HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?

Go down 
+5
toddx77
Sargent D
charlieRE2
Mass Distraction
Bub537
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:17 am

Depending on the player I'd say RE2 or 3 as the second game. RE2 if the person doesn't care for graphics.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 12:18 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Cyberote wrote:
I'd say start with REmake, go to RE0, then up from there.
I wouldn't recommend Zer0 as one of the first games as I hear it's pretty hard. Might be a deal breaker to some.

I didn't think Zero was all that hard. I mean sure the inventory system was kinda goofy but all in all it wasn't a hard game. CVX is harder if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 12:20 pm

I actually thought CVX was pretty damn easy.
Back to top Go down
Cyberote
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Cyberote

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:02 pm

Bub537 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Cyberote wrote:
I'd say start with REmake, go to RE0, then up from there.
I wouldn't recommend Zer0 as one of the first games as I hear it's pretty hard. Might be a deal breaker to some.

I didn't think Zero was all that hard. I mean sure the inventory system was kinda goofy but all in all it wasn't a hard game. CVX is harder if you ask me.
Same here. Code Veronica was difficult.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:06 pm

What made CVX so difficult for you? The knife is super strong, plenty of ammo (seriously), very easy to dodge zombies, puzzles weren't that hard, enough herbs, the only hard boss fight is the tyrant but even he isn't that hard (anti-bow grenades ftw). It was easy. RE0 was extremely hard for me. I'd take a bandersnatch over an eliminator anyday.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:14 pm

ThomVD wrote:
What made CVX so difficult for you? The knife is super strong, plenty of ammo (seriously), very easy to dodge zombies, puzzles weren't that hard, enough herbs, the only hard boss fight is the tyrant but even he isn't that hard (anti-bow grenades ftw). It was easy. RE0 was extremely hard for me. I'd take a bandersnatch over an eliminator anyday.

Plenty of ammo my ass. That's the whole reason I'm stuck in the situation I am with the tyrant on the plane. But yeah the eliminators were really frustrating. The knife is definitely stronger than in most RE games. The puzzles were fairly average in terms of difficulty.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:50 pm

In the second half they give you a shitload of ammo. I swear that I could kill each enemy in the game twice with the ammo they gave me. I didn't even use the AK or the uzis and I had like 200 handgun bullets, 20 grenades of each kind, 30 shotgun bullets, 4 first aid sprays, 20 bowgun arrows and a lot of other stuff on my first playthrough. I did dodge a lot of zombies and used the knife a lot though. In zero, I was always on low health and when I finally found a herb or spray, I had to use it immediately.
Back to top Go down
toddx77
Zombie
Zombie
toddx77

Playstation Network supermanx77

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 5:21 pm

I would say 0 was the hardest and worry about recomending it to someone new. Normally I would say play 0 first since I'm such a chronological whore lol but 0's play style can be a real turn off plus for somewhere who has never played a re game they would really enjoy playing remake first. If you play as Jill I always liked how it seemed Barry was the traitor instead of Wesker so new comers would really like the plot twist. I did like how 0 took advantage of the 2 people always together system which was interesting but the no item boxes is what really killed the game. It would have been as bad if there was no limit to how many items you could have in a room but then the further you got in the game you had to move all your items to a closer room which involved a lot of back tracking.
Back to top Go down
ZombiePrincess
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ZombiePrincess

Playstation Network MisfitSilentts

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 8:41 pm

I would recommend REmake.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheKidsInYourCorner
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 2:04 pm

ThomVD wrote:
Yeah, otherwise Capcom would consider making a FPS RE game.

Again, it is fun to go back and read the old post. I sincerely hope Umbrella Corps flops majorly.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2