HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game?

Go down 
+5
HUNK'syouruncle
toddx77
ZombiePrincess
Spike991
Monster Mash
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? Empty
PostSubject: Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game?   Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm referring to the licker that mutated in the first movie after it fed on human flesh. Yes, the film was very flawed, but I think that this could make a legit foe in the games.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game?   Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 8:22 pm

I still stand by loving the first film, but that is a discussion for another time.

I think I would love to see more Lickers in general. Advancements are appreciated too.

I would love to see the RE2 Lickers, and the gecko-like Lickers in the Outbreak games. Those could have simply been design differences with the games, but they looked different enough. Darkside used Licker's btw, and they looked like a remade version of the RE2 Lickers, so maybe those two that I mentioned are legitimately different.

Not to mention the ones in RE5, which I believe were infected with Progenitor as well? Something like that, I remember Miguel or somebody talking about it in the TRICELL files on the computer.

Anyway, mutations and stronger variations are cool.

Oh, and I love how you get certain button sequences with certain....stronger, sub-boss, significant type enemies. Lickers in RE5 for instance, may lunge at you, and if you miss it's an instant kill. If you dodge though, via the button sequence, it knocks them down and allows for you to run over and press the action button for a cool kill, involving you knife.

I'd like to see more stuff like that. Perhaps with the Tyrants, like in ORC. But yeah, I've rambled on enough.
Back to top Go down
ZombiePrincess
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ZombiePrincess

Playstation Network MisfitSilentts

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game?   Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 1:10 am

I hate lickers. I hate lickers. I hate lickers. I have nightmare about those fucking things. pale

Tho for the love of the game, they need more lickers. I don't know why, but they scare the shit out of me.

But if it becomes advanced graphics with those things... *passes out from fright*
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheKidsInYourCorner
toddx77
Zombie
Zombie
toddx77

Playstation Network supermanx77

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game?   Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 2:36 am

I could go for that. I would want to fight it on a train though lol.
Back to top Go down
HUNK'syouruncle
Zombie
Zombie
HUNK'syouruncle

Playstation Network h1432nic

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game?   Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 3:00 am

The lickers are epic, one of my favourite of umbrella's monsters. They surely do need to make a comeback, the mutated licker in the first film looked like a skinned saber tooth tiger. I found it anticlimatic as the main monster was just a licker, i thought it would be Tyrant but he got pushed back to the 3rd movie. I didn't like it that much. I didn't really like any of the live action films, however i do like how the monsters look the same as in the games, that was cool (but why is Nemesis like The Terminator?). I aslo think that the giant Turantulas need to make a comeback (I think it looks hilarious when the run along the walls. XD).
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game?   Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:07 am

Spike991 wrote:
I would love to see the RE2 Lickers, and the gecko-like Lickers in the Outbreak games. Those could have simply been design differences with the games, but they looked different enough. Darkside used Licker's btw, and they looked like a remade version of the RE2 Lickers, so maybe those two that I mentioned are legitimately different.
The theory on that one is that the lickers you see in RE2 are mass produced B.O.W.s and they somehow mutated even further becoming the super lickers at the later parts of the game. The lickers in Outbreak (the gecko-like ones) on the other hand are zombies/crimsons who have further mutated into a licker. The fact that they didn't have any enhancements by Umbrella, they are skinnier and less muscular than the other lickers. Also, don't forget the Suspendead, pretty much the only visibly female licker in the games.

Licker Betas looked a bit like the advanced one in the movie. I wonder what kind of lickers they are going to use in Damnation?

HUNK'syouruncle wrote:
I found it anticlimatic as the main monster was just a licker, i thought it would be Tyrant but he got pushed back to the 3rd movie.
Technically, Nemesis is a tyrant.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
HUNK'syouruncle
Zombie
Zombie
HUNK'syouruncle

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game?   Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
The theory on that one is that the lickers you see in RE2 are mass produced B.O.W.s and they somehow mutated even further becoming the super lickers at the later parts of the game. The lickers in Outbreak (the gecko-like ones) on the other hand are zombies/crimsons who have further mutated into a licker. The fact that they didn't have any enhancements by Umbrella, they are skinnier and less muscular than the other lickers. Also, don't forget the Suspendead, pretty much the only visibly female licker in the games.

Licker Betas looked a bit like the advanced one in the movie. I wonder what kind of lickers they are going to use in Damnation?

HUNK'syouruncle wrote:
I found it anticlimatic as the main monster was just a licker, i thought it would be Tyrant but he got pushed back to the 3rd movie.

You're right on that one, but Tyrant was the first main (boss...thing) monster in the RE franchise, if some guys are gonna make an adaptation then using Tyrant would be a good choice. Also in the first movie isn't only the T-virus involved? The lickers are results of the G-virus if memory serves.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game?   Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 7:16 am

HUNK'syouruncle wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
HUNK'syouruncle wrote:

You're right on that one, but Tyrant was the first main (boss...thing) monster in the RE franchise, if some guys are gonna make an adaptation then using Tyrant would be a good choice. Also in the first movie isn't only the T-virus involved? The lickers are results of the G-virus if memory serves.
I'm not sure what was used on the ones created in labs but I guess it too was T since regular zombies (t-virus infected) are capable of going through a transformation to v-acts and further into lickers.
Back to top Go down
HUNK'syouruncle
Zombie
Zombie
HUNK'syouruncle

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game?   Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 7:24 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
HUNK'syouruncle wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
HUNK'syouruncle wrote:

I'm not sure what was used on the ones created in labs but I guess it too was T since regular zombies (t-virus infected) are capable of going through a transformation to v-acts and further into lickers.

perhaps, this may sound like a stupid question, but what was a licker originally? Human, bunny? (im asking this as in the movie they were doing tests on rabits
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game?   Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 7:29 am

HUNK'syouruncle wrote:
perhaps, this may sound like a stupid question, but what was a licker originally? Human, bunny? (im asking this as in the movie they were doing tests on rabits
As my previous post suggests, lickers were human before the mutations. The virus has just mutated them beyond recognition. No other genes were used on them.
Back to top Go down
Cyberote
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Cyberote

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game?   Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 9:51 am

There were way too many lickers in RE5. It's like they didn't even really care about their integrity. Like Capcom sat there and thought "Hell let's throw in a crap load of lickers and make them easily dispatchable!" Back in the old games, if you saw that many lickers, you'd be freaking out thinking you're absolutely screwed. They need to lessen the amount of lickers, but make them more dangerous somehow. Mix them with the novistadors from RE4. Make them able to blend in with their surroundings. That would make for an awesome and creepy licker. I will always love the classic lickers though.

On a side note, it was very hard for me not to type "ticker" since I've been playing Gears 3 a lot lately XD
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game?   Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 9:56 am

The novistador were dangerous?

Cyberote wrote:
On a side note, it was very hard for me not to type "ticker" since I've been playing Gears 3 a lot lately XD
Fun fact: Hunters were replaced by creatures called Ticks in the Sega Saturn version of the original game.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game?   Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:15 am

Lickers are one of my favorite RE creatures, but they can be very annoying in the games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
JoseMojo
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
JoseMojo

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game?   Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:41 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
The novistador were dangerous?

I thought the same thing, You could still see them even when they were invisible so I dont think theyre that dangerous.

Quote :
Cyberote wrote:
Fun fact: Hunters were replaced by creatures called Ticks in the Sega Saturn version of the original game.

WOAH WOAH hold everything up... what? why would they do that?
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game?   Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:18 pm

Cyberote wrote:
There were way too many lickers in RE5. It's like they didn't even really care about their integrity. Like Capcom sat there and thought "Hell let's throw in a crap load of lickers and make them easily dispatchable!" Back in the old games, if you saw that many lickers, you'd be freaking out thinking you're absolutely screwed. They need to lessen the amount of lickers, but make them more dangerous somehow. Mix them with the novistadors from RE4. Make them able to blend in with their surroundings. That would make for an awesome and creepy licker. I will always love the classic lickers though.

They were actually pretty tough in RE5, I think to that same extent in RE2.

And novistadors are extremely dangerous if they get close.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game?   Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:19 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
HUNK'syouruncle wrote:
As my previous post suggests, lickers were human before the mutations. The virus has just mutated them beyond recognition. No other genes were used on them.

Didn't they start out as zombies?
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game?   Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:21 pm

Monster Mash wrote:
Yeah I think they did, then they mutated into Lickers. I'm not 100% sure on that though.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game?   Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:40 pm

Monster Mash wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
HUNK'syouruncle wrote:

Seriously, does anyone read my posts? This is the previous post I mentioned in that one:

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game?   Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 5:02 pm

Sorry, I didn't see that. I do love that Outbreak showed us the stages between zombie and licker.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game?   Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 5:53 pm

@mass, i remember the female licker, the boss at the end of the Hellfire Scenario.

what about this theory you mentioned, is it your theory, because i dont really find too much of that too familiar?
Back to top Go down
toddx77
Zombie
Zombie
toddx77

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game?   Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:06 pm

HUNK'syouruncle wrote:
I aslo think that the giant Turantulas need to make a comeback (I think it looks hilarious when the run along the walls. XD).

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO CAPCOM IF YOU READ THIS DO NOT PUT THE GIANT TURANTULAS BACK IN THE GAME. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol The bigger a spider is the harder time I have looking at it. I remember back in the day I had my sister do the spider parts in re2 or I would look out of the corner of my eye and just look for the door lol. I've never actually seen the spider boss in remake. I just look away from the screen and keep firing until its dead. If I went back to the old ones I might be able to deal with the spiders since the graphics are so old. The last time I played CVX was in 2008 and I was able to handle the spiders for some reason, I was even able to look at the giant boss one too lol.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game?   Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:33 pm

I think it'd be cool to see the giant spiders make a comeback. They were pretty harmless and easily disposed of. I also happened to like their design.

Spike991 wrote:
@mass, i remember the female licker, the boss at the end of the Hellfire Scenario.

what about this theory you mentioned, is it your theory, because i dont really find too much of that too familiar?
I think it's a pretty common theory. Not mine, although I had come to the same conclusion way before reading/hearing about it. Most of the people I talk to tend to agree with it and it's also what is presented in RE Wiki.
Back to top Go down
toddx77
Zombie
Zombie
toddx77

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game?   Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:11 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I think it'd be cool to see the giant spiders make a comeback. They were pretty harmless and easily disposed of. I also happened to like their design.

No its against the law for that to happen lol. I don't want to have to look out the corner of my eye while playing the spider parts, it kind of hurts lol.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game?   Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 10:35 am

I always thought the spiders were annoying because they always use to poison me all the time. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game?   Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 3:18 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
it's also what is presented in RE Wiki.

Say no more, I gotcha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game?   Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you like to see the advanced licker in a game?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next