HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried

Go down 
+14
toddx77
00biohazard
Ghost Leader
Sithis Malkira
Vandal
Sargent D
Spike991
ChickenHeart
Known_Hero
weskersbarber
Trichos
chocotricks
Mass Distraction
Voltius
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried Empty
PostSubject: 10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried   10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:44 am

Just my 2 cents from watching the trailer.

- From the look of the Trailer, RE6 gives off a rushed, shallow, fan service game without a central point or villain holding it together. It took Capcom years and years of tinkering to make RE4 and RE5 and even then they couldn't capture the heart & soul of their own franchise, putting the game in a night time setting with zombies isn't going to magically bring it back.

- 3 playable characters during the story mode? Reusing Leon and Chris despite the fact that they JUST got their own games. This may be a sign that Capcom is now desperate. They're losing focus and just throwing together a mish-mash of characters, ideas, and settings rather than thinking it through. Leon, Chris, Ada, (Ashley/Sherry) being re-used is another sign of a lack of creativity. Take a hint from the Aliens franchise, when you use the same main character over and over and over, it just kills it. It's over done and over used. I love the old characters, but I want to fall in love with NEW characters. Leon and Chris have already completed their character archs. They're already badasses, we already KNOW who they are and why they are. We need someone new.

- The insanely overdone "Matrix / Superhero" mele attacks are back and worse than ever. Doing a jump kick and knocking out every zombie around you just further destroys the threat behind zombies in the first place. There was a time when you feared the enemy, you feared going anywhere near them.

- The music and cinematics are no where near as high as they were with RE5. RE5 had really good music, amazing graphics, and great cinematic cutscenes. The RE5 trailer showcased all of this. The RE6 trailer is lacking in those exact things.

- Talk about "jumping the shark". Slowly RE has lost touch with reality, They've introduced quite a few WTF moments in the games that just make you think, "who on the writing team thought this was beleivable in the RE universe?!". With RE4 it was Leon being a secret agent looking for the president's daughter. A bit farfetched I think. Now we've got the president of the USA turned into a zombie. Besides, isn't this what we tried so hard to prevent with RE4?

- Michael Bay Syndrome. Just in the trailer alone I saw a motorcycle scene where the rider catches someone falling. Helicopters shooting the shit out of everything and someone riding ON a helicopter. Ok now. THIS is not RE.

- Something is REALLY missing and that is a Villain. We always had Wesker toiling away on his master plan in the background. Now he's gone and man oh man does is it feel empty. They say you don't appreciate something until it's gone. I have to say, killing Wesker was really a mistake.

- The centerpieces holding RE together are gone. Wesker + Tricell + Umbrella + S Corporation. The BIGGEST mistake Capcom made was killing wesker BEFORE they found a replacement for him. Excella could have been the replacement but they made her a stupid mindless bimbo hoe. She could have taken over, killed Wesker by outsmarting him, and been the new villain for the RE series (assuming her character traits where changed to make this all possible and plausable).

- The textures look like shit, maybe it's just a beta or they're not done yet with the game textures but they look awful. When the trailer for RE5 came out we drooled over it's graphics, skin textures, shadows, and explosions,. Crisp, sharp, sunlit, shadows, everything looks amazing on Capcom's MT Framework game engine. RE6 looks... like a PS2 game running in a simulator on a high end PC. The edges of everything looks crisp, but take the time and pause the trailer here and there and look at the actual textures and colors of everything. Pretty bad. Compared to RE5's amazing textures RE6 looks like shit. Hell, RE:Outbreak looked better.

- It throws away everything we've built on. The ganados / las plagas / el gigante / chainsaw enemies where a GOOD step forward, the majini (AI wise) where terrible but still built on the ganados, now we've thrown them away for zombies. The villagers in RE4 where scary as fuck when we met them. What about those of us who actually started to like the newer, smarter AI? The "S Corporation" that Ada talked about, Tricell. Where is everything?! RE4 was a good step away from the OLD formula, RE5 took that same NEW formula and made it terrible, thus the fans complained and wanted to go BACK to the old RE. Now we're throwing away what 4 and 5 built to go BACK?!

- Where is the art style? RE4 had the brown cloudy rainy atmosphere, RE5 had the greenish orange Black Hawk Down cinematic look. RE6.............. Looks like every other game. Nothing special.

- RE6 is not low key enough. RE1 happened somewhere out there in the midwest. RE2 and 3 happened somewhere out there in a small town but it was all covered up and wiped off the map. A bit far but the illusion still worked. Code Veronica happened out there somewhere in Antarctica. RE4 happened somewhere out there in Spain. RE5 in Africa somewhere. RE6 straight up starts with a full blown world wide infection. The problem with this is that it's hard to outdo yourself now. They've written themselves into a corner. They might be able to pull it off this RE game but what about RE7. What hope does it have? Also why the hell would Chris Redfield and a small group of soldiers be sent out. Now that these outbreaks are well known and not hidden, there's no excuse for not sending in the US Army. Small groups of survivors are now redundant.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: 10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried   10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 5:17 am

This has got to be the most pessimistic take on a trailer I have ever seen.

Voltius wrote:
- From the look of the Trailer, RE6 gives off a rushed, shallow, fan service game without a central point or villain holding it together. It took Capcom years and years of tinkering to make RE4 and RE5 and even then they couldn't capture the heart & soul of their own franchise, putting the game in a night time setting with zombies isn't going to magically bring it back.
RE6 has been in production for two years already according to Capcom. It's already been like 3 years since RE5 and if I remember correctly, the "classic" games were released quite consequently (96, 98, 99, 00, 02).[/quote]

Quote :
- The music and cinematics are no where near as high as they were with RE5. RE5 had really good music, amazing graphics, and great cinematic cutscenes. The RE5 trailer showcased all of this. The RE6 trailer is lacking in those exact things.
Just how can you base that on a 3 minute trailer? Also, which one of those RE5 trailers as there were quite a few before the game was released. This is one trailer.

Quote :
Besides, isn't this what we tried so hard to prevent with RE4?
Adding some drama is never a bad thing.

Quote :
The BIGGEST mistake Capcom made was killing wesker BEFORE they found a replacement for him.
He already HAS a replacement and that is Alex.

Quote :
Where is the art style? RE4 had the brown cloudy rainy atmosphere, RE5 had the greenish orange Black Hawk Down cinematic look. RE6.............. Looks like every other game. Nothing special.
RE6 looks dark and grainy. There, you happy?

Quote :
- It throws away everything we've built on. The ganados / las plagas / el gigante / chainsaw enemies where a GOOD step forward, the majini (AI wise) where terrible but still built on the ganados, now we've thrown them away for zombies. The villagers in RE4 where scary as fuck when we met them. What about those of us who actually started to like the newer, smarter AI? The "S Corporation" that Ada talked about, Tricell. Where is everything?! RE4 was a good step away from the OLD formula, RE5 took that same NEW formula and made it terrible, thus the fans complained and wanted to go BACK to the old RE. Now we're throwing away what 4 and 5 built to go BACK?!
Did you see the trailer? We could have both. Zombies AND intelligent enemies.

Quote :
RE6 is not low key enough. RE1 happened somewhere out there in the midwest. RE2 and 3 happened somewhere out there in a small town but it was all covered up and wiped off the map. A bit far but the illusion still worked. Code Veronica happened out there somewhere in Antarctica. RE4 happened somewhere out there in Spain. RE5 in Africa somewhere. RE6 straight up starts with a full blown world wide infection. The problem with this is that it's hard to outdo yourself now. They've written themselves into a corner. They might be able to pull it off this RE game but what about RE7. What hope does it have? Also why the hell would Chris Redfield and a small group of soldiers be sent out. Now that these outbreaks are well known and not hidden, there's no excuse for not sending in the US Army. Small groups of survivors are now redundant.
Governemnts ALWAYS try to keep things like this under control and make it so that no one is able to report on the place or at least quarantine it. RE7 could still be just as awesome as ever, why would they need to up the scale of the infection? It could just return to small scale, no big deal. Oh, and BSAA is a worldwide group. It is NOT the US Army, just so you know. Besides, it looks like they are only going investigating int that asian city as when they get there it doesn't look quite infested.

For the rest of the stuff, I don't even know what to say. My brain hurts from all this negativity...
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: 10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried   10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 6:27 am

LOL poor guy. I'm sorry I probably ruined your day with my negativity. I've had other friends jokingly tell me these things. Sorry it's just that seeing what happened with RE5, I'm expecting the worst, so when the game finally does come out, I won't be disappointed.

My hopes for RE4 were so high and the game delivered, so when RE5 was coming my hopes were high again and I was so dissapointed I just wanted to cry. So much was missed out on. Oh well...
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: 10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried   10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 9:41 am

WHY CANT PEOPLE UNDERSTAND GAMES EVOLVE RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Back to top Go down
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: 10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried   10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 9:58 am

chocotricks wrote:
Why can't people who postulate that games evolve understand that games don't do so by themselves, but because certain people decide to take games somewhere new.
And these decisions, just like any other, are up to evaluation and criticism.

Rawr.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: 10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried   10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:09 am

First off its a 3 minute trailer so lets not jump to conclusions, however I do agree with you on a few points such as quite remote locations. It wont be the same if its a world wise thing, but then again I said that about RE4 and RE5 yet now I have grown to love both games even if it has taken a long time.

And I agree about the characters, Hopefully this game will be the last for Chris. As much as I love Chris, he is in just about enough games for me. RE1/REmake, Code Veronica, Revelations,Umbrella Chronicles Lost In Nightmares, RE5 and now RE6. Same for Leon. Two men can only go through so much without dying lol. I would have preffered if they gave the lead characters to other characters from the past instead of new ones. Maybe Claire, Ada, Carlos or dare I say it...............Ark Thompson.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: 10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried   10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:07 am

Well, this is a great example of how impossible it is to please everyone.

Fans wanted better controls and camera angles: we got re4 and 5

Fans wanted zombies: we get ORC, and 6

Fans wanted survival horror: revelations and 6

What more do you want?

You want to know why capcom reuses the same characters? Because RE fanboys demand it. Look at all the hate a great character like Sheva received; RE fanboys only want to see Chris, Claire, Jill and Leon, it's ridiculous. If these guys stay alive in re6, you can expect to see at least one of them in every damn game until the community gets tired of them.

So, if you want to point the blame, point it at the fans because they asked for this.

Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: 10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried   10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:14 am

Known_Hero wrote:

What more do you want?

You want to know why capcom reuses the same characters? Because RE fanboys demand it. Look at all the hate a great character like Sheva received; RE fanboys only want to see Chris, Claire, Jill and Leon, it's ridiculous. If these guys stay alive in re6, you can expect to see at least one of them in every damn game until the community gets tired of them.

So, if you want to point the blame, point it at the fans because they asked for this.

Agreed apart from one point. Sheva and 'great' do not belong on the same sentence.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: 10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried   10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 11:20 am

I can imagine someone dying in RE6 for some reason I feel Chris will die, Id say Leon but i cant imagine leon dying. Not saying I want them to die but I can see it happening
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: 10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried   10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 12:34 pm

chocotricks wrote:

Or in this case devolve into your everyday action style game like Call of Duty, Battlefield, Medal of Honor and...I could go on and on.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: 10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried   10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:05 pm

I agree volitus on a lot of points.

Get over Wesker, he was ruined as soon as UC came out.

Lolz about the president thing though...RE4 Part 2: Saddler's Last Laugh.

I do think you were a bit presumptious considering it's a 3 minute trailer and we don't know anything yet...not really.

But yeah, some good points.

As far as the music goes, give it some time. I mean RE5 had epic Pray play during the TGS 08 trailer, but that was far from the first trailer to be released.

RE6 looks much better than it does worse.

Rawr!
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: 10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried   10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:09 pm

I agree with most of Spike's points. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: 10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried   10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:10 pm

Sargent D wrote:
I agree with most of Spike's points. Twisted Evil

Which do you not?
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: 10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried   10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:14 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Which do you not?
The art style and the villian one, and probably other but I'm too tired to care as much as I normally would. lol
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: 10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried   10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:16 pm

Sargent D wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Which do you not?
The art style and the villian one, and probably other but I'm too tired to care as much as I normally would. lol

What did I say about art?

And by villian you mean the bit about Wesker? Cuz I'm referring to the fact that DC Douglas took over the role in UC.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: 10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried   10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:18 pm

I don't know you said something about you not liking the art style and I thought it was fine, and oh I thought you were talking about Wesker.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: 10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried   10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:31 pm

Sargent D wrote:
I don't know you said something about you not liking the art style and I thought it was fine, and oh I thought you were talking about Wesker.

I think that was Volitus not me.

And I did say something about Wesker. Him being ruined once DC Douglas took over the VA role from Richard Waugh.
Back to top Go down
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: 10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried   10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:55 pm

Known_Hero wrote:

What more do you want?

It's ALL about Execution. It's NOT the idea, but HOW the idea is carried out.

- Zombies provide a Slow-burn strategy based experience. When they jump and lunge at you, they are no longer zombies. When you no longer have time to lure them around they aren't zombies. We can't tell from the trailer how they'll behave so we'll have to see. I'm just worried that they're going to just be dumbed down Ganados with Zombie textures.

- We LOVED the "better controls and camera angles", people weren't upset about that, they were upset that the item boxes, and survival aspect of RE4 was gone.

YES Sheva was a good character, but the way they integrated her into the game pissed people off. She was always there. She was inescapable. She healed too much and wasted ammo. It's not Sheva that people hate, it's the flaws that Capcom accidentally gave her. I for one, loved Sheva, i just wish she wasn't always there, and wish she had more of a backstory and purpose in the game.

"You want to know why capcom reuses the same characters? Because RE fanboys demand it." This is true. On one hand Capcom needs to listen to the emotional reactions of their fans but on the other hand you shouldn't always give your customers everything they want. After all democracy doesn't always work, look at how George Bush got elected twice. Most players don't know how to design a game or what they really want in a game or what's wrong, they just have a "feeling" so you can't directly ask them how to change a game. It's like asking a group of average drivers to design a car for you. They don't have the expertise to. Don't listen to WHAT they are asking for, look at WHY they are asking for it.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: 10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried   10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 5:02 pm

Spike991 wrote:
And I did say something about Wesker. Him being ruined once DC Douglas took over the VA role from Richard Waugh.
Ah ok, I'm more awake then I was a couple minutes ago so now I understand. lol
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: 10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried   10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 6:33 pm

Voltius wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:

What more do you want?

It's ALL about Execution. It's NOT the idea, but HOW the idea is carried out.

- Zombies provide a Slow-burn strategy based experience. When they jump and lunge at you, they are no longer zombies. When you no longer have time to lure them around they aren't zombies. We can't tell from the trailer how they'll behave so we'll have to see. I'm just worried that they're going to just be dumbed down Ganados with Zombie textures.

- We LOVED the "better controls and camera angles", people weren't upset about that, they were upset that the item boxes, and survival aspect of RE4 was gone.

YES Sheva was a good character, but the way they integrated her into the game pissed people off. She was always there. She was inescapable. She healed too much and wasted ammo. It's not Sheva that people hate, it's the flaws that Capcom accidentally gave her. I for one, loved Sheva, i just wish she wasn't always there, and wish she had more of a backstory and purpose in the game.

"You want to know why capcom reuses the same characters? Because RE fanboys demand it." This is true. On one hand Capcom needs to listen to the emotional reactions of their fans but on the other hand you shouldn't always give your customers everything they want. After all democracy doesn't always work, look at how George Bush got elected twice. Most players don't know how to design a game or what they really want in a game or what's wrong, they just have a "feeling" so you can't directly ask them how to change a game. It's like asking a group of average drivers to design a car for you. They don't have the expertise to. Don't listen to WHAT they are asking for, look at WHY they are asking for it.

They ARE going to be dumbed down Ganados. What else are you expecting from a zombie?

They wanted to take re4 in a different direction. It helped the franshise. CHANGE is a must for a long running franshise. Look how stale Tomb Raider got over the years, even with underworld and legends the series still felt dull. Final Fantasy has a great formula because every game is like a new experience with completely different characters. RE4 was needed to keep the franshise alive.

Sheva mechanics weren't a issue if you knew what you were doing. Most people didn't care for Sheva because she wasn't Jill or Claire.

"Don't listen to WHAT they are asking for, look at WHY they are asking for it"
I don't fully understand what you're trying to say here. Capcom isn't blindly following the fans; they're still incorporating their own ideas. The recent games are a good example of this. Capcom listens to the fans on things they want to see( such as zombies, survival horror elements, cast) and work them into the world that they've created.

Back to top Go down
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: 10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried   10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 7:27 pm

Sorry, I didn't do a good job of communicating my point. I'll be more detailed. What I wanted to say was...

Known_Hero wrote:
They ARE going to be dumbed down Ganados. What else are you expecting from a zombie?

The old RE zombies don't act anything like ganados. Those are the zombies that people fell in love with. They provided tension, they would surround you, you had to strategize more as to how you were going to get through them with only a few bullets. They were undead. They bit you, and while biting you that allowed the other zombies more time to close in on you. You had to avoid zombies, and it was about strategy not just zombie killing. Whereas majini just run at you, walk up to you, stare at you, you can run through them, you can shoot them once and punch them and kill them. I'm no longer afraid of the enemy. So if RE6 makes the zombies just like the Majini then that's not "returning to its roots".

Known_Hero wrote:
They wanted to take re4 in a different direction. It helped the franshise. CHANGE is a must for a long running franshise. Look how stale Tomb Raider got over the years, even with underworld and legends the series still felt dull. Final Fantasy has a great formula because every game is like a new experience with completely different characters. RE4 was needed to keep the franshise alive.

You are right. Change is important (RE4). But the WRONG kind of change is destructive (RE5). In the same way that RE5 messed up the formula that RE4 laid out. I'm afraid RE6 is going to mess up the forumla that RE2/3/4 laid out. RE5 didn't do the ganados/chainsaw enemy correctly and suffered backlash. So it's safe to say that if RE6 doesn't do the zombies/survival horror correctly there will be a backlash. The fans will feel that something is off. Sure they'll buy the game but they'll be angry at the design choices and changes.

Known_Hero wrote:
Sheva mechanics weren't a issue if you knew what you were doing. Most people didn't care for Sheva because she wasn't Jill or Claire.

Then how did people start caring for Leon and Claire? They weren't Chris and Jill. At the time Leon and Claire were new characters and people fell in love with them because the NEW characters were important to the storyline and created emotions for the players. Sheva didn't do any of that which is why people didn't care about her. It's not Sheva's fault she's new, it's Capcom's fault that they didn't introduce her correctly and include her in the storyline. The fault is with Capcom. Not with Sheva or the fans.

Known_Hero wrote:
"Don't listen to WHAT they are asking for, look at WHY they are asking for it"
I don't fully understand what you're trying to say here. Capcom isn't blindly following the fans; they're still incorporating their own ideas. The recent games are a good example of this. Capcom listens to the fans on things they want to see( such as zombies, survival horror elements, cast) and work them into the world that they've created.

Weather Capcom completely ignores the fans (no RE5 PC DLC, no voice chat in Outbreak File#2) or listens to the fans. They don't know what they are doing either way.

In RE4 you fought 4 El Gigantes on foot, it was awesome. In RE5 you fought 1 and you were stationary. Boring. In RE4 there was a huge mine cart section that was amazingly fun, in RE5 the mine cart section consisted of Chris jumping down into a minecart, it moving 50 feet and stopping, and Chris getting out. Boring. Compare the final boss fight in RE4 with the one in RE5. Boring. Lets not get into Umbrella Chronicles.

My point is, Capcom doesn't know what it's doing. It has shown over and over with RE: Dead Aim, survivor, outbreak file #2, that it doesn't understand WHY the RE games are successful. It simply mashes things together, includes some old characters and hopes for the best that it'll sell.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: 10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried   10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 7:53 pm

Voltius wrote:
My point is, Capcom doesn't know what it's doing. It has shown over and over with RE: Dead Aim, survivor, outbreak file #2, that it doesn't understand WHY the RE games are successful. It simply mashes things together, includes some old characters and hopes for the best that it'll sell.
Capcom does that to every game franchise under their name. lol
Back to top Go down
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: 10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried   10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 8:06 pm

Sargent D wrote:
Capcom does that to every game franchise under their name. lol

Now that I think about it. Dino Crisis, Onimusha, Final Fight. Yeah, it's pretty sad. You're right.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: 10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried   10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 9:04 pm

Voltius wrote:
Yeah, it's pretty sad.
I know right, but then again most companys do that too.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: 10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried   10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 10:58 pm

Well you must have the omnipotent power of foresight and knowledge, granting you leverage of having to give not only the pessimistic review of a trailer of all things, but the lowest blow I have ever seen to a successful franchise.

Apparently, you know there's no looming villain pulling all the strings on the world like a puppet show on our heroes, despite the fact that the first several Resident Evil 5 trailers showed no hint of Wesker's return. And considering how this is Resident Evil 6's first trailer I wouldn't expect them to spoil the main antagonist, unless you're use to that happening in trailers or seeing how you massacred that trailer like an abortionist massacres babies, you seem to have already beaten the game. But have you ever stopped to think who put the mechanics on that Nemesis looking character? Ever think about those masked extremists? There are plenty of hints that lead to a deranged psychopath with a classic villain-stache, a monocle, and a top hat going "Mwuahahaha!"

How many vehicles did you ride in the last two Resident Evil games? A bulldozer, a jet ski, a car with mounted machine guns, and a two man hovercraft. But oh, all of a sudden a motorcycle and a helicopter are too much.

I guess what I'm trying to say is you're being far too harsh on the game and it's the first trailer that was revealed. They are still in development of the game and we have ten agonizing months to wait for it. Resident Evil 5 got pushed back because they were cutting content out, they even boasted that Public Assembly use to be four times bigger than it was in the game... why would they be proud of that? Anyway, the only reason why you feel the project is being rushed is because Capcom kept it under wraps for so long, and I actually applaud them for doing so. The first Resident Evil 5 trailer that came out was in 2006, only a year after Resident Evil 4 came out, it wasn't until 3 years later did they release the game. We didn't get any hardcore evidence that Resident Evil 6 was coming this soon. There was speculation it was going to be released 8 years down the line since we didn't get a trailer as soon.

Capcom does know what sells, and it is plain and simple: Resident Evil. They slap Resident Evil on a coffee mug and it sells like hot cakes. Resident Evil 5 aside from Resident Evil 2 was the most successful Resident Evil title up to date and made Capcom very happy; they could have had Berry on the toilet for 7 straight hours and called it Resident Evil 6 and it would have sold. Either way, they knew they had to pump out another Resident Evil "as soon as possible." Think of it like Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. It did so well they needed to come up with a direct sequel to the game as soon as possible, and they worked so tirelessly, they popped Modern Warfare 2 in two years. Of course it sold well, the name sells the game. Look how many people bought Modern Warfare 3 even though the campaign was only 4 hours long and there really was no significant difference from the two games. I played an hour of the game and couldn't take it. Personally.

I mean if you're going to whine and complain and not pick up the game because of trailer and not pick up the game because of said list of reasons I will allow you to do so, but if you're going to whine and complain and you already have the game for pre-order on special collectors edition then you should probably stop talking. Because I'll admit it, Capcom likes money, and I like giving Capcom money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried   10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried Empty

Back to top Go down

10+ Reasons Why RE6 Has Me Worried
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next