HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
protivakid
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port? Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port?   Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port? EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 10:28 am

Hey,
Just curious of other's opinions and preference of what to play this game on. I have played the Gamecube, PC, Wii, & 360 versions so...

PC: Even with the mouse support patch the aiming still is terrible not to mention the whole PC port seems very half @$$ed. Options are limited and I can't figure out how to exit the game without using Alt+F4 haha. The movies are also poor in quality like the PS2 port. I know there are HD mods as well but that doesn't fix the controls.

Wii: I played this and loved it simply because aiming with the Wiimote made the game feel so much better! The circle cursor on the screen for me easily beats out the small red laser dot you get in the other versions. You can also move the aiming cursor around a lot faster so you won't get frustrated when you take a hit in the other ports because you could not move the laser sight quick enough. Some say this makes the game "too easy" however I feel if a game is more difficult ONLY because of controls then that's a poor argument.

360: I bought this port yesterday because it looks the best thinking I would be fine with the red laser sight controls however after playing the Wii version I don't think I can go back. Kind of wishing I didn't impulse buy when it was on sale :/ oh well it was only $10.

All in all the Wii is my favorite because of the new controls.

What do you guys like and why?
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port?   Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port? EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 10:40 am

protivakid wrote:
Hey,
PC: Even with the mouse support patch the aiming still is terrible not to mention the whole PC port seems very half @$$ed. Options are limited and I can't figure out how to exit the game without using Alt+F4 haha. The movies are also poor in quality like the PS2 port. I know there are HD mods as well but that doesn't fix the controls.
I agree on everything.I wish that the PC version was better made.
Back to top Go down
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port?   Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port? EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 12:01 pm

I still have yet to play RE4, so I've been really curious on what version to get. I don't have a Wii and my PC probably isn't good enough to run the PC version. So it is really between Xbox and NGC for me. I don't care too much about HD, unless it makes a huge difference. So should I go with GC to be cost effective? Or is it really that much better for Xbox? Please let me know Smile
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port?   Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port? EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 12:01 pm

I prefer the PS versions, if only because of the controller. I haven't played any other versions nor do I feel the need to do so.

spawn wrote:
I still have yet to play RE4, so I've been really curious on what version to get. I don't have a Wii and my PC probably isn't good enough to run the PC version. So it is really between Xbox and NGC for me. I don't care too much about HD, unless it makes a huge difference. So should I go with GC to be cost effective? Or is it really that much better for Xbox? Please let me know Smile
Get the 360 version. GC version does not have any of the extras aside from Mercs, plus the 360 version is in HD.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port?   Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port? EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 12:13 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I prefer the PS versions, if only because of the controller. I haven't played any other versions nor do I feel the need to do so.
I forgot to mention that I had a PS2 as well, but saying as it is currently in a box somewhere I wouldn't have bought it for PS anyway.

Mass Distraction wrote:
Get the 360 version. GC version does not have any of the extras aside from Mercs, plus the 360 version is in HD.
Thanks! I didn't realize it had any extras, I will have to look into that. I thought the only difference was that it was in HD.
Back to top Go down
protivakid
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port?   Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port? EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 1:39 pm

spawn wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I forgot to mention that I had a PS2 as well, but saying as it is currently in a box somewhere I wouldn't have bought it for PS anyway.

Mass Distraction wrote:
Thanks! I didn't realize it had any extras, I will have to look into that. I thought the only difference was that it was in HD.

I wish I could sell you my 360 version but you can't trade XBLA games Sad. It was on sale yesterday for a 1-day price of $9.99, normally $19.99. Probably still cheaper after shipping than getting a GC version.

I can't stress though, assuming you will not get to this game on your backlog for a bit anyways, if you ever think you will own a Wii or Wii U I would highly recommend at least testing the Wii edition to see if you like the controls as much as I did. After playing with the Wiimote I am having a hard time using the 360 controller
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port?   Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port? EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 2:36 pm

spawn wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
The GC version is the only one that doesn't have any of the extras anyway Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port?   Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port? EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 3:06 pm

@protivakid:

Yeah, I wish Razz. It wouldn't have been good for me anyways, I have too many midterms to study for. Many of my friends have a Wii, and are most likely to have a copy of RE4 so I will get around to it someday.

Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port?   Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port? EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 5:26 pm

Get the 360 or PS3 version. They have all of the extras plus the Wii's version of the PRL (It auto aims at any object when fully charged.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port?   Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port? Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition vs the 360 PS3 HD port?
Page 1 of 1