HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Student Senate approves zombie apocalypse EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Student Senate approves zombie apocalypse EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Student Senate approves zombie apocalypse EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Student Senate approves zombie apocalypse EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Student Senate approves zombie apocalypse EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Student Senate approves zombie apocalypse EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Student Senate approves zombie apocalypse EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Student Senate approves zombie apocalypse EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Student Senate approves zombie apocalypse EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Student Senate approves zombie apocalypse

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

Student Senate approves zombie apocalypse Empty
PostSubject: Student Senate approves zombie apocalypse   Student Senate approves zombie apocalypse EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 7:51 am

Interesting.

(SIUE now has a student organization that pits humans versus zombies.
The Student Senate approved the constitution for HvZ — Humans versus Zombies — of SIUE at their meeting Friday. Human versus Zombies is a modified game of tag, in which a team of humans square off against a team of zombies. At SIUE, the game will use Nerf blasters.
Junior criminal justice major Chaning Marsh, of Taylorville, said he started the club to make it easier to have the games at SIUE.
“I realized that there would be a lot of roadblocks if we wanted to do it on campus,” Marsh said. “A friend suggested that we become a student organization because we would have few roadblocks.”
Campus Activities Board Adviser Michelle Welter said the group was encouraged to become a registered organization so the university would have more control over their activities. Marsh said HvZ of SIUE has incorporated rules from University Risk Management and coordinated with campus police to have a location to store their Nerf arsenal.
When Senator Jeremy Asiedu questioned if there was a need for a registered organization for the activity, Welter approached the Senate to speak on behalf of HvZ at SIUE.
“They have already had to go through four different organizations to get here,” Welter said. “They have had to go through most other organizations.”
The measure passed without dissent after Welter spoke. Anyone interested in joining can find information on the HvZ of SIUE Facebook page.
In other business, three other student organizations were approved at the meeting. The GNU/Linux User Group, Kappa Sigma fraternity and Scott Field Post, Society of American Military Engineers are all new organizations.
Senior computer science major Kevin Anderson, of Godfrey, said the GNU/Linux User Group was formed primarily to have a good time.
“It’s just fun,” Anderson said. “That’s really what it is, having the source code available to you, being able to learn from it and contribute to it.”
Linux is an open source computer operating system. Anderson described GNU as a software project using the Linux kernel. A kernel connects the software to the hardware of the computer.
Kappa Sigma will be the newest fraternity on campus. Junior international business major Collin Akers, of Geneseo, said the organization was founded to give students an opportunity to make something of themselves, not just get a diploma.
“It is a group of 53 members who are very ambitious and willing to go against the grain,” Akers said. “If you have a group of 50 men like that, it’s amazing what can happen.”
Akers said Kappa Sigma wants to become a member of the Greek community at SIUE, not compete with it.
“We want to diversify student life,” Akers said.
The Scott Field Post, Society of American Military Engineers is the newest engineering organization on campus.
Junior electrical engineering major Brian Earll, of Waterloo, said one of the goals of the organization is to educate students about the military.
“We want to show people that the military isn’t as daunting and intimidating as people think it is,” Earll said.
The group will work to take advantage of the proximity to Scott Air Force Base and the networking opportunities presented by the high-ranking officers stationed there.
“We feel it is something so close to home and we really haven’t been using it,” Earll said.
The Scott Field Post, Society of American Military Engineers will focus on networking opportunities and bringing in speakers. Earll wants students to know that anyone can join the group.
“You don’t have to be involved in the military to be part of the group,” Earll said. “This will allow them to have the military connections that they wouldn’t otherwise have.”
The meeting began with an address from Staff Senate President Keith Becherer, who outlined the Staff Senate’s accomplishments this academic year. Among the topics Becherer discussed was the state of Illinois’ continued efforts at enacting pension reform for state employees and the state’s ongoing budget crisis. Becherer said both are negatively impacting the school’s ability to hire new staff members.
Becherer informed the Student Senate that the Staff Senate is investigating an issue with student employees being dropped from payroll for non-payment of tuition a week before tuition is due. Student loans are dispersed the day before tuition is due.
“Students could work a lot of hours that week but can’t and then have to go through the rehire process,” Becherer said.
Becherer also discussed the campuswide effort at improving student retention rates.
“It’s a university issue. It’s not just a student or faculty issue,” Becherer said. “It’s also a staff issue.”)
-http://www.alestlelive.com/news/article_eee41364-2795-11e2-883f-001a4bcf6878.html

Last edited by ChrisSherry on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Student Senate approves zombie apocalypse   Student Senate approves zombie apocalypse EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 10:17 pm

Don't read links, but the title seems interesting enough.
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Student Senate approves zombie apocalypse   Student Senate approves zombie apocalypse EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 5:50 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Don't read links, but the title seems interesting enough.

Oh, sorry. I just edited it and copy and pasted it for you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Student Senate approves zombie apocalypse   Student Senate approves zombie apocalypse EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 3:17 am

Thx CS!

That's actually pretty cool. I used to use this double-barrel nerf shotgun. It was pretty badass. My boomstick. Smile It actually had it so that you loaded the nerf darts into these little shells, which you place in the gun barrel, like a real double-barrel shotgun. Pretty nifty. I had a knack for shooting ppl in the eye. Razz
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Student Senate approves zombie apocalypse   Student Senate approves zombie apocalypse EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 7:05 am

Spike991 wrote:
Thx CS!

That's actually pretty cool. I used to use this double-barrel nerf shotgun. It was pretty badass. My boomstick. Smile It actually had it so that you loaded the nerf darts into these little shells, which you place in the gun barrel, like a real double-barrel shotgun. Pretty nifty. I had a knack for shooting ppl in the eye. Razz

Not a problem Smile

That's awesome. Nerf guns rule!
lol yeah, being shot in the eye by one is not so fun afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Student Senate approves zombie apocalypse   Student Senate approves zombie apocalypse Empty

Back to top Go down

Student Senate approves zombie apocalypse
Page 1 of 1