Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
What's Goin On Everybody? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
What's Goin On Everybody? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
What's Goin On Everybody? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
What's Goin On Everybody? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
What's Goin On Everybody? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
What's Goin On Everybody? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
What's Goin On Everybody? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
What's Goin On Everybody? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
What's Goin On Everybody? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

What's Goin On Everybody?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
animaniac1
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
animaniac1

What's Goin On Everybody? Empty
PostSubject: What's Goin On Everybody?   What's Goin On Everybody? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:47 pm

Hello, my name is Dallas. I have been pokin around and made a few post but I never did an introduction.

I have always been a huge fan of the Resident Evil franchise. I still remember watching my older brother play the original back in 95/96, I was 13 at the time and it was just a little too hard for me to beat. This past October I decided to play all of the main games in order.

Resident Evil 0 - this was such an amazing prequel, it fit so well that it just seems like it is whole with the original.

Resident Evil 1 Remake - SO good, creepy as hell and the new content was perfect. The graphics on the remake and 0 still look great almost a decade later.

Resident Evil 2 - I liked it, but I didn't like playing through it twice, even though it was slightly different both times. Claire A ending was SO damn hard, I had to do it over and over till I finally beat it.

Resident Evil 3 Nemesis - I may have liked it just a little better than 2.

Resident Evil Code Veronica - I almost skipped this one but I'm SO glad I didn't. It was amazing. Those twisted cross dressing twins were great villains. This one should have just been called part 4

Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles - This was pretty good, I liked the new chapter, but I found this game ridiculously hard. Even while playing on normal difficulty, some of the bosses took me close to 20 tries.

Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles - This was pretty good as well. Not nearly as hard, but then I again I played with with a second player.

Resident Evil 4 - I am about half way through... its so so different. It doesn't really feel like a Resident Evil game Sad I feel like I am playing one of the Thief games, looting bodies and upgrading weapons. I'm killing villagers carrying pitchforks and with aliens implanted in their spines?? I have not seen a single "zombie". DID I REALLY JUST KILL AN OGRE YESTERDAY?? It also feels like its the 1800's. A midget just laughed at me Sad It's a pretty cool looking game, but I miss the fixed backgrounds honestly.

Resident Evil 5 - Haven't gotten there yet, haven't even seen a trailer.

Resident Evil 6 - Same as above.

All in all its comes down 0 and 1 being my favorite.

I enjoy the movies too.

Resident Evil - blah.

Apocalypse - much better, more like the game.

Extinction - this was my fav.

Afterlife - meh, some cool parts but the plot was janky.

Retribution - lets hope this one is good, I love how many characters from the games are in this one.
Back to top Go down
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: What's Goin On Everybody?   What's Goin On Everybody? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:08 pm

Welcome to the ccotton-candy-convered place that is REF!

animaniac1 wrote:
Resident Evil 4 - I am about half way through... its so so different. It doesn't really feel like a Resident Evil game I feel like I am playing one of the Thief games, looting bodies and upgrading weapons. I'm killing villagers carrying pitchforks and with aliens implanted in their spines?? I have not seen a single "zombie". DID I REALLY JUST KILL AN OGRE YESTERDAY?? It also feels like its the 1800's. A midget just laughed at me. It's a pretty cool looking game, but I miss the fixed backgrounds honestly.

I'm replaying it at the moment and yes, it feels different. I would be lying if I said I haven't grown to love this game, but I need to compartmentalize the game and don't think too much of the "RE" in its name regarding certain aspects.

You should perhaps get RER. It still features the same mechanics as RE4 (no fixed camera angles, a weapon-upgrade system of sorts) which, let's face it, Capcom won't abandon anymore, but the atmosphere on the ship is darker than most of RE4, enemies don't leave items behind (except for bosses leaving keys and stuff like that), and (apart from singular chapters) it's not as dully action-oriented than what we've seen in the near past.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: What's Goin On Everybody?   What's Goin On Everybody? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Welcome to the forums, make yourself at home here. Cool

...and is that the pic of Chris where his junk is hanging out? lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
animaniac1
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
animaniac1

PostSubject: Re: What's Goin On Everybody?   What's Goin On Everybody? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:39 pm

Sargent D wrote:

Yes, first I had to crop it. Then I had to remove his pubic hair, which is fine cause I like it smooth anyway,
Back to top Go down
animaniac1
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
animaniac1

PostSubject: Re: What's Goin On Everybody?   What's Goin On Everybody? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:41 pm

Trichos wrote:
Welcome to the ccotton-candy-convered place that is REF!

You should perhaps get RER. It still features the same mechanics as RE4 (no fixed camera angles, a weapon-upgrade system of sorts) which, let's face it, Capcom won't abandon anymore, but the atmosphere on the ship is darker than most of RE4, enemies don't leave items behind (except for bosses leaving keys and stuff like that), and (apart from singular chapters) it's not as dully action-oriented than what we've seen in the near past.

Revelations? I don't have a 3DS though... maybe I can find an emulator for it.
Back to top Go down
Yoshi
Zombie
Zombie
Yoshi

Playstation Network PinkYoshi06 (I think)

PostSubject: Re: What's Goin On Everybody?   What's Goin On Everybody? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 6:48 pm

animaniac1 wrote:
Sargent D wrote:

Yes, first I had to crop it. Then I had to remove his pubic hair, which is fine cause I like it smooth anyway,

LMAO
Welcome, I'm new too =)

And I love that picture xD
Back to top Go down
http://journeyofphoenix06.blogspot.com/
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: What's Goin On Everybody?   What's Goin On Everybody? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:42 pm

animaniac1 wrote:
which is fine cause I like it smooth anyway
Same here. cheers
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What's Goin On Everybody?   What's Goin On Everybody? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:24 pm

animaniac1 wrote:
Resident Evil 4 - I am about half way through... its so so different. It doesn't really feel like a Resident Evil game Sad I feel like I am playing one of the Thief games, looting bodies and upgrading weapons. I'm killing villagers carrying pitchforks and with aliens implanted in their spines?? I have not seen a single "zombie". DID I REALLY JUST KILL AN OGRE YESTERDAY?? It also feels like its the 1800's. A midget just laughed at me Sad It's a pretty cool looking game, but I miss the fixed backgrounds honestly.

Welcome to REF, enjoy.

And it's not so so different. It isn't even so different. I mean each game is different, but it seems like you are looking at all the little differences and completely ignoring the similarities.

I mean definately not viewing it as it should be.
Back to top Go down
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: What's Goin On Everybody?   What's Goin On Everybody? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:30 am

Sargent D wrote:
animaniac1 wrote:
which is fine cause I like it smooth anyway
Same here. cheers
... to each their own.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: What's Goin On Everybody?   What's Goin On Everybody? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:02 pm

Trichos wrote:
... to each their own.
I may be an atheist but I have to say amen to that. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's Goin On Everybody?   What's Goin On Everybody? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:48 pm

Welcome to the boards, Dallas!
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What's Goin On Everybody?   What's Goin On Everybody? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Wait, animaniac, howd you get my pic in your avatar?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's Goin On Everybody?   What's Goin On Everybody? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's Goin On Everybody?
Page 1 of 1