Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space

Go down 
+16
Known_Hero
Martin85
Kino_00
ohmybasch
Methsia
ThomVD
fernandofan08
Jill Sandwich
Bub537
Monster Mash
lyfesArcanum
Sargent D
weskersbarber
Spike991
DeadlyGenetics
Vandal
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space   Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 9:15 pm

I'm not sure if everyone here has played Dead Space; after Resident Evil 5 and Dead Space 2 came out, people said that Dead Space out Resident Evil-ed Resident Evil. But the things they undoubtably hacked from Resident Evil are just plain pathetic.

Lets look at the shooting style.

Obviously, there's no doubt Resident Evil inspired Dead Space, Dead Space is almost Resident Evil 4 in space. Even how Isaac struggles when an enemy latches onto him was also ripped from Resident Evil. Particularly Resident Evil 4, as this is the single game that they rip from.

In Dead Space 1 there's a scene where you have to protect your girlfriend from getting mauled by Necromorphs. Sort of takes you back doesn't it? To Raccoon City? No. To this scene right here:

Honestly, the I couldn't find the scene but for one, your girlfriend is static and she's only right across from you. Fighting these bad boys are a cakewalk by comparison to the scene above.

At any rate everyone remembers the one part where Ashley rides a truck and you're in the back as ganados run up to you and jump off of places to get on to carve your face off, right? Well team Dead Space liked that scene so much they directly ripped it off in Dead Space 2, where Ellie, the most badass character in the game, drives this drill truck and enemies jump off from high places and climb up and oh you get the idea. Check it out:

Well if that's not enough, Resident Evil 4 ended pretty well right? Jetski off to an exploding island, dodging hazardous objects that kill you instantly, until you make it to the finish. Yeah. Dead Space 2 did that too. No joke.

I think I even see the Eye Poke Machine in Dead Space 2 as an interactive destroy the Plagas Scene in Resident Evil 4.

Now the question is, what did Resident Evil hack from Dead Space? ...
Well none that I could find so far.

Last edited by Mercy on Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space   Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 12:15 am

I admit to noticing some resemblances between them both but never really gave it much thought. I actually find this sorta funny. I still like playing Dead Space though.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space   Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 1:07 am

I never have, and never intend to play Dead Space. I don't care if it's considered "more scary" or anything. RE 4 Life!
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space   Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 6:12 am

Fuck Dead Space. Poor mans RE for nerds.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space   Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 4:47 pm

Of course RE4 inspired Dead Space, RE4 inspired so many games throught the 2000s decade. Speaking of Dead Space, I don't understand why so many people think it's scary.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space   Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 5:17 pm

It really isn't scary at all. I sat through both games laid back, almost bored even. Oh let me guess, that carcass is going to jump out and try to eat my face off, okay, either I'm psychic or that is overused. Yeah it isn't scary at all, but I actually like the games.. Well the second one at least. The first one was horrible, but Dead Space 2 actually have Isaac a mind of his own.

Still, Resident Evil 5 is a playing an influence on Dead Space 3, developers want to go for more of an action route and they're considering Multi-player Campaign.

Really, Visceral Games? Really? It's like they're desperate for more ideas for this game to sell, so they pick around the left overs of Capcom.
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space   Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:14 pm

They are not the same game, nor is Dead Space a rip off of RE4. They're both good.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space   Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:20 pm

I love the Dead Space games, they are fun as hell and the first one is quite creepy. Yes, they probably did take alot from RE, but they are still really fun in and of themselves.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space   Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 6:37 pm

lyfesArcanum wrote:
They are the same game, and Dead Space is a rip off of RE4. RE4 is good.

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space   Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 8:16 pm

Spike991 wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:
They are the same game, and Dead Space is a rip off of RE4. RE4 is good.

Fixed.
Good 'ol Spike up to his crazy antics again. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space   Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 8:36 pm

I think Dead Space is great. But as people already mentioned RE4 influenced just about every third-person over-the-shoulder shooter.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
Jill Sandwich
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space   Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 8:40 pm

Bub537 wrote:
I think Dead Space is great. But as people already mentioned RE4 influenced just about every third-person over-the-shoulder shooter.

Very correct on this one. Even Cliffy B. admitted that Gears of War was influenced by RE4.

Anyway, Dead Space 2 is a really good game. The only thing it holds over RE4 is the gore factor.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space   Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 8:42 pm

I enjoy playing both. And seeing as I'm one of those people that can scare easily depending on the situation at hand, I can deem Dead Space scary to me on some levels. But then again, I'm always jumping when I'm being chased by who knows what. Sad of me I know... Laugh as you wish. xP
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space   Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 8:43 pm

Jill Sandwich wrote:
Bub537 wrote:

Very correct on this one. Even Cliffy B. admitted that Gears of War was influenced by RE4.

The OTS camera was just really revolutionary I guess.

Of course, that said, because of how awesome and popular it was, it garnerd a lot of hate too. You know, those people that gotta be a rebel without a cause.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

Playstation Network andrewisthejoker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space   Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 1:48 pm

I found dead space a phenomenal game. It filled the gap from which was never satisfied on the current generation.

I mean, RE4 inspired gears of war. And then Gears of war inspired RE5.

But yes, Dead space was phenomenal. It had a fantastic atmosphere and it had a truly intriguing storyline. Dead Space 2 was also brilliant. It had some fab environments.

The day when EA made a fantastic IP is few and far between. but DS is superb. Its nothing like resident evil though. But, in the days when Capcom fail to make great RE games and Konami make average Silent Hill's, this game has risen to the top and rightly so.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space   Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:05 pm

I liked RE4 and 5 a lot more than Dead Space. Dead Space was decent IMO.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space   Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:14 pm

ThomVD wrote:
I liked RE4 and 5 a lot more than Dead Space. Dead Space was decent IMO.

I think my love for The Thing helped with Dead Space. But I think it was a fantastic game. The ship was a very creepy environment.

To be honest, it reminded me alot of the simplicity of REmake. A character who has no knowledge of what the hell is happening but forcing themself through it. It didnt feel repetative, there was some strategy and thinking required in both games. I loved Isaacs suit and the futuristic setting, it worked greatly and had alot of innovative features.

The story was just so damn intriguing though. Searching for Nicole who was dead all along, it was haunting and harrowing seeing her ghost, the manifestation inside Isaacs mind implanted by The Marker all along.

let alone the first letter of every chapter spelling NICOLEISDEAD. it was just so well thought out and very refreshing and hit a real gap in the market.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space   Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:19 pm

fernandofan08 wrote:
I found dead space a phenomenal game. It filled the gap from which was never satisfied on the current generation.

This is true, and Dead Space also followed in Resident Evil 4's footsteps. And Dead Space 3 is following in Resident Evil 5's footsteps.

Quote :
But yes, Dead space was phenomenal. It had a fantastic atmosphere and it had a truly intriguing storyline. Dead Space 2 was also brilliant. It had some fab environments.
Really? Dead Space has a good story? I beat it twice, watched two animated films, beat Dead Space 2 twice, and I still have no idea what's going on because of its convoluted story. The environments are all the same: Dark Space Ship. It gets so boring.

Quote :
The day when EA made a fantastic IP is few and far between. but DS is superb. Its nothing like resident evil though. But, in the days when Capcom fail to make great RE games and Konami make average Silent Hill's, this game has risen to the top and rightly so.
It's so much like Resident Evil it's not even funny. Refer to my first post. Resident Evil sets the standard in which other games have to try to beat regarding in fear. Some games try too hard. Like Dead Space.

I love Dead Space, but I can't help but see all the things they ripped off Resident Evil.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space   Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 2:42 pm

Mercy wrote:
fernandofan08 wrote:

This is true, and Dead Space also followed in Resident Evil 4's footsteps. And Dead Space 3 is following in Resident Evil 5's footsteps.

Quote :
Really? Dead Space has a good story? I beat it twice, watched two animated films, beat Dead Space 2 twice, and I still have no idea what's going on because of its convoluted story. The environments are all the same: Dark Space Ship. It gets so boring.

Quote :
It's so much like Resident Evil it's not even funny. Refer to my first post. Resident Evil sets the standard in which other games have to try to beat regarding in fear. Some games try too hard. Like Dead Space.

I love Dead Space, but I can't help but see all the things they ripped off Resident Evil.

I dont see how it ripped off Resident Evil. I mean the videos you show dont line up particularly well. Comparing the removal of Plagas to the Injection in the eye is just ridiculous. apart from both laying on a table, theres nothing similar. Leon used it to remove a parasite which would kill him and transform him and was totally passive in a cut scene

Isaac used a Moontech diagnostic machine thingy (i think!) so it could take the information from his mind which had been affected by the marker in DS1, which was also the contributing factor to the markers physical/mental manifestation of Nicole in isaacs mind. Which is why he was on The Sprial in the first place because the Unitologists/Stross was trying to extrac information from the blocked part of isaacs affected mind.

Its a totally different concept. The laser on the needle was merely used as an aiming guide for the player to lower the needle into Isaacs eye, if you got it wrong it killed you. it wasn't a cut scene it was part of the gameplay.

Comparing shooting style as a criticism is also daft. Games from Alan wake, Mass effect, Arkham City, Yakuza, uncharted, Red dead redemption,Vanquish. Transformers, mafia 2, Kane & Lynch, Lost planet, Deadly premonition, GTA4, ghostbusters and the list goes on. Grand theft auto vice city had an off center aiming for shooting too.

Protecting Ashley and Protecting Nicole are also different. I mean, how many games incorporate protecting an NPC? Aside from Nicole being a figment of Isaacs imagination, Isaac is stationary on a mine cart moving when nicole operates the system. Your restricted to 3 steps in any direction, as Necromorphs swarm from all sides. Its massively different to RE4 because leon can move along a large area and interact with Ashley to boost her upto positions. DS, you are at the mercy of Nicole and you cannot move aside from 3 steps in any direction.

I can see the comparison of Ashley with the truck and Ellie with the digger in DS2. But in alot of games you have an NPC controlling a vehicle whilst you defend from it. RE5 did it, so surely that should be criticised for copying itself and being repetative?

The last point regarding the escape at the end of the game, the only thing Similar is that if you hit an object you die. Thats it. Dead Space used this twice remember, as Isaac HALO jumped and free fell down to the Spiral. But unless you criticise a one hit kill and free-falling/ doing iron man to the ship, its a null comparison and criticism because quite simply, they had a one hit kill escape. leon was on a jet ski in a cave, Isaac was in the spiral which was blowing up and he was flying up to the ship which Ellie brought to save him after contemplating suicide.

its just totally different concepts and uses for everything bar the NPC driving a vehicle and you defending it, which is still a common occurance in many, many games.

Storywise I understand a fair amount. ofcourse, the novel delves massively into unitology, its birth and heritage. Extraction showed the removal of the marker from Aegis, it also showed howed the marker reanimated the dead miners into necromorphs, and also showed how the marker warped the human mind into seeing what the marker wishes for its own purpose.

Basically, extraction is the story of how the ishimura falls from the miners perspective on Aegis 7. One character if I remember, Eckhart is a practicing member of Unitology and undercover to see who is immune to the markers effects, which is believed to be Lexine. They escape the ishimura.

Downfall is the film which shows it from another perspective. The main character finds that the marker repells the necromorphs as they cant go near it, so she sacrifices herself and sets the distress beacon off which the Kellion responds to, and at the end of the films, as the necromorphs and Vincent float out into space and die, The kellion intercepts the Ishimura and the start of the first game immediately happens.

Dead space is purely about Isaac finding Nicole, realising Kendra is an agent for the Church to retrieve the marker which it uses Nicole as its manifestation to get Isaac to do what it wishes. Along with missions to get Life support, power etc to the Ishimura.

Theres many, many side stories explained in the Martyr and Salvage novels that delve deep into Unitology.

Im only briefling touching on the story points though, theres much depth to it through video reports ands so forth.

Last edited by fernandofan08 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space   Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 3:05 pm

Oh my.

I would merge that last post of yours with the other, as the administrators
do not like double posters.

Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space   Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:20 pm

Plain and simple fact, because I don't care about anything you just wrote because it's all bogus: if there was no Resident Evil 4, there will be no Dead Space.

Also... Resident Evil 5 copying Resident Evil 4? Really? That's what you're going to argue with? That's like saying Ghostbusters 2 copied Ghostbusters 1 because they both have Ghosts in it. It's called a sequel buddy, indicating that 5 comes after 4. Of course they had to make things bigger and better but still stick with the formula.

In Resident Evil 4 Leon is on a creeky boat with only a harpoon and a power bar as he faces a mutated salamander. Chris is on a battleship with machine guns, grenade launchers, and a 6 pack of monster as he faces a mutated maniac.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space   Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 6:31 pm

Mercy wrote:
Plain and simple fact, because I don't care about anything you just wrote because it's all bogus: if there was no Resident Evil 4, there will be no Dead Space.

Also... Resident Evil 5 copying Resident Evil 4? Really? That's what you're going to argue with? That's like saying Ghostbusters 2 copied Ghostbusters 1 because they both have Ghosts in it. It's called a sequel buddy, indicating that 5 comes after 4. Of course they had to make things bigger and better but still stick with the formula.

In Resident Evil 4 Leon is on a creeky boat with only a harpoon and a power bar as he faces a mutated salamander. Chris is on a battleship with machine guns, grenade launchers, and a 6 pack of monster as he faces a mutated maniac.

How would dead space not exist? The story and concept has nothing to do with RE. Only the perspective played and the mine sequence. Thats it. Explain to me how RE made the story and everything else in Dead Space.

Also, if your not even bothering with what i've put, clearly you have no answer then. Ive made credible points which dispute your wild claims about many things. Those are my arguments on the table, not my quip about RE5 whixh youve jumped on. If you open a thread for debate at least look at my argument without 'not bothering' to reply to a credible, thought out disagreement with almost all your points. I agree with the mining part happily, the perspective is also widely adopted and popularised by RE4. All your other points I have argued
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space   Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 3:53 pm

fernandofan08 wrote:
Mercy wrote:

How would dead space not exist? The story and concept has nothing to do with RE. Only the perspective played and the mine sequence. Thats it. Explain to me how RE made the story and everything else in Dead Space.
Refusing to believe that Dead Space did not rip off Resident Evil 4 means you're looking at Dead Space with Rose Colored Glasses.

Quote :
Also, if your not even bothering with what i've put, clearly you have no answer then. Ive made credible points which dispute your wild claims about many things.
I don't think so. I think you were wasting my time, and I didn't want to waste time on a pointless cause. You refuse to agree that Dead Space ripped off Resident Evil 4 despite everything I posted, there's no point in arguing with you.

Quote :
If you open a thread for debate at least look at my argument without 'not bothering' to reply to a credible laughable, thought out disagreement with almost all your points. I agree with the mining part happily, the perspective is also widely adopted and popularised by RE4. All your other points I have argued
I did not open a thread for debate. I opened the thread to expose the bullshitery that is Dead Space.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space   Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:13 pm

Mercy wrote:
fernandofan08 wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Refusing to believe that Dead Space did not rip off Resident Evil 4 means you're looking at Dead Space with Rose Colored Glasses.

Quote :
Also, if your not even bothering with what i've put, clearly you have no answer then. Ive made credible points which dispute your wild claims about many things.
I don't think so. I think you were wasting my time, and I didn't want to waste time on a pointless cause. You refuse to agree that Dead Space ripped off Resident Evil 4 despite everything I posted, there's no point in arguing with you.

Quote :
If you open a thread for debate at least look at my argument without 'not bothering' to reply to a credible laughable, thought out disagreement with almost all your points. I agree with the mining part happily, the perspective is also widely adopted and popularised by RE4. All your other points I have argued
I did not open a thread for debate. I opened the thread to expose the bullshitery that is Dead Space.

Now youve successfully made yourself look like an imbecillic idiot. Not only have i proved most of your points to be incorrect, You acuse me, an avid RE fan of being a rose tinted DS fan, even though its YOU who refuses to acknowledge irrefutable proof that you proclaimed comparisons are infact, the ramblings of an imbeciles bullshit.

Its clear for all to see you believe your right and anyone who challenges you is wrong. Your hypocrisy is most laughable. You open a thread and slate a game and you refuse to acknoeledge a counter argument because your clearly too thick to comprehend points ive made and refuse to read because your too much of a pussy to read a challenge to your opinion amd your scared to be proved wrong.

Otherwise, if everyones a lost cause because they disagree with you, just shows how stupid and immature you are. But no matter, clearly a lack of intelligence on your part resulting in you refusing to contemplate your wrong.

Oh, Cold Fear copied more than anything from RE4. Dont know why your so intimidated by Dead Space, 3 examples which two are bullshit and pisspoor comparisons with no relevance. Weak argument from a weak poster.
Back to top Go down
ohmybasch
Zombie
Zombie
ohmybasch

Playstation Network ohmybasch

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space   Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 11:02 pm

fernandofan08 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
fernandofan08 wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Quote :

Quote :

Now youve successfully made yourself look like an imbecillic idiot. Not only have i proved most of your points to be incorrect, You acuse me, an avid RE fan of being a rose tinted DS fan, even though its YOU who refuses to acknowledge irrefutable proof that you proclaimed comparisons are infact, the ramblings of an imbeciles bullshit.

Its clear for all to see you believe your right and anyone who challenges you is wrong. Your hypocrisy is most laughable. You open a thread and slate a game and you refuse to acknoeledge a counter argument because your clearly too thick to comprehend points ive made and refuse to read because your too much of a pussy to read a challenge to your opinion amd your scared to be proved wrong.

Otherwise, if everyones a lost cause because they disagree with you, just shows how stupid and immature you are. But no matter, clearly a lack of intelligence on your part resulting in you refusing to contemplate your wrong.

Oh, Cold Fear copied more than anything from RE4. Dont know why your so intimidated by Dead Space, 3 examples which two are bullshit and pisspoor comparisons with no relevance. Weak argument from a weak poster.

People! Relax!
We all know Dead Space and Resident Evil are "rip offs" of the movie "The Thing".

The Thing, RE4, Dead Space.
Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space Thing1
Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space Resident-evil-monsters-vs-movie-monsters-01-333-75Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space Dead-space-monster

There's even a dog in RE4 that looks like the dog from the Thing:
Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space TheThingDogKennel02Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space Colmillos

Even an RPG, Parasite Eve, has mutations like this. It's simply a sign of a strong influence from the movie, not that each game ripped off each other. Just look at Half Life or even the anime Blue Gender, You could say they took the insects from Starship Troopers, but really it's just an influence.

It's not like ORC where they take strong influences from L4D but make nothing original out of it, at least the stories are different and the monster don't walk exactly like they do in each game, unlike ORC.

I could see where the gameplay in Dead Space is bit like RE4, you know the camera behind the character and the aiming is very similar, but nothing more really. Dead Space has enough originality to pass those similarities, again, unlike ORC compared to L4D or even F.E.A.R. (yes ORC ripped off F.E.A.R. T.T)

It's like Silent Hill, the first games played just like the first RE games, but they still had enough originality to stand on their own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space   Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 4 and Dead Space
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next