Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Digital Spy ORC Preview EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Digital Spy ORC Preview EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Digital Spy ORC Preview EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Digital Spy ORC Preview EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Digital Spy ORC Preview EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Digital Spy ORC Preview EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Digital Spy ORC Preview EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Digital Spy ORC Preview EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Digital Spy ORC Preview EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Digital Spy ORC Preview

Go down 
+2
Mass Distraction
MatParker116
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MatParker116
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

Digital Spy ORC Preview Empty
PostSubject: Digital Spy ORC Preview   Digital Spy ORC Preview EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:57 am

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a350015/resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city-preview.html

Quote :
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City sees the franchise return to a zombie-infested Raccoon City through the guise of a third-person shooter. Developed by SOCOM's Slant Six Studios, it focuses more on action and team-based gameplay than previous games in the series, and promises a few narrative twists along the way.

Those expecting a Left 4 Dead style co-operative experience from Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, or something like recent offerings Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5 games will be surprised; this is very much standard third-person shooter stuff, with familiar over-the-shoulder controls and cover points. While mechanically it's not quite as honed as say Gears of War, it more than holds its own, with a sharp and precise feel, and a list of elements that use the Resident Evil lore in all kinds of interesting ways.

Playing as Umbrella

Narratively Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City is also a bit of a departure since it places you in the shoes of the franchise's up-to-no-good enemy corporation Umbrella. As a highly-trained task force, you're employed to clear up links to the company's involvement in the Raccoon City outbreak, whether it be physical evidence or people. Chronologically it's set between the second and third games, featuring various locational and character cameos. It also takes few liberties of its own with the timeline, with early teasers saying that players can kill off Leon Kennedy if they so wish.

One of the opening missions sees you and your squad enter City Hall to dispose of various documents, moving through corridors and open courtyards filled with various enemy types. Slow-paced, shuffling zombies feature heavily, and while they're easily cut through with automatic fire - especially as a group - they can very quickly swarm and surround players if not careful. Zombies can also infect players, and if left untreated, will turn undead, lose control and attack their squad mates until taken out, where they will respawn and join the team once more.

Special Operatives and Lickers

After a few zombie-filled areas a Spec Ops team is introduced, which ambush the team in a plaza. While fairly predictable in their behaviour - expect them to hide behind cover, throw grenades and flank you - they offer more bite than zombies in terms of challenge, and provide ample opportunity to try out the meatier side of combat. As well as their own backstories and interesting names like Vector, Four Eyes and Beltway, each team member will have their own ability, such as an invisibility cloak and improved strength for a limited amount of time.

These various factions - you, the armed Spec Ops team and the undead masses - can also be played off one another in combat, where an injured soldier will bleed and attract zombies from nearby areas, allowing you to lay waste to both or move past undetected. Near the end of the level were Lickers, the fan-favourite enemy type from Resident Evil 2, who are just as difficult to fight as they were back then, with their wall-climbing abilities and snapping tongues that temporarily disable your movement.

Searching for evidence

Palette cleansers during the mission include several rooms which hold the evidence the team was looking for. One area has you spray bullets at computer servers, and in another, explore a hall filled with rows of shelving looking for blueprints. Interestingly, they weren't highlighted on any map or on-screen marker, requiring you to pace around and search manually while the corridors were booby-trapped with landmines. The end of the mission sees the squad make it past another horde of zombies in one piece, before being notified that its next target is a group of survivors.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City looks to take well-known elements from the franchise, such as its popular array of undead creatures and iconic Raccoon City locations, and implement them successfully from both a narrative and gameplay standpoint. Although it has a few unique ideas with the rival factions and infection system, whether it'll have broad appeal, particularly to shooter fans unfamiliar with Resident Evil, remains to be seen, but long-running fans will have plenty to get excited over when it releases early next year.

Last edited by MatParker116 on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Digital Spy ORC Preview   Digital Spy ORC Preview EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:44 am

Way to make a comeback Very Happy

That was an interesting read, thanks for that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Digital Spy ORC Preview   Digital Spy ORC Preview EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:52 am

Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Digital Spy ORC Preview   Digital Spy ORC Preview EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 1:42 pm

Wow, after reading this I'm going to pre-order the special edition of this game for sure. Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Digital Spy ORC Preview   Digital Spy ORC Preview EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 1:45 pm

There's a normal edition? I refuse to believe such exists.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Digital Spy ORC Preview   Digital Spy ORC Preview EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:32 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
There's a normal edition? I refuse to believe such exists.
The special edition is just extra special, lets go with that. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
L4Mll
Cerberus
Cerberus
L4Mll

Playstation Network L4Mll

PostSubject: Re: Digital Spy ORC Preview   Digital Spy ORC Preview EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 6:20 am

So its going to be a linear campaign once its done that's it chuck the game away wait another 5 years ?

THE **** ^_^.

Multiplayer was also not a strong point for me im worrying about this game.

Point number 1

Looks like no free roaming

Point Number 2

Looks like its a linear title play once done and gone content wont revive this.

Resident evil 5 kept me going because of the customised choices + the mercenaries modes.

WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO OFFER ? ORC = NOTHING ?

Trying to really like it but something is wrong.

Also if you want to know left 4 dead 2 really shines it has all kinds of features compared to ORC i dont see why they compare Smile.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Digital Spy ORC Preview   Digital Spy ORC Preview EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 6:54 am

The game is still in production. That's only a preview and not even from a official Capcom source. While it is neat and informing I doubt it in no way represents the finished product.

To be honest I don't really care for a free roaming environment, I get enough of that in games like Driver and GTA. I'm cool if I'm getting a game with the freedom to explore while doing the missions.
Back to top Go down
L4Mll
Cerberus
Cerberus
L4Mll

PostSubject: Re: Digital Spy ORC Preview   Digital Spy ORC Preview EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:07 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
The game is still in production. That's only a preview and not even from a official Capcom source. While it is neat and informing I doubt it in no way represents the finished product.

To be honest I don't really care for a free roaming environment, I get enough of that in games like Driver and GTA. I'm cool if I'm getting a game with the freedom to explore while doing the missions.

What im after is some type of free game mode kick ass no worrying about campaigns etc Smile.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Digital Spy ORC Preview   Digital Spy ORC Preview EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 9:50 am

I'm sure there will be no free roam mode, and there really shouldn't be. It would take so much time to make it and do it well. What does this game have to offer? Um...it is Resident Evil. I would like nothing more than to walk through the streets of Raccoon City blasting away BOWs with my friends.
Back to top Go down
L4Mll
Cerberus
Cerberus
L4Mll

PostSubject: Re: Digital Spy ORC Preview   Digital Spy ORC Preview EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 5:40 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I'm sure there will be no free roam mode, and there really shouldn't be. It would take so much time to make it and do it well. What does this game have to offer? Um...it is Resident Evil. I would like nothing more than to walk through the streets of Raccoon City blasting away BOWs with my friends.

Something after finishing the game would be sweet.

And btw thanks for the preview good read.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Digital Spy ORC Preview   Digital Spy ORC Preview EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 6:11 pm

@l4, a good point about re5. you see, its probably the most replayable simply because of how much it has to offer. indeed the extras, and of course having multiplayer allows it to be a party game.

i know ive sat down and played mercs with a group, taking turns and all.

orc should have some sort of extras, possibly like a mercs. maybe the non-linear story will be fresh enough to go back to?...

something where you are pinned down with your friends in an area in the city, dealing with waves and getting points for enemy deaths, combos and wave completions would be nice.

but just being able to play with 3 or so of my friends, that alone sells the game for me.

it being re already did too.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Digital Spy ORC Preview   Digital Spy ORC Preview EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:11 pm

A mercs type game after the main story would be nice for sure.
Back to top Go down
L4Mll
Cerberus
Cerberus
L4Mll

PostSubject: Re: Digital Spy ORC Preview   Digital Spy ORC Preview EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 2:46 am

Spike991 wrote:
@l4, a good point about re5. you see, its probably the most replayable simply because of how much it has to offer. indeed the extras, and of course having multiplayer allows it to be a party game.

i know ive sat down and played mercs with a group, taking turns and all.

orc should have some sort of extras, possibly like a mercs. maybe the non-linear story will be fresh enough to go back to?...

something where you are pinned down with your friends in an area in the city, dealing with waves and getting points for enemy deaths, combos and wave completions would be nice.

but just being able to play with 3 or so of my friends, that alone sells the game for me.

it being re already did too.

Another idea for the community thread would it be ok to add this later on ?

Absolute solid idea SOLID IDEA Smile.

I 100% agree with this sounds to awesome knowing slant socks they probably wont do this GRRR slant six.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Digital Spy ORC Preview   Digital Spy ORC Preview EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 2:22 pm

L4Mll wrote:
Another idea for the community thread would it be ok to add this later on ?

Absolute solid idea SOLID IDEA Smile.

I 100% agree with this sounds to awesome knowing slant socks they probably wont do this GRRR slant six.

Yeah dude, let em know.(:

i thought about podting that in your other thread, but was, and still am too lazy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Digital Spy ORC Preview   Digital Spy ORC Preview Empty

Back to top Go down

Digital Spy ORC Preview
Page 1 of 1