Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Why Is It So Dang Small??? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Why Is It So Dang Small??? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Why Is It So Dang Small??? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Why Is It So Dang Small??? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Why Is It So Dang Small??? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Why Is It So Dang Small??? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Why Is It So Dang Small??? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Why Is It So Dang Small??? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Why Is It So Dang Small??? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Why Is It So Dang Small???

Go down 
+5
Teh Black Cat
Vandal
37 Narwhals
00biohazard
Spike991
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Why Is It So Dang Small??? Empty
PostSubject: Why Is It So Dang Small???   Why Is It So Dang Small??? EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 7:01 am

That's what she said..

Ok, so this is something that has bothered me since UC. All of a sudden the text in the RE games just started to get smaller and smaller. I used to hate that in UC, but I got used to it, and it isn't so bad. It's sequel, DSC, got even smaller. WTF, I had a problem with it before, and how does Capcom fix it? By making it even smaller of course.

Now that's not the end, as RE5 got smaller than it's predecessor, and even tended to use white text over white, or really light backgrounds. Good job Capcom, you're doing it!

But wait, it doesn't stop there, in RE6, they made it even smaller! OMFG stop it Crapcom, I can't take it anymore. I don't want to have to whip out my magnifying glass just to read Files or to read the little tips n shit that you have up during loading screens...

Anybody else have this issue or is it just me?
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Why Is It So Dang Small???   Why Is It So Dang Small??? EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 7:32 am

I have realized that. I can't play RE unless it's on my big TV anymore, especially the small ass splitscreen it has now in RE6. Maybe they have a partnership with a glasses making company, and they're trying to boost sales? Razz
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Why Is It So Dang Small???   Why Is It So Dang Small??? EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 2:10 pm

Maybe Capcom is assuming that we all sit about a foot away from a big TV when we play. Split-screen is pretty terrible because of this.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Why Is It So Dang Small???   Why Is It So Dang Small??? EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 2:16 pm

Glad I'm not the only one. Smile

Of course, it is pretty dumb how they split the screen in RE6. I mean, they split it horizontally half and half. Then they split-off a bit more, just for good measure. I mean, it makes playing with a buddy a pain in the ass, unless you're playing online, which I'm not.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Why Is It So Dang Small???   Why Is It So Dang Small??? EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 3:54 pm

The font actually seems the largest in Resident Evil 6. By comparison of Resident Evil 5 at least.
Back to top Go down
Teh Black Cat
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Teh Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: Why Is It So Dang Small???   Why Is It So Dang Small??? EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 5:36 pm

Because where is the fun in actually being able to see stuff? lel.
Back to top Go down
Paperface*
Zombie
Zombie
Paperface*

PostSubject: Re: Why Is It So Dang Small???   Why Is It So Dang Small??? EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:03 am

Hahaa, i played the game first with my friend on this super small TV that's as big as my ass. because my parents wouldn't let me play on the big screen cause of electricty bills and all that. I couldn't take it. afer i finished i would just faint.. it's a good thing i begged for my mom to let me play on the big screen though or i wouldn't be enjoying RE6 at all!
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Why Is It So Dang Small???   Why Is It So Dang Small??? EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:34 am

Teh Black Cat wrote:
Because where is the fun in actually being able to see stuff? lel.

Good point.

Paperface* wrote:
Hahaa, i played the game first with my friend on this super small TV that's as big as my ass. because my parents wouldn't let me play on the big screen cause of electricty bills and all that. I couldn't take it. afer i finished i would just faint.. it's a good thing i begged for my mom to let me play on the big screen though or i wouldn't be enjoying RE6 at all!

Oh you measure things that way too? Razz

Yeah, I can't imagine playing split-screen on a screen any smaller than 32. Otherwise you're gonna go blind.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Why Is It So Dang Small???   Why Is It So Dang Small??? EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 3:23 am

I actually thought the subtitle font in RE6 was rather large. I ended up turning it off because it was distracting.

In RE5 the font was horribly small, though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Why Is It So Dang Small???   Why Is It So Dang Small??? EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 8:45 am

You know I dont think iv noticed....then again im playing on a bigger TV
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Why Is It So Dang Small???   Why Is It So Dang Small??? EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 1:26 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I actually thought the subtitle font in RE6 was rather large. I ended up turning it off because it was distracting.

Really? I'm talking about in the Files, as well as the tips that show up during loading screens. I was trying to piece together what the tips were each time a loading screen popped up, because it was so hard to read, I couldn't do it during a single loading screen.

chocotricks wrote:
F*** You
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Why Is It So Dang Small???   Why Is It So Dang Small??? EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 4:28 pm

At least it's not Mass Effect 2. Thankfully only the second game in the trilogy had small text.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Why Is It So Dang Small???   Why Is It So Dang Small??? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 4:31 am

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Really? I'm talking about in the Files, as well as the tips that show up during loading screens. I was trying to piece together what the tips were each time a loading screen popped up, because it was so hard to read, I couldn't do it during a single loading screen.
How big is your TV?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Why Is It So Dang Small???   Why Is It So Dang Small??? EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 8:15 am

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

chocotricks wrote:
F*** You

lolol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Is It So Dang Small???   Why Is It So Dang Small??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Is It So Dang Small???
Page 1 of 1