Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Inspiration for Resident Evil 7!

Go down 
+6
Ghost Leader
Nobudy
Industrial Ridden
Shrike
Mass Distraction
Jamesy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! Empty
PostSubject: Inspiration for Resident Evil 7!   Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 9:34 am

This is where Capcom could get there inspiration for Resident Evil 7

Good idea maybe?

If you can't view the videos here is an alternative

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGRZwypXMFg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTBnlYwQVww
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration for Resident Evil 7!   Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 10:23 am

If you want a game like that play Haunting Ground, Silent Hill or Fatal Frame. Haunting Ground actually got lots of its ideas from that version of RE4.

I would prefer RE stays away from supernatural matters.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration for Resident Evil 7!   Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 10:28 am

RE3.5 didn't venture into supernatural. It went into hallucinations that the Progenitor virus produced. Which I think is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration for Resident Evil 7!   Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 10:30 am

Hallucination or not, I would prefer to have ghosts coming out of walls and puppets attacking me stay in Silent Hill. I only need one game series like that.

And, of course, there's Evil Within to look for.
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration for Resident Evil 7!   Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 5:20 pm

I would prefer it like RE5 and RE6, but with less action.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration for Resident Evil 7!   Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 1:36 pm

Industrial Ridden wrote:
Get your shields ready.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration for Resident Evil 7!   Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 1:43 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Industrial Ridden wrote:
Get your shields ready.
Why does he need to do that? Is there something wrong with wanting RE to be survival horror instead of another CoD clone?
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration for Resident Evil 7!   Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 1:56 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Industrial Ridden wrote:
Get your shields ready.
Why does he need to do that? Is there something wrong with wanting RE to be survival horror instead of another CoD clone?
I have no problem with how the next game's gonna turn out as long as it's enjoyable (2 and REmake are my favorite of the survival horror era). If it's survival horror, great. But the guys who do hate it are probably gonna complain about how they can't kill every enemy even if they can easily be dodged. If it's an action "horror"? I saw it coming. But like before, it'll get hate. As for the COD clone. I'm not sure about that since I don't play COD. But my brother says it's in no way like a COD clone (He's one of those Black Ops players) after I introduced him to 6. But you do have to remember that the "actionizing" of the franchise started as early as 2 (Nemeisis for other, but for me it was 2.)
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration for Resident Evil 7!   Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 2:12 pm

Nobudy wrote:
But you do have to remember that the "actionizing" of the franchise started as early as 2 (Nemeisis for other, but for me it was 2.)
The changes from 1 to 3 can't really be compared to how drastically different the post-CVX games are. It's like comparing a toddler learning to crawl to Usain Bolt running in the Olympic Games.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration for Resident Evil 7!   Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 2:23 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
But you do have to remember that the "actionizing" of the franchise started as early as 2 (Nemeisis for other, but for me it was 2.)
The changes from 1 to 3 can't really be compared to how drastically different the post-CVX games are. It's like comparing a toddler learning to crawl to Usain Bolt running in the Olympic Games.
I guess it's because they're all in the same year plus the fact that the outbreak came by surprise whereas 5 and 6 (sans Leon's ch 1-3) had the player going into an outbreak willingly.
Back to top Go down
TwerkinBirkin
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
TwerkinBirkin

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration for Resident Evil 7!   Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 3:45 pm

If you guys like Silent Hill and Haunting Ground, you should really try another Capcom game called 'Clocktower 3'. All I want in a RE game is those amazing camera angles, horror, and puzzles but a LITTLE action maybe in the boss battles is always good, no?
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration for Resident Evil 7!   Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 3:50 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

This, this and fucking this. I hate when people are like "why are you surprised that RE4 + became an action game? the action came as soon as 3, lol!11!" Bullshit. "Actionizing" in 2 and 3 is actually having more options in combat in an already good system, so it only made it better. The fact that there were more enemies and more bullets is natural since you are in the middle of an outbreak, but CV, which came after 3, goes back with the ammo and enemies just like it should be. No "actionizing" there.

That said, nothing against you, Nobudy, I just hate hearing that.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration for Resident Evil 7!   Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 4:56 am

TwerkinBirkin wrote:
If you guys like Silent Hill and Haunting Ground, you should really try another Capcom game called 'Clocktower 3'.
Why not just start the Clocktower series from the beginning? The whole series is pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration for Resident Evil 7!   Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 8:41 am

Forget what everybody above me said. RE7 should look at The Last of Us for inspiration. Like I said before, The Last of Us is the game RE should've evolved into.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration for Resident Evil 7!   Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 9:03 am

Known_Hero wrote:
Forget what everybody above me said. RE7 should look at The Last of Us for inspiration. Like I said before, The Last of Us is the game RE should've evolved into.
Screw that. The games have enough similarities as is. Last of Us was like RE mixed with the newest Tomb Raider and the Walking Dead's story, all in the guise of I Am Legend.

Other than the story and the atmosphere, the game is just Uncharted with stealth mechanics. And I do not want RE to become a stealth game.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration for Resident Evil 7!   Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 9:37 am

You obviously didn't play this game. The Last of Us is nothing like RE. The gameplay mechanics feel like a smoother, more realistic verison of uncharted(minus the parkour). Saying that it's "Uncharted with stealth mechanics" is a statement made out of pure ignorance. As a matter of fact, you're entire post reeks of ignorance!

I will agree that the story is a lot like Walking Dead but I wasn't referring to that. Of course Capcom is going to come up with their own goofy story for RE7. The gameplay mechanics and overall structure of TLOU is what re7 should inspire to become. TLOU is all about survivial....by any means necessary. Lack of bullets, emphasis on melee combat, the importance of stealth and proper item management. This game is a true survivial experience.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration for Resident Evil 7!   Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 10:33 am

Shrike wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

This, this and fucking this. I hate when people are like "why are you surprised that RE4 + became an action game? the action came as soon as 3,
It really shouldn't have been a surprise especially with Chris' games plus the fact that 2,3, and CV had someone say "It's up to us to take out Umbrella." (foreshadow). In case you didn't notice, the reason 4 wasn't as action focused as 5 and 6 is because Leon at first unknowingly went into an outbreak" which is why the 1st, 2nd, (and maybe 3rd and 4th depending on your take) chapters are similar to Leon's ch 1-3 in 6 whereas, 5 and 6 has you jumping into an outbreak willingly. As I've mentioned before. I like all of the numbered game equally (a bit less for 0), but the only way for Capcom to make RE7 in that genre is to use a new character with little combat experience. If not that, then maybe put Claire in (though Viral Campaign shows she still might know some moves.). As a plus, wasn't Shinji the one who said the series was getting too formulaic explaining all those versions of 4?
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration for Resident Evil 7!   Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 10:59 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I would prefer RE stays away from supernatural matters.

I am strongly agree on this. I can't imagine playing Resident Evil having a ghosts that appear infront of you, or saw a shadow on the walls like in Silent Hill, or hearing a weird horror background music which makes you feel ill. I want Resident Evil to stay what it was.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration for Resident Evil 7!   Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:35 am

Known_Hero wrote:
You obviously didn't play this game. The Last of Us is nothing like RE. The gameplay mechanics feel like a smoother, more realistic verison of uncharted(minus the parkour). Saying that it's "Uncharted with stealth mechanics" is a statement made out of pure ignorance. As a matter of fact, you're entire post reeks of ignorance!

I will agree that the story is a lot like Walking Dead but I wasn't referring to that. Of course Capcom is going to come up with their own goofy story for RE7. The gameplay mechanics and overall structure of TLOU is what re7 should inspire to become. TLOU is all about survivial....by any means necessary. Lack of bullets, emphasis on melee combat, the importance of stealth and proper item management. This game is a true survivial experience.
I have indeed played the game. You can check my trophies if you're doubtful. I have also played all three (main) Uncharted games. Interestingly enough, I didn't feel TLoU was was smooth as UC3 was.

I didn't mean it's exactly like RE. It's just that most of the mechanics in the game are already in RE, just executed a tad differently. I honestly don't want RE to become yet another game in the vain of DayZ, State of Decay, I Am Alive and, most recently, Last of Us. Survival horror can be done perfectly well without the game becoming a survival simulator. I'm okay with this in Last of Us since it's a game of its own. I wouldn't mind a spinoff RE title with these mecahnics but please, for the love of God, keep it out of the main series.

Btw. I find the "lack of bullets" to not describe my playthrough of the game. I had so many bullets that I hit the cap of how much I can carry, which was ridiculously little. I had so much ammo and health items that I just ran through the last few places of the game and shot everything in sight.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration for Resident Evil 7!   Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 10:38 am

What difficulty did you play on? The ammo drops on Hard are ridiculously low.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration for Resident Evil 7!   Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 3:56 am

Known_Hero wrote:
What difficulty did you play on? The ammo drops on Hard are ridiculously low.
I played on Hard. I plan on going for Hard+ after I get it back from my friend and maybe move on to Survivor (or whatever the last difficulty level was). Moar challenge!

I've heard the game is weird with the playthroughs as some people encounter insane glitching, some people suffer from AI doing stupid things all the time (my playthrough), some people have absolutely no ammo to use etc. while others don't encounter any of this. I guess there's some bug in the engine or something.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration for Resident Evil 7!   Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 6:35 pm

Regarding The Last of Us, I just simply don't think any of that would work with Resident Evil. The Last of Us takes place in a post apocalyptic setting, which in the end, the world of Resident Evil has at least still made it out alive. I don't think Resident Evil should be taking any more ideas aimlessly just because it's popular, rather, pave the way like they once did. Seriously though? The Last of Us?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inspiration for Resident Evil 7!   Inspiration for Resident Evil 7! Empty

Back to top Go down

Inspiration for Resident Evil 7!
Page 1 of 1