Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil Secrets EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil Secrets EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil Secrets EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil Secrets EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil Secrets EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil Secrets EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil Secrets EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil Secrets EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil Secrets EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil Secrets

Go down 
+11
Mullet_Wesker
MSR
zeolite
Ssplain
Shrike
hunter destroyer
Mass Distraction
PWNERX
Ghost Leader
Nobudy
Vandal
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Resident Evil Secrets Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 3:26 pm

Ever find a secret in Resident Evil that isn't really well known? Post it here.

In my last playthrough in Resident Evil 4, right before you fight the garrador for the first time, look through the windows upstairs until you find the shotgun shells hidden in the rafters. Shoot it to acquire it in the jail.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 5:07 pm

Vandal wrote:
Ever find a secret in Resident Evil that isn't really well known? Post it here.

In my last playthrough in Resident Evil 4, right before you fight the garrador for the first time, look through the windows upstairs until you find the shotgun shells hidden in the rafters. Shoot it to acquire it in the jail.
I don't think many people knew that. I did however, but I'm not the majority.

In RE2 Leon B, in the save room right before you go down that elevator with Ada in the sewers, there's a warehouse Leon can go down into. To light up the warehouse you need the lighter which Leon thankfully has in his gender-space free-space.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 5:26 pm

Nobudy wrote:
In RE2 Leon B, in the save room right before you go down that elevator with Ada in the sewers, there's a warehouse Leon can go down into. To light up the warehouse you need the lighter which Leon thankfully has in his gender-space free-space.
That one is pretty well known.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 5:39 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
That one is pretty well known.
I guess my senses were right. I always had a feeling a lot would know.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 6:59 pm

How about the Muffed up shotgun and other random items in RE4, only accessible by a Ditman glitch off the Secret Merchant Hut by the lake. Also, shoot the lake enough before the boss and you WILL die.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 7:13 pm

PWNERX wrote:
How about the Muffed up shotgun and other random items in RE4, only accessible by a Ditman glitch off the Secret Merchant Hut by the lake. Also, shoot the lake enough before the boss and you WILL die.
In the PS3 and 360 version of the game, there's a trophy/achievement for shooting the lake. I guess it used to be more secret beforehand.

The Ada's shotgun and the other random stuff in RE4 was probably mostly know only by the RE4 PC players thanks to easier modding and trainers.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 7:29 pm

Nobudy wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
In the PS3 and 360 version of the game, there's a trophy/achievement for shooting the lake. I guess it used to be more secret beforehand.

The Ada's shotgun and the other random stuff in RE4 was probably mostly know only by the RE4 PC players thanks to easier modding and trainers.

I used the PS2. And, Nemesis is Left Handed. Is that a secret?
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 7:32 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

Even better (except lack of GameCube visuals and realtime cutscenes). Not entirely, but I feel like most people ignore it even though it's a hint on how Nemesis can be dodged. It's also on some F.A.Qs.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 7:40 pm

Nobudy wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

Even better (except lack of GameCube visuals and realtime cutscenes). Not entirely, but I feel like most people ignore it even though it's a hint on how Nemesis can be dodged. It's also on some F.A.Qs.

Um, the hidden death sequence from shooting Luis Sera?
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 8:03 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

Um, the hidden death sequence from shooting Luis Sera?
Plenty of videos of that on youtube.lol!  Don't feel bad. The Resident Evil series is as old as I am (literally I was born the day after the first game came out).
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 9:38 pm

(I'm running out of secrets!)
The rumored Juan Raval in CVX Battle Game? Or that Gold Lugers do Headshots??
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 10:24 pm

PWNERX wrote:
(I'm running out of secrets!)
The rumored Juan Raval in CVX Battle Game? Or that Gold Lugers do Headshots??
The Lugers were posted on some FAQ, but I don't think that many people were interested. Then again, getting the linear launcher for battle game is a trophy/achievement. So people might look into it more. I'm not sure about the Rodrigo reveal. I tried it a few times in 1st person, but it never worked for me.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 3:11 am

You can find a zombified Wesker in the Battle Game of the saturn port of RE1. There's also a zombified Wesker that can be found in Survivor 2.

PWNERX wrote:
Nemesis is Left Handed. Is that a secret?
Every single tyrant is left handed, it's not a secret at all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
hunter destroyer
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
hunter destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 4:39 am

When Ada has to defeat Saddler in seperate ways, you can deafeat him by simply standing next to him and slashing the living hell outta him with your knife. Not sure if this is actually a secret.

Last edited by hunter destroyer on Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 6:15 am

Tofu swears in Japanese!! Birkin I and the Mega Gator can still kill you if you are using the 'Invincible' code on RE2 64.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 6:32 am

Uh, I guess I know a lot, just not sure what people do know. I'll just post some.

Krauser is easily killed by knife. Especially before his hand mutates, when he runs into you just knife him.

Uroboros Mkno can be one-shot with a rocket launcher (so if you want to reduce the pain in the ass of that fight save that RL you found in the marshlands). So can Salazar, so save that RL you found in the castle for him, if you want to. I usually don't kill bosses this way because I found it not-so-challenging, but generally it's cool to do this because you all probably finished the game a million times. Last time I played 5, for example, I finished Pro without any purchases and with a clean start (no buying Hydra etc), so I doubt I can get a bigger challenge.

Items in Nemesis are randomly placed sometimes, as you all know. It's not really random altogether though, because if a red herb wasn't in some place you found it last time, it is on another (usually, red and some greed herbs and gun powders can be in one of the two spots). If you, for example, don't find red herbs on the second floor of the RPD near the STARS room, they WILL be in the floor below where zombie hands grab you in RE2. If you encounter Carlos in the newspaper office for the first time and not in the restaurant, choose the option to get out through the window when Nemesis appears to get 2 red herbs which you normally can't reach. However, you won't have Carlos' help defeating Nemesis if you want a drop. Etc etc. There are many things which depend on your actions in Nemesis, which is awesome. Not to mention all the gun powder mixes.

There is various hidden ammo in RE2, and it would take too long to type it all down. I posted my RE2 Hard walkthrough in the videos section of the forum, you can find everything you need there.

There is a way to kill the alligator in RE2 with a knife, but it's very hard. He just runs away in that case, making a hole in the wall. It is needed for the knife run though.

Uh... that's about it, I guess. There are many 'secrets' but I am guessing you guys knew about most of them.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:03 am

In Resident Evil 0, you can skip the scorpion by walking out the door and coming back. Like as if the scorpion got bored and walked away.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:39 am

A lot of people couldn't find the Secret Costume room in REmake. It is inside the room with the 1f map.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:58 am

Vandal wrote:
In Resident Evil 0, you can skip the scorpion by walking out the door and coming back. Like as if the scorpion got bored and walked away.
Do you get anything from killing it? Because then it would at least make some sense to be able to skip it.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 10:02 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Do you get anything from killing it? Because then it would at least make some sense to be able to skip it.
To my knowledge no, it just seemed like a huge waste of ammo. Even if it did drop something, I'd rather have my shotgun shells and health, thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 10:07 am

Vandal wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Vandal wrote:
To my knowledge no, it just seemed like a huge waste of ammo. Even if it did drop something, I'd rather have my shotgun shells and health, thank you very much.
I dunno, the drops from Nemesis were really useful in RE3.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 10:12 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Vandal wrote:
I dunno, the drops from Nemesis were really useful in RE3.
Sure you can get gun parts and other things that will help you kill things faster and with less rounds in RE3, but that mechanic isn't even apart of Resident Evil 0, and you get the Grenade Launcher and Shotgun anyway, so fighting him is kind of useless. If you get ammo and health after killing him then you might as well have not fight him to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:20 am

Shrike wrote:
Uh, I guess I know a lot, just not sure what people do know. I'll just post some.

Krauser is easily killed by knife. Especially before his hand mutates, when he runs into you just knife him.

Uroboros Mkno can be one-shot with a rocket launcher (so if you want to reduce the pain in the ass of that fight save that RL you found in the marshlands). So can Salazar, so save that RL you found in the castle for him, if you want to. I usually don't kill bosses this way because I found it not-so-challenging, but generally it's cool to do this because you all probably finished the game a million times. Last time I played 5, for example, I finished Pro without any purchases and with a clean start (no buying Hydra etc), so I doubt I can get a bigger challenge.

Items in Nemesis are randomly placed sometimes, as you all know. It's not really random altogether though, because if a red herb wasn't in some place you found it last time, it is on another (usually, red and some greed herbs and gun powders can be in one of the two spots). If you, for example, don't find red herbs on the second floor of the RPD near the STARS room, they WILL be in the floor below where zombie hands grab you in RE2. If you encounter Carlos in the newspaper office for the first time and not in the restaurant, choose the option to get out through the window when Nemesis appears to get 2 red herbs which you normally can't reach. However, you won't have Carlos' help defeating Nemesis if you want a drop. Etc etc. There are many things which depend on your actions in Nemesis, which is awesome. Not to mention all the gun powder mixes.

There is various hidden ammo in RE2, and it would take too long to type it all down. I posted my RE2 Hard walkthrough in the videos section of the forum, you can find everything you need there.

There is a way to kill the alligator in RE2 with a knife, but it's very hard. He just runs away in that case, making a hole in the wall. It is needed for the knife run though.

Uh... that's about it, I guess. There are many 'secrets' but I am guessing you guys knew about most of them.
I think many people knew about the knife. Some Fridge Brilliance here. Leon saying "Use knives next time. They work better for close encounters." might have been some foreshadow.

I figured out the Urobouros cheat path a few weeks back, but that's some good info.

Hidden ammo in RE2?

I always had a feeling that 'gator could be killed with the knife, but I didn't think it was like that.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 8:21 am

I remembered one more thing about RE4. Some of you know this I am sure, but still : you can kill the fish that you can see swimming around in different areas and use them as health. I remember shooting them for fun, and when I saw I could pick them up I was like "Huh, awesome."
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 9:56 am

Flash bombs kill the murders in re4. You can stock up on ammo this way.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Secrets   Resident Evil Secrets Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil Secrets
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next