Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
A Little Help EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
A Little Help EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
A Little Help EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
A Little Help EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
A Little Help EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
A Little Help EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
A Little Help EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
A Little Help EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
A Little Help EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

A Little Help

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

A Little Help Empty
PostSubject: A Little Help   A Little Help EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 9:15 am

So I have Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 on 360, and I recently noticed that it has a couple of 'cracks' in the disc...that's the only real way I can describe it.

I bought the game new, and it certainly wasn't like that when I first got it. I haven't lent it out to anybody, and I guarantee that I take damn good care of my games.

So yeah, the cracks in the disc, not any scratches, as I said, I take good care, but I don't know what caused the cracks, so any ideas?

Thanks.

Oh, and I also feel like I should mention that it still plays, though freezes on me a lot more. I finish a match, and it goes to a black screen as if it's about to start loading up the main menu or whatever, and just stays there.....
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

A Little Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Little Help   A Little Help EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:37 am

Holy crap, I hope nothing like that happens to my games D: Never heard about this happening... Could it be the disc was somehow flawed?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

A Little Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Little Help   A Little Help EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:43 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Holy crap, I hope nothing like that happens to my games D: Never heard about this happening... Could it be the disc was somehow flawed?

No clue. Like I said, I don't think I did anything to it, consciously.

I keep it in the 360 most of the time. It just seemed so, spontaneous.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

A Little Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Little Help   A Little Help EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:48 am

As I suggested, maybe the disc was flawed or something? Like, during the manufacturing. It just waited for the right time to start breaking.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

A Little Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Little Help   A Little Help EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:50 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
As I suggested, maybe the disc was flawed or something? Like, during the manufacturing. It just waited for the right time to start breaking.

Does that happen? It's something to take into consideration.

Oddly enough, I saw the same thing with the 2010 I was given. Of course this one was used, and already had the cracks, to a greater extent than my new 2011, and it wouldn't even play, so I gave it back...

You know, I also play 2011 a whole lot, perhaps the heat from the noisy ass 360 is the perpetrator?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

A Little Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Little Help   A Little Help EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:52 am

Spike991 wrote:
You know, I also play 2011 a whole lot, perhaps the heat from the noisy ass 360 is the perpetrator?
That could be, although I've heard about discs having manufacturing problems earlier. Those have been just CDs, though.

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

A Little Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Little Help   A Little Help EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:54 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
That could bem although I've heard about discs having manufacturing problems earlier. Those have been just CDs, though.

Yeah, sucks if you've spend 60 bucks. Once I have some extra money, if it becomes a real issue, I'll probably just buy another copy.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

A Little Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Little Help   A Little Help EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:56 am

Could you just get it back to the store to get your money back or to trade it for a working one?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

A Little Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Little Help   A Little Help EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:01 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Could you just get it back to the store to get your money back or to trade it for a working one?

Knowing Gamestop, probably not. I could try, I might still have the reciete(I think I mispelled that), though it hasn't stopped working yet, I do feel like it's only going to get worse.

I don't know, Gamestop is picky about when they will take, too many scratches, or maybe cracks will get you're trade in turned away, but they'll sell you any peice of junk so long as they get some money.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

A Little Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Little Help   A Little Help EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:07 am

Hmm... Never been to Gamestop, although I'm sure we have a few around here somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

A Little Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Little Help   A Little Help EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:15 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Hmm... Never been to Gamestop, although I'm sure we have a few around here somewhere.

Yeah, I'll post back later if I get any changes, good or bad. I hope for some good theories as to what caused it though, I might try to google it.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

A Little Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Little Help   A Little Help EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:56 am

It was in a 360. What do you expect?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

A Little Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Little Help   A Little Help EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:16 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
It was in a 360. What do you expect?

Hardy, har, har....

I thought I might get one of those...any ideas? Other than "360 sucks....derrrr"?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

A Little Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Little Help   A Little Help EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:24 pm

I heard rumors of the original Xboxs actually melting discs...Dunno if it's true. Could have had a flaw and then the heat of the system could have expanded the disc in such a way that small cracks appeared. Only thing I can think of. That's why I love Bluray discs. They are tough as all hell.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

A Little Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Little Help   A Little Help EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:35 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I heard rumors of the original Xboxs actually melting discs...Dunno if it's true. Could have had a flaw and then the heat of the system could have expanded the disc in such a way that small cracks appeared. Only thing I can think of. That's why I love Bluray discs. They are tough as all hell.

I have an Elite, got it used, but it still runs perfect.

I'll just have to be more careful from now on, if it was indeed me, or even if not, careful couldn't hurt. I'll just avoid leaving it in there too much, especially if it's like an oven, and avoid cases that really require you to stomp the disc into it.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

A Little Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Little Help   A Little Help EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:50 pm

A few things could have happened
was the game like that when you got that ?
Have you dropped or moved your xbox when it was still on or experienced a grinding strange noise ?
if so it was the laser that done it
Mass is right some games do get flawed during manufacture
I got RE5 at midnight on release, got home and checked the game and the disk had cracks on the surface
This will happen on out of so many thousand, or the game will be slightly flawed and when you push the middle button to get your game out your game slightly bend as normal and sometimes this can awaken the cracks and make them come to the surface
same goes for the when the disk is spinning in the xbox

Anyway there's nothing you can do except buy a new game or if that one still works then just keep using it
You would only get a refund if it was within 7 days of returning and was an actual manufacture fault or evidence that it might have been packed that way , well thats the way they deal with it in Gamestation in the UK its a brilliant UK game shop
Smile
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

A Little Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Little Help   A Little Help EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:04 pm

Thanks Mcghie, ten points to you.Smile

I have moved it, not really when it was on. Heat possibly, and the laser could be to blame as well. The cases need to be made easier, and the discs should all be a little more tough, apparently the Blu-Rays are tuff, affording to Nite.

It certainly wasn't like that when I got it, but alas, I may have to spend the money to get a new one, that is, once this one stops working, and it still does play, so it isn't really urgent, I was just curious, thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

A Little Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Little Help   A Little Help EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:17 pm

No problem I just know all this from experience lol
I suppose thats the life of a xbox gamer Crying or Very sad
Things always breaking or having problems

Yeah I have a ps3 as well and the Blu-ray disks are dual layer you can see the difference whenyou look at a ps3 disk its a little bit chunkier and its tough as hell Shocked
you virtually dont get any scratches on the disk unless you really are trying to scratch them and eevn at that they still dont scratch easy lol
Nite will confirm this as well Smile
I just like the xbox better but because its interfaces are a bit more user friendly and have more handy futures than the ps3 and the ps3 updates take about an hour and a system up date can be very long, it took me like 3 hours to install GT3 and all installs it was a bloody nightmare, thats why I prefer the xbox
Plus also I have both so I aint really a fanboy of any I just play which console I fell like playing and right now its my PC or DC am gaming on lol I love you
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

A Little Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Little Help   A Little Help EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:25 pm

That's fair, I mean I'm not a fanboy either, but I certainly am an Xbox fan. I have a Ps2, and I love that one.Smile

My 360's been reliable, never redringed or anything...this disc is the only real issue. It also kept 2 ringing on me(half a red ring) at one point, but I blew the dust out of it, which I guess was working as a conductor and making it overheat quicker.

SSB Brawl on the Wii is dual layered, not blu-ray I don't think, but dual layered to hold more stuff, since there's a lot of stuff on there. A friend of mine, his Brawl messed up his wii, the disc looked all warped, his wii stopped playing it, and all games....that was awhile back though, so not a problem now.Smile

Do all Ps3 games have to be installed? If so, that's not cool, definately a bitch on memory.

Also, on a side note, since I'm getting some help here, I'm using a laptop right now, it's not mine, and I'm using a USB Wifi thing, also not mine, and the laptop keeps turning off on me.

It goes to a black screen, then starts up again, I have to log on, get the connection, then pull up a browser, huge, huge pain in the ass. Especially if I type an entire post like this one. Any ideas?

Also, it does this numerous times, and it never does it, when I use the Wifi at Starbucks...only the USB seems to be giving me these problems.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

A Little Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Little Help   A Little Help EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:51 pm

I cant remember if you need to install every game on the ps3 but you definitely need to install a update on the games like you do when you get a new game for the xbox only thing is that xbox updates it in the matter of seconds the PS takes about half an hour to a hour in some cases lol

Hhmm might be your usb port
I dont really know about this problem because my old pc used have this problem but it was only my moniter it would turn off and the light would flash and I would need to reboot my Pc I few times to get it to connect to the internet again lol
Might be a overheating problem because laptops do burn up badly also dont have it on your lap have it on a laptop tray thing you can buy or have it on a wood surfaces because I read somewhere that fabric or material like carpet or clothes helps to overheat it because of the threads or something lol either that or if its a old laptop then its just the fact it being old, you know kind of wear and tear issue like my old pc I had was 3 or 4 years old and that started to have issues like your having so I really dont know could be one of these
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

A Little Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Little Help   A Little Help EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:58 pm

When I played MGS4: Guns Of The Patriots, there was installing for each section...Sad

It's probably overheated as you mentioned, and I've sort of figured out about the surface you put it on, I avoid myself, a bed, carpet, etc.

I'm using a kitchen counter, but it still does it. Probably just the heat though. Thanks, another ten points.Smile

By the way, these points don't matter, I just hand them out like Drew Carey.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

A Little Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Little Help   A Little Help EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:05 pm

[i][left] haha yeah the infamous MGS4
god I remember how frustrating that was Shocked
the first install took a long ass time but was pretty cool snakes smoking , that tech demo showed of the graphics a bit which was pretty cool but after that it was taking the piss Shocked lol
Yeah I know lol!
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

A Little Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Little Help   A Little Help EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 3:00 pm

Most PS3 games have no install. And some have optional installs. They rarely ever have forced installs and when they do, it's for games that the 360 just couldn't handle to begin with, like MGS4. Installing it helps it run smoother which is why some people like the PS3 better. Many games run better on the PS3. I've never ever had an install take more than half an hour. Even a half hour is pushing it. System updates, game updates, downloads, nothing takes that long for me. As for the 360 having more features, that's not the case. Basically, the only thing it has that the PS3 does not is cross game voice chat and background music abilities. Whereas the PS3 has thing that the 360 does not have, like web surfing, the ability to play WAY more files than the 360 can, the ability to display games and movies in true 1080p (the 360 cannot display true 1080p), the PS3 has many more exclusive AAA titles, etc. The interface is just based on preference. I'm used to the PS3 so I can navigate it quickly and easily, though I'm getting better at the 360 interface. To me, the 360 interface just seems cluttered or something. I have been appreciating the 360 more though recently since I've been playing it more with friends while drinking. We basically just play Halo: Reach and it's pretty fun. Better than any CoD title available. That's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

A Little Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Little Help   A Little Help EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 3:20 pm

Yeah I get what your saying Smile
I probably just like the xbox better because I had it first and it what a knew best
But as I said I can work the ps3 also I just enjoy the xbox better because of party chat while you play games and the fact that most of my friends have an account with the xbox so we ussualy just sit drinking and play online private matches lol
I prefer halo 3 but reach is pretty good also Smile
I also like the new homefront and medal of honour Tier 1 is a good game because it aint full of kids and fakeness like COD
people dont bitch in the game and it feels more real like the battlefield so I enjoy it Smile
But all in all PC gaming and pc's in general are superior tbh Razz
plus I like how playing RE titles on the pc makes the games run faster and a lot more smooth (the DC does this also )
because being a UK resident we get PAL format and anybody under PAL region knows that RE were really slow and and harder than other countries versions, Normal mode in PAL is like hard mode in any other format and so on.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

A Little Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Little Help   A Little Help EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 3:58 pm

it was handled without care by the delivery guys... maybe

or from manufacturing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Little Help Empty