HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest!

Go down 
+6
chocotricks
NiteKrawler
PAULSAMSON
Mass Distraction
Vandal
Spike991
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest!   Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 4:02 pm

Sup peeps? Well I was recently playing RE4, on GC. Haven't touched it in at least a couple years, but goddam it's awesome. I'm only at the part where you see Dr. Salvador. I'm playing Pro, I guess my Pro file got erased at some point? But yeah, wanted to go through like I did the first time. And it's super challenging. Honestly, I died sooo many times in the village part with the Doc. It's like ridiculous.

Which brings me to my point, I want to have a contest in which any user can participate by simply recording their playthrough of that part with Dr. Salvador. So from the time you enter through the door and Hunnigan gives you a "user manual" or whatever, til the point where the church bell saves your ass. No more, no less. I don't want to see anybody's play getting up to that point, just that one part of the game.

Now, I'll be judging the runs, and whichever one I find most amusing and fun will earn that user a prize. Now I'm still not positive what the prize will be. I have an extra copy of the original GC REmake for GC, as well as an extra copy of Dead Aim for Ps2(without the case), or some cake(nah that's a lie). Those are two possible prizes. Lemme know which sounds most appealing.

As far as the rules go; basically I just want a single run, I'd like to say only record that first time, whether you survive the onslaught of ganados or not. You don't win the contest by surviving, the winner could get beheaded for all I care, it's just whichever run I enjoy most. Must be played on Professional. You can use whichever costume you like, if you have more available. But you must also use the default weapon set, so start a new game on Pro. That means no Chicago Typewriter and inifinite launcher... Rolling Eyes

Record your run from the point that you enter the village, and once you either A. get saved by the church bell or B. get killed, your run is over, that's it. No redos. I believe you can also survive by killing Dr. Salvador, good luck with that. Oh, so that we know that it's your run and not some random vid from Youtube, at the beginning of your run, aim at your feet and spin around 3 times. Seriously.

Then just post your vid up here for us all to enjoy. Smile Whichever I like best gets the prize! And if you have any ideas for possible prizes please share.

Any questions can be asked here. The contest starts now! Get into that village and fight for you life! Or run away, however you want to do it!

Example:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest!   Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:57 pm

I don't have any fancy equipment to record my stuff except for my camera. Can I just shout out instead of spinning around three times while aiming at the ground? That seems a bit weird.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest!   Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 6:32 pm

Mercy wrote:
I don't have any fancy equipment to record my stuff except for my camera. Can I just shout out instead of spinning around three times while aiming at the ground? That seems a bit weird.

Sure. You can give a shout out or spin around three times while looking at the ground, or both. Just so we know it's legit. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest!   Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:49 am

So, do I have to trigger Dr. Salvador or can I just bullshit my way through the village like I did on my first ever playthrough?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest!   Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 1:00 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
So, do I have to trigger Dr. Salvador or can I just bullshit my way through the village like I did on my first ever playthrough?

I suppose not. Though, as far as entertainment value goes, I'd rather watch somebody deal with a chainsaw wielding maniac than just a bunch of ganados. JS. Wink

Oh, and as far as proving that you are playing on Pro we may need to have the beginning of the game. ugh

Just skip cutscenes.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest!   Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 1:03 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I suppose not. Though, as far as entertainment value goes, I'd rather watch somebody deal with a chainsaw wielding maniac than just a bunch of ganados. JS. Wink

Oh, and as far as proving that you are playing on Pro we may need to have the beginning of the game. ugh

Just skip cutscenes.
Or we could just save up to the part where we have to record, then show in the loading game screen that we're playing pro.

Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest!   Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 1:04 pm

I played that part on the hd version the other day on normal, I could do it but in pro I think, but I would die pretty often
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest!   Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Mercy wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Just skip cutscenes.
Or we could just save up to the part where we have to record, then show in the loading game screen that we're playing pro.

That works for me.

@Paul, yep, that's what I want to see. lol But it's how you get there that counts. Wink
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest!   Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 1:22 pm

Alright, here's my entry. I had to adjust my camera at the start, that and I did try to spin around three times but once was really slow so I didn't do it for the final take. Yes, that's me sighing from relief at the end. I haven't played this game in a while...
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest!   Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 1:57 pm

Great success Mercy. And thanks for the forum recognition!
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest!   Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 3:54 pm

Of course! Though I don't have many subscribers.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest!   Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 3:18 am

Okay, I can't watch vids on this computer I'm using for some reason...

But I can't wait to watch your vid Mercy!

Any others? Can't have a contest with one contestant. First and last place!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest!   Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 7:45 am

Spike991 wrote:
Any others? Can't have a contest with one contestant. First and last place!
I'll make one once I get this recording thing to work properly. I can't not make an extra gameplay video if I have the chance.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest!   Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:48 pm

Mercy wrote:
Alright, here's my entry. I had to adjust my camera at the start, that and I did try to spin around three times but once was really slow so I didn't do it for the final take. Yes, that's me sighing from relief at the end. I haven't played this game in a while...

Very nice. Loved how you sped through that beginning part. It didn't look easy. Razz

I probably wouldn't have known if you were gonna survive or not, if I hadn't read this first:

NiteKrawler wrote:
Great success Mercy. And thanks for the forum recognition!
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest!   Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:53 pm

Actually, I wasn't referring to him surviving. Just to the great video.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest!   Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 8:44 pm

Alright guys, we need some more contestants! Ka-bump!
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest!   Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:38 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zu9gWoxjQw&feature=youtu.be

Omg I did terrible lol oh well

Ill learn how to embed a video one day
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest!   Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 4:19 am

I got it for ya Choco. Wink

Jesus, you're terrible. haha

You shot that one Ganado that was dancing around in the leg like 5 times and he was still dancin'!

Oh, and you got off'd by a lady Ganado. Rolling Eyes

You know, I could probably record a run myself, with my Touch, now that I think about it. Of course I don't think I could participate in the contest. lol

Very nice indeed. I should probably go back and watch Mercy's again too. Here are our two current entries:

Chocotricks
Spoiler:

Mercy
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest!   Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 8:32 am

I would try IFF I had a digital video recorder. I know how to do it; all you need is plenty of ammo, handgun, some grenades, and LEAVE THAT PUNKASS DR SALVADOR OUTA DIS! Sheez.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Lightning Count
Cerberus
Cerberus
Lightning Count

Playstation Network LightningCamaro

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest!   Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 9:44 am

I'm going to give this a try, will record my attempt later.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest!   Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 10:45 am

Make sure you guys read the rules. Spike has to know its you and he has to know it's on pro.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest!   Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:01 pm

K guys, here is my Village run. I know, I did awesome.

Spoiler:

Oh, and another possible prize?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest!   Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 7:38 am

Turns out all my saves have vanished. Well, now I just have to pirate a PC version and mod all the unlockables open. Le sigh...
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest!   Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 9:49 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Turns out all my saves have vanished. Well, now I just have to pirate a PC version and mod all the unlockables open. Le sigh...

Arrrr. You mean because you can't start a game of Pro initially? And you'd be suprised at how often that seems to happen.

Oh, and Leon was actually the one who was bashing on the Boy Scouts. Not the Policia guy. My B. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest!   Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 10:31 am

Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Arrrr. You mean because you can't start a game of Pro initially? And you'd be suprised at how often that seems to happen.
That's what I was hoping for but alas, you cannot. The reason I have no saves left is actually a lot sadder than just saves vanishing. I don't have a PS2 anymore so I can't use my PS2 version, my previous PS3 died with my HD version saves in it, I've lost the memory stick containing my backup saves and I seem to have wiped the backups of backups from the external hard drive they were in. Woe is me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest!   Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest! Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil Forums Dot Net Contest!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next