Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Jack Krauser on RE4?

Go down 
+4
ThomVD
NiteKrawler
xExcel
HUNK'syouruncle
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HUNK'syouruncle
Zombie
Zombie
HUNK'syouruncle

Playstation Network h1432nic

Jack Krauser on RE4? Empty
PostSubject: Jack Krauser on RE4?   Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 2:47 am

I was playing Resident Evil 4 today (my favourite re title and 3rd favourite videogame of all time) and realised that it was the first game to feature Jack Krauser who is explained as a former colleague of Leons. He seems like an under developed character that Capcom just threw into the game to make the story more interesting. I dont have anything against Krauser, I just found his sudden appearance strange. Does anybody else feel the same way?
Back to top Go down
xExcel
Cerberus
Cerberus
xExcel

PostSubject: Re: Jack Krauser on RE4?   Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 3:33 am

I dunno about that, I had mixed feelings when he first showed up, but Darkside Chronicles really pulled off a convincing backstory.

He witnessed first hand the powers of the viruses, thanks to Manuela and her father. He believed that you had to be powerful enough to control it, and used Manuela as an example of that. All this after suffering an injury relevant enough to end his military career, so of course he'd be searching for something to make himself feel important again.

It all ties together quite nicely.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Jack Krauser on RE4?   Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 1:14 pm

Wow, I like your sig, but it is way too big. Can you please resize it? Also, as Exel said, DC makes his character much better. But if you have only played RE4 then yes, his character is crap.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Jack Krauser on RE4?   Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 4:21 am

Yeah, I don't know why people liked him so much in RE4. He had no background story at all (before Operation Javier)
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Jack Krauser on RE4?   Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 9:44 am

When i first saw Krauser kneeling down by Sadler i really liked his style and the way he talked esspecially when he uttered the words to Sadler "Consider it done". I see what you mean though his whole character was a bit stereotypical and simple. A bit lazy on capcoms part.

Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Jack Krauser on RE4?   Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 1:58 pm

Unlike most (if not all) other characters, I'm largely indifferent to Krauser and don't feel very strongly about him either way. I don't like him like I do Chris or Jill and I don't really dislike him like I do Billy and Leon.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Jack Krauser on RE4?   Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:15 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Unlike most (if not all) other characters, I'm largely indifferent to Krauser and don't feel very strongly about him either way. I don't like him like I do Chris or Jill and I don't really dislike him like I do Billy and Leon.

I can understand why you dislike Leon (he is one of the most overrated characters in gaming), but I thought Billy was ok. Sure he isn't a very important character, but he was still pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Jack Krauser on RE4?   Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 3:13 pm

Did Jamesy just post a completely relevant, coherent and well thought out comment? Is my own post ironic in the sense that it is completely irrelevant?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Jack Krauser on RE4?   Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 3:23 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Did Jamesy just post a completely relevant, coherent and well thought out comment? Is my own post ironic in the sense that it is completely irrelevant?
The universe just might collapse.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Jack Krauser on RE4?   Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 4:01 pm

ThomVD wrote:
I can understand why you dislike Leon (he is one of the most overrated characters in gaming), but I thought Billy was ok. Sure he isn't a very important character, but he was still pretty cool.
He's an irrelevant character. That, coupled with peoples' borderline obsession with him, makes me dislike him.

Mass Distraction wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
The universe just might collapse.
Dammit, I told Juan not to divide by zero again after that incident in Guatemala...
Back to top Go down
xCbastx
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
xCbastx

Playstation Network Cbast21

PostSubject: Re: Jack Krauser on RE4?   Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 4:17 pm

My first post here! Very Happy

Anyways, I was like WTF? when I first saw Karauser kneeling to Saddler in RE4. He was underdeveloped in RE4, but Capcom did a good job on his back story in Darkside Chronicles.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Jack Krauser on RE4?   Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 4:26 pm

Welcome to the forum Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Jack Krauser on RE4?   Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 4:30 pm

xCbastx wrote:
My first post here! Very Happy
Welcome new guy. Now go make an introduction Razz
Back to top Go down
xExcel
Cerberus
Cerberus
xExcel

PostSubject: Re: Jack Krauser on RE4?   Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 5:32 pm

Leon can't help being overrated -_-
that's no reason to hate the character, just hate those that made him overrated...

besides, if you ask me, Chris is the overrated one, yet almost nobody ever complains about him -_-
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Jack Krauser on RE4?   Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 5:42 pm

xExcel wrote:
Leon can't help being overrated -_-
that's no reason to hate the character, just hate those that made him overrated...

besides, if you ask me, Chris is the overrated one, yet almost nobody ever complains about him -_-

I never said I hated Leon, he's cool Smile , but I can understand why some people dislike him.
Chris is not overrated. He's the main RE hero and he is a likable character, and he's the brother of Claire which makes things even better. Just search a random 'Best RE male character' or 'Leon vs Chris' vid on youtube and read the comments you'll see that Leon is the overrated one. Mostly by people that only played RE4.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Jack Krauser on RE4?   Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 7:22 pm

Yeah, Chris is not overrated at all. Being on this site for as long as I have has shown me that much. I also don't hate Leon, though I know it seems as if I do. I'm just sick of him taking the spotlight. Like, I feel that we could see some of the other characters I like, but instead they just keep giving us Leon. I want a little more variety. I would even like to see someone other than Chris in the next game, since he was just in RE5. I'd be ok with Jill, since she didn't have a bunch of screen time.
Back to top Go down
HUNK'syouruncle
Zombie
Zombie
HUNK'syouruncle

Playstation Network h1432nic

PostSubject: Re: Jack Krauser on RE4?   Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 7:28 pm

I can understand why so many people dont like Leon, personally hes my favourite RE character and RE4 is my favourite RE title. I dont think Leon is being overused though. Dont forget that hes only in 3 games and one animated movie. Another game with a Leon and Claire team up reunion would be pretty awesome. even though RE4 is my favourite game, something about it feels bad, i cant quite put my finger on it though.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Jack Krauser on RE4?   Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 2:12 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Yeah, Chris is not overrated at all. Being on this site for as long as I have has shown me that much. I also don't hate Leon, though I know it seems as if I do. I'm just sick of him taking the spotlight. Like, I feel that we could see some of the other characters I like, but instead they just keep giving us Leon. I want a little more variety. I would even like to see someone other than Chris in the next game, since he was just in RE5. I'd be ok with Jill, since she didn't have a bunch of screen time.

Claire should be in the next RE game. It's her turn to appear in a next-gen game. It would be great to see Sherry again too, and it would make sense putting those two in the same game.

HUNK'syouruncle wrote:
I can understand why so many people dont like Leon, personally hes my favourite RE character and RE4 is my favourite RE title. I dont think Leon is being overused though. Dont forget that hes only in 3 games and one animated movie. Another game with a Leon and Claire team up reunion would be pretty awesome. even though RE4 is my favourite game, something about it feels bad, i cant quite put my finger on it though.

His popularity makes him look like he's overused. And he's appeared in RE4, DSC and Degeneration which was released not long after each other.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Jack Krauser on RE4?   Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 8:59 am

ThomVD wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Claire should be in the next RE game. It's her turn to appear in a next-gen game. It would be great to see Sherry again too, and it would make sense putting those two in the same game.
Sherry or Rebecca. Those two we haven't heard of in a while. Jill, along with Chris, is already going to be in Revelations so I wouldn't like to see her again, not yet.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Jack Krauser on RE4?   Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:13 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Sherry or Rebecca. Those two we haven't heard of in a while. Jill, along with Chris, is already going to be in Revelations so I wouldn't like to see her again, not yet.

I just have a crush on Claire, so I want her to be in RE6. But you're right about Rebecca. I want to know what happened to her. There are a lot of rumors that she's dead.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Jack Krauser on RE4?   Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:21 am

ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

I just have a crush on Claire, so I want her to be in RE6. But you're right about Rebecca. I want to know what happened to her. There are a lot of rumors that she's dead.
Ignore the rumors. She's not dead. None of the RE main characters dies behind the scenes without an epic death scene. Besides, Capcom has not stated anything even relatively close to that. If it's not official, it's not true.

I'd also like to see Claire, but we already pretty much know what she has been up to lately.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Jack Krauser on RE4?   Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:30 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Ignore the rumors. She's not dead. None of the RE main characters dies behind the scenes without an epic death scene. Besides, Capcom has not stated anything even relatively close to that. If it's not official, it's not true.

I'd also like to see Claire, but we already pretty much know what she has been up to lately.

That's true. It would be really bad if they let her die without mentioning it in any game.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Jack Krauser on RE4?   Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 11:01 am

Leon has been in RE2, RE4, Gaiden, DSC, Degeneration and he will star in Damnation as well. I think it is time to put him away for a while.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Jack Krauser on RE4?   Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 5:07 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Leon has been in RE2, RE4, Gaiden, DSC, Degeneration and he will star in Damnation as well. I think it is time to put him away for a while.
Don't forget he's gonna be in ORC, too. Although this time around, he's a target to be killed (hopefully in a gruesome manner) by the player.

I want to see pairings we haven't yet seen, such examples being:
Chris & Ada
Leon & Jill
Barry & Rebecca
Barry & Ada
Barry & Claire
Carlos & Claire

Etc..
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Jack Krauser on RE4?   Jack Krauser on RE4? EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 5:07 pm

Why would rebbecca be dead? Did the ghost of James Marcus kill her?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jack Krauser on RE4?   Jack Krauser on RE4? Empty

Back to top Go down

Jack Krauser on RE4?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next