they would consider an open world game, or a reboot. It seems like Capcom just wants to follow the latest trends now.

Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 6:57 pm

^Believe me, it's just business. In today's world, most businesses go for the majority market in order to hope for profits. If you're part of the minority, you can kiss those requests goodbye.

Back on topic though. From the looks of some of these posts, it looks like some of you regard 4, 5, and 6 as bad games just because it's not survival horror. How good or bad a game is isn't dependent on the genre. It's the core gameplay and features.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 11:18 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
It would definitely help if that video was in English or at least had proper subtitles Razz
Ou wow. Alright, yeah. I'll have to find a translated version for you.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 5:22 am

Vandal wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Ou wow. Alright, yeah. I'll have to find a translated version for you.
In the over-spoken words of Duke Nukem, "Where is it?"
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 7:08 am

I can't for the life of me find that interview with subtitles for some reason...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???   Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ??? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil returning to survival horror??? ???
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2