HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker) EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker) EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker) EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker) EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker) Empty
PostSubject: Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker)   Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker) EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 1:02 am

Okay, now I've posted about Waugh numerous times in the past, but now I've finally aquired a couple of his scenes from his live action roles, thanks to my iPod Touch! Razz

Enjoy the man behind Wesker. And no, it isn't DC Douglas. UC and RE5 Wesker can go play in traffic.

First is a scene from CVX in which Waugh lends his voice to the character Wesker, just in case you forgot what Al really sounds like.
Spoiler:

Next is a live action scene of Waugh's from Animal 2. Quite possibly my favourite of his live action stuff.
Spoiler:

Then is a scene of Waugh's from the Timothy Dalton excorcism film Possessed.
Spoiler:

Another short scene of his from Possessed.
Spoiler:

Another scene from CVX involving Waugh's Wesker, pitted against Chris and Alexia!
Spoiler:

Then a scene from DSC's Game Of Oblivion, involving Roger Craig Smith as Chris and Allyson Court as Claire leaving the Antarctic Facility in a Hind D I believe. Very epic scene.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker)   Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker) EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 2:01 am

DC Douglas is better Rolling Eyes He sounds like a superheros boss !!!
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker)   Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker) EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 7:53 am

D.C Douglas all the way, probably because RE5 was my first R.E.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker)   Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker) EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:15 am

the fist time I heard DC Douglas was in UC so that's enough for me, I'm team Richard all the way yyyaaaaayyyy!!!
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker)   Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker) EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 1:28 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
the fist time I heard DC Douglas was in UC so that's enough for me, I'm team Richard all the way yyyaaaaayyyy!!!

Right? The first time I played UC I didn't even realize Wesker was narrating the game, until the RE1 section where he refers to himself in the first person, then you see Wesker talking.

Otherwise, I thought it was a generic narrator, like RE2 and CVX had.

That's how different DC Douglas sounds from Waugh, and Wesker.

Now, if you played RE5 first, obviously you are going to think Wesker when you hear his voice. Can't anything change that, but Waugh is a wayyy better Wesker, he really captured and helped create that character.

When I hear DC Douglas' voice now, of course I think Wesker, but a different Wesker, DC Douglas Wesker. It's obviously different than Wesker from RE0, RE4, CVX and the Wesker's Report. It's just not the same.

Wesker was never a generic comic book villian, but he became that in RE5, and UC too.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker)   Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker) EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 1:43 pm

Prefer Waugh, love his voice acting in CV. DC Douglas is alright.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker)   Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker) EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 1:52 pm

@spike: Dc Douglas added that feeling of massive badassness, which Al lacked before him, I mean I understand that its a matter of choice and not saying that Waugh sucks ass, but before DC wesker sounded flat and cold, after him he sounds more determined and definitely more demented, He managed to turn Albert to a bad boy, that everybody "Loves To Hate"!!!
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker)   Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker) EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 2:09 pm

Will the real Albert Wesker please stand up? Please stand up! *Richard Waugh stands from his chair*

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
@spike: Dc Douglas added that feeling of massive badassness, which Al lacked before him, I mean I understand that its a matter of choice and not saying that Waugh sucks ass, but before DC wesker sounded flat and cold, after him he sounds more determined and definitely more demented, He managed to turn Albert to a bad boy, that everybody "Loves To Hate"!!!

"masive badassness"? He sounds like just some random crazy guy. And a generic comic book villian.

"Over? I'm just getting StarTED!!!", "Ahhh, there you are!". He had such a fake sounding brit accent, it was even funny. Waugh captured the cold and ruthlessness of Wesker. Douglas has even said himself how he wishes that he could've voiced Wesker from the beginning, and make it his own, isntead of trying to mimic an already etablished character with an already established voice.

And you're right, I definately love to hate DC Douglas' Wesker.

I've gotten used to certain things about his character in RE5, such as the way he combats his enemies, like during the fight with Chris and Jill, though the barrel rolling in midair to dodge bullets is still unnecessary. But his voice still stands out as a negative aspect.

I feel like Chris is living up to his potential with Roger Craig Smith supplying his voice, but DC Douglas' voice just doesn't do the character justice. "I expected more of a challenge after all this time Chris, how dissapointing". The only thing dissapointing was Douglas' delivery on his lines. They sound fake and ingenuine, while Waugh's Wesker sounded real. I really still can't believe that they changed his VA from Waugh to Douglas. I mean, it's almost as bad as if the they had changed Allyson Court to some nobody for Claire's voice. Court has been Claire since her debut in RE2, then in CV, CVX, Degenetation and DSC. Nobody can replace her. I thought the same of Sally Cahill as Ada Wong, but they changed her VA in Damnation and RE6...

Waugh and Cahill(Wesker and Ada) were both in the film Possessed BTW.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker)   Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker) Empty

Back to top Go down

Richard Waugh (The Real Albert Wesker)
Page 1 of 1