HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4

Go down 
+8
Industrial Ridden
Nobudy
Mass Distraction
spawn
ChrisRedfieldRE156
MSR
Xannidel
RebelliousQueen
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 Empty
PostSubject: The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4   The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 11:20 pm

My lovely folks, have you seen this? Go check this out:

The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 267957_10151332409831633_2106839009_n

For more information:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/20/sony-reveals-playstation-4-controller-dualshock-4
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Xannidel
Cerberus
Cerberus
Xannidel

Playstation Network Xannidel
Steam : Xannidel

PostSubject: Re: The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4   The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:49 am

A tad bulky but for what it will be doing I find it to be an awesome controller and looking forward to seeing and hearing more about the PS4 later on.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4   The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 2:55 pm

Thanks Missy. I hadn't seen this before.

I think it looks fugly. They'll probably switch back to their original PS controller design after a month, like with the Ps3 Boomerang controller.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4   The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 4:18 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
Thanks Missy. I hadn't seen this before.

I think it looks fugly. They'll probably switch back to their original PS controller design after a month, like with the Ps3 Boomerang controller.

Why actually i think it looks quite good, it will be remade for PC so i will enjoy playing Football or Racing with it.
Back to top Go down
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4   The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 4:20 pm

I think the whole touch-pad thing is unnecessary. It is just a gimmick in my opinion. They basically took the touch-pad from a laptop and stuck it onto the controller. What would you be able to accomplish with this that you wouldn't have been able to accomplish with original analog controls?

Playstation controllers have always looked similar. They just felt the need to add something new to the design to draw people in...not too much thought went into it.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4   The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 4:28 pm

spawn wrote:
I think the whole touch-pad thing is unnecessary. It is just a gimmick in my opinion. They basically took the touch-pad from a laptop and stuck it onto the controller. What would you be able to accomplish with this that you wouldn't have been able to accomplish with original analog controls?

Playstation controllers have always looked similar. They just felt the need to add something new to the design to draw people in...not too much thought went into it.

Oh so thats a touchpad in the middle, bet it will cost shit load of $. I also dont understand such useless addons, what would you use touch pad 4, analogs are as "sensitive as Touchpad" as far as i remember and both suck compared to mouse . . . Just a new thing that would make rich kids happy . . . Now i also guess that they will go back to the original, at first i thought it was just a redesigned controller.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4   The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 6:33 am

I have to agree with the touchpad being a useless gimmick. Just like the Sixaxis, watch them drop all support for it after a couple of launch titles and some Sony produced games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4   The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 1:31 pm

Start and Select will be missed.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4   The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 3:49 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Oh dear God... HOW DO I PAUSE MY GAMES?!
Back to top Go down
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4   The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:22 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

Wow...I didn't even realize this until Nobudy said it. Before the conference I was thinking about really giving Sony a chance for my next console...after the conference I starting to doubt myself...but START and SELECT? That was the last straw Sony. All that for your stupid touch-pad? I hope you think the sacrifice was worth it when you are at the final boss and you need to take a leak.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4   The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 7:48 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
It might be the "Options" button, but even then, it won't be the same. Did you know that our ps3 games won't be backwards compatible? Not even our downloaded PS3 games will be backwards compatible. The only hope is via emulation.
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4   The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 5:15 pm

I like it. Feels like an upgrade rather than a whole new design. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4   The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 4:41 am

Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
It might be the "Options" button, but even then, it won't be the same. Did you know that our ps3 games won't be backwards compatible? Not even our downloaded PS3 games will be backwards compatible. The only hope is via emulation.
Check the video I posted in the PS4 thread: [link]
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4   The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:18 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
your supost to touch the pad to pause it. and im kinda more favorable to the ps3 but i think this new controller could work.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4   The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:28 am

It most likely works, sure, but it's still stupid and gimmicky.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4   The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:43 am

Like I have with the N64 Remix and Dreamcast V.2, I will make this controller work... behold, Dual Shock X!!
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4   The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 4:28 pm

It will work, but it will also be an inconvenience. With the old style of controller you are able to access all functions of the controller with your thumbs. To access all the functions of that touch-pad you are surely going to be forced to remove one hand from the controller. This means that you will have to hold the controller with one hand while navigating the touch-pad with the other hand. Having to switch between the two would slow you down and probably get tiresome after awhile. That is unless, the touch-pads sole function is to be a giant pause button.

After watching a whole three hours worth of bull****, I feel this video is justice.

Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4   The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 12:20 am

That video was actually pretty brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4   The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:46 am

I still do not understand the point of the touchpad. Using one on a laptop is a pain and it sure as hell will be on a controller you are actually supposed to be holding with two hands.

@spawn: Try to avoud double posting plz.
Back to top Go down
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4   The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 6:54 am

@Mass: Sorry about that! I realize Spike Reaver had warned me before, but I thought he meant I was somehow sending the same forum post twice. I didn't realize you meant posting twice in a row (even if the posts were different). I'm part of some other forums and they don't use this rule so it took me a second to figure out what you were talking about when you called me on it a second time, just now. I just wanted to let you know that I wasn't purposely being ignorant, and I apologize.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4   The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 6:56 am

Is kay, it happens a lot. I go to a forum like that too and I instinctively try not to double post there Razz
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4   The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 12:57 pm

im not going to hate on it until i actually get to play with it, cuz who knows maybe it sucks and maybe its badass.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4   The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:24 pm

Again, I'm not saying it sucks. I'm just saying that the whole thing is a mere gimmick to make people go "wow" and then they drop it sooner or later because it doesn't really bring anything new or exciting to your gaming routine.
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4   The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:37 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Again, I'm not saying it sucks. I'm just saying that the whole thing is a mere gimmick to make people go "wow" and then they drop it sooner or later because it doesn't really bring anything new or exciting to your gaming routine.
i know what you meant i just was saying im not game say anything about it just that i wana try it out ill say wither it sucks after the holidays.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4   The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:19 pm

Going back to the video; why were people upset that Sony didn't reveal what the PS4? The dude is right. It's just going to be a black box. They really think the reveal has to be kept secret? They already came out and said they made a Playstation 4.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4   The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official PS4 Controller Dualshock 4
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next