HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The end of gaming content on teh interwebz? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The end of gaming content on teh interwebz? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The end of gaming content on teh interwebz? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The end of gaming content on teh interwebz? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The end of gaming content on teh interwebz? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The end of gaming content on teh interwebz? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The end of gaming content on teh interwebz? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The end of gaming content on teh interwebz? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The end of gaming content on teh interwebz? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The end of gaming content on teh interwebz?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

The end of gaming content on teh interwebz? Empty
PostSubject: The end of gaming content on teh interwebz?   The end of gaming content on teh interwebz? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 6:43 am

I don't know, this just sounds bad to me :/ Hopefully it never passes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: The end of gaming content on teh interwebz?   The end of gaming content on teh interwebz? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 1:06 pm

I listened to most of it. I really don't think we will have to worry because a lot of people will fight this bill. Like he said, the video game industry (which is very powerful now), will fight this tooth and nail because it will hurt their bottom line. This bill is a joke to me.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The end of gaming content on teh interwebz?   The end of gaming content on teh interwebz? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 1:19 pm

I'm familiar with it and it won't pass. The same basic logic applies to screencapping movies and TV shows and putting those screencaps online, which the movie industry tried to fight as "copyright infringement" but failed miserably because doing so (if from official sources like trailers or non-bootleg copies of films) is covered under fair use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: The end of gaming content on teh interwebz?   The end of gaming content on teh interwebz? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 5:24 am

The same evening after posting this I thought about this from the fair use standpoint, like GL brought up in previous post, and came to the same conclusion as him.

It's just ridiculous how they are trying to fight with the copyright stuff even though it seems utterly pointless.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The end of gaming content on teh interwebz?   The end of gaming content on teh interwebz? Empty

Back to top Go down

The end of gaming content on teh interwebz?
Page 1 of 1