HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

Go down 
+4
Xannidel
Known_Hero
Mass Distraction
ChrisSherry
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct Empty
PostSubject: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct   The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:01 am

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct Thewalkingdeadsurvivalinstinctboxart-555x782_zps61e0b78c

Who else is extremely excited about this title?
I can't wait, Daryl Dixon is awesome!

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/the-walking-dead-survival-instinct/103286
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct   The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:47 am

Finally the game's got a trailer.

Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct   The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:08 am

Weak graphics and the gameplay appears to be a generic, unspiring FPSer. I bet the campaign will only be 6 hours long.

However, that quote at the end was badass...

Merle: "What are you doing?
Daryl: "What does it look like I'm doing? I'm saving the damn day"

Spoken like a true hero!
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct   The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 10:16 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Finally the game's got a trailer.

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! I love it!
I can't wait! Smile

@Known_Hero, Forget graphics. The fact that this game is all about Daryl and Merle is enough for me (With Norman Reedus and Michael Rooker voicing their characters), it's going to be a great game! and we get to shoot more zombies in the face.
Back to top Go down
Xannidel
Cerberus
Cerberus
Xannidel

Playstation Network Xannidel
Steam : Xannidel

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct   The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 6:03 am

I am not too sure how I feel about this game, it looks like a standard zombie game with Daryl and Merle put in it. Then again I have not watches past season 1 of The Walking Dead and I found the Talltell Games version of The Walking Dead to be so amazing.

I suppose we will wait for the game to come out to see how well it sells.
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct   The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 5:49 pm

Xannidel wrote:
I am not too sure how I feel about this game, it looks like a standard zombie game with Daryl and Merle put in it. Then again I have not watches past season 1 of The Walking Dead and I found the Talltell Games version of The Walking Dead to be so amazing.

I suppose we will wait for the game to come out to see how well it sells.

The Walking Dead is my favorite TV-Show, I highly recommend watching the other seasons.
I personally will not be waiting and will be pre-ordering this game next week and I am 100% positive I will love it. cheers
Back to top Go down
Xannidel
Cerberus
Cerberus
Xannidel

Playstation Network Xannidel
Steam : Xannidel

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct   The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 6:22 pm

ChrisSherry wrote:

The Walking Dead is my favorite TV-Show, I highly recommend watching the other seasons.
I personally will not be waiting and will be pre-ordering this game next week and I am 100% positive I will love it. cheers

Hey no shame in that, I pre ordered Ni No Kuni the INSTANT I saw the Wizard Edition and I have not second guessed myself when I played it. I am a little slow playing my PS3 games but I have had so much fun with the game so far.

I do plan on watching the other seasons and now that another season is starting I will have to hide from my Facebook for a long time because I will go on a delete frenzy when I see people not doing spoilers tags.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct   The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 6:43 pm

I decided to pass when I heard it was going to be primarily action-oriented. Nothing against action or FPS games or anyone that likes them, but I've got plenty of both in my library to sate my needs and I really have no desire to contribute toward the success of a game based on a source material I like, which appears to take away what makes said source material unique to me.

Telltale got it right IMO and I'm going to be putting money I'd use for Survival Instinct toward season 2 of their game instead.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct   The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 4:56 pm

Sooooo, what's the verdict?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct   The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 6:31 pm

Expect to see a different side to Daryl here. It's when he and Merle were all about survival and I bet they did some bad stuff. Merle still had full control over Daryl too.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct   The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 6:37 pm

I don't know if I will get this or not.
I enjoyed The Walking Dead as a series and I enjoyed the arty, comic book esque point and click episode based game but I don't know if I will like it much as a FPS.
I mean it's different and shares more similarities to the series and Daryl (the redneck with a heart) was one of my favorite cast members but I don't think this will work well as a FPS.
There is far to much FPS games being produced now a days that I'm getting a little bored of it and plus we already have the ever so amazing Left 4 Dead games leading for the zombie FPS titles and not to mention DayZ, which in my opinion buries all the competition.

This game also isn't getting a PC release so that's a little off putting and a shame really.
I'm to used to playing FPS at a smooth 60FPS with a keyboard/mouse, it feels so much better and is liberating.
I might purchase this when I get another PS3 but my mind is not made up yet.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct   The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:01 am

Known_Hero wrote:
Sooooo, what's the verdict?
I'm still intending to pass.
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct   The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 6:03 am

Picking up my copy tonight!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct   The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 1:41 pm

is it worth geting?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct   The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 4:57 pm

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct   The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 2:58 am

halestride wrote:
is it worth geting?
I haven't got to play it a whole let, it's a bit of a hard game (or I'm just horrible at it.) lol
But, I like it! so yes!

Ghost Leader wrote:
Does this mean you played it?
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct   The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 7:29 am

ChrisSherry wrote:
halestride wrote:
is it worth geting?
I haven't got to play it a whole let, it's a bit of a hard game (or I'm just horrible at it.) lol
But, I like it! so yes!

Ghost Leader wrote:
Alright ghost i trust you lol ill get it and check it out.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct   The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 9:35 am

From what I'v heard about this game its supposed to be really horrible.
I have a special place in my heart for The walking dead series and this one is closer related to the actual series and is more realistic than other walking dead game.
To be fair I will try it out anyway but is it really all that bad, or is it a decent game ?
I would be very thankful if someone could give me some constructive feedback on this, maybe a small "pros" and "cons" list or what not.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct   The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 9:58 am

Mcghie wrote:
From what I'v heard about this game its supposed to be really horrible.
I have a special place in my heart for The walking dead series and this one is closer related to the actual series and is more realistic than other walking dead game.
To be fair I will try it out anyway but is it really all that bad, or is it a decent game ?
I would be very thankful if someone could give me some constructive feedback on this, maybe a small "pros" and "cons" list or what not.

Yeah, I've heard the same thing. It doesn't look good from the videos I've seen either.

Halestride, I think you should wait until this game hits the bargain bin(which won't take long).
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct   The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 10:41 am

Apparently according to GL, who is always a bit weary of new titles and the horror genre in general nowadays, it's a fantastic game. That should tell something.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct   The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 11:45 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Apparently according to GL, who is always a bit weary of new titles and the horror genre in general nowadays, it's a fantastic game. That should tell something.

I will take GL's word for it then.
He is very picky with games especially FPS titles.
I do think it looks okay to be honest and I'm not buying it yet as I need to purchase another PS3 first, by the time I do that the game will be lower in price anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct   The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 12:00 pm

ChrisSherry wrote:
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct FYq7M
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct   The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 9:45 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
ChrisSherry wrote:
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct FYq7M

Hahahahaha! and you doubted it! tongue
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct   The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 8:07 am

Let's hear some breakdowns. What makes this game worth buying?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct   The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 2:51 pm

The atmosphere is amazing. Even if you think you cleared all the walkers in an area, they can still frequently appear out of nowhere... right on you. Everywhere you go, you can always hear them moaning and shuffling around and it frequently gets so loud as to make you think they're right on you, which always leaves you (well, it does me) on your toes. Music will run the gambit from soothing and relaxing to fast and tense, changing at a moment's notice (even if you aren't under threat by walkers) and further adding to the tension. In one instance, I found myself in a fallen hospital where a survivor told me there were "some badass military dudes" running around, leaving me on edge wondering if I would run into a bunch of men with automatic weapons or not. This is in addition to the fact that I had corpses all around me, walkers kept busting out of rooms nearby without warning, and a certain somebody playing with the PA system and getting me overwhelmed.

Stealth is extremely important because going "Call of Duty" will get you overwhelmed and killed almost immediately. Executions and melee weapons are encouraged for their silence and firing a gun will attract dozens of walkers to you quick. And you don't get Daryl's trademark crossbow until a ways into the game, so you have to get up close and personal with your knife or risk a confrontation against two or more with your knife or another melee weapon (lead pipe, fire axe, hatchet, and baseball bat are what I've encountered so far).

Food (health items) and ammo are so scarce that it makes the old RE games look bad. Locations of these items are also randomized. You also have to keep your vehicle fueled, lest you run out of gas amidst a herd of walkers in the middle of nowhere...

It does have moral choices, though not to the extent of the Telltale game. In one example, I was in the hospital I mentioned previously and had to either deal with a doctor for meds and leave a survivor I met earlier in the game to be killed by walkers because said doctor needed a "fresh subject", or save the survivor and forgo the meds while the doctor ran off to tell the military presence about me, leading to fears of being gunned down by men with automatic weapons.

Norman Reedus and Michael Rooker, not some imitators, voice their characters in the game. 'Nuff said.

Control-wise, the scheme is fairly simple to get down and everything is nice and responsive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct   The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct Empty

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Page 1 of 1