HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script

Go down 
+12
Limey
Ghost Leader
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Mass Distraction
Outbreakgirl
SWITCHMYND
halestride
Industrial Ridden
Shrike
Known_Hero
PWNERX
RebelliousQueen
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script Empty
PostSubject: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 11:43 pm

The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script George_romero_01
What was really happened behind Romero’s script?

Still the issue of George Romero’s script isn’t over. Honestly, many fans we’re angry because he was fired, and his script is rejected for some many pointless reason.

The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script Movies_paul_ws_anderson

It is said that Paul W.S Anderson re-writes his script and used some of George idea’s it in his own film. Did Paul W.S Anderson stole George Romero’s Script? The truth behind George Romero's original script, and many more. Let’s find out.

http://www.retrojunk.com/article/show/3239/george-romeros-resident-evil

If you wanna see the real, and original script of Romero. Here it is, you might wanna have a look.

http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/resident_evil_romero.html

The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script George-romero-resident-evil

Facts Information:

George Romero is the original director of the film.

In 1999, Romero was hired to write and direct
Resident Evil, but after turning in his script, he was fired from both duties.

George Romero is fired, and rejected only because his script is more on ‘horror base.’

The producers just didn’t like Romero’s script. According to the director, they wanted a more action-oriented "war movie" rather than the horror movie he planned.

Capcom’s producer didn't like his script.

Capcom producer Yoshiki Okamoto has stated simply that "Romero’s
script wasn’t good."

George Romero is fired. While Paul W.S Anderson takes in charge of everything

The Resident Evil movie franchise is at four films and counting, with the creative thrust
coming from writer/director Paul W.S. Anderson, a filmmaker with a decidedly more shoddy critical following than Romero. However, the series remains profitable, so there doesn't appear to be any desire to rock the boat by including Romero in the mix.

What are your thoughts about this? We wanna hear it. If ever George Romero made the Resident Evil films. It will surely successful as his other films too. The script of Romero served as a evidence to what Paul W.S Anderson did. Paul isn't guilty about it, and he is not even aware of it. He just ignore this kind of issue. I hope there is justice in all this. It's just really unfair.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 8:15 pm

George R.'s was more closer to classic RE, Anderson's series was...*FUCKING* horrible.

One similarity between the two? They are both Evil people for killing Barry F'n Burton.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 8:29 am

I don't like Romero's interpretation of Jill. Basically, she needed her boyfriend,Chris, to come and save her. Kinda makes her look weak. I also hate Chris and Jill as a couple. I hate forced romances in general. 

So, Jill was on a secret mission? I didn't understand that part. I probably should've read the script before making this post Smile
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 10:53 am

Hm. Seems as though that a RE movie titled 'Origins' that is live action, horror based, and also based off of the RE's 0 and 1, with an altered way of showing Chris, Jill, Rebecca, and Wesker's sides of the story kinda like Romero, only having segments Rebecca+Billy, Wesker+Birkin, STARS Alpha pre-mansion, Rebecca+Billy post-train, Wesker+Alpha at touchdown in forest/Joeseph's death, Rebecca+Richard at mansion/east wing 2f., Jill+Barry/west wing 1f., Chris+Rebecca+Richard death/west wing 2f.,Jill alone->Jill+Chris Gaurdhouse, Jill+Barry/Chris+Rebecca vs plant 42, Jill+Chris Mansion pt.2, Jill+Barry/east wing 1f., Chris+Wesker Caves, Jill+Barry+Scientist survivor+Enrico's death/caves,Jill+Chris+Barry+Rebecca+Scientist survivors/lab entrance, Jill+Barry/activate power/lab, Chris+Rebecca/search for cure/Scientist death/lab, Jill+Barry+Wesker Betrayal/Wesker fakes death/Barry wounded/Tyrant downed, Chris+Rebecca+last scientist survivor/Tyrant battle prt2/Tyrant trapped/Scientist killed/last T-Antibody recovered, Barry+Jill+Chris+Rebecca attempt escape after Tyrant escapes BOW holding cell/activates emergancy s. Destruct due to Tyrant rampage,last stand/Vial destroyed by Tyrant/Chris knocked unconscious/Rebecca almost killed+saved by Barry/Jill and Chris down Tyrant temporarily w/enough time for Brad to drop M66. Tyrant destroyed/ the 4 escape. After credits Wesker seen alive in the forest, with Blood red eyes.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 12:09 pm

It really isn't good, but it's still better then what Anderson gave. Didn't like Chris+Jill, nor the general characterization (especially Wesker's).
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 9:54 pm

Capcom didn't like his script? WAT?
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 11:58 am

Known_Hero wrote:
I don't like Romero's interpretation of Jill. Basically, she needed her boyfriend,Chris, to come and save her. Kinda makes her look weak. I also hate Chris and Jill as a couple. I hate forced romances in general.

So, Jill was on a secret mission? I didn't understand that part. I probably should've read the script before making this post Smile
Yes. You should read the script first. It is more on horror-base. But you know it's still better. I would love to see Chris, Wesker, Jill than to see what, Project Alice? Anderson is clearly obsessed on his wife, making six films straight just because for her.
Back to top Go down
halestride
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 4:31 pm

I dont think i can understand right now how badass if they still kept george romeros script.
Back to top Go down
http://gamergeneration.forumotion.com/
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 1:10 pm

SWITCHMYND wrote:
I dont think i can understand right now how badass if they still kept george romeros script.
The only thing I don't like in Romero's script is more on chit-chat. But overall I guess it is better than Anderson's.
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 6:43 pm

i'm pretty sure the movie would have been a lot better than Anderson's, Even with all of Romero's chit chat,..... sigh man that would of been something interesting to see.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 10:29 am

SWITCHMYND wrote:
i'm pretty sure the movie would have been a lot better than Anderson's, Even with all of Romero's chit chat,..... sigh man that would of been something interesting to see.
Definitely true. If this was happen to be a film I would love to watch it.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 10:35 am

Miss Claire Redfield wrote:
SWITCHMYND wrote:
Must not allow Barry to die! I WILL SELF DESTRUCT! I HAS THIS!! I HAS IT!! I-

*George hangs up.*

He's not gonna listen.
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 12:07 pm

SWITCHMYND wrote:
It would be a whole new look.Plus he knows how to handle his actors and pick good ones.
Back to top Go down
Outbreakgirl
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Outbreakgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 12:50 pm

In my opinion, these are the dumbest reasons as to why Romero's script was rejected. It's like asking a beaver to build you dam and when it's done, you tore it back down because you didn't want it in the first place.
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 12:53 pm

Outbreakgirl wrote:
In my opinion, these are the dumbest reasons as to why Romero's script was rejected. It's like asking a beaver to build you dam and when it's done, you tore it back down because you didn't want it in the first place.
I like that lol, they just wanted to fuck up resident evil thats the real reason it was turned down.
Back to top Go down
Outbreakgirl
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Outbreakgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 1:02 pm

SWITCHMYND wrote:
Outbreakgirl wrote:
I like that lol, they just wanted to fuck up resident evil thats the real reason it was turned down.
So they wanted to ruin Resident Evil, even the guys at Capcom just for the heck of it?
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 1:51 pm

PWNERX wrote:
SWITCHMYND wrote:

*George hangs up.*

He's not gonna listen.
Yeah. I mean that is the dumbiest thing Anderson did. Putting Barry Burton in his film, and I hear that after a couple of minutes he is dead. Look what he did to Leon? He looked like a retard. No wonder his films are like garbage. I want Romero's
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 4:11 pm

PWNERX wrote:
SWITCHMYND wrote:

*George hangs up.*

He's not gonna listen.
Yeah. I mean that is the dumbiest thing Anderson did. Putting Barry Burton in his film, and I hear that after a couple of minutes he is dead. Look what he did to Leon? He looked like a retard. No wonder his films are like garbage. I want Romero's
OH i know right leons actor sucked so damn bad! barrys actor was like the best of the movie and they kill him off within mins like you said.

@ outbreak, capcom was on drugs when all these went down lol, but i can say the first movie was ok so maybe capcom was thinking it would be ok, but there are thousands of people that love Andersons movies and capcoms not going to turn down money.
Back to top Go down
Outbreakgirl
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Outbreakgirl

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 9:29 pm

SWITCHMYND wrote:
capcom was on drugs when all these went down lol, but i can say the first movie was ok so maybe capcom was thinking it would be ok, but there are thousands of people that love Andersons movies  and capcoms not going to turn down money.
Yeah I admit the first one was decent...but what were they thinking when they look over the script for the second movie? What were they smoking?
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 9:32 pm

Outbreakgirl wrote:
SWITCHMYND wrote:
capcom was on drugs when all these went down lol, but i can say the first movie was ok so maybe capcom was thinking it would be ok, but there are thousands of people that love Andersons movies  and capcoms not going to turn down money.
Yeah I admit the first one was decent...but what were they thinking when they look over the script for the second movie?  What were they smoking?
Thats a great question!
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 5:26 am

SWITCHMYND wrote:
Outbreakgirl wrote:
SWITCHMYND wrote:
Yeah I admit the first one was decent...but what were they thinking when they look over the script for the second movie?  What were they smoking?
Thats a great question!
Tried going to their home once. Someone kept saying "Dave's not here".
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 8:28 am

I just saw Land of the Dead and it was awesome, I don't care what anyone else says. It was the best zombie movie I've seen since Zombie Land (I think) and even that was more about the people than the whole zombie deal. A campy RE movie would've been ace.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 10:23 am

Kevin Durrand made a good Barry Li Bing Bing is fine too, for being Ada. Well, back to the topic. I gotta admit Anderson's first film is fine. The second is annoying, mostly the third one. I can't stand Extinction.
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 4:25 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I just saw Land of the Dead and it was awesome, I don't care what anyone else says. It was the best zombie movie I've seen since Zombie Land (I think) and even that was more about the people than the whole zombie deal. A campy RE movie would've been ace.
Hell yes i completely agree with you its an awesome movie.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 9:23 pm

Kevin Durrand made a good Barry Li Bing Bing is fine too, for being Ada. Well, back to the topic. I gotta admit Anderson's first film is fine. The second is annoying, mostly the third one. I can't stand Extinction.
Actually i agree 1st one is pretty good, i never miss the chance to watch it when its on. It really is scary and has that Horror Survival kind of mood, Though performance of the lead actress is terrible (i really dont understand what went wrong with Milla, cs she is awesome in 5th element, she's very funny and she is ACTING, but ever since then it just seems as if she memorizes the lines and tells em in front of camera, without any sort of emotion, or if there is an emotion it seems really fake). Second one was not that bad either. If not the ending, it also had some creepy parts and yes 3d one is bad, but not near as bad as the ones that follow it. So i guess if Anderson stopped on those three, they would have been pretty watchable trilogy and not a shame that it is now.

As for Durrand well i cant see burton in him, I always considered Brendan Gleeson to be the best cast for Barry Burton, i mean he looks and sounds just like Barry.

And as for Romeros script, i think it still has a chance, when this whole Anderson/Jovovic thing is done, it most definitely wont have such a vast audience as Andersons RE has (thus it wont need that much budget) but i think that we might one day see it on the big screen, if Romero will be still alive.

Yes it is heartbreaking that such a legend of horror films never had his chance to work on a RE film, but if you look at it from a different angle, his version of RE would have never had such an enormous popularity around the world and RE movie would have turned into an another B movie, so thats the reason why Capcom went Andersons way i guess . . .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script   The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script Empty

Back to top Go down

The Truth Behind George Romero’s Resident Evil Film Script
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next