Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Question about James Marcus EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Question about James Marcus EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Question about James Marcus EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Question about James Marcus EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Question about James Marcus EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Question about James Marcus EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Question about James Marcus EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Question about James Marcus EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Question about James Marcus EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Question about James Marcus

Go down 
+2
PAULSAMSON
Kino_00
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kino_00
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Kino_00

Question about James Marcus Empty
PostSubject: Question about James Marcus   Question about James Marcus EmptyThu May 17, 2012 4:18 am

Spoiler alert ! You shouldn't read this unless you have completed Resident Evil Zero.

Spoiler:

Thanks.

/e: Christ, how many times can I misspell his name.. -.-
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Question about James Marcus   Question about James Marcus EmptyThu May 17, 2012 4:42 am

I did a thread about the same question, I'm still not sure about the answer, especially because in Umbrella Chronicles there isn't any young Marcus, it is just an old mimicry, which can suggest that it isn't the real one
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Question about James Marcus   Question about James Marcus EmptyThu May 17, 2012 4:47 am

I'd answer this if I knew the answer myself. I haven't read the first Archives book, nor do I have it, and I haven't played the game either. I base all my knowledge of Zer0 on the book, Zero Hour. I don't really remember if they delved deeper in this matter in the book either.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Kino_00
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Kino_00

PostSubject: Re: Question about James Marcus   Question about James Marcus EmptyThu May 17, 2012 4:49 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
I did a thread about the same question, I'm still not sure about the answer, especially because in Umbrella Chronicles there isn't any young Marcus, it is just an old mimicry, which can suggest that it isn't the real one

Spoiler:

Mass Distraction wrote:
I'd answer this if I knew the answer myself. I haven't read the first Archives book, nor do I have it, and I haven't played the game either. I base all my knowledge of Zer0 on the book, Zero Hour. I don't really remember if they delved deeper in this matter in the book either.

Yeah, Archives I gives you some more info than II.

Marcus: "However, something wondrous happened. It took years for the T-virus inside of my queen to create my new life. I live." - Story section
It possesses extremely high intelligence, and it thinks and acts just like Dr Marcus... - Creature section

Last edited by Kino_00 on Thu May 17, 2012 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Question about James Marcus   Question about James Marcus EmptyThu May 17, 2012 4:54 am

Kino_00 wrote:

Was it Queen Leech one in Chronicles ? Since there's also those regular leech ones which can just mimicry him by looks.
Every damn source I read seems to say different things.. :/

ok ok ok, this might explain what I meant:

In this video, the leeches mimic both the young and old Marcus in human appearences, which can make us believe that he was the real Marcus brought back to life

In this video from UC, the Queen leech is just another copy of the Mimicry Marcus, which means that the leeches are just mimicking Marcus

Back to top Go down
Kino_00
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Kino_00

PostSubject: Re: Question about James Marcus   Question about James Marcus EmptyThu May 17, 2012 5:04 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
ok ok ok, this might explain what I meant

I see..
Weird tho, first one shows him as mimicried by Queen Leech (young and detailed form) when second one seems like mimicry of regular leeches, less detailed and older version. And it's same event.. ><

I need to call Capcom or something, otherwise I'll never get peace with this matter.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Question about James Marcus   Question about James Marcus EmptyThu May 17, 2012 5:25 am

I think Capcom just wants to keep this whole thing a mystery.

In any case, it's basically the same. Either it is Marcus resurrected or something alont the lines of a "perfect clone".
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Question about James Marcus   Question about James Marcus EmptyThu May 17, 2012 12:31 pm

As I am James Marcus Reresurrected I would have to say that he i was brought back to life.

Basically im going to go with Zero as being canon here since UC was all over the fucking place. Cause if he was a copy then why would the leech queen throw up herself? So Id say he was brought back to life and then the leech queen took over there are already leech copies of marcus so id for sure say its legit him.....UNLESS THE QUEEN PERFECTLY CLONED HIM AN SHE HERSELF BELIEVED SHE WAS MARCUS.........ah shit now iv gone and made myself think twice. Ima say he was brought back but you never know :3

this was a good question
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Question about James Marcus   Question about James Marcus EmptyThu May 17, 2012 3:28 pm

It is just very ambiguous.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Question about James Marcus   Question about James Marcus EmptyThu May 17, 2012 5:49 pm

Well it's well known that when Marcus was experimenting on the Leeches that after so long they were able to mimic him down to his appearance. And as he stated in RE0 in a journal entry of his, "They know who their father is!"

I believe Queen Leech fused with his body causing a regenerative process inside of him healing the gun shot wounds from his assassination. Due to this 'fusion' it would be possible that after ten years he would become more leech-like than human anymore. What he says in Umbrella Chronicles, "The T-Virus fused with my leeches and brought me back from the brink of darkness." This sorta sounds like what was done with Wesker after he had injected himself and allowed to Tyrant to kill him, the injection allowing Wesker to return to life as himself with almost no viewable physical changes.

Seeing as the leeches could take the form of Dr. Marcus I wouldn't doubt that since he had the Queen inside of him that it took on the form of Marcus' choosing rather then it's own. The Queen Leech probably granted Marcus certain abilities but Marcus was probably in control of it mentally.

I haven't fully read Archives I or II yet so this is just my theory on the subject after having played and beaten RE0 and such.
Back to top Go down
Kino_00
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Kino_00

PostSubject: Re: Question about James Marcus   Question about James Marcus EmptyWed May 23, 2012 1:59 pm

I have been reading a bit more and I have to agree with your beliefs DeadlyGenetics.
I would call it "reanimation" rather than "rebirth"; Queen Leech kinda like repaired his body on cellular level and took over some organic functions.
Afaik he wasn't 20ish (?) when he started his research on Leeches, so there must be some way that his body reformed into that of 20 years old - memories.
That suggests that his brain and mind must be somewhat functional - so forth I believe he was in command, mentally. Like when he was shot he went into some sort of coma, but backwards. Dead body but brain alive.
I see alot of resemblings to Alexia's progress with T-Veronica; cryogenic sleep to how Marcus was "dead" for 10 years, how insects and their pack mentality was involved in both, etc. Maybe Marcus' mind became part of that "pack" of leeches, explaining how regular ones resembled him as old man and not as young.
But yeah, just alot of speculation..
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Question about James Marcus   Question about James Marcus EmptyWed May 23, 2012 2:00 pm

Kino_00 wrote:
I have been reading a bit more and I have to agree with your beliefs DeadlyGenetics.
I would call it "reanimation" rather than "rebirth"; Queen Leech kinda like repaired his body on cellular level and took over some organic functions.
Afaik he wasn't 20ish (?) when he started his research on Leeches, so there must be some way that his body reformed into that of 20 years old - memories.
That suggests that his brain and mind must be somewhat functional - so forth I believe he was in command, mentally. Like when he was shot he went into some sort of coma, but backwards. Dead body but brain alive.
I see alot of resemblings to Alexia's progress with T-Veronica; cryogenic sleep to how Marcus was "dead" for 10 years, how insects and their pack mentality was involved in both, etc. Maybe Marcus' mind became part of that "pack" of leeches, explaining how regular ones resembled him as old man and not as young.
But yeah, just alot of speculation..

in other words...a complete mess
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about James Marcus   Question about James Marcus Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about James Marcus
Page 1 of 1