Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Generation's Greatest

Go down 
+15
Industrial Ridden
ThomVD
Shrike
ZombiePrincess
Mass Distraction
Cyberization
Ghost Leader
ChrisRedfieldRE156
SWITCHMYND
PWNERX
Known_Hero
Lightning Count
chocotricks
AWDCP
Vandal
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

Generation's Greatest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Generation's Greatest   Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 3:52 pm

The Walking Dead (Telltale Games) - Do I really need to explain it? It's that good! Fine, the story is so well written, you actually feel for the characters, and although this game doesn't focus on any action at all, the story makes up for it. This game is my favorite game of all time, and that ending, oh man that ending! Whoever played it knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Honorable Mention: Silent Hill 2 (Because it isn't released after 2005)
Back to top Go down
Cyberization
Zombie
Zombie
Cyberization

Playstation Network MrOutside-

PostSubject: Re: Generation's Greatest   Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 9:38 am

Gonna throw another vote in for The Last of Us. I still haven't finished it yet but it's certainly the best game I've bought and played for about 2 or 3 years now. Everything about it is polished to perfection - the world is very believable and immersive, and the characterization is excellent. As far as I'm concerned it's almost exactly how 'survival' horror should be done nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Generation's Greatest   Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 10:29 am

Borderlands 2 (2012)

Great game. Didn't play the first, but it was intense. I couldn't believe it came out September of last year, it really is addictive, the fact that I'm off of it surprised me. The game has excellent art direction, the gameplay made me believe in first person shooters again, and the quirky jokes that reference pop culture actually grew onto me. It deserves at least one playthrough with friends.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Generation's Greatest   Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 10:48 am

Lone Survivor

It is a simple side scroller of 2012. It is actually a very fun survival horror game though. It reminds me much of Silent Hill. It is really cheap on Steam and worth every penny. It involves all of the good aspects of survival horror; atmosphere, puzzes, fight or flight, limited supplies, mystery, and player choices that effect the ending. Simple but great game.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
ZombiePrincess
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ZombiePrincess

Playstation Network MisfitSilentts

PostSubject: Re: Generation's Greatest   Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 1:33 pm

Vandal wrote:
Borderlands 2 (2012)

Great game. Didn't play the first, but it was intense. I couldn't believe it came out September of last year, it really is addictive, the fact that I'm off of it surprised me. The game has excellent art direction, the gameplay made me believe in first person shooters again, and the quirky jokes that reference pop culture actually grew onto me. It deserves at least one playthrough with friends.

I myself didn't like the first one, but everyone keeps telling me that it's better the second time through.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheKidsInYourCorner
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Generation's Greatest   Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 2:55 pm

You really do need to play with people. I never played the first game, so I wouldn't call it necessary.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Generation's Greatest   Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 7:08 am

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
The game that started it all. Christ, it changed the game industry from staying in World War 2 to deciding to go into modern combat. Now nearly every brown modern shooter in some way shape or form takes from the game. I personally didn't enjoy it most of the time because things would get samey and monotonous, but the epic ending felt like it was worth it. I did like shooting that one guy's arm off, it was the first time I've ever seen that in a video game. I can't ignore that this game stood out from other first person shooters at the time.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Generation's Greatest   Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 7:25 am

Ssplain wrote:
Lone Survivor

It is a simple side scroller of 2012. It is actually a very fun survival horror game though. It reminds me much of Silent Hill. It is really cheap on Steam and worth every penny. It involves all of the good aspects of survival horror; atmosphere, puzzes, fight or flight, limited supplies, mystery, and player choices that effect the ending. Simple but great game.
Ooh, that's an interesting choice! I like it, though the game wasn't all that good for my tastes. I did make a Let's Play of it, which is something I need to finish when I get my computer working again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Juzie
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Juzie

PostSubject: Re: Generation's Greatest   Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 2:27 am

It's between Dark Souls, The Last of Us, Arkham City and Uncharted 2 for me (No I don't want to pick just one!). These are the games that I didn't sleep until I beat them and made me both ecstatic and angry when I ran out of things to do. I could see a really good argument for CoD4 as well, but this is just my opinion and I don't really care for games like that....
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Generation's Greatest   Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 11:20 am

You know what… I've been struggling with myself whether or not I like GTAV's campaign enough. The story was alright, the characters were kind of meh, and I'm not too sure I had any really memorable moments in the game. I enjoy the multiplayer, but I feel that I could have liked it a whole lot more than I should have.

If anything, it gets an honorable mention from me, but I can't say it was better than a game that has both the factor of fun, gameplay and story.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Generation's Greatest   Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 1:00 pm

Vandal wrote:
You know what… I've been struggling with myself whether or not I like GTAV's campaign enough. The story was alright, the characters were kind of meh, and I'm not too sure I had any really memorable moments in the game. I enjoy the multiplayer, but I feel that I could have liked it a whole lot more than I should have.

If anything, it gets an honorable mention from me, but I can't say it was better than a game that has both the factor of fun, gameplay and story.
Dude did you effin' play the heists?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Generation's Greatest   Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 2:05 pm

00biohazard wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Dude did you effin' play the heists?
Yeah, but it just seemed that we would lose the police too easily, and it kind of bummed me out. There were some high octain momnets, but none that had any lasting appeal. They were so few and so spread out with little reward other than in game money rather than new skills, jobs, or even real character development.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Generation's Greatest   Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 4:25 pm

Vandal wrote:

Bioshock: Infinite (2013)

Not only the best game I've played this year, but definitely the game that most deserves to be played. From the foundations of the game, everything was done right about this game. The story, the sound design, the art direction, the graphics, the music, the gameplay, every aspect of this game is, if not perfect, respectable. The entire experience doesn't need the prior titles to understand what is going on in the story--which is the absolute main aspect of the game. 

I can say with confidence, that this has the best story this gaming generation has to offer. Confusing? Very confusing, but by the end it feels like a Sherlock Holmes story, and everything gets woven together without any loose ends. It's by far the game that took my breath away.
I have got to agree with pretty much all of this, including the "best game of the year" part. I just finished the game and was blown away. The story really is incredible. Not sure if I consider it the best, but definitely up there.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Generation's Greatest   Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 11:33 pm

When I think back to all the stories I've played through, none of them has really shocked me or had as much emotional weight I personally invested in the game.

I even remember at one point, I was getting chased down by a Handy-Man right before Fitzroy's last scene, and I was out of both shotgun shells and sniper rounds. I was jumping around the sky rails and trying to find some corpses that possibly had something I didn't yet loot from them, and just when the Handy-Man caught up with me, Elizabeth throws a shotgun at me saying "Booker, catch!" I then physically said "Thanks." Lizzy became so real to me, and I was so immersed, I actually felt the need to be polite.

The only time I ever did that was in Resident Evil 5: I called my friend who was playing next to me "Sheva."

Last edited by Vandal on Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Generation's Greatest   Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 6:54 pm

No game this generation even comes close to Call of Duty: Ghosts.
None !
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Generation's Greatest   Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 7:12 pm

Mcghie wrote:
No game this generation even comes close to Call of Duty: Ghosts.
None !
Oh yes, clearly.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Generation's Greatest   Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 7:42 pm

Nah, Ghost was a bit of a let down. Heck, they even tried to rip-off the infamous zombies mode.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Generation's Greatest   Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 8:18 pm

Insert Sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Generation's Greatest   Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 8:27 pm

Vandal wrote:
Insert Sarcasm.
REALISTIC PWN DOES NOT APPROVE
Back to top Go down
ZombiePrincess
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ZombiePrincess

Playstation Network MisfitSilentts

PostSubject: Re: Generation's Greatest   Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 10:17 pm

Ghost was way overrated.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheKidsInYourCorner
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Generation's Greatest   Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 3:35 am

ZombiePrincess wrote:
Ghost was way overrated.

In a way, you could say any game is overrated, even when it has ridiculously low reviews. Superman 64 was overrated because no review will ever be low enough to be accurate. But yeah, Ghosts was a letdown.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Generation's Greatest   Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 7:41 pm

PWNERX wrote:
ZombiePrincess wrote:
Ghost was way overrated.

In a way, you could say any game is overrated, even when it has ridiculously low reviews. Superman 64 was overrated because  no review will ever be low enough to be accurate. But yeah, Ghosts was a letdown.
The Angry Video Game Nerd tossed the cartridge into the sun. I don't agree with you about any game being overrated.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Generation's Greatest   Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 3:17 am

Well, my idea was that in some cases a game can be overrated despite reviews being high or low. You could also say that some games are waaay too underrated. To me, I feel as though Goldeneye should've been 12/10.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Generation's Greatest   Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 12:18 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Well, my idea was that in some cases a game can be overrated despite reviews being high or low. You could also say that some games are waaay too underrated. To me, I feel as though Goldeneye should've been 12/10.
I suppose we just have two different views on what overrated and underrated mean. That or you're wrong.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Generation's Greatest   Generation's Greatest - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 3:37 pm

@Vandal: Yeah, Elizabeth was a fantastic character. In terms of story, how helpful she was as an AI partner and just how likable she was.

MINOR THE LAST OF US SPOILERS:
Talking about overrated games, The Last of Us stands out this generation to me. The story was decent, the characters were great (especially Ellie was awesome), the graphics weren't that special but the gameplay... the gameplay was incredibly dull and boring. It lacks variety, depth and just fun. It was just looking for supplies 90% of the game and the combat wasn't really satisfying. People are saying the story is amazing, but to me it barely even had story until the last 5 hours. I also really fail to see how this game is so emotional. People are saying it's at least as emotional as Journey but for me personally, just no. The only somewhat sad scene I remember was the beginning.
Spoiler:
I just don't get the insane hype, people calling it the best game ever and stuff. Heck, it beats GTA5 (which I loved, but a 9,7 average?) as most overrated game of the year to me.

Might be the wrong thread but just as a reply to people voting for The last of us as one of the best games of the generation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Generation's Greatest   Generation's Greatest - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Generation's Greatest
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2