HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!

Go down 
+5
Vandal
Sargent D
Ghost Leader
Nobudy
Mass Distraction
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! Empty
PostSubject: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:03 am

So, again, I was just going through old articles'n'stuff about cancelled RE titles and found another interesting tidbit. At one point of Resident Evil 3's production the team was working on a game that would've starred everyone's favorite masked mercenary, HUNK, who was on a mission to retrieve a G-virus sample from a luxury liner. Meanwhile, Kazuhiro Aoyama was working on a project titled "Biohazard: Gaiden", not to be confused with the GBC title Resident Evil Gaiden which was developed by a completely different team two years later. This game was eventually named Last Escape, better known as Nemesis outside of Japan, and turned into Resident Evil 3 while the original concept was scrapped.

"Gaiden" was originally supposed to star a completely new character escaping Raccoon City and the town was never blown up. It was also supposed to include a mode where you could have played as the zombified Brad Vickers. Furthermore the Gaiden-turned-Last-Escape was to have Jill cross paths with Leon, Ada and William but this was cut due to plot inconsistencies.

I do doubt the fact that the eventual Gaiden for GBC was set on a luxury cruiser is a coincidence.

Here are some cold hard sources for anyone who cares to read more:
[source1]
[source2]
[source3]

I would suggest to read at least the first source (it's an interview) if you are interested in the development of RE3.

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Wed May 29, 2013 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptyTue May 28, 2013 8:59 pm

I could still see them doing this. Though, I still think that Leon and Claire will finally meet Jill in RE7. I have a feeling that if the mansion incident never happened, All four would've met each other in the same year. Chris, Jill, and Wesker were already in the RPD. So, grad Leon would meet all three while Claire would probably visit Chris while in Raccoon City. Imagine an RE game with all four.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptyWed May 29, 2013 3:41 am

Nobudy wrote:
I could still see them doing this. Though, I still think that Leon and Claire will finally meet Jill in RE7. I have a feeling that if the mansion incident never happened, All four would've met each other in the same year. Chris, Jill, and Wesker were already in the RPD. So, grad Leon would meet all three while Claire would probably visit Chris while in Raccoon City. Imagine an RE game with all four.
I already had a game with Leon, Chris, Wesker's son and Sherry in one. I honestly don't really care if we ever get a game with the four original main heroes in one. If anything, I'm still hoping we see none of them in the next installment. Cameos, mentions, files and minigames are fine. At least drop them into a supporting role for a while or something.

Out of these concepts I'd much prefer to see the one with HUNK. Not on a cruise ship, though. One more game with that setting would be pushing it.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptyWed May 29, 2013 6:16 am

Nobudy wrote:
Though, I still think that Leon and Claire will finally meet Jill in RE7.
How do you know she hasn't already met them?
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptyWed May 29, 2013 7:20 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
If it hasn't been confirmed by Capcom, or if we haven't seen it in a game, then I assume it didn't happen.

@Mass Yea in REmake. As for the original, I'm not sure. I've never gotten Barry killed.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptyFri May 31, 2013 3:01 pm

Holy shit I would have loved if HUNK was in RE3, considering he is my favorite RE character. I kinda hope he doesn't be a main character in anything though because I like the fact that he is very mysterious which is something that is really appealing about him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptyFri May 31, 2013 6:12 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
If it hasn't been confirmed by Capcom, or if we haven't seen it in a game, then I assume it didn't happen.
Chris, Jill, Leon, and Claire have been fighting on the same side in the same war for the last 10+ years. It's a perfectly reasonable assumption that they've all met at some point, especially Jill and Claire.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptyFri May 31, 2013 11:24 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Chris, Jill, Leon, and Claire have been fighting on the same side in the same war for the last 10+ years. It's a perfectly reasonable assumption that they've all met at some point, especially Jill and Claire.
I do agree with you. It would make sense if they did. And if they did, then it would make sense for Jill and Claire to meet during Viral Campaign (Takes place after 5). What irks me more is how Leon and Wesker probably never met each other. They were both aware of each other, but we've never seen them meet face to face. Though the best time for that would probably be after Operation Javier.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 8:24 am

Nobudy wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
I do agree with you. It would make sense if they did. And if they did, then it would make sense for Jill and Claire to meet during Viral Campaign (Takes place after 5). What irks me more is how Leon and Wesker probably never met each other. They were both aware of each other, but we've never seen them meet face to face. Though the best time for that would probably be after Operation Javier.
It's very probable that US intelligence knew about Wesker, either from their own sleuthing or from reports made by the remaining STARS members that filtered up to the White House.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 9:39 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
It's very probable that US intelligence knew about Wesker, either from their own sleuthing or from reports made by the remaining STARS members that filtered up to the White House.
Good point. I'd go with US Intelligence.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 5:25 am

Sargent D wrote:
Holy shit I would have loved if HUNK was in RE3, considering he is my favorite RE character. I kinda hope he doesn't be a main character in anything though because I like the fact that he is very mysterious which is something that is really appealing about him.
Then again, if he would have had a game of his own to begin with he wouldn't be all that mysterious now.

Speaking of, I just realized how the 4th Survivor from RE2 actually alluded to this game that never was since at the end of that it says "End of one nightmare, the beginning of another". I always kinda wondered what that exactly meant.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 1:32 pm

Kind of like how they made Re6 and you ende up with more questions than answers about Ada? She had an entire full length campaign, and you couldn't do anything different?
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 1:47 pm

Vandal wrote:
Kind of like how they made Re6 and you ende up with more questions than answers about Ada? She had an entire full length campaign, and you couldn't do anything different?
The fact that she didn't get an epilogue was pretty annoying too. Who was the person who contacted her at the end? Will he/she play a part in RE7?
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 3:11 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Speaking of, I just realized how the 4th Survivor from RE2 actually alluded to this game that never was since at the end of that it says "End of one nightmare, the beginning of another". I always kinda wondered what that exactly meant.

Yeah now that you mention it, it all makes a lot more sense now. And maybe Tofu would have been HUNK's partner in the game as well. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 5:16 am

Sargent D wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Yeah now that you mention it, it all makes a lot more sense now. And maybe Tofu would have been HUNK's partner in the game as well. Wink
Oh, that would have been glorious. With a piece missing from him, of course.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 2:23 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

Two foods that appeal to zombies the most: Human flesh and Tofu.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 5:19 am

Sargent D wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Two foods that appeal to zombies the most: Human flesh and Tofu.
Only the ones that don't like meat eat tofy, obviously.

Btw. have you ever wondered about the red piece of tofu in the title card of his campaign?
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 1:19 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Btw. have you ever wondered about the red piece of tofu in the title card of his campaign?

Oh yeah I know right, I guess it was internally bleeding or something along those lines then just died before they could get any screen time.

And yes, apparently Tofu has veins and blood now. lol
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 5:22 am

Furthermore, didn't HUNK show up in the original RER trailer? On a cruise ship? That was a weird coincidence.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 5:45 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Furthermore, didn't HUNK show up in the original RER trailer? On a cruise ship? That was a weird coincidence.

It ended up being Veltro guy, I guess.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 9:19 am

Or capcom got lazy and put in HUNK's model instead of a regular Veltro soldier.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:10 am

PWNERX wrote:
I am going with that one.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 7:36 pm

Sargent D wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
I am going with that one.
Or maybe the Veltro soldier's model wasn't complete at the time and Hunk was just used as a placeholder?
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 7:45 pm

Well, there was also the thing with Jill and Chris having some tension, but that was cut out. They probably weren't sure about the story yet at the time of the trailer.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 5:47 pm

The only known piece of concept art from this game has made it to the internet!

The creature is simply named "Plant Thing". There's also an English sentence in the picture that says "Mother of `kidsĀ“". Wonder what that meant?
HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! LMUlRGs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!   HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts! Empty

Back to top Go down

HUNK's own game? New RE3 concept facts!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next