Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Christmas Sweater EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Christmas Sweater EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Christmas Sweater EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Christmas Sweater EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Christmas Sweater EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Christmas Sweater EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Christmas Sweater EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Christmas Sweater EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Christmas Sweater EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Christmas Sweater

Go down 
+2
Methsia
Vandal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Christmas Sweater Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Sweater   Christmas Sweater EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 5:25 am

Alright, I'm not one to make fan fiction, but I've been toying with the idea about why Chris persists on always wearing green, the short version is that it reminds him of his sister, the long version is below. It takes place after Chris' discharge from the Airforce. As you can tell by the end I got lazy and basically wrote myself into a corner. Anyway, this is just a test to see if you guys like this kind of stuff. I have plans of Jill's past with pianos and bombs as well as a short story on what happened to Rebecca after the mansion incident, so if you give me the approval I'll keep working on these things. They're all one shot short stories, nothing too serious. I just wanted to see Chris and Claire interact without facing a deadly threat.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy The Christmas Sweater.

Chris opened the car door to the passenger's side of his sister's car and a mountain of garbage spilled to his feet. He shook his head as he peered into the car, not ready to get in, only to stare daggers at his sibling behind the wheel. She felt his eyes piercing her, but refused to let up, Claire glared right back at him. A hint of weakness caked her eyes. 

"This is what you do to my car?"
"It's not your car anymore." she said trying to act tough for no intent. 
"I thought girls were more tidy than guys."
"Yeah well..." Claire stopped. She wanted to back talk but at the same time she was glad to see him so close to her again. 
"Claire."
"Are we going or are you going to stand out in the cold and complain about my car?"

Chris sighed and stepped in, shaking his head so she could see his frustration, he moved the junk around the floor as loud as he could so she will remember that his old car was a mess. "Every time I come back home this car seems to get in worse and worse shape." Chris muttered as Claire attempted to rev the engine. "When was the last time you changed the oil?"
"Can't say I have."
"You're empty on gas."
"I've got a couple of miles on there. Enough to get back home."

Claire continued to rev the car, sneaking peeks at the disgust in Chris' face. 

"You should get a motorcycle."
"You're kidding right?"
"No, Claire. You'll have great gas mileage, you don't have to change the oil as often, and you won't have the chance for this to happen." 

Chris said this moving the trash beneath his feet. Claire rolled her eyes and let out an exasperated breath. "I'll think about it." she told him, to avoid further argument rather than actually consider it. The car started and she backed out to drive over to the highway. She was just happy to see her brother back for the first time in years. Claire didn't want to poke and prod at his personal life but he seemed to be on the edge since he got discharged from the airforce. 

"So where do you plan on going?" she asked. She had to ask. The silence was killing her. 

"One of my buddies is telling me Raccoon City has some promising team forming with ex-military officers."
"Who's this buddy?"
"You don't know him."
"Yeah, but-"
"What do you want me to do Claire, tell you stories about people you don't know?"
"Never stopped you before."

More silence, Claire was beating herself up inside. Her relationship with her brother was never this strained and he seemed to make it out to be her fault. She knew the car wasn't a big deal to him, at least she didn't think so. Maybe his discharge was affecting him more than she knew. 

"Anything you want to talk about?"

Chris was looking out the foggy ice covered window as if he didn't even hear her say anything. He instead pulled out a box of cigarettes and a zippo with images carved into the side of it. 

"You don't smoke."
"I do now." Chris said popping one in his mouth. 
"Well there's no hot boxing here." Claire said sternly. 
"You apparently do everything else in here." Chris said moving the trash under his feet again. 

Claire snatched the death stick from her brother's mouth, and rolled the window down, "Hey!" Chis exclaimed as she flicked it out. "You'll thank me later, those things will kill you." Claire affirmed. Chris just shook his head, grinding his teeth. 

"Chris."
"I don't know, Claire."
"Wanna to know how mom and dad are doing?"
"If I know them, dad's still a drunk and mom won't quit her gambling."
"Yeah, one big happy family."

Chris scoffed at that, resting his forehead against the window as if he was using the coolness to relieve the pain from a belligerent headache. He peered at Claire, who looked like she too was in pain but refusing to show it. Chris didn't smirk as much as he did widen his lips in a small disappointment in himself. He wanted to keep coming off cold to her, he wasn't sure why, he just did. He was pissed at the world and was taking it out on his sister. Chris looked away before she could see him eyeing her. 

"You know how to get back home?" Chris asked, looking at the lamp posts whoosh by them at 80mph. 
"Yeah, of course I know how to get back home. How do you think I picked you up?" Claire replied trying to come off as Chris had been the entire car ride. The car was humming, and the roads were full, she didn't like where this conversation was taking her. 

"How was your flight?" she asked, still trying to connect with him.
"It was slow."

Claire mimicked her brother's scoff, Chris smiled even. "You would have done a barrel roll with fifty passengers in the plane if you had the chance." 
"Damn straight I would. Teach those jerks to keep their seat belts on when the light is on."

Claire smiled for the first time since they got in the car, sure she was upset that he didn't return the hug at the airport, but she knew he was still in there. 

"Do you... want to talk about it?"

Chris was sighed again. 

"I knew I was wrong, but my CO was such a dick that I wanted to piss him off."
"CO is what again?"
"Commanding Officer."
"Oh so, he was giving you a hard time.. What happened?"
"We just couldn't see eye to eye."
"As usual, the ever uncompromising Chris Redfield shows up his superiors." 
"Hey, with our dad being our dad can you really blame me, Claire?"
"I guess not, but still, you have got to learn to be more humble."
"And you're the queen of humility?"
"Compared to you, I am."
"How ironic of you."

Chris smiled, Claire was focused on the road, but she could feel it. It made her warm inside. They finally reached the house they grew up in, looking at each other they stepped out of the car and began to unload Chris' luggage. 

"Oh wait, I almost forgot." Claire said opening the back door of her car. "It's an early Christmas present." She said presenting a green woven sweater vest. 

"Oh my god, Jesus Christ." Chris whined, looking at the garment in disgust. "I hate green, it reminds me of vomit."

"Hey, I hand knit this!" Claire exclaimed, offended. 
"What are you talking about? The tag is still on it."
"It's called being festive, try it some time."

Chris rolled his eyes and accepted the tacky sweater vest as Claire reached in the backseat to get her red one on. "We match!" she beamed at him. 

Chris sighed again, but produced a smile, he could have swore it was out of pity but he loved his sister too much for that. 

A few weeks later, Chris found himself picking a bulletproof vest in the armory of S.T.A.R.S. 

"Green? You're our new point-man?" The voice of a female startled Chris as he turned around. Jill had her fists on her hips as she examined Chris. 

"The vests are color coded?"
"Yeah, why were you choosing it? You didn't know?"
"Reminds me of my sister." Chris explained. "She looks up to me."
"How do you figure?"
"She bought a motorcycle."
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

Christmas Sweater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Sweater   Christmas Sweater EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 8:35 am

Wow hahaha I actually like it Very Happy

Got a few giggles for sure, I love how Claire didn't hand knit it lol !!

It's a really clear fiction explanation of why he likes green Very Happy
Very clever, Mercy. I demand more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Christmas Sweater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Sweater   Christmas Sweater EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 2:26 pm

Methsia wrote:
Wow hahaha I actually like it Very Happy

Got a few giggles for sure, I love how Claire didn't hand knit it lol !!

It's a really clear fiction explanation of why he likes green Very Happy
Very clever, Mercy. I demand more Very Happy
Ah, glad to hear you liked it.

I didn't think Claire would be that much of a girly girl to knit her brother a sweater. It was kind of a tacky idea to begin with. It was a lot tackier when I started, so I gave each of them an edge.

I was think I could go with Jill with something about her piano skills or Rebecca before STARS or something. Unsure. Maybe even Leon and Chris before Resident Evil 4. Unsure what to do, you tell me.
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

Christmas Sweater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Sweater   Christmas Sweater EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 2:34 pm

When I read your intro- I was intrigued about the idea of Jill and her piano skills Very Happy

You should do that next, it would be awessomee!
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

Christmas Sweater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Sweater   Christmas Sweater EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 2:57 pm

^ I agree.

Good story by the way. Well-written Smile
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

Christmas Sweater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Sweater   Christmas Sweater EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 2:57 pm

Valentine Fan wrote:
^ I agree.

Good story by the way. Well-written Smile
same here. Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Christmas Sweater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Sweater   Christmas Sweater EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 2:05 am

Oh sweet. People like my stuff. Alright. I'll get to it.
Back to top Go down
DivideByZero
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DivideByZero

Christmas Sweater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Sweater   Christmas Sweater EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 3:10 am

This is actually sweet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

Christmas Sweater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Sweater   Christmas Sweater EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 8:44 am

Mercy I want more of this..... I really love it... I'm also interested on what happened on Rebecca after the mansion incident. Please do it, you have my full approval.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Christmas Sweater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Sweater   Christmas Sweater EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:03 pm

Miss Claire Redfield wrote:
Mercy I want more of this..... I really love it... I'm also interested on what happened on Rebecca after the mansion incident. Please do it, you have my full approval.
I'm actually particularly glad you enjoyed this. Wanted to know if I got Claire's character down. Thought you might know.

As of now I'm working on Jill's Piano/Bombsquad story, I'll get to Rebecca's story after that. But yeah, they're all one shot short stories. Nothing serious with chapters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Christmas Sweater Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Sweater   Christmas Sweater Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas Sweater
Page 1 of 1