HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

What happened to the most badass enemy in RE?

Go down 
+6
VortexPrime
RebelliousQueen
Mass Distraction
RaviorStygian
Vandal
Spike991
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? Empty
PostSubject: What happened to the most badass enemy in RE?   What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 4:10 pm

There was a point in time where Hunters were a BEAST that you didn't want to fuck with. RE1, Director's Cut, and just any game they appeared in, RE3, CVX, etc.

Now it being OTS instead of fixed angles might've played some role in this, but I don't think that's it.

I was playing Raid Mode in RER, and at one point they threw soo many flippin' Hunters at me, bombarded me really, I ran out of herbs and ammo because that's how many I had to mow down, on the stupid Terregrigia level, at the end of it no less. But the Hunters in RER still are only a shadow of their former awesomeness. Same with the Hunters in ORC. Although I didn't personally tackle those ones in ORC, as I couldn't stand to play it too long, I watched a buddy play through the entire game. He seemed to like it anyway.

But yeah, what happened to them?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the most badass enemy in RE?   What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 5:10 pm

They got super annoying in ORC. End of story, they became a chore.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the most badass enemy in RE?   What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 5:12 pm

They're actually pretty annoying in Revelations. Never played ORC but I'll take anyone's word when they say they were awful to fight in that game.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the most badass enemy in RE?   What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 5:49 pm

They would jump in front of you attack you then lose interest in you. It was horrible.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the most badass enemy in RE?   What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 5:59 pm

Mercy wrote:
They would jump in front of you attack you then lose interest in you. It was horrible.
So you had to chase them around? Ugh.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the most badass enemy in RE?   What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 7:55 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Mercy wrote:
That's pretty much what happens. It sucks that once they inflict damage on you and bolt, you just want to kill it for even trying to mess with you.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the most badass enemy in RE?   What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 7:22 am

I actually didn't find the hunters in ORC to be that much of a challenge. I only played on normal, though. In Revelations they are only annoying when they throw a dozen of them at you at the same time.

I never did find them that bad in the original either. I do, however, miss the ominous feel they had. I am still excited for new Hunter models though. Farfarello is pretty cool with the invisibility and all. They're annoying to fight, though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the most badass enemy in RE?   What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 8:55 am

What happened to the most badass enemy of Resident Evil? They screwed up. Just like Mercy said Hunters are annoying in Operation Raccoon City
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
VortexPrime
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
VortexPrime

Playstation Network Had to sell it for ren

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the most badass enemy in RE?   What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 11:16 am

Yeah I hate Hunters jn Resident Evil 1. I mean it's more of a love hate relationship but yeah. They look so cool and always scare the crap out of you in the original. In later installments you are better armed so they aren't quite as scary.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/VortexThePrime?feature=guide
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the most badass enemy in RE?   What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 1:11 pm

Mercy wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
Mercy wrote:
That's pretty much what happens. It sucks that once they inflict damage on you and bolt, you just want to kill it for even trying to mess with you.

lol I know right? We've all been there. RE seems to be doing that quite a bit with their enemies though haven't they? I mean, having them sort of less aggressive. Definately the way how enemies, especially the Majini and some of the newer Hunters will just run up to you and not really attack. They're just like indecisive or something. That's why we like the original Hunters, and others like Crimson Heads, they don't hesitate, they just want you dead!

Mass Distraction wrote:
In Revelations they are only annoying when they throw a dozen of them at you at the same time.

I never did find them that bad in the original either. I do, however, miss the ominous feel they had. I am still excited for new Hunter models though. Farfarello is pretty cool with the invisibility and all. They're annoying to fight, though.

Yeah, and they do throw a dozen at you, in fact, dozens. In Raid Mode, on that stupid Terregrigia level, when I got killed, and I believe I posted about it, I went and decided I'd give it the old college try, again, and I figured I'd save my grenades, be more conservative with my health and ammo, and I'd be able to make it through. I never have to redo something more than once.

However...at one point, towards the end, where I died the first time, there's a padlocked elevator door that you have to kill dozens of Hunters to get. And I don't mean like 24 or 36, I mean these fuckers kept on coming. In fact, even after I got the Old Key that you need to unlock the door, they kept coming. I tried to stick it out and just kill them all, but I was getting the impression that they came out infinitly, so I barely managed to get onto the elevator...then, after losing most of my ammo, and having zero herbs, right before they send you out onto the heliport where there's two choppers out there, they give you 1 herb, and just a bit of ammo.

Needless to say, when they are pitting you up against all those Hunters out on the helipad, that just isn't enough. I tried, and I died...I haven't attempted since. But yeah, they were extra obnoxious with the Hunters in RER, especially in Raid Mode, specifically on the Trench difficulty for the Terrigrigia level.

Oh, and the original Hunters weren't so bad, unless you got caught in a spot where two Hunters took turns swiping at you, while you are unable to run or aim your gun long enough to pull the trigger, until you eventually die. Not cool.

VortexPrime wrote:
Yeah I hate Hunters jn Resident Evil 1. I mean it's more of a love hate relationship but yeah. They look so cool and always scare the crap out of you in the original. In later installments you are better armed so they aren't quite as scary.

I love their old battle cry, especially when you kill them with a pistol. It's very memorable.

They got rid of this though, in the newer games, like REmake and RER and ORC, it probably sounds more...realistic I guess, but I miss the old Hunter's battle cry.

Oh, and I played RE6 Online, on a buddy's Ps3 last night. I should probably post about my epic run!
Back to top Go down
Outbreakgirl
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Outbreakgirl

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the most badass enemy in RE?   What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 4:42 pm

What happened? I have no flippin' clue. Hunters were terrible in Revelations. Not because they can turn invisible, but they can gather n a posse and stomp a mudhole when given the chance.
Back to top Go down
VortexPrime
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
VortexPrime

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the most badass enemy in RE?   What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 5:04 pm

Wait... hunters can turn invisible in Revelations? What the hell? What plot device allows them to do that?

And yeah Spike, I loved the old Hunter cry.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the most badass enemy in RE?   What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 5:56 pm

I like the idea of a Hunter posse!

@Vortex, yep, for whatever reason, Hunters have some sort of invisibilty cloaking ability.

Not sure the logical reasoning behind it, but for some unknown reason, Mass seems to really dig invisibility in RE. Even though it doesn't fit at all.

It's almost as bad as Vector in ORC's invisibility. But hey, they did it.

If they come up with a good explanation, I might be able to accept invisible Hunters.

Oh, speaking of those things, I finally finsished that Terregrigia level. With ammo and health to spare! Here's a pic right at the end, before I roundhouse kicked that coin. Yeah, suck on that Hunters! Razz
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Outbreakgirl
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Outbreakgirl

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the most badass enemy in RE?   What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 8:29 pm

I could look it up as to why they turn invisible, bu i'm just lazy.
Back to top Go down
VortexPrime
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
VortexPrime

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the most badass enemy in RE?   What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 8:42 pm

I would look it up but im afraid of spoilers lol
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the most badass enemy in RE?   What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 10:00 am

not only Hunters, but many kick ass characters were "humiliated" by ORC, Hunters were "monster" monsters. Usually running away was the best weapon against em in early days.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the most badass enemy in RE?   What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 12:16 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Oh, and the original Hunters weren't so bad, unless you got caught in a spot where two Hunters took turns swiping at you, while you are unable to run or aim your gun long enough to pull the trigger, until you eventually die. Not cool.
That happens to people? I usually just kill them before I get two at once to avoid inconvenience.

VortexPrime wrote:
Wait... hunters can turn invisible in Revelations? What the hell? What plot device allows them to do that?
Does it really matter? I mean, they are bio organic weapons developed by a fictional company that has unlimited funds on everything. Them being able to cloak themselves is not that far fetched in these games.

If you want something more tangible, here's what RE WIki has to say: "As a result of being administered the t-Abyss virus, the Farfarello came to have aquatic characteristics, such as the ability to mimic their surroundings and become transparent similar to a group of aquatic organisms."
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
VortexPrime
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
VortexPrime

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the most badass enemy in RE?   What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 1:44 pm

I just wanted to know the reason thats all. Im not being picky Mass. Im with you. I really have little to no complaints about Resi's new direction and im stoked for revelations hd port. Im not interested in buying a 3ds for one or two games. Thanks for the info Mass.
Back to top Go down
Outbreakgirl
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Outbreakgirl

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the most badass enemy in RE?   What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 8:48 pm

VortexPrime wrote:

Ahh ok.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the most badass enemy in RE?   What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 7:43 am

Hey now dont forget the Hunters in Code Veronica, THEY WERE NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH lol, but ya the ones in Revelations were pretty easy. Orc Hunters I thought were a bit of a challenge unless of course you had the Juggernaught I do believe and that would absolutely destroy their face. It`s just like everything else I guess everyones trying to appeal to the casual gamer. Lets make this game easier so everyone can play it *yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy*
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the most badass enemy in RE?   What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 12:07 pm

MassDistraction wrote:
If you want something more tangible, here's what RE WIki has to say: "As a result of being administered the t-Abyss virus, the Farfarello came to have aquatic characteristics, such as the ability to mimic their surroundings and become transparent similar to a group of aquatic organisms."

Take that with a grain of salt.

REF has the most dedicated and motivated users on the net!

Outbreakgirl wrote:
I could look it up as to why they turn invisible, bu i'm just lazy.

VortexPrime wrote:
Back to top Go down
Zombie_Military_Police
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Zombie_Military_Police

Playstation Network King_Snake89

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the most badass enemy in RE?   What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 6:53 am

The Sweepers in CV were tough to tackle, plus they had poison.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the most badass enemy in RE?   What happened to the most badass enemy in RE? Empty

Back to top Go down

What happened to the most badass enemy in RE?
Page 1 of 1