Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE2 given to much praise! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE2 given to much praise! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE2 given to much praise! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE2 given to much praise! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE2 given to much praise! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE2 given to much praise! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE2 given to much praise! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE2 given to much praise! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE2 given to much praise! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE2 given to much praise!

Go down 
+7
Shrike
Vandal
Nobudy
Ssplain
RebelliousQueen
treecko1111
Jamesy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

RE2 given to much praise! Empty
PostSubject: RE2 given to much praise!   RE2 given to much praise! EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 1:34 pm

Does anyone feel that RE2 was a bit overrated? I thought it was a good game but I liked RE3 much more and having to escape from that stalker monster throughout the game was scary and challenging.  RE2 has a cult following but I don't think its the best RE game made by any means.  Granted I found it better than RE5, RE0, Darkside Chronicles and even the 1996 resident evil 1 game.  Code Veronica, RE3, RE6 (yes liking RE6 more than RE 2 is nuts), RE1 remake, RE4, Umbrella Chronicles and revelations I found to be a more enjoyable experience in my opinion.

I could be biased because I got into the resident evil series when the RE1 Remake came out in 2002.
Back to top Go down
treecko1111
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
treecko1111

Steam : treecko1111

PostSubject: Re: RE2 given to much praise!   RE2 given to much praise! EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 1:44 pm

Re2 is a little overrated. Granted, the only reason why I find it enjoyable is because it is just so painful to try to unlock HUNK... I don't really think it was very good, but it was still my favorite Re game for the same reason.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: RE2 given to much praise!   RE2 given to much praise! EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 1:59 pm

treecko1111 wrote:
Re2 is a little overrated. Granted, the only reason why I find it enjoyable is because it is just so painful to try to unlock HUNK... I don't really think it was very good, but it was still my favorite Re game for the same reason.

I wonder would RE2 be the best RE game ever if it was remade with current generation computer game graphics?  Then again though you could ask that question about Code Veronica and RE3 if they were given a remake?

Just imagine if they did a second remake of the RE1 2002 game Shocked 
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: RE2 given to much praise!   RE2 given to much praise! EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 4:19 pm

If Resident Evil 2 is given too much praise I believe that the game deserved it more than the others. I am a Resident Evil 2, and 3 fan. I really liked Resident Evil 2, ofcourse Claire is there that's already counted for. But because the game itself has a great concept, and overall it was really very good. Well, I'm having no doubt about the game giving too much praise.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: RE2 given to much praise!   RE2 given to much praise! EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 4:13 pm

I do not think it is givin too much praise. It did so much right. It introduced many famous locations. It introduced us to Raccoon City, the Police Station, and the Umbrella facility underneath the city. They brilliantly tied it all together as well. Brian Irons was working in the RPD covering for Umbrella. They used the sewage plant as a passage into the underground labs, which was a very nice touch that connected it all. It introduced lickers, a trademark of Resident Evil now and a fan favorite monster. It gave us William Birkin and his G-virus. It introduced Leon, Claire, Sherry, Ada, and Hunk!
The soundtrack, oh the soundtrack was brilliant! I think everyone remembers when they first stepped into the RPD.

Too this day I would still give Resident Evil 2 a 9.8/10.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: RE2 given to much praise!   RE2 given to much praise! EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 4:56 pm

Ssplain wrote:
I do not think it is givin too much praise. It did so much right. It introduced many famous locations. It introduced us to Raccoon City, the Police Station, and the Umbrella facility underneath the city. They brilliantly tied it all together as well. Brian Irons was working in the RPD covering for Umbrella. They used the sewage plant as a passage into the underground labs, which was a very nice touch that connected it all. It introduced lickers, a trademark of Resident Evil now and a fan favorite monster. It gave us William Birkin and his G-virus. It introduced Leon, Claire, Sherry, Ada, and Hunk!
The soundtrack, oh the soundtrack was brilliant! I think everyone remembers when they first stepped into the RPD.

It deserves that score (though I wish we had quick turns and a dodging system). I wish they had finished Ada in 2 or 4. I didn't mind her too much in 2 and 4, but Damnation and 6 made her sound like some narcissistic cocky mary-sue who's impossible to beat. I mean seriously, all we go through during her 6 campaign is her talking to herself about How "easy" this was or how inferior everyone was. The fact that she saves everyone's asses (except Chris and Piers) at some point makes the other characters less badass than they should be.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE2 given to much praise!   RE2 given to much praise! EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Ssplain wrote:
I guess that game just doesn't deserve your 0.2%
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: RE2 given to much praise!   RE2 given to much praise! EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 5:11 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Ssplain wrote:

It deserves that score (though I wish we had quick turns and a dodging system). I wish they had finished  Ada in 2 or 4. I didn't mind her too much in 2 and 4, but Damnation and 6 made her sound like some narcissistic cocky mary-sue who's impossible to beat. I mean seriously, all we go through during her 6 campaign is her talking to herself about How "easy" this was or how inferior everyone was. The fact that she saves everyone's asses (except Chris and Piers) at some point makes the other characters less badass than they should be.

LOL the reason I give it a 9.8/10 is mostly due to no quick turn!
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: RE2 given to much praise!   RE2 given to much praise! EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 5:12 pm

This game deserved a 10/10 for me.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: RE2 given to much praise!   RE2 given to much praise! EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:32 pm

RE 1, 2 and 3 are 10/10 for me. They did so many things right. I don't think RE2 is overrated. If people say that it is much better then 1 and 3, then yeah, but generally? Not at all. RE2 was visual masterpiece with everything else done right.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: RE2 given to much praise!   RE2 given to much praise! EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:48 pm

Vandal wrote:
Ssplain wrote:

If it had quick turns, I would turn that around, quick. No really, the game was a masterpiece as Shrike said. I enjoy it more even with its dated graphics than I do RE5, RE6 and ORC by a long shot. But then again, quality of gameplay > quality of graphics.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: RE2 given to much praise!   RE2 given to much praise! EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:48 pm

Shrike wrote:
RE 1, 2 and 3 are 10/10 for me. They did so many things right. I don't think RE2 is overrated. If people say that it is much better then 1 and 3, then yeah, but generally? Not at all. RE2 was visual masterpiece with everything else done right.
Have you sen the PC version of two? It has the best visuals out of the other versions of 2. It's amazing how they were able to smooth out the player's textures. If only the PC version of 3 met its standards.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: RE2 given to much praise!   RE2 given to much praise! EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 8:39 pm

I absolutely agree bout RE 2 being overrated, well main reason is that (i think so at least) new characters (CR and LK) made it that popular. I like RE 3 much more and its fact that it was scarier, but as far as i remember RE 2 was tougher with its puzzles, kinda remember that ive struggled with them. In old school RE games RE 1 (remake) will always top others and guess the runner-up is RE 3.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: RE2 given to much praise!   RE2 given to much praise! EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:41 pm

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
I absolutely agree bout RE 2 being overrated, well main reason is that (i think so at least) new characters (CR and LK) made it that popular. I like RE 3 much more and its fact that it was scarier

I disagree.
It was far more than just character changes that made it popular.
when Resident Evil 1 was first released it had little to none world wide coverage and was low budget, therefore a lot of people did not know of it's existence.
I only found out about RE1 when RE2 was getting shown on TV coverage from TGS (I think it was called that back then, can't remember).
The visual design of the game stepped it up from RE1 and really sold it, Masami Ueda, Shusaku Uchiyama, and Syun Nishigaki mastepiece of a OST that gave that memorable
feel and atmosphere to it, the zapping system and of coarse the storyline had so much effort put into and really gave it a cinematic edge.
That being said I still love the original Resident Evil and it will always still give me the creeps.
I will agree with you, Resident Evil 3 had a lot of cool and new features and was very frightening.
Not to mention Nemesis was such a game changer and will live in forever for being one of the most unsettling monsters in a game.

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
but as far as i remember RE 2 was tougher with its puzzles
The water sample puzzle ..... need I say more ?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE2 given to much praise!   RE2 given to much praise! EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 12:37 am

Does anyone remember that RE2 commercial that was aired in America with the zombie cop? This discussion is reminding me of it, but I can't find it on YouTube. It was a great advertisement.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE2 given to much praise!   RE2 given to much praise! EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 2:25 am

Ssplain wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Ssplain wrote:
If it had quick turns, I would turn that around, quick.
Sorry in advanced, but that is probably the most retarded thing on the this thread. And Jamesy posted this.

I hope you don't plan on reviewing games for a living, because if you're going to nitpick a game like that, the rest of your opinion could equally be as warped. Taking 0.01% here and adding 0.4% here for your final score. How can you possibly express your complex opinions on a game with numbers? Much less 1 out of 100?
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: RE2 given to much praise!   RE2 given to much praise! EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 7:13 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Does anyone remember that RE2 commercial that was aired in America with the zombie cop? This discussion is reminding me of it, but I can't find it on YouTube. It was a great advertisement.

By Romero ? ? ? ?

Mcghie: Well yea i agree that first of second part had bigger budget then first and many learned bout RE from it, but as you say it owes RE1 for its fame, i mean RE1 was a masterpiece in its genre, so no doubt that the sequel would have drained much more attention, plus i would still stick to my opinion, New characters did have a huge impact on gamers and especially fans of genre, it made story to be extremely innovative and so that there was a connection between characters of the first and second parts, thats why devs decided to create Claire and not to use that biker girl (dont remember her name) . . . Second the graphics were much better, but in that genre not many gamers pad attention to the graphics, cs it was all about creepy and scary parts + puzzles. . . .
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE2 given to much praise!   RE2 given to much praise! EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 1:40 pm

No, it wasn't the one with the Leon and Claire actors. That one wasn't aired in America.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: RE2 given to much praise!   RE2 given to much praise! EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 2:40 pm

Vandal wrote:
Ssplain wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Ssplain wrote:
If it had quick turns, I would turn that around, quick.
Sorry in advanced, but that is probably the most retarded thing on the this thread. And Jamesy posted this.

I hope you don't plan on reviewing games for a living, because if you're going to nitpick a game like that, the rest of your opinion could equally be as warped. Taking 0.01% here and adding 0.4% here for your final score. How can you possibly express your complex opinions on a game with numbers? Much less 1 out of 100?

Rest assured, reviewing games is not my forte. I am entitled to my opinion about the game, just as you are entitled to your opinion about my opinion. Quick turns are something basic I thought the game was lacking, so I did not give it a perfect 10. It is as simple as that. Thanks for calling my opinion complex, I appreciate it, but it really is not.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 given to much praise!   RE2 given to much praise! EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 11:47 am

I dunno, I just like the game. It's one of my favorites, at least.

Jamesy wrote:
Just imagine if they did a second remake of the RE1 2002 game Shocked 
A remake of a remake is just something that should not even cross anyone's mind, especially when the already existing remake did pretty much everything right.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE2 given to much praise!   RE2 given to much praise! Empty

Back to top Go down

RE2 given to much praise!
Page 1 of 1