Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil vs Silent Hill

Go down 
+24
Cyberization
Limey
Shrike
Wesker's Fanboy
Industrial Ridden
Valentine Fan
will1234562
S.Winters
chrisredfielmusculo
weskersbarber
Jill Sandwich
Dren
ChickenHeart
Spike991
00biohazard
charlieRE2
Sargent D
Methsia
RebelliousQueen
Jacen Dex
RaviorStygian
ace.redfield
Mass Distraction
xExcel
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
xExcel
Cerberus
Cerberus
xExcel

Resident Evil vs Silent Hill Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 2:17 am

Which one do you think is better, and why?

Me, personally, I like Silent Hill just a TAD bit better. It has nothing to do with the voice acting either(but don't get me started)
I believe RE and SH are both scary and suspenseful, but they are two different kinds of scares/suspense. Silent Hill seemed a bit(LOT) more violent, which is what I prefer in the horror genre.

So how bout you guys?

edit: i just realized this was probably posted before =/ and SOMEONE'S gunna say so
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 5:21 am

Oh hey, haven't seen you here for a while.

I used to get irritated when some people put SH against RE in the sense that the other one HAD to be better and the other one HAD to suck compared to the other. Not the case here, but the reason why I left a certain Silent Hill forum once.

Aaaanyway, I must say that for me they are equal. Both do certain things better than the other and that gives them a great balance. Silent Hill has all that mythos and mystery surrounding the cursed town, grotesque and nightmarish enemies, a really scary atmosphere, the fact that sometimes your best weapon is a lead pipe and it gives the player a certain sense of freedom when you roam around the foggy streets. Resident Evil on the other hand has great characters, an interesting and fun storyline (spanning a whole lot of games), zombies and other such creatures, a big array of weapons and I like the biohazard threat that could appear anywhere.

Btw, you were the first one to post this Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 7:42 am

Silent hill was a very horrific game. The violence is so intense..
on the other hand RE is a very awesome game, characters and weapons and enemies are sooo AWESOME!!

both are good games but i spent most of my gaming life in RE....

well if u wanna know my answer watch until the end...

i love the city as well as the game!! Smile
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 7:49 am

Gameplay and story-wise, I'd say RE is better. In terms of scariness, SH has the upper hand (unless we're talking SH2, which is almost 0% scary with it's insanely easy difficulty).

The thing is, there are more really good RE games then there are SH games. That's how I see it anyway. Basically every RE game delivers in gameplay, while some of the SH games don't.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 7:57 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
Gameplay and story-wise, I'd say RE is better. In terms of scariness, SH has the upper hand (unless we're talking SH2, which is almost 0% scary with it's insanely easy difficulty).

The thing is, there are more really good RE games then there are SH games. That's how I see it anyway. Basically every RE game delivers in gameplay, while some of the SH games don't.

yeah it's the gameplay that counts and the story is better.. RE games give an impact on its story, it's an unending sequels, not like SH
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 8:39 am

Silent Hill just isn't as popular, or "mainstream". The games have more like a cult following. No pun intended.

Silent Hills have this kind of sticky gameplay, but as I've played the games quite a bit I'd say it doesn't bother me.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 8:57 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Silent Hill just isn't as popular, or "mainstream". The games have more like a cult following. No pun intended.

Silent Hills have this kind of sticky gameplay, but as I've played the games quite a bit I'd say it doesn't bother me.

the character is a bit slow.. like in outbreak... maybe because they're not as skilled as STARS and leon.. and claire, let's say she's just chris-trained..
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 9:44 am

Yeah, the interesting thing in Silent Hill is that the characters are just regular people unlucky enough to end up in the town. Well, everyone except Alex Shepherd who just happens to be a Special Forces soldier.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 9:49 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Yeah, the interesting thing in Silent Hill is that the characters are just regular people unlucky enough to end up in the town. Well, everyone except Alex Shepherd who just happens to be a Special Forces soldier.

Weird though that ordinary people fight demonic creatures and survive.. Demons never let you escape alive... right?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 9:55 am

ace.redfield wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Weird though that ordinary people fight demonic creatures and survive.. Demons never let you escape alive... right?
Surviving from Silent Hill is kind of a two-bladed sword... Once you get there, you never REALLY get out.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 10:09 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

Surviving from Silent Hill is kind of a two-bladed sword... Once you get there, you never REALLY get out.

What a curse!! that's so much hell to offer
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 10:29 am

Those who died had it so much easier...
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 10:51 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Those who died had it so much easier...

if i die id rather be eaten by zombies and turn into one of them... lol!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 11:19 am

I wouldn't want that kind of a fate, I'd rather just stay dead than become a walking corpse..
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 11:29 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I wouldn't want that kind of a fate, I'd rather just stay dead than become a walking corpse..

hmmm, bet you're right...
Back to top Go down
xExcel
Cerberus
Cerberus
xExcel

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 1:01 pm

Hey mass, yeah I thought these forums were kinda dead, I only saw the same threads being posted in so I didn't really post anymore. That might change though.

Anyway, even though I acknowledge RE as "the game that started all horror games" I still thihk SH did a much better job. In RE, are you ever truly alone? Even if there are some parts of the game where no one is at your side, there's always someone else you run into, who's also fighting to escape, and it sort of comforts you.

But more often than not, in SH you're completely alone, playing as a completely normal person(aside from one instance) just trying to escape this horrible town. And although it isn't a recurring storyline, with the same characters,(Aside from SH1 and SH3, which are intertwined) the story for each game by itself is amazing and the plot takes some thinking to actually understand.
And in the case of SH2, the monsters/supporting characters are the source of scare/awe. In this game especially(as well as most other SH's) the monsters are nothing more than a manifestation of the thoughts of guilt and torment inside Jame's mind. Like everybody unfortunate enough to visit this town gets their own little nightmare world. Not just the same old monsters/viruses, which leads me to the thought of why some people merely dismissed RE4 because of its lack of zombies?

In any case, SH seems to me to be the more demented of the two, which I prefer. The environment itself changes and makes it that much scarier, rather than just being in a police precinct shooting zombies.

I love both these games but for now SH has my vote. I would, however, absolutely love to see RE become a more SH type scare of a game. Which I doubt, given the tiny, almost insignificant fact that Chris, Wesker and Jill are in MVC3, proving that this series is, unfortunately, leaning towards the action genre...
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 1:46 pm

The forums have been pretty active lately so it's nice to see some familiar faces return.

Actually RE is thought of as the sarting point of "survival horror" genre but anyway, I know what you meant. I forgot to mention that I like the puzzles in SH more as they make the player think outside of the box and some of them really make you think. The monster variation is also a nice thing as it always changes depending on the character.

The RE characters being in MvC3 doesn't prove anything as Jill was already in MvC2 and that was way before the time of RE4&5. They're merely representatives of one of Capcom's most known games. Besides, Revelations and Raccoon City are looking quite horror oriented if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Jacen Dex
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Jacen Dex

Playstation Network NEVER!!!

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:01 am

IMO i prefer Resident evil.

Both games are different, both games are amazing.
I like that resident evils charicters have a better background with STARS etc. Like someone said SH chars were mostly normal people.
RE has a better story IMO and i like the gameplay style.
I think that SH can be more on edge at time but overall for me RE is more playable.

The one thing that i do fing Interesting like Mass said - Once you get there, you never REALLY get out. - Mentle
Back to top Go down
http://www.hardtopsuk.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:27 am

The characters in Silent Hill being just ordinary people just adds to the horror, as they have no idea what's going on and have no combat training whatsoever. You just have to survive with your instincts.
Back to top Go down
Jacen Dex
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Jacen Dex

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:38 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
The characters in Silent Hill being just ordinary people just adds to the horror, as they have no idea what's going on and have no combat training whatsoever. You just have to survive with your instincts.

....I never thought about it like that.

I suppose im probably too biased as ive played RE 1,2,3,4,5 over and over and over where as SH ive only played SH1 a fue times, SH4 once and ive not even played the SH:Downpour thats sitting on my game shelf yet. - But i will say that the Downpour Trailer does look very tence and creepy.
Ive just got to finish dominating RE5 & Fallout NewVegas and then SH:Downpour will be done.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 7:06 am

Umm... Do you mean Homecoming? Downpour is not released until fall.
Back to top Go down
Jacen Dex
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Jacen Dex

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 7:09 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

I do mean that. Shows how much ive played that one....
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 7:11 am

Jacen Dex wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

You'll like the game for sure Very Happy Now that all the bugs are fixed you shouldn't have to worry about those anymore. Pretty hard game to say the least.

That's another thing I like in SH. THe difficulty. That mixed with the unnerving atmosphere is just what a horror game needs.
Back to top Go down
Jacen Dex
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Jacen Dex

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 7:18 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Jacen Dex wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

You'll like the game for sure Very Happy Now that all the bugs are fixed you shouldn't have to worry about those anymore. Pretty hard game to say the least.

That's another thing I like in SH. THe difficulty. That mixed with the unnerving atmosphere is just what a horror game needs.

I love the torch light game play. Doom, Silent Hill, Dead Rising. Dont need any music, just walk through a corridor with your torch and gun and out of nowhere is a Undead minion standing there. I play wearing headphones and you can really pick up the quiet disturbing ominous sounds.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 2:06 pm

the gameplay is really scary.. it's like they took away the 'horror' genre from RE5..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil vs Silent Hill   Resident Evil vs Silent Hill Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil vs Silent Hill
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next