HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info

Go down 
+3
Ghost Leader
NiteKrawler
Mass Distraction
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info   Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 5:57 am

Found this on another forum. Sounds great to me! Also clarifies the "reboot" thing. Let's hope for more info during this year's Tokyo Game Show (September 16th).

Here's a [link] to the original source.

Quote :
Speaking with Gamerzines, Capcom’s SVP Christian Svensson has clarified on the new direction that the Resident Evil series will be seeing post Resident Evil 5.

“We’re making some drastic changes to a series to update it and keep it relevant…We’re not ready to talk about it any time soon but let’s just say it’s ambitious.”

Svensson also eases the fan fear created by Resident Evil 5 producer Jun Takeuchi when he stated that Resident Evil 6 will be a “reboot”.

“To me, a reboot means a new direction, a brand new update for the franchise. That doesn’t mean you throw everything away and start from scratch. People say Resident Evil 4 was a reboot for the Resident Evil franchise? Did Resident Evil 4 throw away all of the series canon and start from scratch? It didn’t.”

This sounds like all good news to me. Resident Evil 4 brought the series in an exciting new direction, but Resident Evil 5 didn’t do much different at all. It even ended up re-using many animations from the previous title. To me, Resident Evil 5 was just a disappointment. Hearing that Resident Evil 6 will try something new and refreshing is excellent news.

We don’t need a lackluster story, ridiculous characters, or explosions. Just give us what made the series so iconic in the first place. Bring back the fear, because truthfully, Resident Evil 5′s “fear you can’t forget” slogan was just a slap to the face.

Don't like the dissing of RE5, though :/

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info   Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 12:44 pm

I don't like how many fans have actually come to believe that Resident Evil is THE series of fear. You always hear them spouting off such nonsense as "They need to go back to what RE is: fear." That's bull. Silent Hill is scarier than RE and always has been. The PSX Clocktower game was excruciatingly scary. RE5 should not have disappointed fans at all. They just seem to have misguided ideas of what RE really is. A series about biological terrorism, crazy characters, and insane creatures. And sandwiches. [/rant]
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info   Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 1:03 pm

Source? Without that, it's all hearsay. Although I agree that the "fear you can't forget" slogan did suck donkey globes.
Back to top Go down
Deagle50
Zombie
Zombie
Deagle50

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info   Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 4:37 pm

That was really RE5's slogan?Epic fail.Did the review say anything about who 6's protaganist will be?Please not Leon,Chris,or Jill.
I think RE should get rid of the shop,currency,and the stockpiles of weapons allover the place.Like the RPG located in the marshlands in RE5 on a wrecked wooden vessel.How did it get there?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info   Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 5:33 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Source? Without that, it's all hearsay. Although I agree that the "fear you can't forget" slogan did suck donkey globes.
Found the source, link provided.

Source [link]

@Nite: You're right, it's annoying how people complain about the "fear". RE has always been about the story to me. I've played tons of games scarier than RE and just to add a couple to those you already mentioned, games like Amnesia or Siren.

@Deagle: What review? No character reveals as far as I'm aware. Oh, and hasn't there ALWAYS been weapons found throughout the games? The RPG was a fun little find, actually, found it on my second playthrough.

On another note, why won't my sig show up on this particular thread Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Deagle50
Zombie
Zombie
Deagle50

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info   Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 12:58 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Found the source, link provided.

Source [link]

@Nite: You're right, it's annoying how people complain about the "fear". RE has always been about the story to me. I've played tons of games scarier than RE and just to add a couple to those you already mentioned, games like Amnesia or Siren.

@Deagle: What review? No character reveals as far as I'm aware. Oh, and hasn't there ALWAYS been weapons found throughout the games? The RPG was a fun little find, actually, found it on my second playthrough.

On another note, why won't my sig show up on this particular thread Very Happy

Your sig really isn't showing up?Maybe it's hiding.jk lol
And I just realized it was an article.Not a review.My bad.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info   Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 4:04 pm

How about Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem? Great game.

Edit: Got your sig up. When you make threads, be sure to click the tiny plus sign at the bottom before you submit, and then check the box that says "attach signatures". For some reason, it may be unchecked for you by default.
Back to top Go down
sawyer15
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
sawyer15

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info   Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 9:51 am

Siren is a much scarier game along with silent hill or project zero, i never considered any of the RE games as really scary, but they are still brilliant
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info   Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 10:01 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
I don't like how many fans have actually come to believe that Resident Evil is THE series of fear. You always hear them spouting off such nonsense as "They need to go back to what RE is: fear." That's bull. Silent Hill is scarier than RE and always has been. The PSX Clocktower game was excruciatingly scary. RE5 should not have disappointed fans at all. They just seem to have misguided ideas of what RE really is. A series about biological terrorism, crazy characters, and insane creatures. And sandwiches. [/rant]
Spot on.

While I do agree that RE games should to be scary (last time I checked, every single one is scary) it doesn't mean the whole game and mythos has to be reduced to only dark and scary environments with tons of jump scares and little ammo (by the way, I think just about every RE game gives you a pretty fair amount of ammo and running out of it is pretty difficult). The series has evolved. For the better, too. RE games are just as good today as they were back then.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info   Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 12:41 pm

Agreed. The only RE game that I had trouble keeping ammo with was RE0 and I was probably just using too much on non-important enemies.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info   Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:48 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Spot on.

While I do agree that RE games should to be scary (last time I checked, every single one is scary) it doesn't mean the whole game and mythos has to be reduced to only dark and scary environments with tons of jump scares and little ammo (by the way, I think just about every RE game gives you a pretty fair amount of ammo and running out of it is pretty difficult). The series has evolved. For the better, too. RE games are just as good today as they were back then.

Unless you are playing Resident Evil 2. Then, losing wasting ammo is damn near impossible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info   Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 6 (kinda) announced and more info
Page 1 of 1