Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Big RE fan, new to the site. EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Big RE fan, new to the site. EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Big RE fan, new to the site. EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Big RE fan, new to the site. EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Big RE fan, new to the site. EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Big RE fan, new to the site. EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Big RE fan, new to the site. EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Big RE fan, new to the site. EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Big RE fan, new to the site. EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Big RE fan, new to the site.

Go down 
+4
00biohazard
ThomVD
chrisredfielmusculo
Martin85
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Martin85
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Martin85

Big RE fan, new to the site. Empty
PostSubject: Big RE fan, new to the site.   Big RE fan, new to the site. EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 3:10 pm

Hello all!

My name is Martin, I'm from the UK, I'm pushing 30 and Resident Evil is one of my favourite series' from when I was a kid. I convinced my parents that it was a good idea to buy me the original Resident Evil for PlayStation around the time of it's release in England, and it all started from there. I remember wanting it because I'd read about how it was to do with zombies and was a horror game. I'd never played anything that could be considered 'horror'. As an avid gamer, I wanted to taste the new genre. I remember initially thinking that it was pretty bad. Moving the characters around was clunky, and yeah I just didn't get into it at first. I think I got to maybe the "You were almost a Jill sandwich!" part and gave up. However, back then I didn't have my own cash, and games were a big expense for our family. I got two or three a year, until such a point that my current machine was so old that games could be bought for pittance at car boot sales (yard sales for American readers). So, having nothing else to play, I went back to Resident Evil.

Thank god I did! On a second play, I remember giving it longer to grab me, and it did. I was a little kid, and it scared the crap out of me. I ended up thoroughly-succumbing to the game's charms, and was a follower of the series from then on. I have owned all of the main entrants into the series, and none of the spin-offs. Don't know why, but the spin-off games never really interested me. I guess it was that, if I was going to buy a lightgun game, I was getting the best one around which was Time Crisis. From there I suppose I just never kept up with the spin-offs. My favourite RE game changes all the time, though I do tend to favour the older "classic" gameplay model featured in RE - RE: CV, as opposed to the 'over-the-shoulder' 3rd-person action gameplay that came in RE4 and was used thereafter. It's probably just nostalgia more than anything else. Yes, the controls suck, the camera angles can be annoying, etc. That's all part of the charm, bro! That's not to say I dislike post-RE4 Resident Evil. I loved RE4 itself (ground-breaking game), and very much enjoyed RE5 (only in two-player, it sucked playing it alone). I think at least RE4 kept some of the ambience from it's predecessors. Some feeling of horror that is mostly absent from RE5.

But yeah, when someone says 'Resident Evil' to me, the first things that come to my head are memories of killing mutant plants by putting chemicals into water pumps, hilariously-bad voice acting, checking to see if a downed-zombie is laying on top of a pool of blood or just a shadow, "4. Itchy. Tasty.", and such things. I go through quite a few things before I got to anything from RE4 or after. That's just me. Collection-wise, I'm not really a collector, I'm afraid. I don't believe in hoarding loads of things you don't use. A game should be played, not sat in storage! I've owned all the main games, some multiple times on different platforms. I currently have all the main games on my PS3 HDD, up to and including RE4. I did have RE5, but I sold it.

About the only real conversation-piece I have, RE-wise, is my copy of RE2 for my N64. I loved that console, and the lack of RE on N64 pained me back in the day (I sold my PlayStation for an N64 before RE2 was released in any form). When I read news of RE2 coming to Nintendo's system, I refused to believe it. I'd been jealous of my PlayStation-owning friends for a long time over RE2. I just remember thinking "How on earth are they going to do it? Two CDs on a cartridge? Never!". It turned out to be a really awesome port. The FMVs are very obviously-compressed, as is the voice acting, and the backgrounds can lack definition compared to other versions. Still, I downloaded RE2 only the other day onto my PS3 (2 and 3 have only just been released on EU PSN as 'US Imports'.. yay 60Hz!), and it weighed-in at around 750MB. To squish all of that content onto a 64MB cartridge is pretty amazing. Well, one FMV scene is missing, as is Extreme Battle Mode.

I also have a weird interest in Biohazard 1.5.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Big RE fan, new to the site.   Big RE fan, new to the site. EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 3:15 pm

thats quite a long text ......

but welcome to the foruns bro
i hope u enjoy it here,people here are huge fans and know a lot about the series
i am certain that you will like it here
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Big RE fan, new to the site.   Big RE fan, new to the site. EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 3:43 pm

Welcome to this site Very Happy Have fun!
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Big RE fan, new to the site.   Big RE fan, new to the site. EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 3:49 pm

Welcome!!
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Big RE fan, new to the site.   Big RE fan, new to the site. EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 4:13 pm

Welcome to the site, make yourself at home here. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Big RE fan, new to the site.   Big RE fan, new to the site. EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 4:35 pm

Welcome to this madness. I don't believe in game collecting in the sense of keeping everything in some storage never to be touched either. I like to play all the games I have but I still collect them Razz

Martin85 wrote:
I also have a weird interest in Biohazard 1.5.
Who wouldn't? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Jill Sandwich
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: Big RE fan, new to the site.   Big RE fan, new to the site. EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 4:59 pm

Welcome and enjoy your stay. I too was very interested in RE 1.5. Hopefully a devoted modder will create an alternate mod one day.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Big RE fan, new to the site.   Big RE fan, new to the site. EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 3:33 pm

Welcome to REF, enjoy. I appreciate your opinion on RE, it makes sense. RE4 itself doesn't desere hate for not being RE-like, but to say post-RE4 stuff may be deviating more, is fair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big RE fan, new to the site.   Big RE fan, new to the site. Empty

Back to top Go down

Big RE fan, new to the site.
Page 1 of 1